Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Are we taking bets on whether bugs increase or decrease in today's report?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
No sale this week(end) so increase.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Interesting, let's rubead.

Hmkay...

Reddit, I give up.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Are we taking bets on whether bugs increase or decrease in today's report?

Bugs decrease and blockers increase by the same amount.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beexoffel posted:

Interesting, let's rubead.

Hmkay...

Reddit, I give up.

If only they cared to archive their posts.

Or, you know, not being such a poo poo website for anything even remotely approaching conversations and not just shouting at your monitor until you give up in disgust.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Or, you know, not being such a poo poo website for anything even remotely approaching conversations and not just shouting at your monitor until you give up in disgust.

Welcome to the internet. We hope you enjoy your stay, here's your lotion, wetnaps and eyebleach. Please don't give anyone your passwords, and be warned that xxxxjailbait18xxxx is a hairy dockerworker from New Jersey.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Hav posted:

'Hunting' Goons? We tend to advertise.

SHHH remember keep the gooning secret otherwise we won't be able to... do... the things.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Lladre posted:

Bugs decrease and blockers increase by the same amount.

It's bugs and tasks now not bugs and blockers.

But it's okay that's only the fifth revision of the counting system since the beginning of the bug countdown a few months ago or so.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I predict star citizen will not be released today.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

I predict star citizen will not be released today.

Are you calling it?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toblakai posted:

Are you calling it?

I'm never not calling it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I don't think you can call it unless you have a blog that cites your post.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dusty Lens posted:

you need to have a Mobius strip of calls to truly call it

1. Post calling it.
2. Blog post calling it citing your post
3. Post here citing your blog citing the earlier post

4. Twitter, reddit, or ranting and shaking your fist at the clouds about how called it is

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So Star Citizen good or what?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

https://twitter.com/BNBL_Posts/status/931191592815398913

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Golli posted:

It's incompetent, and hilarious given the recent tactic of hiding behind shell companies.

Robert Space Industries is NOT a company registered in California. So, the TOS is unenforceable on its face. Roberts Space Industries does not have standing to enforce it.

Sorry, I'm just catching up to the thread after being gone for a while. Your statement is not true:

They are Delaware registered Corp doing business in CA. Check out: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=roberts+space&SearchSubType=Keyword and look at the Reg details. They filed a foreign qualifications form as required. Delaware law also allows for a foreign registered corp (one that does business in another state) to select forum (forum selection clause), but any other agreements are contracts must be "crystalline," so as to not be ambiguous to the parties. CIG's ToS expressly states taht CA law is governing, which is enough for Delaware law.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 16, 2017

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

you need to have a Mobius strip of calls to truly call it

1. Post calling it.
2. Blog post calling it citing your post
3. Post here citing your blog citing the earlier post

4. Twitter, reddit, or ranting and shaking your fist at the clouds about how called it is

:vince:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sorry, I'm just catching up to the thread after being gone for a while. Your statement is not true:

They are Delaware registered Corp doing business in CA. Check out: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail and look at the Reg details. They filed a foreign qualifications form as required. Delaware law also allows for a foreign registered corp (one that does business in another state) to select forum (forum selection clause), but any other agreements are contracts must be "crystalline," so as to not be ambiguous to the parties. CIG's ToS expressly states taht CA law is governing, which is enough for Delaware law.

Your statement is true for Roberts Space Industries (with an 's' in Roberts).

It is not true for Robert Space Industries (without the 's') which is what is referenced in the TOS.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

One thing I don't see brought up at all is the fact that these morons are going to go through "release fatigue" where, when it's finally released(hah), there's nothing to be excited about because they've been playing through it piecemeal over an entire decade. Flying in the same spaceship isn't going to suddenly be really fun because they finally added that one goofy feature they promised years ago. It's like paying premium to stay in a resort while they're building it. When it's finally done, there's no awe or surprise. You've already done everything while enduring endless bullshit.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Golli posted:

So doing a little light browsing, I found the California Secretary of State business search site https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/ .

Looking at the listing for Roberts Space Industries, a Delaware corporation (not unusual) I noticed that they typically file their required statements of information late. Again not unusual for them.

But looking at the listings for Gemini 42 Productions LLC and Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, both of which are located at the same address of RSI, something seemed odd.

They both filed the required Statement of Information on 8/4/17 - submitted by Steven Kam (Toast).

The unusual thing is that another Statement of Information for Gemini 42 Entertainment was filed on 9/29/17 - this time by Karen Oto, Controller.

