Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Nov 16, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Karnov's Revenge - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"KARNOV'S REVENGE" is a fighting game released by Data East in 1994. Thirteen combatants have once again gathered to compete in the Great Grapple. The Weak Point system allows for enjoyable and deep combat.

Antiquia Lost - $12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Antiquia Lost is a fantasy RPG featuring beautiful 2D turn-based battles. Become the master of the battlefield by using the characteristics of the three tribes: Fai, Ruta and Eeth. The half-slime heroine, Lunaria, eats gems to grow and even mimic monsters' powerful attacks. Customise the heroine as you wish to deal with strong enemies! The game offers a variety of achievements and elements, from weapon refining to harvesting items! Don't miss out on the challenges that await during the quest and in the arenas!

Batman - The Telltale Series - $39.99 / £39.99 / €44.99 (Nov 14 NA / Nov 17 EU)
Retail / Digital - [NA] [EU]
The billionaire and the bat: enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight. In this gritty and violent new story, you'll make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne's world, and shake the stability of a corrupt Gotham City to its very foundations. At your disposal is the sophisticated genius of Wayne and the fearsome skills of the Batman. What happens next is entirely up to you. (Includes all five episodes of the first season.)

Ben 10 - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 14 NA / Nov 10 EU)
Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max once again have their cross-country road trip in the Rust Bucket cut short by super villains and their evil, world-threatening plans.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Nov 17)
The open-world adventure from Bethesda Game Studios® where you can be anyone and do anything, now allows you to go anywhere – at home or on the go. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® for Nintendo Switch includes all-new exclusive features like motion control for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda franchise, and amiibo (sold separately) compatibility.

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Nov 17)
This is Ginger: Beyond The Crystal. The towns are devastated and their inhabitants disappeared, but there is still hope. Ginger must reestablish the connection with the goddess by purifying corrupted crystals that have spread throughout the worlds. It won’t be easy; the worlds are full of enemies and traps across 15 different levels. Luckily, you will not be alone. Some characters will give you special abilities that will help you solve puzzles and defeat your enemies. There are three different worlds to discover, each one with its own enemies and incredibly fun bonus levels to test your skills.

Green Game: TimeSwapper - $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99 (Nov 17)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You are a master of time. You can set it to past, present and future. Use this power to help a mechanical bird complete its extremely important mission of collecting the knowledge about a mysterious green world. This is not an easy task, as the bird moves on its own, and you cannot stop it. Control time to activate and deactivate various mechanisms, to make sure the bird reaches the cage without dying.

Ittle Dew 2+ - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (Nov 14)
Sassy adventurer Ittle and her reluctant flying fox friend Tippsie are back for their greatest adventure ever! Stranded on yet another island and armed with a magical map, our heroes explore the three-dimensional landscape in search of valuable loot. Can they find the eight scattered pieces of the raft that could be their ticket home?

L.A. Noire - $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99 (Nov 14)
Amid the post-war boom of Hollywood's Golden Age, Cole Phelps, an LAPD detective is thrown headfirst into a city drowning in its own success. Corruption is rampant, the drug trade is exploding, and murder rates are at an all-time high. In his fight to climb the ranks and do what's right, Phelps must unravel the truth behind a string of arson attacks, racketeering conspiracies and brutal murders, battling the L.A. underworld and even members of his own department to uncover a secret that could shake the city to its rotten core.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - $59.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 14 NA / Dec 1 EU)
Join your favorite Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities as they go head-to-head with the time-traveling Kang the Conqueror in the all-new, original adventure, LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2! Play as the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Green Goblin and dozens of other Marvel Super Heroes and Villains in this cosmic battle across the time-tossed city of Chronopolis! Travel across lands -- from Ancient Egypt to The Old West, Sakaar and New York City in 2099 -- and transport objects or characters through the centuries! And, with new battle modes, friends and family can play against each other in a series of themed challenges and battle arenas!

