Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Did Bit City get the Mars update yet? The moon was OK but it was really just more of the same with all the numbers moved up three or more orders of magnitude.

Also whoever linked Archeage Begins, and who I berated for doing so: gently caress you it's got me hooked. There's enough launch incentives that you barely see the daily limit to playing just now and the raiding is actually kind of fun. At least there's no way to make (or break) fishing pacts in this Archeage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyx
Mar 24, 2006

Like some cat from Japan
I might have missed it, but is anyone else playing The Muscle Hustle: Slingshot Wrestling? It's pretty much what the title suggests, you fling wrestlers at each other like slingshots around a ring. You collect and level up wrestlers, all that jazz. It's actually pretty addicting.

Looks like you can only add friends by code or facebook right now, so here is my obligatory code because I need more wrasslin' friends: 285507.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

drk posted:

It hasn't been updated since April, so yeah, its still a tapper. It also has the annoying aspect of accumulating resources 10x slower when it isnt open (or something like that), which was stupid. I uninstalled after a week or two of playing.

Still has more gameplay than Tiny Tower

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The last few days I've been playing Clone Evolution, a non-tapping idler which I've been told is a clone of Idle Heroes. I've found it an enjoyable enough idler but what really makes it stand out is the batshit insane artwork. You have your regular generic sci-fi dudes but the gems are the horrific mutant versions of historical figures and celebrities. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have reached peak mobage art:

Richard Dawkins?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Looks like Edison

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Nyx posted:

I might have missed it, but is anyone else playing The Muscle Hustle: Slingshot Wrestling? It's pretty much what the title suggests, you fling wrestlers at each other like slingshots around a ring. You collect and level up wrestlers, all that jazz. It's actually pretty addicting.

Looks like you can only add friends by code or facebook right now, so here is my obligatory code because I need more wrasslin' friends: 285507.

hAIL sorry caps. I'm Wrestler #318868

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Popular Japanese mobile strategy RPG For Whom The Alchemist Exists is now available in English under the name The Alchemist Code.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Nyx posted:

This is pretty fun so far. My ID is 318910

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nyx posted:

I'm NoPantsWres 226163

Aug 2, 2000

Alchemist Code just had it's official global launch, it's a cool game very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

Here's a rolling and spending guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/alchemistexistance/comments/7cvff8/alchemist_existence_guide_prt_1_rerolling_gem/

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I'm playing that Clone Evolution game now since it was mentioned, and it's pretty fun for the standard semi idle hero collecting genre. The characters crack me up, the second blue I pulled was David Cameron, "Middle Class Hero".

edit: My team at the moment now is David Cameron, Blackbeard, Benjamin Franklin, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Lee, and a random firefighter.

Namaer fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 15, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Are there servers to choose from in Clone Evolution?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

It doesn't ask what server you want to be on at the start, but you can switch it in the settings. I'm on Server 29.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Budgie posted:

Did Bit City get the Mars update yet? The moon was OK but it was really just more of the same with all the numbers moved up three or more orders of magnitude.

No, and it doesn't look too likely that it ever will. The Nimblebit folks post here occasionally, maybe one of them will kindly stop in to correct me. But it's had the whiff of a dead game for a while now.

I still pull it up sometimes just to idle my way through all the cities and tack another few prestige bonus % on, because it does become an extremely idle game once you get to the end game and it's good for a 'leave phone on and ignore it while working' game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Namaer posted:

It doesn't ask what server you want to be on at the start, but you can switch it in the settings. I'm on Server 29.

Heads up, I changed servers and it's making me go through the tutorial again.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Alchemist Code just had it's official global launch, it's a cool game very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/alchemistexistance/comments/7cvff8/alchemist_existence_guide_prt_1_rerolling_gem/

Does this fame have events where certain heroes/pantheon is prominent similar to pad? Been interested in maybe playing another gacha game but not in the match three genre

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

How bad does it eat your battery? Is there a low graphic mode or skip attack animations?

I'll probably play this anyway...

Aug 2, 2000

Namaer posted:

edit: My team at the moment now is David Cameron, Blackbeard, Benjamin Franklin, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Lee, and a random firefighter.
Haha nice. I currently have Che Guevarra, Trump, Clinton, and Martin Luther King Jr. all on the same team but my strongest unit by far is FDR.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Nyx posted:

This is a ton of fun, thanks for the recommendation. I'll collect everyone's friend code into this post, so add up!

My number is 320397
EzEight is 226163
Bunky is 318910
MPLS to NOLA is 318868
Nyx is 285507
Croccers is 318898

USMC_Karl fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 16, 2017

Aug 2, 2000

Knowlue posted:

Does this fame have events where certain heroes/pantheon is prominent similar to pad? Been interested in maybe playing another gacha game but not in the match three genre
I'm not really familiar with pad events but it does have banner events where you are more likely to draw certain heroes.

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

How bad does it eat your battery? Is there a low graphic mode or skip attack animations?

I'll probably play this anyway...
No graphics or animation options unfortunately. Battery consumption is medium for a 3D game I guess. It's hard to tell since my battery is dying. Consumes more than a pixel game like Brave Exvius but doesn't instantly drain my charge like Future Fight.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

USMC_Karl posted:

This is a ton of fun, thanks for the recommendation. I'll collect everyone's friend code into this post, so add up!

