Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cowboy elvis posted:

It’s not Earwolf, but Reply All is amazing.

:agreed:

The skiptracer episodes were kind of a waste of time, but everything else they do is great, especially when they explain internet memes to the old guy(a segment called Yes Yes No).

VVVV oh gently caress yeah, that was awesome

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The episodes about investigating an Indian scam call center were fantastic.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I've heard good things about Reply All.

Now that I no longer drive like 10-12 hours/week, it is very hard to keep up with more than one or two earwolf podcasts, a few maxfun podcasts, and my non-negotiable daily news/info podcasts, and I'm the kind of weird fuckin' dork who pops in an earbud while I make coffee, eat breakfast, shave, feed the cats, etc each morning.

I caught up on an insane amount of podcasts when I lived 4-5 hours away, one-way, from my wife for 2 loving years and would go down to visit her as often as I could and listened to podcasts both ways. I don't miss that, but it turns out living 10 minutes from work on a bicycle and being with my wife again means I've had to pare down how much I consume on podcasts rather significantly.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahahahahaha

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838897

please work out

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Even more important: don't eat like poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

First reply killed it lmao

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That subforum is a shitshow and Koala seems to probate people when her feelings are hurt or somebody disagrees lol

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

ElMaligno posted:

electric razors? Yay or nay?

Yay for me all day man. Just you get what ya pay for. Use hand razor for touch up work.

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

First reply killed it lmao

I made a very serious comment but used "proof is in the pudding" so I dont know who this will end up boys this may be it for this account. I had one from year 2 of SA but young me of course lost that bitch quickly.

Dont care if you discover cancer, you can't tell me its a positive or a "smart" trait to be fat

Just the logic isnt there and I think that was a good post to bait out idiots to get probated and or banned like I may.

all apologies fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 15, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I finally switched to an electric when I grew my beard back out earlier this year. I have a trimmer for my actual beard, use a regular electric for my neck every day, and have a safety razor for ye olde unibrow. It's pretty low maintenance.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

That subforum is a shitshow and Koala seems to probate people when her feelings are hurt or somebody disagrees lol

pretty funny that Koala accidentally probated himself (herself? iunno) instead of the guy he was quoting, and that he apparently doesn't know the meaning of the word 'dehumanize'

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

is she an ozma rereg or something

edit: a hell of a correlation here.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 16, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao at the 30-day probies from the guy who claimed people were being racist against north koreans by stating they treat tourists as targets for propaganda

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I thought Lowtax was going to clean that poo poo out.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

drain the swamp

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I kind of want to post my story about being a 250 lb, 5 ft 8 fat as gently caress 17 year old and how I was almost forced to go on anti-hypertensive meds at the age of loving 17, and how my joints hurt literally every day, and that I had no ability to concentrate/focus on school work because I was either sick, or tired.

And then I lost 80 lbs and miraculously I felt better and my blood pressure was back to normal.. But you know, healthy weight at any size, lol.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
That’s the mod that’s using the forums to advertise their patreon slush fund right

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Woof Blitzer posted:

That’s the mod that’s using the forums to advertise their patreon slush fund right

Um it’s actually a “just in case you guys need anything!” fund

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

I finally switched to an electric when I grew my beard back out earlier this year. I have a trimmer for my actual beard, use a regular electric for my neck every day, and have a safety razor for ye olde unibrow. It's pretty low maintenance.

I use a merkur futur safety razor. Fifty bucks for the razor and 10 bucks for a years worth of feather blades. I've had the razor for 5 or 6 years now and it works great with cheap barbersol shaving cream.

I just keep a shave mirror in the shower and shave there. Electric razors always gave me razor burn and I got tired of buy Mach 3 blades at like five bucks a pop or whatever.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My favorite idea from the thread is that YLLS's general message of "eat less lift more" is problematic.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

My favorite idea from the thread is that YLLS's general message of "eat less lift more" is problematic.

What

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

It's very dehumanizing, apparently.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing they get pedantic about needing to eat x amount of calories to keep up with your expenses while working out but I havent looked yet.

giantgreasymeatplate.jpg

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As an example of how female obesity is treated differently than male obesity, look at the stereotype of the 'Dependapotamous'. There's this assumption that the spouse of a servicemember will be fat, lazy, pop out lots of kids, and be seen as a general drain on society. As far as I know, there's no male equivalent- there's not some cadre of neckbeards with wives that are off in Iraq or Afghanistan while their husbands play X-box and buy twinkies in the commissary.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

As an example of how female obesity is treated differently than male obesity, look at the stereotype of the 'Dependapotamous'. There's this assumption that the spouse of a servicemember will be fat, lazy, pop out lots of kids, and be seen as a general drain on society. As far as I know, there's no male equivalent- there's not some cadre of neckbeards with wives that are off in Iraq or Afghanistan while their husbands play X-box and buy twinkies in the commissary.

Oh there is but they don't get roundly disparaged.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
here is a picture that I took at polk which somehow has gotten around

lmao

google image search i'm your upgrade if you want to see your battle buddy hct's knee i guess

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fister Roboto posted:

https://terminallance.com/2012/09/21/terminal-lance-225-sweet-vengeance/

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

THe reply to me was "Stop justifying your prejudice to make a moral/intelligence judgement on overweight and obese people using concern for their health. It’s real loving transparent what you’re arguing for.

They’re victims of a system set up to fail them, not moral or intellectual failures."

and

"gently caress you."

Found the fatties

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fister Roboto posted:

Bullshit. We're just veterans rather than dependents.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yes, the system is to blame for my obese rear end :thunk:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Your Battle Buddy posted:

lmao

google image search i'm your upgrade if you want to see your battle buddy hct's knee i guess

I'm not even sure how her uh.... shorts? are designed to contain that gunt.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If she's the upgrade, I'd hate to see the previous model. :gonk:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Exactly what I thought of

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Your Battle Buddy posted:

lmao

Yeah um wow. That's surely a thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

someone post the army chowhall fatty with a marine grinning into the camera

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone post the army chowhall fatty with a marine grinning into the camera

Or the 400 pounder standing near the MRAP in his combat shirt

Or the biggun' carrying pizzas with his boonie cap on

E: gently caress it

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 16, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Or the President

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Or the President

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Give him credit, he owned that poo poo. Donnie makes his tailor contemplate suicide after cranking out hideous looking clothes to cover up his waddling fat rear end.

Not that it works, his body still looks like he's wearing adult diapers and his face looks like he's halfway through making GBS threads in them.

• Locked thread