Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

/beginrant
Are there a bunch of new lovely players out or something? Just played 3 straight QM games where my team lost by lvl 12. A stiches who refused to do anything but fart and run away or hook from behind the line. A tracer who would only shoot minions and towers, and proceeded to die to the towers over and over again. An Alexstraza that finished with less than 1000 healing. A genji that died 11 times.

All three games I played Li Ming and lead in hero damage, and XP and was 1/1/2 in seige damage only loosing out to a hammer in one game.

And I'm a lovely silver player. How does this happen...

/endrant

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When new heroes come out tons of players who never play come out to join the fun and play very poorly. The effect is usually way more pronounced than I expect.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my solution is to just play rexxar every game, now and forever

somethin needs doin'? objective up for grabs? hero needs killin? lane needs pushin? mercs need a beatin? me and misha can do it

oh i'm by myself in top lane? that's okay. i'm never really alone as rexxar :unsmith:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

That's why

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Just started playing again for the first time in months and good god is Mage Zul'jin loving crazy now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

according to this gul'dan, I am "loving terrible"

note: he took rain of destruction

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
When Hanzo comes out, if BaconTotem doesnt immediately "i hanjo" his way down to bronze 5 im going to be upset

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

EdRush posted:

When Hanzo comes out, if BaconTotem doesnt immediately "i hanjo" his way down to bronze 5 im going to be upset

Did he ever get banned for that? I sincerely hope not but, you know, Blizzard.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Shortest Path posted:

Did he ever get banned for that? I sincerely hope not but, you know, Blizzard.

He hasn't been banned and continues to hanjo to this day.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Nybble posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Enjoying Nexus Games Europe, but it's strange that the players themselves are rarely featured by name or picture. Anyone know why?

Further to this, the commentators say various countries are favored, but I have no idea why. I wish there was some context, like FIFA rankings or something.

I think there are no pictures because the teams consist of non-pros.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

EdRush posted:

Of course he's a goon.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 16, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Zoltan Kuul would be pretty cool (heh) with sand attacks and stuff, though Chromie already kinda does that. Mephisto or Baal or any of the other Evils would work too. Druid would be rad as well but I'm biased towards any kind of druid in any game.

I hope in my lifetime I get to play an entire team of Steve Blum's

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
God bless qm. Was trying out Cassia yesterday. Had a tower of doom where we were up 24-4. Everything was going smoothly, no deaths. We then lost one teamfight and it fell to pieces.

Our Diablo respawned first because of black soulstone. He threw the game bc he repeatedly dove headfirst into the enemy team 1v5. It was like watching a force of nature.

We tried just hanging back to get him re-syncd, but it was late enough in the game that the other team was able to push hard against our towers and we had to start defending, which led to people getting picked off as they dove against our healer and squishy dps.

Despite the loss, the absurdity was hilarious.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

EdRush posted:

So does this guy just kill feed or something. Using an unoptimal character and set up is perfectly fine but its kinda douchey to do literally everything possible to throw a game. Its against HOTS rules at least.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So does this guy just kill feed or something. Using an unoptimal character and set up is perfectly fine but its kinda douchey to do literally everything possible to throw a game. Its against HOTS rules at least.

if you are playing with a rank 0 in matchmaking there are issues with your game beyond a single guy trying to make your team lose

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It would be a 5-stack in TL, they always queued as 6 in OW. (problem is, TL is already a joke)

Hanjo made more sense as a joke in OW before hero limits existed so the whole team could play as Hanzo.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was mildly amusing when he was just trying to tank his rating and obvserving the amazingly bad gameplay at the very bottom of the ladder. It was significantly less interesting when he got other goons to queue as six and spawn camp poor schlubs for 30+ minutes at a time intentionally drawing out the match even though they threw at the end.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hanzo rips though

And he’s gonna rip in a whole other game now

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEfPoY2rPo

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Filipino Freakout posted:

six and spawn camp poor schlubs for 30+ minutes at a time intentionally drawing out the match even though they threw at the end.

