Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The first panel is still funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

This one seemed to always come off as though missing the point of a peaceful transfer of power. Maybe I just read into it wrong.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

It really is. Father of The Islamic Shock has the best smug face.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That is amazing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

Branco is going to do a week of googly-cross-eyed Franken leering at women, prepare thyself. And once Franken resigns, he'll do some Clenis ones too.

I'm looking forward to a week of Drunky Duck covering it around Christmas.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

I've always been curious. How many native Spanish speakers did the US take in when they Annexed Texas?

Certainly the US must have a huge native Spanish speaking population from that alone. Not to mention Puerto Rico.

Spanish is certainly a native tongue of the US and it has nothing to do with immigration.

You mean annexation of the St. Augustine and the rest of Florida? Spanish has been spoken in the US longer than English has, but none of them are really native. We got a bunch of Spanish and French colonies with the Louisianan purchase, but we got far more Azteca speakers.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

RoboRodent posted:

"Hire someone that speaks English" translates out to "hire white people without scary brown people accents," I think.

It's this.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pretty sure the third panel is just ripping off a popular tweet.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
And here I was thinking, all Roy Moore had to do to survive was hang on till the next Trump scandal, and instead the scandal comes from Al Franken. :negative:

I like the gleam on the shovel.

:smithboobs:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

there wolf posted:

You mean annexation of the St. Augustine and the rest of Florida? Spanish has been spoken in the US longer than English has, but none of them are really native. We got a bunch of Spanish and French colonies with the Louisianan purchase, but we got far more Azteca speakers.

Native from the point where English somehow is the main language.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Katt posted:

That is amazing

Kiwis are so cute, but so poorly designed.

This is what happens when your species has no natural predators.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elderly men: GQ's target demographic. :rolleyes:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wistful of Dollars posted:

But I think that Horsey put more put more stock in McCain that he actually deserves.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

the_steve posted:

Elderly men: GQ's target demographic. :rolleyes:

Its a real Washington Gun-takers situation it looks like.

Also, great that we are still trying to pretend they are protesting veterans that we don't normally care about.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The best way to show your anger is to buy 26+ copies of GQ.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't this exactly what you wanted Branco??

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bombadilillo posted:

Its a real Washington Gun-takers situation it looks like.

Also, great that we are still trying to pretend they are protesting veterans that we don't normally care about.

Lol this reminds me of that time in 2012 when the Republicans were trying to create a movement where young people would ostentatiously burn their Obamacare cards and then learned that there was no such thing as an Obamacare card and then tried to get people to print out their own version of the non-existent Obamacare card to burn and basically no one did so then they pretended it had all been a metaphorical calling to actually just not sign up under the individual mandate and declared it a triumph.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

AGC

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Lol this reminds me of that time in 2012 when the Republicans were trying to create a movement where young people would ostentatiously burn their Obamacare cards and then learned that there was no such thing as an Obamacare card and then tried to get people to print out their own version of the non-existent Obamacare card to burn and basically no one did so then they pretended it had all been a metaphorical calling to actually just not sign up under the individual mandate and declared it a triumph.

Or Weedlord Bonerhitler.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Or Weedlord Bonerhitler.

IIRC that came from an online petition to repeal the ACA where every time somebody signed it, it would print out something that said the name of the person who signed it. And they had a webcam pointed at this printer to show all these people signing this petition.

A petition that was, mind you, an open form with no kind of verification requirements.

You can guess how that went down.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Or Weedlord Bonerhitler.

Instant Sunrise posted:

IIRC that came from an online petition to repeal the ACA where every time somebody signed it, it would print out something that said the name of the person who signed it. And they had a webcam pointed at this printer to show all these people signing this petition.

A petition that was, mind you, an open form with no kind of verification requirements.

You can guess how that went down.

There it is! That is the thing I learned today!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

There it is! That is the thing I learned today!

It was funny watching as they desperately grabbed at the fake names that started to stream in and when it became too much they evebatully just stopped streaming it about ten minutes in

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It was funny watching as they desperately grabbed at the fake names that started to stream in and when it became too much they evebatully just stopped streaming it about ten minutes in

https://imgur.com/a/1X9Hp

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

you got some lols from me my friend.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm a fan of Joery Turds myself.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Like 20 more boners" and I'm still crying.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Democrats are bad because they love Free poo poo, and also because they hate Free poo poo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Oh my god thanks for this.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I'm the hand on like 20 more boners. Meaning dude was watching this without aborting.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on political uncertainty in Zimbabwe – Robert Mugabe’s 37-year grip on power in Zimbabwe was fast ebbing away on Wednesday evening as he met senior military officers to discuss his future following a day confined to house arrest in Harare"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Tory MPs hit back at Daily Telegraph over 'Brexit mutineers' front page

Times:

Evening Standard:

Leonardo da Vinci painting sells for $450m at auction, smashing records

Mail:
MAC on... Russian meddling in Brexit

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like that there's both the normal Weed Hitler and its evolved form, Weedlord Bonerhitler.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 16, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Next one would be "Adolf 'This Isn't Even My Final Form' Weedler".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Where does The Boner Lord rule?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Dude on the left really hates the legitimate winner of Bake Off. Look at that grin.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Where does The Boner Lord rule?
south of the equator

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Wait, I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here was a British show too? How long has that been running?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Huh, for the past eight years I've been told that Santa was in fact bad.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

ARE COMMERCIALS!

First, its almost always "press two for Spanish" so it is literally having to listen to 3 seconds of Spanish then not do a thing.

He's coming from a place of just wanting everyone to get along and celebrate our shared culture(cause he's scared he will be the minority soon, time to make peace), but holy moley does he instantly go to crazytown with that "common culture" being explicitly white/European and that :lol: Trump is the facilitator of bringing groups together. The English is him saying, joint the melting pot, by leaving all your culture to assimilate to ARE WAY.

White Americans think anything someone says in a language they don't understand is about them, because they know they make racist remarks when they think minorities can't hear them.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

Huh, for the past eight years I've been told that Santa was in fact bad.

You know how it is, as soon as they leave office they start being idolized.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
In my experience, the Californians were the worst, since they would always preface this long thing, like I as a tech support rep really cared. "Well you see they were going to do the same thing, but you did it faster and I want to know I have quality service."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MelvinBison posted:

Wait, I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here was a British show too? How long has that been running?

The American version should have been called "When You're a Celebrity, The Let You Get Out of Here".

• Locked thread