Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quote-Unquote posted:

True, but I think the Geralt/Yen thing works especially with all the book story.

It's definitely the least bad romance in a game even if it's not exactly Before Sunrise or something

Idk cuz i haven't read any of the books and never will and I never played any of the earlier witcher games I just wanted her to gently caress off so I could go back to riding my horse and killing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I might give it a go since I have a shitload of currency left over, unlock everything and see if I can get any trophies before it's gone.

If you're really down for it, the new "everything is basically free" economy in the game now means you can effectively have permanent 5x EXP. In one long night's play time I got 2 characters to Lv. 60. It's pretty insane, the loot box system is busted wide open now because you can buy a 5x pack for 1 currency shard and you're guaranteed to get at least 1 big whack of 20 shards in one of those boxes so it just keeps rolling.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Idk cuz i haven't read any of the books and never will and I never played any of the earlier witcher games I just wanted her to gently caress off so I could go back to riding my horse and killing poo poo

That's fair enough really and you p. Much tell her to gently caress off

W3 is really good though imo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Andrast posted:

Nothing is stopping other games from having already existing relationships

Of course not but one criticism from roleplaying fans is that as Geralt you're not creating your own character but taking the reins of a fully formed character who has already had an unnaturally long life's worth of relationships, romantic or otherwise.

If you're making the classic RPG where the player character crawls out of a hole at level 1 and you decide everything about who and what they are then nearly all relationships are going to be fresh or radically altered to the point that it may as well be fresh.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Lobok posted:

Of course not but one criticism from roleplaying fans is that as Geralt you're not creating your own character but taking the reins of a fully formed character

Ah, so The Witcher is actually a JRPG.

I mean, with all the romance being talked about it's basically Persona, really.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is The Witcher 3 anime 🤔🤔

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Geralt is the prettiest anime princess.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Johnny is pretty anime. I mean, look at his eyes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Johnny is pretty anime. I mean, look at his eyes.

Uguuu

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hmmm just gonna see what’s been going on in the PS4 thre...

:yikes:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quote-Unquote posted:

W3 is really good though imo

It is

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My biggest issue with Marvel Heroes is the amount of content kind of felt like a single act in comparison to a D3 or Path of Exile. So while it was fun trying out new heroes and their powers, there really wasn't much to do with them in the long run. They put in a prestige system with zero incentive to actually continue playing except to increase your prestige number.

The concept is solid in my opinion, Marvel characters are perfect for this sort of game. It's too bad Marvel Heroes was pretty poo poo though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is The Witcher 3 anime 🤔🤔

Yeah, it's pretty mild compared to STALKER though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

I really wanted to tell yennifer to gently caress off lol but my gf got mad at me and made me reload my save cuz she enjoys the romance subplots in these games.

You may wish to reflect a little bit more on what was going on in this moment.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Digirat posted:

Yeah, it's pretty mild compared to STALKER though

"G-get out of here, stalker, i-it's not like I like you or anything!"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ooooh, cheeki breeki-chan...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Hey, I have a question, how do PS4 cloud saves work?

I used to have a 500gb PS4 with save data for a PSN purchased copy of Horizon Zero Dawn, then I had to move and sell the PS4. I did however back up my entire PS4 to a hard drive.

I've now moved to a new place, and have access to another PS4 (slim). However, I didn't copy the backup information onto my current PS4, because I don't want to delete the data on it (because it belongs to someone else). So I simply logged back on my account and re-downloaded HZD. However, I no longer have my old save files, which were up to the end game. Is there any way to download my save from the cloud, or from my hard drive?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really wish Stalker was on PS4 😭😭😭

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Persona 5 honestly surprised me with the romance options they gave you which includes several older women that aside from the age gap, could have some serious career ending consequences.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ryoga posted:

Persona 5 honestly surprised me with the romance options they gave you which includes several older women that aside from the age gap, could have some serious career ending consequences.
Older but still anime characters that all look about the same age.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Phobophilia posted:

Hey, I have a question, how do PS4 cloud saves work?

