Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really want Andrade to take the title on Saturday. He's been so loving good as of late and totally deserves it. Maybe it's just me, but Drew really doesn't do much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drew should never have been sent to NXT when he came back and doesn't feel like a natural fit at all, he should have been slotted right into a feud with Ziggler decent upper-midcard program on the main roster

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I've been pulling for Andrade since his misfired face debut, but he's still got baggage from that time and hasn't been built enough for a run with the title (plus it would make Drew look especially weak after his adequate Takeover win and humdrum storyline presence since). In another timeline, we could have Andrade pick up the strap and have Black chase, but Cole's practically anointed as the next heel challenger and Black's perpetually on the cusp of being called up.

I would love a career-term Black / Dream frenemy meta-storyline but if Clark keeps the gimmick he'll be joining Breeze and Fandango just as soon as Vince decides to go hard on trios

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/930270063936135169

quote:

During tonight's Monday Night Raw taping in Atlanta, GA, it was announced that WWE NXT would be running the former home of WCW Saturday Night, Center Stage, on Thursday 1/4/18 as well as well as Thursday 2/1/18 and Friday 2/2/18. The belief among those we've checked with is that NXT will be taping TV on those dates.

Center Stage was the home of WCW's Saturday evening tapings from 1989 through 2000. After WCW closed, a number of promotions have run the venue, including the original ECW (which taped a TV taping they never used in January 2000) as well as Ring of Honor, which broadcast iPPVs from the venue, among others.

NXT has utilized the venue in the past for live events as well.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 14, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Related on the answers:

https://twitter.com/TGreeneSKnight/status/930319716115255296

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wow, good thing there's no other big wrestling show on January 4th! :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Wow, good thing there's no other big wrestling show on January 4th! :v:

Good thing that these are tapings and not actually airing live on the WWE Network! (Also not everyone is going to stay up at an ungodly hour to watch WK12)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Good thing that these are tapings and not actually airing live on the WWE Network! (Also not everyone is going to stay up at an ungodly hour to watch WK12)

Watch WK12, take a nap, go to NXT. Not a problem imo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Watch WK12, take a nap

Oh is Cody going to be there?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Aphrodite posted:

Lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

:vince:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The UCF tapings always sucked. They couldn't fill the building and the crowds were deader than a graveyard. Hopefully that's not the case here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MRT why did you write this
https://twitter.com/RPWNewzpaper/status/930466998244560897

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The move to Atlanta seems to be more related to Full Sail using the usual venue for graduation services rather than the crowd being poo poo.

Also doing the maths NXT will have their entire Wrestlemania build taped by February.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

:laffo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Also means Ciampa likely needs to get healthy early February

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/930567825860845568

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's the Takeover go-home show tonight! Featuring Ember Moon vs. Mercedes Martinez, Street Profits vs. Tino & Moss, a "face-to-face" between Drew and Almas, and presumably like 30 minutes of video packages in between.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lars/Ohno should be an awesome Mean Guy Match

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lars is cool + good

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Those fucken air horns in Mercedes Martinez’s theme song make me laugh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ember Moon has been around a good length of time now and I'm still not sure if she is improving or if Asuka just carried her so well it made it seem like she was.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mercedes is good, even if her gear looks like she raided Bayley's wardrobe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm a big fan of Almas but he really needs to upgrade his music from this Carlos Santana B-side

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

Ember Moon has been around a good length of time now and I'm still not sure if she is improving or if Asuka just carried her so well it made it seem like she was.

Ember was Always Good at wrestling, she's just a mess character-wise.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, Ember is a good wrestlelady, but her character work is absolutely terrible. And that's not really the fault of creative. It's the fact that she sounds so robotic, and her character is shallow. From what I understand, workers down in NXT get some flexibility with their roles. I honestly think the only other person in that fatal 4 way who I want to see win the title less than Ember Moon is Peyton Royce.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, Ember is a good wrestlelady, but her character work is absolutely terrible. And that's not really the fault of creative. It's the fact that she sounds so robotic, and her character is shallow. From what I understand, workers down in NXT get some flexibility with their roles. I honestly think the only other person in that fatal 4 way who I want to see win the title less than Ember Moon is Peyton Royce.
What's weird is she used to be good at promoing when she was Athena so I wonder what happened

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I can almost pinpoint the exact time when Ember started crashing and burning, and it was that promo/video package after she lost to Asuka the first time. All the mystique vanished, and the crowd started booing her, because she came off as a massive loser.

As for the upcoming title matches, Drew will probably win, as this Almas feud is just filler until Cole takes the title most likely.