RiME - $29.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 (Nov 14 NA / Nov 17 EU)
In RiME, you play as a young boy who has awakened on a mysterious island after a torrential storm. You see wild animals, long-forgotten ruins and a massive tower that beckons you to come closer. Armed with your wits and a will to overcome—and the guidance of a helpful fox—you must explore the enigmatic island, reach the tower's peak, and unlock its closely guarded secrets.

Rive: Ultimate Edition - $12.75 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Nov 17)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Infiltrate a ruined starship and start causing chaos in RIVE: Ultimate Edition, a sci-fi twin-stick shooter for Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch that combines exploration, platforming and intense fast-paced action at a deliciously smooth 60 frames per second! Pilot your spacecraft through the depths of a derelict vessel that’s home to underwater labyrinths, functioning train lines and hundreds of robotic enemies, all ready to blow your craft to pieces over and over from every angle!

Rocket League - $19.99 / £15.04 / €19.99 (Nov 14 Digital / ? Physical)
Winner or nominee of more than 150 ‘Game of the Year’ awards, Rocket League® is a high-powered hybrid of arcade soccer and driving with rewarding physics-based gameplay. Take to the pitch for a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely. Express yourself with one of the deepest customization systems around and battle opponents on other platforms with groundbreaking cross-platform play! DLC sold separately.

VVVVV - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 17)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
It’s the game that'll have you walking on the ceiling and looking up at the floor! VVVVVV is a challenging 2D action/platformer with one deceptively simple gameplay mechanic: Without the ability to jump, Captain Viridian must rely on inverting gravity to advance through hundreds of rooms and solve the puzzles he encounters therein.

Xenoraid - $8.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 17)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Xenoraid is an exciting shooter game with classic action and modern features. Intercept the alien threat in missions that play out differently every time. Pilot skilfully to line up devastating bursts of fire. Switch between four fighters during combat to bring in the best weapons for each situation. Upgrade, repair and enhance your squadron between missions. Bring down huge alien capital ships in hectic boss fights. Put your skills to the ultimate test in three endless survival missions with online leaderboards*!

WiiU
Break In (TG16) - $5.99
Digital - [NA]
Gather up to four players for an authentic game of pool right in your own home! Choose from six billiards games, such as 9 Ball, Rotation, and Carom (a game played without pockets). Use Simulation mode to calculate the perfect shot, or select Action mode and check out what went wrong with your missed shots. With all that to choose from, Break In gives players--from beginners to experts--all the elements necessary to enjoy a great game of pool!

Salamander (TG16) - $5.99
Digital - [NA]
Pilot the Vic Viper through six stages of intense action, alternating between horizontally and vertically scrolling environments, and take on wave after wave of enemies. Destroy particular enemies throughout the game to release power-up capsules and equip your ship with your choice of more powerful weapons, extra speed, and shields.

RTO - £7.99 / €8.99
Digital - [EU]
The enemy has struck. They approach rapidly. Your team is outnumbered and low on ammo. It’s only a matter of time until it’s all over. Take control of a six-man team and fight your way through multiple levels with the odds against you. RTO is a side-scrolling FPS survival horror game with permadeath.

3DS
Pokemon Ultra Moon - $39.99 / £39.99 / €44.99 (Nov 17)
Take on the role of a Pokémon™ Trainer and unravel the mystery of the Legendary Pokémon Necrozma's new forms: Dusk Mane Necrozma in the Pokémon Ultra Sun game and Dawn Wings Necrozma in the Pokémon Ultra Moon game. You can encounter and battle 400+ Pokémon, including new forms. A brand-new showdown awaits!

Pokemon Ultra Sun - $39.99 / £39.99 / €44.99 (Nov 17)
Take on the role of a Pokémon™ Trainer and unravel the mystery of the Legendary Pokémon Necrozma's new forms: Dusk Mane Necrozma in the Pokémon Ultra Sun game and Dawn Wings Necrozma in the Pokémon Ultra Moon game. You can encounter and battle 400+ Pokémon, including new forms. A brand-new showdown awaits!