I used to have a 500gb PS4 with save data for a PSN purchased copy of Horizon Zero Dawn, then I had to move and sell the PS4. I did however back up my entire PS4 to a hard drive.

I've now moved to a new place, and have access to another PS4 (slim). However, I didn't copy the backup information onto my current PS4, because I don't want to delete the data on it (because it belongs to someone else). So I simply logged back on my account and re-downloaded HZD. However, I no longer have my old save files, which were up to the end game. Is there any way to download my save from the cloud, or from my hard drive?

Press Options while having the game highlighted on the home screen and you can access the cloud save menu from there. If the save is there you can download it to your system. If not, it's gone.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 17, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samurai Sanders posted:

Turns out I enjoy pimping my home room teacher. Who knew?

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's actually just asian people.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 17, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jesus Christ that decapitation scene in Wolfenstein 2 :stare: :stare: :stare:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jesus Christ that decapitation scene in Wolfenstein 2 :stare: :stare: :stare:

I wish to make a comment but need to know how far in the game you are

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I wish to make a comment but need to know how far in the game you are

I just finished the courthouse and got to put on some extendo legs

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ryoga posted:

“You’re a terrible teacher.”

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony accidentally announced that Dragon's Crown Pro and DJ Max Respect are coming overseas in their PSX playable games list if anyone's down for those.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Go Go Gadget Legs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Sony accidentally announced that Dragon's Crown Pro and DJ Max Respect are coming overseas in their PSX playable games list if anyone's down for those.

Oh yes

Maybe I'll wait and see if Dragons Crown is getting any changes other than a resolution boost though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Andrast posted:

The relationship between Yennefer and Geralt is probably the best written relationship in any game.

:laffo: hosed up if true

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh man, Winter in TloU was some rough poo poo.

Poor Ellie :(

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

Oh man, Winter in TloU was some rough poo poo.

Poor Ellie :(

It's probably my favorite section of the game. I feel it paces gameplay-to-story really well, even if it's maybe a bit more compact than the others. It basically never lets up intensity.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea winter is a hell of a ride and cemented tlou as my favorite ps3 game

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

My biggest issue with Marvel Heroes is the amount of content kind of felt like a single act in comparison to a D3 or Path of Exile. So while it was fun trying out new heroes and their powers, there really wasn't much to do with them in the long run. They put in a prestige system with zero incentive to actually continue playing except to increase your prestige number.

The concept is solid in my opinion, Marvel characters are perfect for this sort of game. It's too bad Marvel Heroes was pretty poo poo though.
It sort of felt like they copied a bunch of systems from Diablo 3 without having the slightest clue why any of those systems were there. Like they technically kind of had adventure zones but a bunch of stuff was still locked until you'd finished the campaign.

I agree that the overall idea was great, and it's pretty fun to play (Deadpool's moped in particular seems designed for trolling in the social spaces, and nightcrawler is crazy fun) but there were just too many stupid mistakes with the endgame that make no sense.

My theory is that the prohibitively high unlock costs meant even whales couldn't drag in enough money, so rather than reduce the cost, the reputed-to-be-an-rear end in a top hat boss pulled the plug instead.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The one that causes nazis to explode when you dash into them is also a really good one. Bull charging into a charging super soldier is icing on the cake.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

(Wolfenstein: New Colossus) This game is so bonkers that I really needed clarification on which decapitation scene you were talking about.

The best is yet to come though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

inferis posted:

Best romantic relationship in any game is Nate/Sully

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

inferis posted:

Best romantic relationship in any game is Nate/Sully

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Spoken like a bunch of goons who never experienced the joy of being Alistair's elven consort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sully is one of the best videogame characters ever. Nate not so much, voice acting is amazing but Sully reminds me of a mix of Indiana Jones with Burt Reynolds (30/70% of the mix).