Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

All of the usual suspects. If you share your armor with your other healer jobs you probably want to ignore spell speed though. IIRC you play sch too so go crit. Det would be fine too.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If you think your heals are big enough already you can go Direct Hit for the sick deeps.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
today in o2s i had a 3100 dps drg complain about me, the 2700 dps warrior, because he did not understand how long drop worked and assumed i must have done something wrong

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i just hit 50 with my miner and game just threw up all this information about collectables at me help me make sense of it all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i just hit 50 with my miner and game just threw up all this information about collectables at me help me make sense of it all.

When you use Methodical Appraisal on an item, it gives you an amount of collectability for the item based on your perception stat. This consumes one gathering attempt and 10 wear, of which you have 30 to use. The goal is to reach the target collectability before you run out of wear or gathering attempts, and then gather the item(s).

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Ignore it until 60, then do this http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-gathering-rotation-appraisal-collectibility-scrip-farming/

and this

Ideally, ignore all of this until 70.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And unless you have BiS gear for 50 you can honestly forget about collectables for a few levels as you can't hit those numbers without better gear.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ok now post the one with the person who like had to sacrifice their soul to summon Ifrit, who is also their lover.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

and the one where the guy is doing the Blossom Dance quote every Midare as a Samurai.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

vOv posted:

Ok now post the one with the person who like had to sacrifice their soul to summon Ifrit, who is also their lover.

Dude I've been trying to find that again for ages.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Just a screenshot dump.

Been back on that poetics grind.

(WIP)

https://naheo.imgur.com/

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 20, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally, all I had to do was search through two years of tweets.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

yes, YES

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I showed it to a friend and:
"the price is burning, yeah that'd be the gonorrhea. We've all seen ifrit with every summoner ever"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All that and she can't even spell his name right.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

you are the hero this thread deserves, sir

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Mael on a fuckin' roll

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Hit level 50 on PLD tonight! :toot: Finally, a good meta tank to complement my good storyline tank!

I'll actually put effort into a glamour later. That said, does anyone here play PLD on controller, and if so, would you mind showing off your hotbar setup? It feels like this class has even more buttons than DRK (though not quite to SCH levels of insanity), and I'm not quite sure what abilities need to be on my main bar, or the EXHB, or on a secondary one.

And hell, since Sexmonster/Naheo/Namingway started it, I'll dump a few screenshots too.

going home to visit the parents

shooting butterflies at Azys Lla

"i'm afraid i have some bad news. your parses are as grey as my skin is."

pirates of the old salt lochs

saint reymanaud's cathedral is a very underrated sightseeing destination

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vitamean posted:

Partially true but if you get Totorak as red mage you end up in the hellish situation where you've got Verfire but not Verstone.

Doesn't really matter when you can't spend mana properly.

ImpAtom posted:

What materia are good for WHM again right now? Crit?

WHM melds tend to be to personal taste rather than functionality in 9/10 cases, but I prefer Crit over Det/SS/Pie. The aforementioned SCH always wanting Crit helps if you play SCH a lot obviously.

I've started putting Vit in my accs despite not doing much content that needs it because the return on the substats is pretty negligible but having more HP is a tangible effect in general so why not I guess.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 16, 2017

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

For anyone who, like me, has been sitting on big old piles of not-very-useful grade V materias, I gave transmutation a serious try today and found it actually pretty useful. Putting in 200 materia that could probably have sold (fairly slowly) for about 600,000 gil altogether, i.e. 40 transmutations, I got back about 1,000,000 worth of useful Vs and even 2 ok VIs. And this was without even realizing that you can't get back the same type of materia you put in. So, ideally, you'll put 5 different kinds of garbage materia in for every transmutation and you should have better odds of getting good stuff.

This isn't gonna make you instantly rich or or anything, but for people who wanna squeeze some extra money out of bad materia and enjoy profitable slot machines it's kinda cool! Also, of course, it depends on the server; on Excal the highest rank Vs are worth around 80k gil at the moment, I imagine they might be a lot more or less on other servers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dear yoshida pee,

i am writing to you to express my concern regarding boosted monks. every pubby monk i have seen in the past two days has been using tornado kick as soon as possible. one especially troubling instance would be the level 70 monk with a solid 38,000 HP still exhibiting this behaviour in expert roulette. i would like to request that you stop selling monk boost potions until you implement a quest that successfully teaches the extremely complex mechanic of greased lightning 3 = good, anything that gets rid of greased lightning 3 = bad or that delete tornado kick from the game. i would also settle for you just deleting monk in general because it's pretty obvious you guys have no idea what to do to make it interesting in future.

thanks in advance

me, a former monk secondary, speaking on the behalf of everyone.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

and the one where the guy is doing the Blossom Dance quote every Midare as a Samurai.

Oh my god I think that might have been mine.

I hope that's still sitting on my computer somewhere I'll see if I can find it tonight.

e: lmao nevermind it's on the first page of my posts

Renegret posted:

pubbies.txt

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 16, 2017

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

kirbysuperstar posted:

holy loving lol

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
If she loved it she wouldn't spell its name Ifirt.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Eh, correct spelling would be too much ifirt.

:haw:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can't tell if these are ironically terrible or genuinely terrible.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

What materia are good for WHM again right now? Crit?

DH left vit right if you need it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

But... How can Ifrit-egi kneel if it has no legs??

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Josuke Higashikata posted:

dear yoshida pee,

i am writing to you to express my concern regarding boosted monks. every pubby monk i have seen in the past two days has been using tornado kick as soon as possible. one especially troubling instance would be the level 70 monk with a solid 38,000 HP still exhibiting this behaviour in expert roulette. i would like to request that you stop selling monk boost potions until you implement a quest that successfully teaches the extremely complex mechanic of greased lightning 3 = good, anything that gets rid of greased lightning 3 = bad or that delete tornado kick from the game. i would also settle for you just deleting monk in general because it's pretty obvious you guys have no idea what to do to make it interesting in future.

thanks in advance

me, a former monk secondary, speaking on the behalf of everyone.

I wanna see the big number :nsamad:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
not to say those people are doing it correctly, but don't monks actually use tornado kick now?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

not to say those people are doing it correctly, but don't monks actually use tornado kick now?

You have it the other way around. Tornado Kick was relevant when you didn't have a way to refresh GL during downtime, now you do so now it isn't

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i thought i saw something about tornado kick during riddle of fire with perfect balance, but i haven't actually played monk since like 3.2 so :shrug:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_JP/status/931095732840407040

Khloe minion description.txt

e: it better come with a bunch of stickers

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
It's too bad they shoved her into a crane game.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Josuke Higashikata posted:

WHM melds tend to be to personal taste rather than functionality in 9/10 cases, but I prefer Crit over Det/SS/Pie. The aforementioned SCH always wanting Crit helps if you play SCH a lot obviously.

I always liked spell speed because Presence of Mind and Holy spam at a ridiculous rate.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Both SCH and AST hate spell speed, but if you're a WHM alone, it's not so bad. They suffer from the same thing AST does in that they only really have two things they can weave from: regen and aero 2. But unlike AST/SCH, they don't have the same pressure to constantly use their oGCD abilities (aside from Assize), so they don't have the same clipping nightmares as the other two healers.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

But... How can Ifrit-egi kneel if it has no legs??

I don't think the quote is her summoning Ifrit-egi, I think the quote is her summoning Ifrit itself at the start of one of the duties.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bet Ifrit is a good kisser

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Only one cure for the tempered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jay Rust posted:

I bet Ifrit is a good kisser

I have it on good authority that Titan is better