Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012
In the end, the cosmicing was really just the friends we made along the way.

Hopefully, someone painted a bunch of stuff yellow for ICR so they don't have severe withdrawal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So after some Steam calculations and looking at my Marvel Heroes account, I found I spent 450 bucks on the game over time to get Advance Pack 1 & 2, Superior Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Loki, Limited Edition Star Lord, and about 50 some odd costumes minimum.

Worth every penny.

I am not normally a whale on any f2p, but you guys made me whale out hard on this because I enjoyed being a fashionista and discussing the sexual identities of various heroes.

I think I stopped running story mode and Midtown Madness around the time Rogue came out, I was super happy to find her coming out and then lost interest because I got what I wanted and lost the appeal of it I guess?

Also, what is this I am hearing about pedophilia killing this? Roy Moore became CEO or something? #topical

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
member when the Vibro-Shock Gauntlets used to proc Shocker's voice line "uh oh, that ain't good" and they took that away from us for no reason?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Maybe they'll let us drive the van now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh the moving van

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
So once this is gone, where will we go to get our authentic CLOBBERIN' TIME Thing experience? What does Walt Disney have against giant rock-men from Yancy street with - oh.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Stolen from the Star Citizen thread.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
FYI all items in the store are reduced to 50G and they're giving everyone 1,000G's per day until close. So if you just want to mess around in a costume you could never afford, go for it.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I hope someone gets an emulated server going for this, maybe with a Golden Age patch or a fanmade one, with Gs dropping instead of eternity splinters. It's sad to think I can never come back.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

VideoGames posted:

I am so, so sad to hear about this game going away.

:same:

This is like the one decent screenshot I ever grabbed with Groot Force peeps, but it was good times.

Swole Hulkbuster with Hulk for scale.

Finally getting this rad outfit made me start playing Spidey back when he was also at peak craziness.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

punchymcpunch posted:

i imagine the license had some sort of morality clause in it so if they bring the ip into disrepute by, for example, hiring a pedophile ceo, it can be revoked

lol if you dont think disney has other pedos on the payroll

the difference is that they bring in money

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Still my favorite gif.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Percelus posted:

there is no way a competently done marvel game like this wouldn't do gangbusters though i'm hoping they yanked the license with something in mind

what company could do it? EA would gently caress it up. Blizzard has diablo. GGG has path of exile. You can't give it to a tripple A publisher because they will just pay to win the gently caress out of it.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

big cummers ONLY posted:

I hope someone gets an emulated server going for this, maybe with a Golden Age patch or a fanmade one, with Gs dropping instead of eternity splinters. It's sad to think I can never come back.

This is never going to get emulated, at least in a way that makes it visible to the public. Disney will come down on any emulators like a fire axe. This is not a situation like vanilla wow or phantasy star emulators where the company turned a blind eye because it kept fanboys engaged and wasn't obviously hurting the bottom line in any meaningful sense.

Disney is evil and unrelenting when it comes to IP enforcement. Just Google if you have any doubts.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Erdricks posted:

This is never going to get emulated, at least in a way that makes it visible to the public. Disney will come down on any emulators like a fire axe. This is not a situation like vanilla wow or phantasy star emulators where the company turned a blind eye because it kept fanboys engaged and wasn't obviously hurting the bottom line in any meaningful sense.

Disney is evil and unrelenting when it comes to IP enforcement. Just Google if you have any doubts.

blizzard doesnt turn a blind eye. The problem is the ones still around are in countries they can't legally do poo poo about. So if the server is hosted in russia disney cant do poo poo.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oh hey, it's Rocket Racoon. Helloooo!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

20 hp per minute... Preeeettty good

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

what company could do it? EA would gently caress it up. Blizzard has diablo. GGG has path of exile. You can't give it to a tripple A publisher because they will just pay to win the gently caress out of it.

Aren't Squeenix currently knee deep in some sort of Avengers license? I'm sure that's what the Deus Ex team got moved to.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

drat I didn't think of that. I amend my hope to be for a single player client instead. Anything to deaden my already destroyed brain cells further.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

getting regal on ultron

ball man

orb

cowardly henchmen hiding outside geometry

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I think this was my favorite SG name

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

drat I didn't think of that. I amend my hope to be for a single player client instead. Anything to deaden my already destroyed brain cells further.

I thought maybe they'd only delete the server and leave it to be a free-to-play single player thing but I guess not. What a waste

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mumble Illuminati declares Final Victory over Gaz

even tho mumbles ded lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Does this mean we defeated britcrew too???

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

VideoGames posted:

I am so, so sad to hear about this game going away.

At least you have your Rorqual... right?

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
So is it likely that disney pulled the plug due to a pedophile CEO?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jujojoh posted:

It is likely amongst other things.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jujojoh posted:

On the list but probably way down the list. If game was good they could just hire a new ceo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

At least you have your Rorqual... right?

I sure do :D

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The gently caress are these claims coming from?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I liked this game.

Best times? ICR triple small wolferine obsession or the mass whining about x-def scorecards resulting in them getting removed. Or maybe at launch where story mode Magneto required a group to beat with some heroes. Launch was such a clusterfuck I'm surprised it made it to Christmas 2013. Or Fiskmas.

On the plus side, I'll free up 20.5gb on my SSD.

Also I must point out this the second game KelpPlankton has been associated with that's shut down prematurely. Can he start playing DCUO next?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I enjoyed writing a bot for that poll to make sure wasp never won and getting icr to buy me Angela for doing it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The gently caress are these claims coming from?

Gazillion's new CEO legally changed his name because if you look up his real name this is the first result

http://davedohrmann.blogspot.com

According to Doomsaw it's a known thing at Gaz and the board actively suppressed it from being mentioned during the contract re-negotiations with Disney earlier this year

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 16, 2017

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Also if they make everything in the shop free ICR do a December RIP tournament.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Really sad to see this one go. I hopped in and out of the game as interest waxed and waned but ended up racking up just short of 800 hours on this crazy game. "Never recovered from a bad launch" is a pretty common death-knell for MMOs, and hurts to see another one fall to the curse. Probably the most impressive thing to me was that a lot of games promise "it'll get better, honest" - but this was one of the maybe two games that the devs actually made me believe in, and consistently delivered on.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Time to let my 8 Youtube subscribers know I won't ever do another ttk video.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Personally I will never forget symbiote spiderman and his angry voice over. The best part of marvel heroes even to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This game was dead to me the moment they took away all my triple size visual mods.

:11tea: