Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

no one said it was an emergency just a symptom of how polarized and hosed politics have become literally nothing gets fixed through politics in this country which is why things are only going to continue to get worse until something happens for the better or much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Avirosb posted:

Being a supposed ally to the US post 9/11 was not all that fun TBH :saddowns:

well, if you enlisted in the armed services post 9/11 you're dumb as poo poo but if you got blown to smithereens by a dork in martyr vest you have my deepest sympathies.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the one thing probably all americans can agree on whatever change the nation needs it won't come from the political class itself

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
we should just hang em all

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

a bone to pick posted:

we should just hang em all

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

45% of americans didn't vote last year and instead of trying to capture some of that huge amount of potential voters the democrats are going to go more right wing to try and steal republican votes that will never votefor them

Republicans are gonna convinced them to vote and power through the next election.

2 scoops
2 sips
2 terms

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'm saying you're a moron because you basically go "lol only an american would think the us collapsing would be bad!" when well of course an American would think that, idiot. Only people trying to be edgelords online and complete morons are going "Boy I hope my country collapses around my ears lmao"

I still don't get what you're driving at here, maybe you should explain it more clearly?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I'm saying you're a moron because you basically go "lol only an american would think the us collapsing would be bad!" when well of course an American would think that, idiot. Only people trying to be edgelords online and complete morons are going "Boy I hope my country collapses around my ears lmao"

Well you know, as long as it triggers Dems :shrug:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Avirosb posted:

Well you know, as long as it triggers Dems :shrug:

They're loving us same as every other politician dude.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Percelus posted:

the one thing probably all americans can agree on whatever change the nation needs it won't come from the political class itself

I actually think the election of Trump might be the beginning of a more populist swing in US politics that could end up somewhere positive. Yes, he's a huge and stupid first step, but we could go other interesting places from here that aren't so moronic. The Clinton machine being in a death spiral is also 100% a good thing for US progressive politics. Everything sucks at the moment but there's a lot of potential for change right now that just didn't seem possible at all in the previous 20 years.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

They're loving us same as every other politician dude.

And that's why deregulations are good.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Avirosb posted:

And that's why deregulations are good.

No, they're not.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
remember hillary clinton's wet pussy

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

new phone who dis posted:

I actually think the election of Trump might be the beginning of a more populist swing in US politics that could end up somewhere positive. Yes, he's a huge and stupid first step, but we could go other interesting places from here that aren't so moronic. The Clinton machine being in a death spiral is also 100% a good thing for US progressive politics. Everything sucks at the moment but there's a lot of potential for change right now that just didn't seem possible at all in the previous 20 years.

careful, if you try to polish a turd too hard it'll just fall apart in your hands.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

The 90s were pretty cool.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

The 90s were pretty cool.

the secret to reducing national debt is getting yo dick sucked on the reg by people who aren't hillary clinton.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jose Mengelez posted:

the secret to reducing national debt is getting yo dick sucked on the reg by people who aren't hillary clinton.

lol somebody give Monica a medal

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

grab em by the... wait no!!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jose posted:

45% of americans didn't vote last year and instead of trying to capture some of that huge amount of potential voters the democrats are going to go more right wing to try and steal republican votes that will never votefor them

This was the moral they got out of the "deplorables" snafu

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theperminator posted:

Republicans are gonna convinced them to vote and power through the next election.

2 scoops
2 sips
2 terms

you defend pedophiles

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Skypie posted:

This was the moral they got out of the "deplorables" snafu

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?
The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

"Yep, that sounds like me! Deplorable and proud of it! Suck it, libcucks :smuggo:"

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Avirosb posted:

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?
The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

"Yep, that sounds like me! Deplorable and proud of it! Suck it, libcucks :smuggo:"

Yeah, what I mean is that the Democrats want to try and appeal to those people rather than try to pull in the people who didn't vote

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Remember when Romney was pilloried for saying a much less inflammatory version of the same thing? I do.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

just another posted:

Remember when Romney was pilloried for saying a much less inflammatory version of the same thing? I do.

Ah, back when PC culture mattered. Good times.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

just another posted:

When Mormons gave black people the right to a soul, Mitt Romney pulled over and cried. It was out of joy.

When the state of Arkansas took back the slaves that worked at the governor's mansion, Hillary Clinton also cried. It was not out of joy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

just another posted:

I remember when Romney bitched about students and retirees not paying taxes, while he paid half the percentage that I do.

Then I also remembered the GOP looking at that and saying "lol rich people still pay too much better give em some huge cuts."

I remembered that last part because it's happening right now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the tax cut lol is that trump phoned democrats senators to convince them to cut taxes because he'd benefit

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

romney visiting trump after the election and having to prostrate before him was the best part of the whole cycle

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

"Am I so out of touch..!? No. It is the left who are wrong." - a dem, lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Avirosb posted:

Being a supposed ally to the US post 9/11 was not all that fun TBH :saddowns:

Better than being our enemy. Remember that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Percelus posted:

also lmao at this notion universal healthcare would be hard to implement in america just expand medicare to cover everyone and hire some people to do the extra book keeping there have been bills pushed forward with this gist already

Just letting people buy into Medicare early would be a good start.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Percelus posted:

also lmao at this notion universal healthcare would be hard to implement in america just expand medicare to cover everyone and hire some people to do the extra book keeping there have been bills pushed forward with this gist already

There's a lot of nice Obamacare employees who could fill these book keeping positions.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Some of those bills even provide 100% unemployment benefits for workers of the health insurance industry for two years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the fun thing about even getting medicare for all now is tons of rural hospitals have closed and are closing so tons of people will still be without access to most medical care

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

bitmap posted:

"Am I so out of touch..!? No. It is the left who are wrong." - a dem, lol

lol that really came back to bite them in the rear end when the left ended up voting for Trump.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The left didn’t vote for trump, most people in America didn’t even vote for anybody or left the top ballot blank.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

really queer Christmas posted:

The left didn’t vote for trump, most people in America didn’t even vote for anybody or left the top ballot blank.

lol

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Avirosb posted:

lol that really came back to bite them in the rear end when the left ended up voting for Trump.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

didn’t even vote

same

• Locked thread