Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Straight White Shark posted:

he's a nerd though so his melee should only do half damage

He's got ape steroids though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Ashcans posted:

I was just thinking that I had never actually tried hitting melee on Reinhardt and wondering what happened. They should give him a melee attack where he clocks people with a beer stein.

He doesn't have a quick melee lol

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

I was just thinking that I had never actually tried hitting melee on Reinhardt and wondering what happened. They should give him a melee attack where he clocks people with a beer stein.

I thought about this and figured it might be a bit busted going hammer->melee->hammer->melee. Assuming you could combo them together for faster hammer swings.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Random question for the free weekend... I play on Xbone right now, but I finally got a decent computer, so I was going to give it a try this weekend. I installed the client with the installer and have the Battle-net app already. I should be good to go when it starts, right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bumper Stickup posted:

I thought about this and figured it might be a bit busted going hammer->melee->hammer->melee. Assuming you could combo them together for faster hammer swings.

Firestrike as you engage->hammer->melee would shave off a lot of time on killing 200HP squishies.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Network42 posted:

I mean, doomfist doesn't melee with his loving doomfist, so I'm not sure that argument works.

This is a tremendous design oversight imo

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ignite Memories posted:

This is a tremendous design oversight imo

I actually like that he punches with his off-hand because it's like the ultimate sign of disrespect for the man with the golden glove to say that he can kill you with his regular hand.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also PATCH IS LIVE so hold onto your butts.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Didn't hear about this patch note before:

quote:

Arcade
One of the arcade slots will now change on a daily basis to include a variety of game modes such as Limited Duel, Low Gravity, and Capture the Flag
This is nice - there's been a few weeks where I just skip arcade because I didn't want to play any of the game modes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Heck yeah. Two weeks of me not having to play healer every game. Now to figure out who counters Moira and have a good time.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Also PATCH IS LIVE so hold onto your butts.
YES.

I thought this was likely so I gave crazy-OP Mercy one last spin last night, for a 120 SR gain. Despite that, I won't miss her.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
6v6 no limits is a little silly right now.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Liar Lyre posted:

Heck yeah. Two weeks of me not having to play healer every game. Now to figure out who counters Moira and have a good time.

Ana’s grenade, Sombra’s hack.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Doomfist's light melee attack should be a small flick with the Doomfist hand.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Liar Lyre posted:

hint: its not winston

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Since Moira does super loads of healing zarya seems like she would be pretty good. Fights will go on forever so there will be loads of opportunities to get charged.

Rein also pretty effective if only because the shield blocks her right click so you can starve her heal ray meter and she can't ignore a hammer like she can a tesla cannon.

Punish her aggression with roadhog.

Don't use Winston. Orisa maybe also not the best choice but a gun's better. Dragging separated enemies together just makes it easier for her to spray them all.

Side question: if Lucio doots a mercy using rez on somebody will it interrupt it since she moves too far away to reach? And this means she loses the cd for 30s? If this is right, I'm slamming Lucio super hard anytime I'm up against mercy.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 16, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
should work that way, yes. casting interrupts if mercy moves herself out of range so i would imagine a good doot would do it

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
How would Winston not counter Moira? She seems like exactly the kind of character he eats for breakfast.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Didn't hear about this patch note before:

This is nice - there's been a few weeks where I just skip arcade because I didn't want to play any of the game modes.

Yeah, I'm really happy about this. I had been wondering whether there's a technical reason for the 5 option limit in arcade, since it's been ages since we've had Capture the Flag available... so that should fix that problem well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thoughtless posted:

How would Winston not counter Moira? She seems like exactly the kind of character he eats for breakfast.

She self-heals with her succ. You'd take forever to kill her and be a sitting duck for other players.

Her M1 healing also cleaves, so Winston can't even get ahead on being able to hit multiple targets at once.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Straight White Shark posted:

he's a nerd though so his melee should only do half damage

well... technically they do deal half (of his ult's) damage :v:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Forgot dva, dva's maybe the best tank against Moira comps solely because you can eat her orbs like Pac-Man.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Yeah, I'm really happy about this. I had been wondering whether there's a technical reason for the 5 option limit in arcade, since it's been ages since we've had Capture the Flag available... so that should fix that problem well.

I think there's no technical reason for only having 5 - they just don't want to split queues too much.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Thoughtless posted:

moira's fade is a really, really good escape tool and will make her very hard to dive

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

phthalocyanine posted:

moira's fade is a really, really good escape tool and will make her very hard to dive

The more relevant bit is her self-healing. She might not really be able to kill Winston herself, but all she has to do is not die and Winston can't stay on her forever.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

The more relevant bit is her self-healing. She might not really be able to kill Winston herself, but all she has to do is not die and Winston can't stay on her forever.

ana has very good burst self healing and still gets dumpstered by winston if her team isn't there to peel for her. moira's fade is the much bigger deal for her being hard to jump

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ana only gets 100hp and only if its off cooldown. moira just succs and succs as long as theres no bubble in-between

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

oh when i was testing her on ptr i didnt realize that the lifesteal she got off her right click was like identical to the damage it does lmao yeah nevermind winston isn't going to do poo poo to her, at least not alone

fade is still extremely good though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fyi if you're in no limits to mess with moira, bastion shits on her like nothing else

6 shooting you at once can't out damage like 1 healer

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

phthalocyanine posted:

oh when i was testing her on ptr i didnt realize that the lifesteal she got off her right click was like identical to the damage it does lmao yeah nevermind winston isn't going to do poo poo to her, at least not alone

fade is still extremely good though

Her self heal is 33% lower than her damage, but that still means she's undoing more than half of Winston's damage.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

fyi if you're in no limits to mess with moira, bastion shits on her like nothing else

6 shooting you at once can't out damage like 1 healer

I didn't have any trouble taking care of the Moiras in No Limits with Junkrat.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
So if Moira good, Winston is basically a bad pick? So we are back to Roadhog=Zarya/Dva/Rein/Ana/Soldier and now Moira?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FaustianQ posted:

So if Moira good, Winston is basically a bad pick? So we are back to Roadhog=Zarya/Dva/Rein/Ana/Soldier and now Moira?

In pick up games probably. In games where you have a cooperative Zen or a Dive partner? He'll probably still be strong.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am the best at being an ult battery.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i've been getting annihilated in deathmatches by moira since the patch dropped. i usually jump in as tracer.

but the last 5 games i've picked Torb and got #1 finish in every one so...I think that's a good strat if you want your loot boxes.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Moira's damage ball is really good at stymieing a tightly packed rein-ball pushing through a choke... unless the other team has a DVA or lucio, where it becomes basically useless.

If they are just running ana/zen, though, you make the other team's supports job really hard as they try to put one bit of heal on each person with a bunch of their own team's tank's asses in the way.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
mccree will be good against moira as long as you catch her with fade on cooldown, otherwise she'll just dodge it and keep suckin

that said, is fade just an invisibility or is it also an invulnerability

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

mccree will be good against moira as long as you catch her with fade on cooldown, otherwise she'll just dodge it and keep suckin

that said, is fade just an invisibility or is it also an invulnerability

I swear I hooked someone that was using it but it's hard to say

e:

might have just been insane timing but idk

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 16, 2017

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Manatee Cannon posted:

I swear I hooked someone that was using it but it's hard to say

e:

might have just been insane timing but idk

I believe she is invuln during fade. Don't know if it renders her invulnerable to cc-- does she get trapped by Junk if she fades through his trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
also can she fade while in/away from junk trap/zarya ult?