Rocket League is getting a Retail release at some point, if that's something you care about, but right now it's TBD. Also Ben 10 is apparently retail-only in EU? It's not on the eShop at least, and it apparently released last week. Also, please try not to post about how VVVVVV is -50c in Steam sales or was free for PSN subscribers or whatever. You can do it! I believe in you!

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

When I get a Switch I am definitely going to buy VVVVVV for the fourth or fifth time

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is some crazy pricing on Telltale Batman. It launched at £25 like a year and a half ago (on PS4, probably cheaper on PC idk)

I got it on sale for £12 and the first couple of episodes are ok but it goes downhill pretty fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skyrim, LA Noire, Telltale Batman. Finally the switch has some drat games!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Skyrim, LA Noire, Telltale Batman. Finally the switch has some drat games!

Don't forget LEGO MAHVEL BABY :homebrew:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

That is some crazy pricing on Telltale Batman. It launched at £25 like a year and a half ago (on PS4, probably cheaper on PC idk)

I got it on sale for £12 and the first couple of episodes are ok but it goes downhill pretty fast

Yeah, that's way too much for a Telltale season. Meanwhile, Rocket League for $20 is very fair and on par with other platforms.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/931179723664908288

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

What's the spoiler-free take on RiME? I kept seeing adverts for it and liked the art style, but I know nothing about the gameplay (and was waiting for it on Switch if anywhere, because all other platforms are dead to me).

Is it worth picking up? Waiting for a sale? At the moment I've got Odyssey to finish off ("completed" it last night), Stardew and Golf Story, and I already picked up Rocket League this week (though that's more of a social game) so I'm not exactly short of Switch games right now.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

good deal for a pretty dang good game. i had never played the original, and this one still has a lot of the devious sort of "game from the 90s" bullshit going on, but it looks lovely and is pretty fun.

Froist posted:

What's the spoiler-free take on RiME? I kept seeing adverts for it and liked the art style, but I know nothing about the gameplay (and was waiting for it on Switch if anywhere, because all other platforms are dead to me).

Is it worth picking up? Waiting for a sale? At the moment I've got Odyssey to finish off ("completed" it last night), Stardew and Golf Story, and I already picked up Rocket League this week (though that's more of a social game) so I'm not exactly short of Switch games right now.

it stylistically looks super up my alley, but apparently the Switch port is particularly badly-optimised; all the reviews seem to agree that it runs like trash. i think i'll maybe wait to see if it gets a decent patch anytime soon.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Froist posted:

The port quality has been referenced, but the gameplay itself is an exploration/puzzle game with some mild platforming. You're able to interact with things by yelling at them, so most of the puzzles involve a kind of Myst-style "here's a mechanism, figure out how to interact with it properly" kind of deal but (again, so far) the puzzles have been self-contained and not a "write down this sequence from the beginning of the game and use it at the end of the game" deal.

A big chunk of the game is the atmosphere/immersion and the random jank really fucks with that (at least for me), so I'm not sure if I'll actually play it much further than I have or give it a week to see if they at least announce that they're working on some fixes for it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

New gold point items in Euro MyNintendo.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

New gold point items in Euro MyNintendo.

Gunman Clive and Year Walk would be cool things to get if I gave a gently caress about starting up my Wii U again. Switch rewards still not being a thing really sucks now I'm sitting on a coin pile that comes ever closer to expiring.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played the Wii U version but Mighty Switch Force is pretty good

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I really don't understand why there aren't really many/any Switch rewards. It seemed like My Nintendo was being geared towards future platforms.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Why give stuff away when it'll sell like hotcakes anyway, I guess?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just noticed that I now have zero silver points on MyNintendo, I've never spent any of them so they all expired.
lol

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is on the iOS store. But in the app, I'm getting communication errors.

