Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Spike is really making GBS threads out the Shannara episodes. 6 episodes in 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, basically, I think it was on before South Park or something else I liked on CC. But yeah, that sounds about right, although the bit where they cut in line for Star Wars Episode I tickets pissed off all the nerds in line, might have been the most mean that the Kimmel/Carrolla seasons got.

Girls jumping on trampolines was always played during the end credits.

Even when they were mean it was usually in the name of a joke, like the one bit where they asked women how much they weighed while the platform they were standing on had a hidden scale so they could see how.much they were lying.

The Man Show Boy segments with Andy Milonakis were hilariously cruel though, like him going up to young women while wearing a boy scout uniform and trying to help them cross the street while explaining that he had to "help old ladies" for a merit badge.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

"...he also kidnapped anyone I asked him to and didn't ask questions. Not one."

holy poo poo Future Man is so good

Corey Wolfhart is the best

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Welp, Al Franken is a sex monster too. He's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh darn it, he'll grab your boobs while you're sleeping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

Welp, Al Franken is a sex monster too. He's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh darn it, he'll grab your boobs while you're sleeping.

I shouldn't be laughing but drat.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Once again it's TVIV Top Ten time so I'm gonna need a list from peeps of TV shows that aired this year that either aired early in the year, not many people watched, or both

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

Oh God drat it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's one of those scenarios where my tribal monkey brain in all its hypocrisy jumped to "welllllllll, I dunno" until I heard there was an actual picture.

gently caress, man.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Once again it's TVIV Top Ten time so I'm gonna need a list from peeps of TV shows that aired this year that either aired early in the year, not many people watched, or both

ok here's some. included ones i probably didn't need to just for coverage but ah well

code:
13 Reasons Why
Adventure Time
Alias Grace
American Gods
At Home With Amy Sedaris
Back
Baskets
Better Call Saul
Big Little Lies
Big Mouth
Catastrophe
Crashing
Dear White People
Detroiters
Feud
GLOW
Halt and Catch Fire
I Love Dick
Insecure
Lady Dynamite
Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
Man Seeking Woman
My Brother, My Brother and Me
Neo Yokio
Nirvanna the Band the Show
Patriot
Playing House
Queen Sugar
Red Oaks
Review
Santa Clarita Diet
SMILF
Sneaky Pete
The Get Down
The Tick
Tin Star
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

ok here's some. included ones i probably didn't need to just for coverage but ah well

code:
13 Reasons Why
Adventure Time
Alias Grace
American Gods
At Home With Amy Sedaris
Back
Baskets
Better Call Saul
Big Little Lies
Big Mouth
Catastrophe
Crashing
Dear White People
Detroiters
Feud
GLOW
Halt and Catch Fire
I Love Dick
Insecure
Lady Dynamite
Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
Man Seeking Woman
My Brother, My Brother and Me
Neo Yokio
Nirvanna the Band the Show
Patriot
Playing House
Queen Sugar
Red Oaks
Review
Santa Clarita Diet
SMILF
Sneaky Pete
The Get Down
The Tick
Tin Star
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later

You missed American Vandal, we're not friends any more. Also:

The Defenders
Iron Fist :lol:
The Deuce
gently caress Scientology
Legion
The Handmaid's Tale
Riverdale

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also Ozark.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

You missed American Vandal, we're not friends any more.

I figured it was well-known enough given how much attention it got, and it aired fairly recently. I still love it!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/931230643454799872

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP every man in Hollywood's career

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I can't say this one surprises me as much as Frankin.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

RIP every man in Hollywood's career

It's starting to look this way, yeah. I've been reading a couple blind gossip sites because I don't want to be blindsided again the way I was about Jesse Lacey and there's a couple things that have been posted about stars I like that I'm hoping are just made up bullshit... but I know better.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 16, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey it's end of the year 2017, meaning the annual tviv top ten thing is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840812&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post478454936

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TWIN PEAKS FOR 1 SHOW OF 2017

lelandjs posted:

I've been reading a couple blind gossip sites because I don't want to be blindsided again the way I was about Jesse Lacey

i feel like you can automatically assume any man from the punk etc scene is or was an absolute dickhead in their 20s

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
You can probably go a step past that and assume that anyone in a band has at best an even shot at having slept with a kid.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

i feel like you can automatically assume any man from the punk etc scene is or was an absolute dickhead in their 20s

I know, I should have known better, but while (almost) everyone else was being dragged through the mud Jesse's name never came up, so I thought he was different.

Nope, and surprise! He was worse than most of them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
god drat these last two mr robot episodes have been good as hell

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched the first episode of The Deuce and that show seems pretty great

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escobarbarian posted:

god drat these last two mr robot episodes have been good as hell

I still don't really like the plot or characters much anymore but the production of the faux one-take episode was breathtaking and made me glad I didn't bail after last season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Women in those scenes, too - I don't want to "come forward" about the woman indie rocker who forced herself on me, because I forgave it and she seems to be okay now. Being horny, often drunk, and in your 20s is a bad combo. I've often told my wife that I was "an rear end in a top hat" in my 20s, but compared to most people I've been in bands with... I mean hell, even just 10 years ago I was in a band with a guy who forcibly smooched me while drunk, and it was... pretty gross.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Mann posted:

The Man Show Boy segments with Andy Milonakis were hilariously cruel though, like him going up to young women while wearing a boy scout uniform and trying to help them cross the street while explaining that he had to "help old ladies" for a merit badge.

Ohhhh damnI forgot about Andy Milonakis. His short lived show was so god drat funny, the epitome of mean pranks.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Arist posted:

I watched the first episode of The Deuce and that show seems pretty great

it is

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

bring back old gbs posted:

Ohhhh damnI forgot about Andy Milonakis. His short lived show was so god drat funny, the epitome of mean pranks.

Man Show Boy wasn't Andy Milonakis.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

George Clooney is going to direct and star in a Catch-22 miniseries. There's no network attached yet but Clooney is going to play Col Cathcart, the commanding officer who creates the catch-22 situation that brings Yossarian so much misery.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

muscles like this! posted:

George Clooney is going to direct and star in a Catch-22 miniseries. There's no network attached yet but Clooney is going to play Col Cathcart, the commanding officer who creates the catch-22 situation that brings Yossarian so much misery.

On the one hand, I'm very excited for this, because it's an incredible text that depends upon build and repetition to really culminate its brilliance.
On the other hand, I'd have to be crazy to be excited for this, because it's an incredible text that depends upon build and repetition to really culminate its brilliance.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Finishing House of Cards Season 5 and holy poo poo, I can't wait to see what a garbage fire of a President Claire Underwood is going to be. She's always been superbly self-assured and utterly in love with herself and who she thinks she is, yet, doesn't deserve to be at all, but here she is.

She's Peggy Hill if Peggy Hill got to the White House.

And, as always, everything happens too conveniently for the Underwoods, right down to Doug falling on the sword like the dutiful right-hand man he always was. I''m also surprised Conway didn't kill himself because holy poo poo, did he look unstable.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 17, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

STAC Goat posted:

I want to say the original version was way more self parody where the latter was just kind of unironic embracing. But I have no idea and it's just as likely that the show started when I was young and dumb enough to enjoy that stuff and by the end I had grown up past it.

The original definitely felt way too over the top to not be parody, but after listening to carolla's podcast for a bit when it first started, I'm not sure he wasn't serious about it. When he doesn't have a Kimmel or a Dr Drew to keep him grounded, dude is just like a proto-MRA.

the Rogan / Stanhope Man Show was unmitigated poo poo though and I'm glad we can all agree on that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Was watching old bits from Conan's Clueless Gamer. Been loving them all, but this one's really icky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

The original definitely felt way too over the top to not be parody, but after listening to carolla's podcast for a bit when it first started, I'm not sure he wasn't serious about it. When he doesn't have a Kimmel or a Dr Drew to keep him grounded, dude is just like a proto-MRA.

the Rogan / Stanhope Man Show was unmitigated poo poo though and I'm glad we can all agree on that.

Oh Adam Carolla is most definitely a piece of poo poo, no doubt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sarah Silverman on Louis CK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WKFDqxiL80

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"I'm gonna address the elephant masturbating in the room"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Welp, Jeffrey Tambor's turn, so much for arrested development s5

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Calaveron posted:

Welp, Jeffrey Tambor's turn, so much for arrested development s5

Has something new come out? Or still the case from a few weeks ago? Really, it's getting hard to keep track...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

One of the actors on Transparent said he abused her as well

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mu Zeta posted:

One of the actors on Transparent said he abused her as well

I think I found it. Trace Lysette? Reading her account is pretty disgusting, I hoped better of him. Man, I always thought the stuff you read about celebrities on Crazy Days & Nights for 80 % exaggerations, but lately it looks more like 80 % truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Awful app put my post in the wrong place, nothin to see here

• Locked thread