I tried overwatch when it was free, first game we got spawn camped and i was like nope.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's pretty rare for teams to be unbalanced enough for spawn camping since that gives one team an enormous respawn advantage. It probably happens more often on free weekends since a bunch of new players with next to no MMR accuracy are playing.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I tried overwatch when it was free, first game we got spawn camped and i was like nope.
It's free this weekend if you want to try it again!

About a decade ago I developed a severe sensitivity to motion sickness and can't play first person shooters anymore, or even watch someone else play one. It's tragic because I use to really enjoy shooting people in the face.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Spawn camping is also hard to pull off as most maps have two exits at all times for the offensive team.

If the Defensive team is being spawn camped then the offensive team has already won and is just being dicks about it.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

/beginrant
Are there a bunch of new lovely players out or something? Just played 3 straight QM games where my team lost by lvl 12. A stiches who refused to do anything but fart and run away or hook from behind the line. A tracer who would only shoot minions and towers, and proceeded to die to the towers over and over again. An Alexstraza that finished with less than 1000 healing. A genji that died 11 times.

All three games I played Li Ming and lead in hero damage, and XP and was 1/1/2 in seige damage only loosing out to a hammer in one game.

And I'm a lovely silver player. How does this happen...

/endrant

:negative:

All of this. I want to play with goons.
Why don't the goon hots players used mumbl? Am I old or is Disco needlessly complicated. I'm still trying to get a goon tag.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Solvent posted:

All of this. I want to play with goons.
Why don't the goon hots players used mumbl? Am I old or is Disco needlessly complicated. I'm still trying to get a goon tag.

You're old. Dive in headfirst, it's the only way to get used to it. I resisted once as well.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Ok, I have, and I totally don't get it. I asked my wife to assist, and she's not old. In fact she was wary about Hots disco groups ever since she joined a "girl gamer group", and it was a bunch of teenage boys and one chick wearing a headset and not playing.

Is there a tutorial or something? I'm just tired of the toxic HOTS player community and want to be with the toxic goon community I'm used to.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's called Discord, that might be one problem.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Discord is more old school than mumble. You're not old enough. It's basically IRC but with voice chat.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Discord is poo poo and goons are bad at hots play vs ai and pray to god you never have to interact with a live person in this game.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I never used IRC, my neckbeard lacked the thickness that is required.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Discord is poo poo and goons are bad at hots play vs ai and pray to god you never have to interact with a live person in this game.

:agrede:

Lucky me! I'm a lovely silver tier :-D

E: Upon being educated, I may not be, I just dont know how to properly upload to hotslogs is all.

Solvent fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 17, 2017

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

Discord is poo poo

:fuckoff:

What's with people and terrible voice chat opinions?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I couldn’t imagine a voice program being easier to use than discord. Like unless it just read your mind I don’t see how.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You know what Zeratul IS good for? Finishing that 90 takedown quest in about 4 vs ai games.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I couldn’t imagine a voice program being easier to use than discord. Like unless it just read your mind I don’t see how.

Typing the discord link is annoying but I'm also a giant baby so agreed.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I have literally never typed a discord link because I understand how to copy and paste.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dick Burglar posted:

I have literally never typed a discord link because I understand how to copy and paste.

Or click on the link which then joins you into said discord through the desktop app. :shrug:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I was giving the benefit of the doubt with mobile.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dick Burglar posted:

I dont know how to copy paste in world of warcraft. And I have discord on multiple computers. My problems are of the first world.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dick Burglar posted:

discord.gg links handle just fine on mobile, too, though, at least on Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I dont know how to copy paste in world of warcraft. And I have discord on multiple computers. My problems are of the first world.

Prat addon.

Kyrosiris posted:

discord.gg links handle just fine on mobile, too, though, at least on Android.

I haven't used mobile so I just assumed it wasn't as smart as desktop. I was wrong v:shobon:v