Edit: looks like it's working now

Edit: or maybe not

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 21, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think it was supposed to come out til tomorrow, so there servers for this region may not be responding yet.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
It’s working. But you’ll get connection errors from time to time. I ca do everything except go to the quarry.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I have gold points expiring at the end of November so I should pick up something. I'm 10 points short for Year Walk, which seems cool otherwise, already have Mighty Switch Force and both Gunman Clives on 3DS. Maybe I should buy something to get the 10 points so I can get Year Walk. The other things I would be looking at, which I can get without buying anything more, that isn't just themes, would be Toki Tori (actually that's just 20 points and I have 30 expiring) and Siesta Fiesta. Any opinions on those?

Edit: Realizing I was planning on getting SmileBASIC anyway, which would get me an additional 10 gold points so I could grab Year Walk, so I'm probably just going to do that, but waiting to see if anything else fun'll go on sale before the end of the month.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 22, 2017

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Couple of new titles this week. I don't really do the update here, because others are better than me at it, but I did notice that Bomberman Panic Bomber for the Turbografx 16 (almost, but not quite, a Tetris clone), is coming to the Wii U VC, bringing the total of TG-16 titles on that platform up to 34.

29 of which were released AFTER the Switch was and so no one would see them.

After all the complaining that the Wii U's VC didn't have robust TG-16 support like the Wii's did, it's finally getting it. A year too late.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's all laying the groundwork for Nintendo announcing all the purchases are coming over 1:1 for free. I believe.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

It's all laying the groundwork for Nintendo announcing all the purchases are coming over 1:1 for free. I believe.

I could 100% see that...for NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/N64/TG16 titles. If you owned it on the WiiU/3DS, you can download it on the Switch. I'm not sure the Switch will ever have Wii or DS emulation, so those systems might be left behind.

DS because those titles will have to be handheld-only on Switch, and I'm unsure the Switch can emulate the Wii (Wii U basically had a Wii inside it, so it ran those games natively)

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 24, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Got my Miiverse history emailed to me...and I think this just sums everything up about me.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I just assumed your real name was jivjov

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tatsuta Age posted:

I just assumed your real name was jivjov

Fun story about my username...when I was like 6 or 7 years old, I wanted to sign up for the LEGO.com newsletter fan page thing, and "Jason" was obviously already taken as a username...so I made something up that started with J...and I've been jivjov ever since.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s pretty rad that Wii U is getting TGCD games as well. I really hope we can get the TGCD version of Dracula X, which is massively superior to the SNES version.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

Fun story about my username...when I was like 6 or 7 years old, I wanted to sign up for the LEGO.com newsletter fan page thing, and "Jason" was obviously already taken as a username...so I made something up that started with J...and I've been jivjov ever since.

Wow, you just triggered that same lego.com memory for me... can't remember what I ended up with as my username though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Breadallelogram posted:

Wow, you just triggered that same lego.com memory for me... can't remember what I ended up with as my username though.

Do you remember the old Bionicle point and click game? That poo poo was legit.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not sure who does the weekly releases, but worth pointing out that both Resident Evil Revelations titles come out in a few days at 20 dollars apiece.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s pretty rad that Wii U is getting TGCD games as well. I really hope we can get the TGCD version of Dracula X, which is massively superior to the SNES version.

The Wii has it, which you can play on a Wii U. That's how I played it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

Do you remember the old Bionicle point and click game? That poo poo was legit.

I don't think I ever played that. I was mostly into rock raiders and their knockoff Indiana Jones with my time on that website.

However: http://www.templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breadallelogram posted:

I don't think I ever played that. I was mostly into rock raiders and their knockoff Indiana Jones with my time on that website.

However: http://www.templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

Such a shame that Rock Raiders just will not run on modern PC's, because I remember it being pretty decent :sigh:.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

The Wii has it, which you can play on a Wii U. That's how I played it.

I know, I have it that way. I wanna be able to play it on just the gamepad.:3:

I love my Switch but the gamepad is still great for retro games due to its awesome dpad.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases Nov 23, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Soccer Brawl - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SOCCER BRAWL is a soccer game released by SNK in 1992. Sparks fly as teams representing eight different countries battle for the championship. Staged in the near future, teams feature seven robot players instead of the normal 11 players, allowing the defense to go on the attack, and for a variety of arrangements.