My number is 320397
EzEight is 226163
Bunky is 318910
MPLS to NOLA is 318868
Nyx is 285507

Should I spend my Starter Gold on a Big Shot guy?

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Croccers posted:

Should I spend my Starter Gold on a Big Shot guy?

Added your number to the list. I honestly am not sure on what to do yet, coaches seem to be quite nice but at the same time having a nice rassler would be pretty sweet, too.

The last few days I've been playing Clone Evolution, a non-tapping idler which I've been told is a clone of Idle Heroes. I've found it an enjoyable enough idler but what really makes it stand out is the batshit insane artwork. You have your regular generic sci-fi dudes but the gems are the horrific mutant versions of historical figures and celebrities. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have reached peak mobage art:

This is also kind of addicting. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing in it, but it is entertaining to see the art. Is there a goon guild up?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

I'm not really familiar with pad events but it does have banner events where you are more likely to draw certain heroes.

Yeah same concept. If you're going to reroll scum it's better to do it during banner events. Is it a banner event right now?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's very little point in rerolling in Alchemist according to the guide linked before.

But yeah there's a 3 step and a 9 step banner right now. My guess is there will always be one, just cycling what's on there every 2 weeks.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I got two of the 'S' tier heroes when I rolled, and an A class hero in the Alchemist game.
Yomi is my main hero for my first 10, Lofia I also pulled when I got Yomi, and Almira was my 'freebie' during the tutorial.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

USMC_Karl posted:

My number is 320397
EzEight is 226163
Bunky is 318910
MPLS to NOLA is 318868
Nyx is 285507
Croccers is 318898

Added all these wrestlebuddies, I'm 320871

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Attention Adventure Capitalist fans, Adventure Communist is out right now.

Also out is Beat Street, a retro beat em up with intuitive one finger controls that actually seems pretty fun.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 16, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

mrkillboy posted:

Also out is Beat Street, a retro beat em up with intuitive one finger controls that actually seems pretty fun.

I wish I could like this. The ads being shoved down your throat and there being absolutely no way to stay in the app when the game asks if you like it or not kill me though. Also it asks you that more than once and there oughta be a law.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 16, 2017

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, I'm dissapointed there isn't a no ads IAP, I'd definitely throw some money their way if there was one.

edit: according to a Touch Arcade forum post from the developers buying any IAP apparently get rid of the forced ads. This isn't mentioned in the game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 16, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Yeah, I'm dissapointed there isn't a no ads IAP, I'd definitely throw some money their way if there was one.

edit: according to a Touch Arcade forum post from the developers buying any IAP apparently get rid of the forced ads. This isn't mentioned in the game.

A common thing to do but yeah, not mentioned. I'd be happier if ads were just relegated to the coin doubler option, I click on ad bonuses way more often when they're voluntary than when a game just goes ahead and milks me with no warning.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm 320687 in the wrestle game.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To The Muscle Hustle players be sure to go to options and update your username.

Also set your cool wrestlers as your main one for friends. Profile page then the button at the top left

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I wonder why most mobile games are so tiny and superficial compared to let say strategy, sims and rpg games from the 90's, while tech wise they're light years ahead. Ofcourse there are the likes of Xcom and Rollercoaster Tycoon but most of the bulk are so..simple and gamey..? Even the 'quality' ones. I can imagine touch screen technology can be an obstacle but well..or maybe I am just not looking in the right direction.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Shallow addicting games are cheaper to make and catch whales easier than complex games. It sucks but until people stop dropping hundreds of dollars at a time on phone games that design trend's going to persist.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Klaaz posted:

I wonder why most mobile games are so tiny and superficial compared to let say strategy, sims and rpg games from the 90's, while tech wise they're light years ahead. Ofcourse there are the likes of Xcom and Rollercoaster Tycoon but most of the bulk are so..simple and gamey..? Even the 'quality' ones. I can imagine touch screen technology can be an obstacle but well..or maybe I am just not looking in the right direction.

I think touch screen is a smaller obstacle than the screen being just so tiny. I consider myself inclined to "deep" games (at least to some extent), but it just doesn't work when everything is so tiny. I pushed myself all the way through XCOM because it's so good (even if it was a pain at times) but other games I unambiguously like, such as Desktop Dungeons, I had to give up on.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Klaaz posted:

PC master race

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Flappy Bird was like the gaming equivalent of Blair Witch so of course everyone wanted to reproduce that cost/earning ratio. If that means skimping on actual content and the people needed to craft that even more better.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

EzEight posted:

Also set your cool wrestlers as your main one for friends. Profile page then the button at the top left

Can you take a screenshot of this? I can't find the profile page you're talking about.

e: Never mind! It's the wrestler's profile, not my player profile.

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 16, 2017

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Alchemist Code seems pretty good, so far. From what I can tell (only a few missions in), they took a pretty decent tactics game and bolted on gacha elements to it, rather than just figuring out some gacha stuff and creating a mediocre game around it. Guess time will tell if that holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Richard Dawkins?

This is a redkin of idle heroes