Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Looked to me like a variation on Starlord's helmet.

Starlord's helmet is pretty much a standard-ish issue Kree helmet that he's personalized over the years.

Is S.H.I.E.L.D. gone yet? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The best/worst part of Inhumans, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGTfbMioezc

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I'm glad it's nearly time! I had a couple of times over the past few months where I was ever so mildly irritated that SHIELD wasn't back on the air yet. I place it alongside the likes of SG1 and Alias in its general vibe of wondrous camp joy and have missed that.

Although I guess if it had premiered roughly alongside the Orville , Star Trek and Star Wars Rebels then things would have gotten to the point for me where one or more of them doesn't get watched until long after their air dates due to crowding.

Anyone know what's up with Xmas break? I would assume it's the 2 hour premiere and then two more to take it up to Dec 15, or is Dec 22 considered far away enough from Xmas for normal US schedules to be in play?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There will almost certainly not be an episode on the 22nd.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gelf posted:

I'm glad it's nearly time! I had a couple of times over the past few months where I was ever so mildly irritated that SHIELD wasn't back on the air yet. I place it alongside the likes of SG1 and Alias in its general vibe of wondrous camp joy and have missed that.

Although I guess if it had premiered roughly alongside the Orville , Star Trek and Star Wars Rebels then things would have gotten to the point for me where one or more of them doesn't get watched until long after their air dates due to crowding.

Anyone know what's up with Xmas break? I would assume it's the 2 hour premiere and then two more to take it up to Dec 15, or is Dec 22 considered far away enough from Xmas for normal US schedules to be in play?

This is AoS we're talking about. It's going to premiere, have another episode, a six week break, five more episodes, mid-season break, then several more episodes before a three week break for the finale.

It feels like this show has more god drat gaps then any other I've seen. That said I love it and I'm so god drat hyped.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This is AoS we're talking about. It's going to premiere, have another episode, a six week break, five more episodes, mid-season break, then several more episodes before a three week break for the finale.

It feels like this show has more god drat gaps then any other I've seen. That said I love it and I'm so god drat hyped.

Inhumans airing is supposed to have prevented that.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Has that even been a problem since season 1?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah? The airing schedule last season felt like it was assembled from live cats.

But as Phy mentioned, this season should theoretically be better about it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The previous seasons were like that because they started airing in September/October and finished in May. This season is starting in December with the same number of episodes, which means less breaks.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah? The airing schedule last season felt like it was assembled from live cats.

Live cats are entertaining though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Maybe if you all had watched Agent Carter, we could have avoided all this! <:mad:>

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Klungar posted:

Maybe if you all had watched Agent Carter, we could have avoided all this! <:mad:>

Maybe we are everyone who watched the show.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Maybe we are everyone who watched the show.

This is probably more the case...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am so drat excited for this show. Agents of Space is going to rule. I am slightly alarmed by the lack of Fitz in the trailer but I suspect that means he's actually building a giant space battleship out of spare parts somewhere.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You just know there's another reason he and Jemma are apart again, like maybe this time they're being forced to work in two rooms separated by a panel of superglass that lets them see and hear each other but never touch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Last season the breaks were fine though because the show was split into very clear "arcs". Yes, from a narrative standpoint they led from one to the next but each break gave you a sort of sense of closure, just with maybe a cliffhanger or at least a hook for the next arc. And in previous seasons we had Agent Carter during the big break in January/February.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am pretty sure the show kept getting screwed by debates and sports events during bad Carter year

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
The one dude that phases in reminds me of "Ghost" in the marvel comics.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Argue posted:

You just know there's another reason he and Jemma are apart again, like maybe this time they're being forced to work in two rooms separated by a panel of superglass that lets them see and hear each other but never touch.

This time he's the one stranded on another planet.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This was pretty much verbatim the airing schedule for the first few seasons of Lost, until fans got super pissed about it and made them change it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mokinokaro posted:

This time he's the one stranded on another planet.

Earth.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Fitz always seems to get hosed the most

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chloe gets it.

https://instagram.com/p/Bb0yRA-jVEF/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's not a good message to send to the kids.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh, well the Winter Olympics are in February so, that'll gently caress with things at a minimum.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

That's not a good message to send to the kids.

Yeah, don't use wine for that. There are far cheaper/more efficient options for that kids!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh, well the Winter Olympics are in February so, that'll gently caress with things at a minimum.

It shouldn't. ABC doesn't cover the Olympics.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
the first 17 minutes of the 2-Hour season premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBwsMIXlMk

lomzus fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 25, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm sold.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hahaha Mack always gets it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

hahaha Mack always gets it.

I just loved how he came flying in from off screen like a linebacker. *BAM*

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

I just loved how he came flying in from off screen like a linebacker. *BAM*

While if it looks like a linebacker and walks like a linebacker...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Opening up "This must be the place" seals it for AOS Season 5 being the best Superhero show of this year.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is discussing that stuff spoiler? Better safe than sorry, I guess.
My impressions:
I like that guy from the beginning. He has some good routines, knows how to enjoy a pool, has (his childs?) paintings on his fridge and has good taste in car music. He seems like a swell guy.
"The middle of the season", eh?
"Doesn't SHIELD have an outer space division called SPEAR, or something?" But to be a bit nerdy: SWORD actually doesn't exist in the current comic universe. Also apparently there actually has been an organisation called SPEAR, because of course there was.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is this the final season? This feels like a budget cut - few extras, no on-location filming.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Maybe? ABC apparently wanted to get rid of the show after last season, but some higher ups at Disney overruled them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are they in the future? That's how it sounds like from the way that space guy talked.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Are they in the future? That's how it sounds like from the way that space guy talked.

Seems pretty clear if they're history and haven't heard of human outposts in space from Fury

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
If that's the case, then it sucks that Fitz and Simmons are now separated by time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

PunkBoy posted:

If that's the case, then it sucks that Fitz and Simmons are now separated by time.

It'll be fine. I'm sure Fitz will shotgun open a hole in time while screaming in rage and pull Simmons back through, but only Simmons.

• Locked thread