As for the womens title, it'll probably be Ember or Peyton who win it, as much as I dislike them both. Ember is too robotic (but she's being positioned as the chosen one, aka the person the crowd will turn on almost immediately), and Peyton's gimmick is annoying along with it having an incredibly short shelf life (she also can't win clean at all). I can see her dropping the title on a random TV taping, to be honest.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 16, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I remember some segment with Ember walking around backstage with her narrating and saying the dumbest lines imaginable, that's when I checked out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'unno if it's all on Ember, NXT is supposed to help people find a decent character and what has happened is her being booked as a Sami-esque babyface but with a weird Balor gimmick. It's the worst of both worlds for her, and it's gonna get even worse if she stays the same while Kairi is around.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dias posted:

I'unno if it's all on Ember, NXT is supposed to help people find a decent character and what has happened is her being booked as a Sami-esque babyface but with a weird Balor gimmick. It's the worst of both worlds for her, and it's gonna get even worse if she stays the same while Kairi is around.

Kairi and Nikki are already overshadowing her, in terms of being babyfaces. I think at this point, it would be better for Ember to just turn heel. Especially since NXT's women's division has a whopping 2 heels right now (at least that are prominently featured).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm still waiting to hear a compelling reason against Kairi winning that doesn't involve the following arguments.

"It's too soon" -- I mean, God forbid we put over the MYC winner and make that feel like a lasting accomplishment that matters.

"She has no established character" -- Watch the way she connected with crowds in 3-minute NXT matches. It's all there.

"She's too much like Asuka" -- Sure, if you don't actually pay attention to their tonally different styles. Asuka made her money being an intimidating force of nature who transcended face/heel alignments. Kairi is a straight-up white-meat babyface who excels at working from underneath and getting crowds invested in her comebacks, so that alone opens up more storytelling possibilities than Asuka. They really have nothing in common other than being Japanese and having some stiff offense.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kairi needs to pay her dues, and carry the sacred keyblade, in that order, Or any order atall.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Cavauro posted:

Kairi needs to pay her dues, and carry the sacred keyblade, in that order, Or any order atall.

I'd totally get into a story where Regal left Kairi a secret treasure map with a title shot at the end, and she had to sail the seven seas looking for it, while recruiting some uneasy allies along the way. That should fill up a solid 10 months of NXT TV.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I'm still waiting to hear a compelling reason against Kairi winning that doesn't involve the following arguments.

Then don't hold your breath.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

"It's too soon" -- I mean, God forbid we put over the MYC winner and make that feel like a lasting accomplishment that matters.

"She has no established character" -- Watch the way she connected with crowds in 3-minute NXT matches. It's all there.

"She's too much like Asuka" -- Sure, if you don't actually pay attention to their tonally different styles. Asuka made her money being an intimidating force of nature who transcended face/heel alignments. Kairi is a straight-up white-meat babyface who excels at working from underneath and getting crowds invested in her comebacks, so that alone opens up more storytelling possibilities than Asuka. They really have nothing in common other than being Japanese and having some stiff offense.

I wouldn't mind Kairi winning but you have a very vocal fanbase who apparently think that Peyton should be champ and that Kairi is overrated (or hasnt paid her dues). Also because NXT hasn't had a true heel womens champ in a long time.

Please disregard the fact that Peyton's only redeeming factor right now is her gimmick, which will get REALLY old very quickly. I would say workrate wise, she is the worst of the four women in the match. Nevermind the fact that WWE heel title runs tend to be real loving bad after a few weeks, and I am positive that Peyton's title defenses will almost always end in Billie Kay having to interfere.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Benne posted:

I'd totally get into a story where Regal left Kairi a secret treasure map with a title shot at the end, and she had to sail the seven seas looking for it, while recruiting some uneasy allies along the way. That should fill up a solid 10 months of NXT TV.

OH MY GOD YES

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I don't want kairi to win because I'm tired of an outside person debuting in NXT, going undefeated, and then immediately winning the title. It feels like the only thing they do anymore and I would like a longer chase and more of a story

Also I want kairi sane's pirate crew to raid Chris Jericho's cruise and steal all their treasure

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Ember doesnt win the belt she should at least be given a large trophy for having rad theme music.

Also i really hope the boring RoH twinks dont win war games

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They've started adding the game show NXTs to the Network ... for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

John Dudebro posted:

I don't want kairi to win because I'm tired of an outside person debuting in NXT, going undefeated, and then immediately winning the title. It feels like the only thing they do anymore and I would like a longer chase and more of a story

Also I want kairi sane's pirate crew to raid Chris Jericho's cruise and steal all their treasure

Perhaps, but at the same time, someone like Peyton winning would massively devalue the title, since she's pretty much a Jinder Mahal (before he won the WWE Championship) level of jobber. She gets no reactions when coming out. She's better in the ring than Jinder, but that's about it.

Ember sucks as a face, and putting the title on her and keeping her as a face would be a massive mistake as the crowd will eat her alive.

If they have to put the title on Ember, make sure she actually turns while holding it, and have Kairi take it at Takeover: New Orleans.

I don't know about Nikki Cross. She would be a good champ, but I have a feeling Sanity is main roster bound the moment they drop the tag titles.

As for Kairi herself, although it doesn't mean much, she has been losing at house shows a lot lately. But you can only have her chase for so long before it starts to make her look like a loser. That's the problem with title chases for babyfaces in WWE. If they take too long to capture the title, the crowd will stop giving a poo poo.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 16, 2017

• Locked thread