Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cerekk posted:

Submarines aren't inherently a bad deal though they're certainly not for everyone.

Lots of people on subs like their jobs.

None of those people are nukes.

MT seemed like a good rating to me. Push button e4, trident submarine guaranteed, not nuclear power... best rating is trident cone ET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
radiomen did jack and poo poo on submarines

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Um excuse me haven't you ever seen Crimson Tide???

Although maybe that was an ET.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I always have this dream where I can be like the avionics tech rep on an aircraft carrier, make friends with the FCs and gain access to their sponsons and not have a chain of command outside of Corporate.

I think I know the exact dude you’re referring to and that’s basically the best way to be on an aircraft carrier

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
My worst day in engineering is still better than my best day in the Navy.

I ran into a Navy friend at a bar recently. He said I acted like a totally different person than when I was in... And not in the bad way.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Eh... probably but there are like 5 yachts I know there right now so who really cares.

Well I want to steal the "Crime" Yacht, not one of those "legitimate" ones

Yeah that only narrows it down to 4 out of 5 but still

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Our radiomen did jack poo poo in port but got pretty busy at sea. I heard the new room on the Virginia's is much nicer than the poo poo a 688 space was

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 11, 2017

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
CS on a carrier sounds pretty sweet to me...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I specifically asked for navy seal cook when I took my asvab.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I specifically asked for navy seal cook when I took my asvab.

If you didn't have a pony tail then its a non starter.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Thank you for service if your still out.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Isn't that a way for an enterprising internet detective to find out what superyacht you work on? :ohdear:

Yes. Slavic Crime Boat by name narrows him down to like 12 ships in the entire world's shipping index. Roman is the only super paranoid one, to the point he has anti-pap technology installed on the craft to prevent photo surveillance. Google meta-crawls SA.com. Carry on.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Well, I am saved, such as it were. My paperwork is not going to clear before I hit the point of too-drat-old-to-go-nuke. So instead my recruiter asked me how I feel about going secf. :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You're still a fucktard.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

You're still a fucktard.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ded posted:

You're still a fucktard.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LogicalFallacy posted:

Well, I am saved, such as it were. My paperwork is not going to clear before I hit the point of too-drat-old-to-go-nuke. So instead my recruiter asked me how I feel about going secf. :v:

gently caress you for being saved by the bell

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LogicalFallacy posted:

Why does this post make me angry? Ahhhhhh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SecF just a silly name for MA?

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

SecF just a silly name for MA?

Aecf, but for subs.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

LogicalFallacy posted:

After reading the last 300 posts and knowing quite a few nukes that were dropped for various reasons while still in school, you don't know how lucky you are.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Seqenenra posted:

After reading the last 300 posts and knowing quite a few nukes that were dropped for various reasons while still in school, you don't know how lucky you are.

No, you see it's fine because he doesn't plan on being a statistic.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

McNally posted:

No, you see it's fine because he doesn't plan on being a statistic.

No matter how you look at it, we won't have to see him in a couple of months saying how bad being a nuke student is and how he should have listened.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

LogicalFallacy posted:

Quit being a loving bitch and get a loving waiver for your age, don't let all that paperwork go to waste

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

maffew buildings posted:

Quit being a loving bitch and get a loving waiver for your age, don't let all that paperwork go to waste
You might be joking, but that is exactly the thing that will not make it on time. Once you're 27 the reply to anyone who wants to go nuke is "hahaha no."

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So even the loving Navy is telling you it's a dumb idea?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's because the job requires misery that can only come from squandered youth. It's not fission that makes the reactors achieve fission, it's your soul.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

LogicalFallacy posted:

You might be joking, but that is exactly the thing that will not make it on time. Once you're 27 the reply to anyone who wants to go nuke is "hahaha no."

Dude just don't join

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 16, 2017

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I believe one of the old thread titles was, ”Navy 20-something thread: I should have joined the Air Force” at one point? Might be some kind of advice there.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LF, have you ever considered Naval Special Warfare? You're still within the cutoff age for that and I think a determined, self-motivated fellow like yourself is just what they are looking for

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MrMojok posted:

LF, have you ever considered Naval Special Warfare? You're still within the cutoff age for that and I think a determined, self-motivated fellow like yourself is just what they are looking for

It comes with a free book deal nowadays!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It comes with a free book deal nowadays!

The BUDS Method: How to Apply the Lessons Learned from the Author's Failure in Training to Middle Management.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I thought you were supposed to start skimming from whatever op you're on and kill anyone that finds out?

Or just go O like a smart person and sell out the seamen in your command for cigars, booze and pussy?

DinosaurWarfare
Apr 27, 2010

lightpole posted:

Or just go O like a smart person and sell out the seamen in your command for cigars, booze and pussy?

Yes, I think he would make a fantastic SWO.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

DinosaurWarfare posted:

Yes, I think he would make a fantastic SWO.

He will have to do the blue to gold program. Perfect candidate imo.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
On a lighter note

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/news/graphic-navy-admits-to-being-involved-in-obscene-skydrawings-spotted-in-okanogan-co/67-492521457

https://twitter.com/anahi_torres_/status/931266469869977600/photo/1

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Looks like someone didn't know which type of entry they wanted to do for their holding pattern :downs:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Whidbey is already claiming responsibility and that the crew will suffer.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
https://www.change.org/p/donald-trump-stop-the-navy-from-punishing-pilots-for-creating-sky-written-dickart

Dingleberry fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 17, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It was fun to draw a penis on VMS during midwatch and see who would notice first, combat or the CO.

The answer is nobody. Also, looking back it was really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Boon posted:

It was fun to draw a penis on VMS during midwatch and see who would notice first, combat or the CO.

The answer is nobody. Also, looking back it was really stupid.

I always plotted The Kraken as a hostile undersea Target when crossing the Marianas trench.

Also when bored.