Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh man, that IS bad. I wonder how many orders went unfulfilled if that went overlooked until now.

Maybe this can be the impetus for a limited run DVD release of the KTMA season, which is what I was secretly hoping the mystery gift was gonna be. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
They sent out an official email to everyone who added the mystery gift (which is the same thing they sent me as a reply) so here it is:

quote:

Dearest MST3K Add-On Backer,

If you’re receiving this email, it means that you ordered the MST3K MYSTERY GIFT as an Add-On Reward when you filled out BackerKit and that it wasn’t in your recent shipment of rewards.

Ivan here. As much as it pains me to deliver bad news, this is totally our fault.

(Please don’t panic: we’re going to do our best to take good care of you. Keep reading and I’ll explain.)

WHAT HAPPENED
After the most recent rewards shipped, and a number of you contacted us about missing Mystery Gifts, we discovered that there was a setting in BackerKit that we somehow missed. As a result, you were charged for your Mystery Gift(s), but we didn’t know about your order when we coordinated reward production with the factory, and didn’t order enough units of the Mystery Gift.

WHAT THAT MEANS
Right now, we don’t have enough of the original Mystery Gift to send you the Add-On reward you’ve paid for. And, because we already spent most of your contribution making Season 11, we don’t have the money to offer you a full refund. (And even if we could, that would be pretty disappointing after all this time.) If you’re upset about this, please know that we’re just as upset, and we are going to figure out how to make it up to you.

WHAT HAPPENS NOW
We’re talking with the manufacturer of the Mystery Gift to find out if it’s possible to place another order for the additional gifts that we need. We’ll know soon, but even if we are able to do that, it could take until next spring for them to arrive and get to you — which, we know, totally sucks.

We’re also exploring a bunch of alternate options, including possible exchanges for other rewards of equal or greater value, because we don’t want anyone to be disappointed. We don’t know what’s possible yet, but we’ll do our best to get more information for you in the next week or two.

For the moment, please just know that — as disappointing as I know this might be — we haven’t forgotten about you, and we’re not going to leave you hanging. It might take some extra time, but we’ll do our best to make you happy, and to make up for the disappointment.

I’ll send you another email as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we’re sorry (again) for this mixup, and we’re so grateful for your patience — we hope you enjoyed the other rewards you received, and are still enjoying Season 11. We’re hoping to have more news about Season 12 very soon, so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading, and for understanding.

Sheepishly,
Ivan

business hammocks posted:

It would be a great deal if they gave you better stuff instead. The blurays cost as much as the funko thing.

I took the Blu-rays instead of the mystery gift originally, which is how I ended up in this situation. I agree though; I'm definitely curious to see what options they come up with that aren't the funko pop, since those aren't really something I collect.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 16, 2017

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Edit: double post

Anyway, what's everyone looking forward to seeing on Thursday for the marathon? If they're not going to show anything from a previous marathon, we might get to see some really deep cuts.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 16, 2017

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m hoping Riding With Death, as its very seasonally appropriate.

Turkeys HOOOOOO!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

TL posted:

I’m hoping Riding With Death, as its very seasonally appropriate.

Turkeys HOOOOOO!

I have to teach on Thanksgiving, but I will be sure to keep my patent papers at a slight angle nevertheless.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ms Boods posted:

I have to teach on Thanksgiving, but I will be sure to keep my patent papers at a slight angle nevertheless.

"Sam, I'm blown to several million bits, but I still have to finish these patent papers."

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I got my Blu-ray yesterday. Looking forward to getting into the bonus disc.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Ms Boods posted:

We'll have a turkey update. :v:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We'll have a turkey update. :v:

Cheers -- I knew I could count on all of, since you're all quite a gal.

(I love Riding with Death.)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was the usb supposed to have episodes on it? Mine just has the ringtones and wallpapers they released earlier.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Was the usb supposed to have episodes on it? Mine just has the ringtones and wallpapers they released earlier.

Originally, they were supposed to have the first three episodes of the season, but way back in one of the early updates they said the episodes probably wouldn't fit.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just rewatched Time Chasers for the first time in nearly a decade. It really is one of the best episodes of the show between the lovingly silly movie, the riffs, and the host segments.

It's just about as perfect as television can get! /Jack Perkins

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

Just rewatched Time Chasers for the first time in nearly a decade. It really is one of the best episodes of the show between the lovingly silly movie, the riffs, and the host segments.

They did a revist of Time Chasers with Rifftrax and were able to get a different cut of the movie with some extra scenes. Also for a while now Rifftrax has been doing other movies from Edgewood Entertainment, the studio behind Time Chasers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A really great gag from Radar Secret Service is the skit after Last Clear Chance where Crow has a "pencil" mustache that is literally a pencil glued to his face.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Egbert Souse posted:

It really is a great episode. I've used Space Mutiny in the past to try to get people into the show, but the Host Segments always come off wrong. Whereas I love the segment when Mike and Crow float over to Pearl's car for a quick chat. Its got that warm charm while still being a bit "evil" in that fun way.

Its a great episode in so many ways.

"Hi. I'm Bob Evil!"

Also everything involving his office is comedy gold.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm really hoping for a Season 12 announcement on Thursday.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’ll walk back to the past.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

muscles like this! posted:

A really great gag from Radar Secret Service is the skit after Last Clear Chance where Crow has a "pencil" mustache that is literally a pencil glued to his face.

"Can RADAR save our dying marriage?!"

I love that film, though I totally agree with Mike and Tom during the fist fight. Something along the lines of...

"I'm more bland!"
"No, I am!"
"I defy you to remember my character's name!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Jet Jaguar posted:

"Can RADAR save our dying marriage?!"

"RADAR can't look into their hearts, sir."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm watching Zombie nightmare on Netflix and I thought the neighborhood looked familiar. So I typed the address of the Twist & Creme into Google Maps, thinking it might be on Gouin Blvd. and would you believe the place is still there?

My dad's family grew up around the corner, and my uncle was a long haired muscle car mechanic a block away. Small world!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"starring Adam West"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Reince Penis posted:

My dad's family grew up around the corner, and my uncle was a long haired muscle car mechanic a block away. Small world!

Are long haired muscle cars that common?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

See if you can get them to put up a big sign that says "As featured on MST3K!" with a pic of Joel doing the "It stinks!" gesture.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Are they ever going to add more older episodes onto Netflix?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pixeltendo posted:

Are they ever going to add more older episodes onto Netflix?

Hulu still has the rights to a bunch of them, so who knows

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Predictions for this year's marathon picks:

The Day the Earth Froze
Overdrawn at the Memory Bank
I Accuse My Parents
Time Chasers
Cave Dwellers
Werewolf

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MST3K.com is selling a limited edition JOIKE sweatshirt.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Reince Penis posted:

I'm watching Zombie nightmare on Netflix and I thought the neighborhood looked familiar. So I typed the address of the Twist & Creme into Google Maps, thinking it might be on Gouin Blvd. and would you believe the place is still there?

YOU'VE been to the Twist and Chrem?!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mace Bacon posted:

YOU'VE been to the Twist and Chrem?!

I'll have a booth at DragonCon if anyone has any questions about the menu or anything.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Joel sent out a :unsmith:-as-hell update this morning to the backers, if you want something to read before Turkey Day.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope the idea for the comic series is that they reprint insane old Gold Key comics or something and riff them.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sooooooooo if you're not a backer is all this stuff secret?

Because a comic doesn't sound quite like a twelfth season. :(

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He didn’t say anything about a new season, and mentions that the current season is the highest-rated show on netflix if you go by rotten tomatoes averages, which is a pretty weak measure.

I’m hoping they’ll say something during the marathon.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mentions that the current season is the highest-rated show on netflix if you go by rotten tomatoes averages, which is a pretty weak measure.

Outside of Netflix's super-secret Council of Sentient AI's, it's really the only one we have.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So when's Turkey Day go live?

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Noon est. I’m not so optimistic re s12 getting announced today, the email v definitely didn’t say anything like “be ready for a big announcement“ and seemed to downplay new episodes as a thing.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

muscles like this! posted:

MST3K.com is selling a limited edition JOIKE sweatshirt.

You say this, but you don't provide a link.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
When does the stream link usually come up?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The email mentioned in passing negotiations with Netflix had been ongoing following the summer tour, but that was it, really. Not really feeling optimistic about any news today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HannibalBarca posted:

When does the stream link usually come up?

The Turkey Day Marathon is going to start at 12 Eastern.

Shout Factory website and app, MST3K* Twitch channel, YouTube, and on the MST3K Pluto.tv channel.

The Twitch one was fun last year, the comment stream tended to the funny rather than I'm-A-12-Year-Old-Being-Edgy.

* - or Shout Factory Twitch can't remember which

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 23, 2017