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia - $ ? / £31.49 / €34.99 ( ? NA / Nov 24 EU)
Exotic courses, spectacular stunts, split-screen multiplayer: experience all the intensity of jet skiing on your own or with friends. Have a blast in dozens of races, performing stunts in gorgeous environments and playing against up to seven opponents.

Battle Chef Brigade - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Nov 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the fantasy realm of Victusia, the members of the elite Battle Chef Brigade are revered for their ability to skillfully take down monsters and transform their kills into delicious cuisine! But getting in isn’t easy; chefs from across Victusia must vie for their spot in a high stakes competition.

Follow two contestants, Mina and Thrash, as their journeys through the tournament unfold. In order to become a Brigadier you’ll need to hunt monsters with combo-based attacks and prepare your freshly caught ingredients in puzzle-based cooking challenges to serve up winning dishes to the judges – all while the round clock ticks down.

Crimsonland - $12.59 / £11.99 / €13.99 (Nov 24)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Thousands of aliens, mutant lizards, and more are on the attack – can you survive the onslaught? Unlock dozens of weapons and perks in 60 missions, then show your skill in five survival modes in this intense dual-stick shooter. Complete 60 quests to unlock an array of weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in five survival modes with leaderboards.

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $19.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Nov 21)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today" tells the story of Michael, a man with no past, who must recover his identity and decode the two events that brought the world to the edge of collapse. The first one is the so-called "Great Wave," an inexplicable chain of natural disasters. The second is a pandemic that has turned humans into "the Dissolved," infected beings with special cognitive powers whose sick bodies will eventually dissolve into blood. If Michael doesn't hurry, he won't be able to avoid the impending moment of "dead synchronicity" when Time itself starts to dissolve.

Gear.Club Unlimited - $44.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 21 NA / Dec 1 EU)
For the first time on Nintendo Switch, drive through an authentic world of cars with Gear.Club Unlimited. Get behind the wheel of the most incredible cars from the most prestigious manufacturers. Race through over 400 challenging races. Learn to master the controls of the world's fastest supercars and collect them in your garage: you can customize and tune them across the numerous workshops, then take them to the race track for the win! Challenge your friends, competing among up to 4 players on the same screen, or beat their times online.

Kid Tripp - $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Kid Tripp has crashed on a mysterious island and now the local wildlife is out to ruin his day. Run and jump your way through 20 levels of intense platforming madness in this tough-as-nails platformer! Have you got what it takes to help Kid Tripp escape?

Let's Sing 2018 - $ ? / £29.99 / €39.99 (? NA / Nov 24 EU)
Warm up those vocal chords, enter the virtual stage and experience the best Let’s Sing ever made! (USB Microphone required)

Letter Quest Remastered - $14.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The grim reapers, Grimm and Rose, need your help to defeat a legion of monsters, ghosts, and evil bunnies using the power of words! Spell words to battle monsters and earn gems that can be used to purchase upgrades, books, special items, potions, and much more! Letter Quest is a turn-based RPG featuring high-res artwork, clever wordplay, and two great soundtracks. Use your linguistic skills to survive!

Lumo - $19.95 / £19.99 / €19.99 (Nov 20 NA / Nov 24 (Retail), Nov 16 (Digital) EU)
Witness the rebirth of a genre in Lumo – a classic isometric adventure with a modern twist for gamers young and old alike! A modern take on the long-lost isometric platform genre, Lumo can be enjoyed by anyone looking for an absorbing, challenging and rewarding adventure. But for those who lived through the golden age of videogames – the 80s and early 90s – or know about the games and culture from that time, layer upon layer of nods, winks and touches to those times help build upon an experience that’s as heart-warming as it is exciting!

Mantis Burn Racing - $19.99 / £14.99 / €15.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mantis Burn Racing is a modern top-down style racing game that combines physics-based gameplay with intuitive arcade racing in highly competitive, fast and addictive races. Prove your skills in five unique classes of vehicles over an epic 11 season single-player career with more than 150 events and 13 event types in frenetic, bumper-to-bumper races where winning is everything! Fine tune your vehicles with a RPG-style upgrade system and compete in split-screen races for up to four players or play online against opponents on other platforms.

MXGP3 - The Official Motocross Videogame - $39.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 (Nov 21)
Experience all the adrenaline of Motocross with the official Championship’s only video game! MXGP3 - The Official Motocross Videogame offers the most involving game experience ever, with completely new gameplay. Race on 18 official tracks in the MXoN with all riders and bikes from the 2016 MXGP and MX2 seasons, and be the first to experience the thrill of riding one of the 10 two-strokes available! Render your rider and your bike unique, with more than 300 official components for a complete customisation!

Poi: Explorer Edition - $29.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 (Oct 24 NA / Nov 24 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Embark on a classic 3D platforming adventure as you set sail on an airship to collect Explorer Medallions and unravel the mysteries of the Milky Way Globe. Explore uncharted lands, and meet wild new characters, while on a journey to collect all the medallions and become a true Master Explorer!

Portal Knights - $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 ("November 2017" NA / Feb 9 2018 (Retail), Nov 24 (Digital) EU)
Leave the familiar world behind and step into the fantastic unknown with Portal Knights, a co-operative 3D sandbox action RPG! Level up your character and craft powerful gear to defeat your enemies in real-time tactical combat. Explore dozens of randomly-generated islands and restore peace to a world torn apart by The Fracture.

Snow Moto Racing Freedom - $ ? / £31.49 / €34.99 (? NA / Nov 24 EU)
Snowy courses, spectacular stunts, split-screen multiplayer: experience all the intensity of this extreme sport on your own or with friends. Have a blast in 40 races, performing awesome stunts and playing against up to seven opponents.

Stick It To The Man - $11.99 / £10.99 / €11.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain! With his awesome new powers he can read minds and change the world with stickers but he’s on the run for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation?

Superbeat: Xonic - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 21 NA / Dec 8 EU)
Experience SUPERBEAT: XONiC, the new music game sensation! Play your way through 68 unique songs and unlocks tons of hidden rewards and items!

Transcripted - $7.99 / £6.99 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Transcripted is a mixture of two incredibly addictive and vastly popular casual gaming styles: the dual-stick shooter and the match-three puzzle game. In Transcripted, players take control of the Nano Probe, a microscopic apparatus used to combat disease. Many weapon and ship upgrades allow players almost limitless customisation options for their Nano Probe. Successfully navigate through hordes of deadly pathogens to destroy the disease’s pseudo-DNA and defeat gigantic bosses.

Uurnog Uurnlimited - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Nov 21)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Enter the wacky & whimsical world of Uurnog Uurnlimited, where you have only one goal: find your way around the world, and steal all the animals! Why? Because they’re adorable, and because video games. Uurnog Uurnlimited is a delightfully silly 2D platformer inspired by games like Super Mario Bros. 2, Lyle in Cube Sector, and Dyad. Play single-player or co-op, explore the world through its many mysterious doors, solve puzzles and gather the items and animals needed in your Save Room. Careful though — the Save Room also saves your mistakes (urr nurr!)

Worms W.M.D. - $29.99 / £19.99 / €29.99
The Worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, a full arsenal of weapons, crafting, vehicles and buildings, Worms W.M.D is the best Worms experience ever! In Worms W.M.D for Nintendo Switch™, players will be able to feel the full power of all the game’s campaign missions, levels, customisations and updates, including Liberation and the fan favourite Forts Mode whether at home or on the go. And coming first to Nintendo Switch, a whole megaton more!

WiiU
Bomberman Panic Bomber (TG16) - $5.99
Digital - [NA]
Rotate Bomberman as they fall. Line-up alike colors to clear your side, and send rubble over to your opponent. When a giant red bomb appears, use it clear a large area on you side and send a huge amount of rubble your opponents way. Watch out though, if your Bomberman reach the top, it's game over!

Breakout Defense 2 - $7.00
Digital - [NA]
Breakout Defense is a breakout game where you will face off against the computer opponent through 20 exciting levels. Do your best to defend your own blocks while at the same time aiming to destroy the blocks of the computer opponent.

3DS
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $19.99 / £19.99 / €24.99 (Nov 21 NA / Nov 23 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Experience the popular Ace Attorney series as a rookie lawyer in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney now on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™! Step into the shoes of a young and passionate Apollo Justice in his early law career as he takes on his first case. With the help of Trucy Wright, a talented magician who is also his assistant, and his level-headed mentor, Kristoph Gavin, the team will seek to reveal the truth in criminal trials.

New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star - $ ? / £34.99 / €39.99 (Dec 25 NA / Nov 24 EU)
As a boutique manager, you'll style customers' clothes, make-up, nails, and hair in this fully outfitted game with 20,000+ fashion items to earn. Share your ideas online with other players and take the fashion world by storm!

River City: Rival Showdown - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (Nov 21)
Retail (NA Only) / Digital - [NA] [EU]
Mystery is afoot once again for Kunio and his River City pals! One night, Kunio is attacked by two mysterious individuals. On top of that, Riki's girlfriend has disappeared and it's up to Kunio to find out the truth! Kunio has just three days to unravel the mystery, and he'll need your help to take down all who stand in his way!

New 3DS
Breakout Defense 2 - $6.99
Digital - [NA]
Breakout Defense is a breakout game where you will face off against the computer opponent through 20 exciting levels. Do your best to defend your own blocks while at the same time aiming to destroy the blocks of the computer opponent.

Physical Contact: Picture Place - $4.58 / 3.29 / €3.73 (Nov 23 NA / Oct 12 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Puzzle game called Number Place (a.k.a. Sudoku) is difficult, but feeling of achievement when solved is very high. This game was improved to look good, easy to play, as it was, with the basic rules intact. That name is Picture Place. It is a game series where two people can play against each other. So, ingenuity has been devised so that you can enjoy this game with two people.

iOS/Android
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - free (w/ In-App Purchases) (Nov 22)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Get back to nature in Animal Crossing™: Pocket Camp, the new Animal Crossing mobile game where you take on the role of campsite manager! You're in charge, so you can decorate your own campsite however you like! Make it fun, make it cute, make it sporty—it’s up to you to craft the kind of furniture and amenities that will make your camp a must-see for animals visiting the area.

This week there's also a retail release of Unbox: Newbie's Adventure in NA. There is also a special "Explorer's Edition" of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which includes the game, a two-sided map and an Explorer's Guide with "lore and learning" from the game.

The Switch eShop also has demos for Nine Parchments, Robonauts (EU-only) and Slime-san.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Team17, still running Worms into the ground. I just looked on Wikipedia and they've released 25 Worms games in 21 years :monocle:

(I'll still probably end up buying it to continue my quest of owning every game I ever want to play solely on the Switch)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The River City this week is a remake of the original Kunio game that RCR was based on right? Or one of the very early ones anyway.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Froist posted:

Team17, still running Worms into the ground. I just looked on Wikipedia and they've released 25 Worms games in 21 years :monocle:

(I'll still probably end up buying it to continue my quest of owning every game I ever want to play solely on the Switch)
I'd consider it if it wasn't stupidly expensive, what is up with that exchange rate Team 17? I'll wait and see if it goes on sale.

I loved the original Worms when I was 14 or 15.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I know, I have it that way. I wanna be able to play it on just the gamepad.:3:

I love my Switch but the gamepad is still great for retro games due to its awesome dpad.

This always makes me a little sad because the D-pad on my gamepad is loving terrible, and the local Nintendo support here in Finland told me it's fine when I sent it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if you are on the fence about Worms WMD and generally enjoy Worms games, do it. its the best iteration of Worms since... i dunno. Worms 2? just extremely polished and slick and fun. that said, price tag is a little ridic and surely it will go on spesh sooner rather than later