Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Just updated the app. I might be the only person in the world to use the "volume buttons to scroll" feature, but it is now broken. If I try from the main forums or inside a forum, the app crashes; inside a thread it just adjusts my system volume. I'll send a crash report here after I post this so maybe that'll help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

While we're asking for dumb features, can we make swipe right go to the next page? Got my XBOXHUGE 2XL and it's awkward making it down to the next page button 1 handed.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Can you make the send PM button ask for confirmation like the regular post one?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

While we're asking for dumb features, can we make swipe right go to the next page? Got my XBOXHUGE 2XL and it's awkward making it down to the next page button 1 handed.

Nevermind, I'm a big dummy. I forgot there was a pull-for-next setting that I disabled ages ago and somehow glossed over it when I was looking for a "next page" gesture. Thanks Team Barry!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Putty posted:

this

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Since the last update I've been having scrolling lag and jumping issues. I'm on a Nexus 5x on Android 8

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

taiyoko posted:

Just updated the app. I might be the only person in the world to use the "volume buttons to scroll" feature, but it is now broken.

Weird,that's definitely broken somehow. Probably something real silly

Putty posted:

Yeah that's gonna get done - it wasn't in the update because we just needed to push out a fix for the connection stuff

El Mero Mero posted:

Since the last update I've been having scrolling lag and jumping issues. I'm on a Nexus 5x on Android 8

What version of the app are you on?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is it happening on every thread or just ones with a lot of images or tweets? And does turning embedding off help? If you have a page it happens on that would help (unless it's all of them)

The last update only really changed network stuff, shouldn't have affected the app in general. The only time I've seen weird scrolling (where it's really jumpy and scrolls too much) is in testing when some JavaScript is playing up

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

baka kaba posted:

Is it happening on every thread or just ones with a lot of images or tweets? And does turning embedding off help? If you have a page it happens on that would help (unless it's all of them)

The last update only really changed network stuff, shouldn't have affected the app in general. The only time I've seen weird scrolling (where it's really jumpy and scrolls too much) is in testing when some JavaScript is playing up

Doesn't seem to matter if there are embeds or images or not. I notice it on most pages (for instance, I went to 110 of this thread and scrolling was jumpy on that pafe.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I got "No Forums Data" earlier today (though it did log me in)- I picked "Bookmarks" and it brought things back to life. Thanks for giving me Portable SA again!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

My actual threads don't jump, but when I open the menu like half the time it removes one after a second and I hate it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

El Mero Mero posted:

Doesn't seem to matter if there are embeds or images or not. I notice it on most pages (for instance, I went to 110 of this thread and scrolling was jumpy on that pafe.)

Is anyone else seeing this? It might be worth clearing your app data (might want to export your settings first) and see if it behaves

drunken officeparty posted:

My actual threads don't jump, but when I open the menu like half the time it removes one after a second and I hate it.

Removes a what now?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

As far as I can tell it removes the middle level forum from the top.

The SA Forums
Inspect Your Gadgets
Awful .apk

Inspect Your Gadgets will disappear causing the whole menu to jump up one. I go for bookmarks and hit search instead at least close to half the time.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Ohhhh the hierarchy in the drawer menu. Yeah that's on the list, it's... awkward to fix for a few reasons :v:

I'll see if I can wrangle something a bit more stable, no promises though - a lot of the code is interconnected in exciting ways, and unraveling that takes time away from other features

Speaking of - has anyone on the beta used the Imgur stuff yet? Any thoughts?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Gee these announcement notifications are kind of annoying!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

baka kaba posted:

Is anyone else seeing this? It might be worth clearing your app data (might want to export your settings first) and see if it behaves

Removes a what now?

Tried clearing app data to no effect :/.

The jumpy scroll will sometimes interpret a swipe from bottom to top as a scroll up too for some reason, so I'll reverse directions as I'm trying too go down a thread.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Hey, love the app, but is there a function for auto playing gifs? I can't seem to find it in my settings. It's not even a problem for actual animated gifs but stationary images that are saved in gif format. Stuff like the comic strip megathread becomes very tedious to read. :(

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Settings -> Device and Navigation

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Thank you so much! I don't know how I missed that. Kept looking in the picture and post options instead, I guess. Completely fixes my problem.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Any chance of a button for each comment that scrolls you directly to the top of the next comment? Would be handy for skipping quote blocks of giant posts.

Haven't read the thread, sorry if this is a duplicate request.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
How do i view a rap sheet?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

How do i view a rap sheet?

Hit three dots on a post of user you want to check, copy url, paste in browser of choice, click the very small rap sheet button

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

RVProfootballer posted:

Hit three dots on a post of user you want to check, copy url, paste in browser of choice, click the very small rap sheet button

Yeah :(
Was hoping to do it in app because if I go to it in a browser it Auto opens the app. I'm not good at these things.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

If you go to Awful in your device's app settings and clear the defaults, it shouldn't automatically open SA urls in the app

(I couldn't get a browser to do that anyway, they all wanted to handle it themselves, but hey. You can share any SA url to the app if you want to use that to open it though)

I have a half-done LC/rap sheet somewhere, I got bored when I hit the "write some html to make it look half decent" stage though

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a way to view profiles either?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Not yet!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Is there anything of actual value in the profiles?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

You can search for all their posts, which would have to go through the search tool anyway. I was mostly thinking about being able to see their rap sheet in there, with the LC being a more general view

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Rap sheet would be good for sure, and to a lesser extent the colony.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I just noticed how the triple bar button in the top left morphs into an arrow by rearranging itself. I keep pulling the slide right menu out real slow to watch it animate in slow motion. That's such a cute detail :kimchi:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

I just noticed how the triple bar button in the top left morphs into an arrow by rearranging itself. I keep pulling the slide right menu out real slow to watch it animate in slow motion. That's such a cute detail :kimchi:

:eyepop:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Feature Request: Can you add date/time to the search results?

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Keep up the good work and please do the pm are you sure feature soon.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Is it possible to make links to imgur galleries with one image behave like regular links? I'm sick of having to open my browser for every image when people can't link images properly.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
an option to disable posting for parts of the forums.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
It'd be nice if double-tapping the back button from the compose reply page would exit out of replying instead of just bringing up, then canceling, a confirmation dialog.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Toshimo posted:

Feature Request: Can you add date/time to the search results?

Probably! I'll add it as an issue

Yobgoblin posted:

Keep up the good work and please do the pm are you sure feature soon.

It's happening, friend

Praseodymi posted:

Is it possible to make links to imgur galleries with one image behave like regular links? I'm sick of having to open my browser for every image when people can't link images properly.

Probably doable, depends how easy they make it - if you load the page with a single pic they add a "here's another funny image" right? Maybe their API holds the secrets

Yobgoblin posted:

an option to disable posting for parts of the forums.

What? Like an "I have no self control" mode or something?

Javid posted:

It'd be nice if double-tapping the back button from the compose reply page would exit out of replying instead of just bringing up, then canceling, a confirmation dialog.

Cancelling dialogs with the back button is standard behaviour to. It's safer this way

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Also is anyone getting crashes in the reply view lately, usually when you're deleting text or you've selected some and you're replacing it? Maybe with Gboard? Or is it just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Also is anyone getting crashes in the reply view lately, usually when you're deleting text or you've selected some and you're replacing it? Maybe with Gboard? Or is it just me

I haven't run into that one. Pixel 1 with awful and Gboard on current Play Store versions.