Since these are only supposed to be filed every two years or upon a material change of the information, I wonder what it all means. I am no lawyer, but this sort of thing is interesting to me.

Any insights?

CA requires it to be filed annually.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

FrozenLederhosen posted:

One thing I don't see brought up at all is the fact that these morons are going to go through "release fatigue" where, when it's finally released(hah), there's nothing to be excited about because they've been playing through it piecemeal over an entire decade. Flying in the same spaceship isn't going to suddenly be really fun because they finally added that one goofy feature they promised years ago. It's like paying premium to stay in a resort while they're building it. When it's finally done, there's no awe or surprise. You've already done everything while enduring endless bullshit.

This is correct and beautiful.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

They are Delaware registered Corp doing business in CA. Check out: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail and look at the Reg details. They filed a foreign qualifications form as required. Delaware law also allows for a foreign registered corp (one that does business in another state) to select forum (forum selection clause), but any other agreements are contracts must be "crystalline," so as to not be ambiguous to the parties. CIG's ToS expressly states taht CA law is governing, which is enough for Delaware law.

You can't be this dumb. Which part of "Robert" vs "Roberts" did you miss?

The TOS is either faulty or it's unenforceable. Pick one.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

quote:

The RSI Services are made available to you by Robert Space Industries Corp., a company registered in California, USA, and located at 12322 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90064 (“RSI”, “we”, “us”, “our”). If you would like to contact us or make a complaint about any of the RSI Services, please contact us by mail at the foregoing address or via email: support@cloudimperiumgames.com.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

G0RF posted:

(snip)

drat it, GORF, stop ruining dreams with your 'facts' :argh:.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

You can't be this dumb. Which part of "Robert" vs "Roberts" did you miss?

The TOS is either faulty or it's unenforceable. Pick one.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

You're really an old and stubborn person. This typo is not nearly the issue you seem to think it is.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're really an old and stubborn person. This typo is not nearly the issue you seem to think it is.

Its only an error on a legal document that could have very far reaching ramifications but oh well :shrug:

ITS JUST A TYPO! I scream and shout as I slowly turn into an inmate

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its only an error on a legal document that could have very far reaching ramifications but oh well :shrug:

ITS JUST A TYPO! I scream and shout as I slowly turn into an inmate

Go take it up with a judge.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Im calling it now. 3.0 will be parcelled out into sub patches over 2018. This is an official call. Please update the archives

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

We've been over this, CIG is too scared to go to court.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Its pretty critical. I got knocked back on a Trademark application recently over this exact issue.
I don't know about the US, but here in the UK that sort of thing is taken pretty seriously.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Im calling it now. 3.0 will be parcelled out into sub patches over 2018. This is an official call. Please update the archives

3.0 has been reduced in size to 0.3 and Chris Robert has just said it's already part of 2.6

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Codezombie posted:

Its pretty critical. I got knocked back on a Trademark application recently over this exact issue.
I don't know about the US, but here in the UK that sort of thing is taken pretty seriously.

PISH POSH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME CHAP, WE IN THE FREE WORLD LET SUCH TRIVIAL MATTERS SLIDE!

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

PISH POSH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME CHAP, WE IN THE FREE WORLD LET SUCH TRIVIAL MATTERS SLIDE!

I wish the bloody Trademark office had, it cost me £120 to get it fixed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Someone start a company called Robert Space Industries and have your official website just show "sure dude, you can have a refund".

AP fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 16, 2017

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

AP posted:

Some start a company called Robert Space Industries and have your official website just show "sure dude, you can have a refund".

Yarp, just checked Companies House, its available to be claimed...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company-name-availability?q=Robert+Space+Industries

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This kept bothering me, I swore I saw the eclipse somewhere before.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-worlds-most-secretive-737-is-really-the-usafs-most-1686479619

Yep.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

We would but none of us is stupid enough to still have cash left in this game. What kind of moron would read every post in this thread and not get a refund?

I'm glad your belt is dead, Toast

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

hot balls man no homo posted:

I'm glad your belt is dead, Toast

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:lol:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

MoMA's a bit of a dumb dumb.

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol at posting a broken link due to not even understanding how dynamic pages work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

XK posted:

MoMA's a bit of a dumb dumb.

lol at posting a broken link due to not even understanding how dynamic pages work.

Don't be mean. He only works for CIG, and you can't expect them to know how to use a computer....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM