Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

hifi posted:

And if whoever made SOAP is reading this, it worked if you used a extension to disable the referrer

It works anyway, that cloudflare option got switched off months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Polsy posted:

It works anyway, that cloudflare option got switched off months ago

The form is still commented out, so I don't think the website is even trying to do anything anymore.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I mean in the sense that they would just have to undisable the SOAP site and not actually have to change anything.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ulmont posted:

The form is still commented out, so I don't think the website is even trying to do anything anymore.

Yeah this was my point, it should work, and i guess now without any doing on the user's part, but the site's disabled now

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Is anyone else seeing a ghost reply showing up in this thread? For some reason, it's showing one unread reply despite repeatedly hitting the "jump to last read post" button.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Magnus Praeda posted:

Is anyone else seeing a ghost reply showing up in this thread? For some reason, it's showing one unread reply despite repeatedly hitting the "jump to last read post" button.

Yes. The forum database is hosed up and various threads have ghost unread posts. The only way to "fix" it is to abandon this thread in favor of a new one.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

ulmont posted:

446 pixels wide and still nothing. I wonder what the missing setting is.

The "missing setting" was "not being an idiot." I had everything still cached, apparently.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't know, but I can't stop noticing that your post dates bump up right against the edge of the div, while mine have a ~10px margin on the right.

edit: oh it's because mine is set to 24h format. So much for that theory.

edit2: it's happening because 700px is where the buttons under the post are forced to wrap to a new line, only mine don't wrap. The ones that would wrap just disappear and that empty bar appears instead. This happens even with SALR disabled.

Lmao, after reading your explanation I just disabled all the SALR additional buttons under the avatar to the same number as sans-SALR, for me this meant disabling the 'display as single post' button, and the problem disappeared

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Any chance of a font-fixing option? The size ballooned again and I'd love a "Fix Forums Font" option to match the "Fix User CP Font."

(that, or a small script someone could make for Stylish/Tampermonkey to do the same)

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Any chance of a font-fixing option? The size ballooned again and I'd love a "Fix Forums Font" option to match the "Fix User CP Font."

(that, or a small script someone could make for Stylish/Tampermonkey to do the same)

Looking for this as well.

As a hold over option, you can zoom out the page and make everything smaller(Ctrl-Minus for Chrome). The downside is the images also scale and sometimes get cut off.

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

flatluigi posted:

This please. It looks so freaking horrible :(

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Love the eternal one unread post in this thread on this definitely not dead forum.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
yeah what's up with that. is this an easter egg?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Serfer posted:

Love the eternal one unread post in this thread on this definitely not dead forum.

qsvui posted:

yeah what's up with that. is this an easter egg?

It's all over the forum. Has to do with threads Zen Death Robot had posted in before his posts were deleted recently.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can clear it with a different perpage setting but you have to do that every time someone posts in the thread.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
Other threads I had bookmarked with the same issue ended up clearing up after some more posts were made but this one is stubborn

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

ulmont posted:

It's all over the forum. Has to do with threads Zen Death Robot had posted in before his posts were deleted recently.

Yeah, it happened to several pages on the D&D Trump thread. Nonexistent pages for days.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Nokiaman posted:

This please. It looks so freaking horrible :(

If you use uBlock Origin, there's a checkbox to block remote fonts. It fixes the font for the forums(but can have un-intended side effects, like all the buttons on imgur are hosed). If you don't, you can block fonts.gstatic.com and fonts.googleapis.com and that should take care of it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I have a lot of userNotes in JSON format from a greasemonkey script that I'd like to import into the local usernotes in SALR. How could I go about doing that?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is it possible to change the hotkeys for the Quick Reply box? I miss being able to CTRL Q for quote.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Two questions here:

1. Is this using the WebExtention API?
2. If so, is this going to be backported to Firefox seeing that the old SALR is broken now?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

iospace posted:

Two questions here:

2. If so, is this going to be backported to Firefox seeing that the old SALR is broken now?

I came to ask the same thing. I'm looking to try out the new Firefox and see how it is, since it's supposed to be at least comparable to Chrome at the moment. The Firefox one also appears to be dead, development-wise. I'd miss this extension if I weren't able to use it anymore.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Two questions here:

There was some talk of that, however FF57 doesn't support every WebExtension API that Chrome has, and also implements some of them differently. There is an online tool that you can submit code to, and it'll highlight any known compatibility issues, but it still up to someone to actually take those results and produce updated code and do the testing for it. The whole thing is a tough call given a possible impending switch to a new forums backend.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

What a mess. So we need someone to constantly fix it while it's running, not to mention to possibly trash all of that work once the backend stuff is sorted out. Ugh.

I have a question: I've been using SALR Chrome on Vivaldi and it works wonderfully. However, I notice that the quick reply window is stuck to the window so quoting things from different pages is drat near impossible. Is there a fix for that or is that just how SALR Chrome functions?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
goddamnit, so now I have to use Chrome for SALR? loving Firefox.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Anyone else getting this thing?

(the whitespace under the post)

I vaguely remember seeing other posts about it but I can't find any now, so wtf. It's happening on different machines running different versions of windows, if that matters at all. It does not appear (in this thread) in any post prior to that one, and does in every post since, but not the ones in reverse order on the reply page right now.

Fakeedit: I KNEW IT

Penis Vanguard posted:

The bottom of every single post looks like this for me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the font of everything being slightly larger/different (although I may be imagining the font being larger/different, not sure on that one yet).

Anyone figure out what's hosed since then?

Real E: Looking in other threads, it appears to have to do with the width of the date/time text in the post

Nov 9 doesn't wrap to a new line, but Nov 10 does, then Nov 11 doesn't. 10:07 wraps, 11:26 doesn't, 12:28 does. The fix is probably making that column ten pixels wider, or putting the buttons on the left closer together.

Javid fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 16, 2017

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Javid posted:

Anyone else getting this thing?

(the whitespace under the post)

I fixed it using this guy's tip, gets rid of a button you may or may not use though.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Lmao, after reading your explanation I just disabled all the SALR additional buttons under the avatar to the same number as sans-SALR, for me this meant disabling the 'display as single post' button, and the problem disappeared

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
The problem for the other guy was that he had AM/PM turned on, but you clearly don't. Do you have any Tampermonkey scripts or anything else on that would be messing with the CSS?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I have one to fix the fonts in threads, turning it off does make the white space go away but the font being wrong is actually more annoying, so :effort:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Javid posted:

I have one to fix the fonts in threads, turning it off does make the white space go away but the font being wrong is actually more annoying, so :effort:

So just make td.postdate font-size smaller? It shouldn't affect everything else.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So just make td.postdate font-size smaller? It shouldn't affect everything else.

I tried that already and maybe I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't do poo poo.

So here's the only place I can find "postdate" in this css thing:

There's no size line so I steal one from elsewhere and edit the number:

I can set that to 10 or 500 and it doesn't actually DO anything.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
You need to modify
code:
#thread table.post td.postdate {
    font-size: 11px;
    overflow: hidden;
}
in forums.css to adjust the size.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Where's the firefox edition thread?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Archived

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Great, so I can't actually use SALR with firefox anymore?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ugh its Troika posted:

Great, so I can't actually use SALR with firefox anymore?
Welcome, fellow "well I guess I have to now use Chrome" friend.

I've been able to more or less complete my transition, but a couple of things remain kind of broken or irritating: for whatever reason, when I click on a username in a quote it doesn't jump to that post. Disabling Scirptsafe and Adblock doesn't change anything.

Also, is there no way to Hide Avatars? I'm so used to that feature that I guess I forgot it was a Firefox SALR feature.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

Also, is there no way to Hide Avatars? I'm so used to that feature that I guess I forgot it was a Firefox SALR feature.

That's an SA setting in your Control Panel Options.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vykk.Draygo posted:

That's an SA setting in your Control Panel Options.
I mean as a per-user option, not across the board.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Nate RFB posted:

for whatever reason, when I click on a username in a quote it doesn't jump to that post. Disabling Scirptsafe and Adblock doesn't change anything.

Not just you, this broke for me (longtime chrome and SALR user) sometime in the last few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is there no chance of the firefox plugin getting an update?

• Locked thread