Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If I were to do any actual racing I would do it on HC-SSF because then you don't have to worry about ~streamers~ or just top tier people with a support or three. But that's if I actually cared enough to try for a demi in the first place, which I don't. But it's fine if other people do~

That guy is hella mad at people when there's an option that fixes all his complaints right in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Vasudus posted:

If I were to do any actual racing I would do it on HC-SSF because then you don't have to worry about ~streamers~ or just top tier people with a support or three. But that's if I actually cared enough to try for a demi in the first place, which I don't. But it's fine if other people do~

That guy is hella mad at people when there's an option that fixes all his complaints right in front of him.

Disagreed big time. Not everyone wants to play HC. I mean, that reddit poster is a total baby whiner, but HC and SSF are totally different challenges. I would've really liked to play SSF but I've lost too many characters in HC to go back to that poo poo show

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Yeah, I kinda wish there was a SC SSF option for the races :shrug:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah that's fair, SC SSF too if it existed for races. I mostly mean in general, rather than starting an HC/SC debate again (oh god no)

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I heard this from a couple people and didn't actually read it myself, but apparently GGG doesn't have the capabilities to run more than 3 events simultaneously; thus, no SC SSF. It's just crazy enough that I believe it too.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ah gently caress I didn't mean to start that debate again either. Let's not.

I'm pretty sure I saw Chris Wilson say that about the simultaneous events thing. It's really too bad

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well throw out HC SSF then and replace it with SC SSF. I mean is there any real point to that?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

10bux posted:

If anyone's like me and haven't played a cold damage build in quite a while, I highly recommend you give one a shot! The changes are pretty amazing and feel fantastic, completely different from the other forms of damage. I'm playing frost blades in turmoil, and was really surprised just how good the freezing is. Don't get me wrong, you can still freeze plenty with just Herald of ice or the tempest and any regular skill gen, but with pure cold, you can literally freeze everything! It's even more surprising because frost blades is many tiny hits in rapid succession so I definitely wasn't expecting this perma freezing I'm witnessing now. It makes invasion bosses sooooo much easier.

Also, thought I'd share a post on how to win a Demi in a big race like turmoil. None of this information should be surprising or new to anyone's who's been around a while or casually looked at the groups winning each time, but for some it might be interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7avvld/sc_unfair_upcoming_10_day_events/

Also, it's presented in classic Reddit style; bitch, cry, and whine.

A good summary of the winning strategy: "You can't hate on a pimp just because his ho's bring him money, he provides a valuable service in return. PoE at its core is a pimping simulator, the one who owns the most delectable bitchboys, and knows how to control and beat them down when they get out of line, is the pimp that deserves to win."

The best quote in that thread is "you've been complaining about this for years (link to post history). You're just mad that you have no friends, and people with friends are better than you at this multiplayer game"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

McFrugal posted:

Well throw out HC SSF then and replace it with SC SSF. I mean is there any real point to that?
SSF strips out guild support and trading, and I would argue that HC additionally strips out simply brute forcing progression through time played and at the top emphasises a higher risk/reward structure for getting ahead of other racers without dropping out of the race entirely.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I did an end-of-league vaal session last night. Highlights include a 95% mana 6L Belly and a +1 frenzy 88% Bisco's. My friend bricked a 6L Starforge, his Bisco's, and his Xoph's ammy haha

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yesterday I got to 75 I'm Turmoil and decided to blow currency on items since I'm done for the rest of the race (across the country until Wednesday).

I 6L'd armor in 20 fusings...

....my first ever manual 6L in over 2000 hours of gameplay :negative:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFrugal posted:

How about gently caress off?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I think if you can only have 3 rather than four race options, SC SSF is definitely the one to cut.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheRat posted:

How about gently caress off?

Wow, rude. How about you let me have my opinion, and I let you have yours?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

McFrugal posted:

No

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

McFrugal posted:

i mean, you can have your lovely opinion, and people can tell you to gently caress off. The two things aren't mutually exclusive

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Seems like a bit of an overreaction lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJWWZYlH29M

gently caress it looks great

https://www.pathofexile.com/war

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

well that's a whole lotta cool poo poo

e. There are a lot of more details and videos on https://www.pathofexile.com/war

e2. Looks like the map is pretty dynamic now, nice

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Looks sick, as usual, but man I don't know about those visual effects on the shaper/elder items

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

THIS LOOKS VERY GOOD I AM EXCITE

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
the hungry loop looks fuckin wild

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Really interested to see how the spell cascade support works exactly.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Getting the perfect rare is gonna be loving impossible now unless you have mirror levels of currency lol

Not even like perfect rolls, just the 6 stats you want in decently high tiers

New atlas mechanics look awesome

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Yeah the extra rare mods with gem supports and stuff is a strange choice, honestly. Many uniques are going to become pretty much pointless if those things are attainable with traditional methods of crafting

e:also holy poo poo the size of this update

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

people with mirrored items BTFO

bizarre how 1/2 the skill gems are "detonate corpse, do x"

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
So is Abyss League just Breach but with undead instead of demons?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I'm still wondering which expansion will finally have us invading the beyond demon and harbinger realms instead of them always invading us.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Attorney at Funk posted:

So is Abyss League just Breach but with undead instead of demons?

Hell I hope so

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would imagine that the elder/shaper items drop under specific enough circumstances to make easily farming them impossible. I don't expect to be able to get those mods otherwise, kinda like the Warbands affixes. So the best you can hope for is annulment and prayer if you're trying to make something stupid good.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUlf5aaPLI

atlas mechanics explanation

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://web.poecdn.com/image/war/Panel1/Screenshot1.jpg here's the atlas in high res too

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My thought: builds are going to get wacky with the new rare items and build-guides less useful. Rares as build-defining items seems likely now, and they probably can't be chased like, well, chase-uniques. I just hope the new mods won't be so prohibitively valuable on their own that average players will never be able to afford any of them.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Lightning tendrils/storm burst cwc lightning warp plus Ralakesh's Impatience to get all the charges because technically you're never moving

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
holy gently caress this looks cool

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Color me hyped.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

the hungry loop looks fuckin wild

Reminds me of the crazy support gem items we fantasized in this thread.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I just hope they aren't way too goddamn conservative with the new fancy rares to the point where they don't exist, like warbands items were.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
The War for the Atlas is really fantastic, it fundamentally fixes min-maxing the atlas by making it always dynamic and always changing. If they just moved density or layouts or whatever around we'd always eventually figure out the most efficient path, but since the map's going to be changing depending on what we run, that's simply no longer an option. Really an A+ lesson learned from the shifting zones during Mayhem and Turmoil events.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Spell Cascade turns things like Flamestrike and Dark Pact into a linear spell?? Am I understanding this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Can I fight for old grandpa insanity instead please? Shaper has been asking for it with those teleport slams.