Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

theshim posted:

no please don't

too late

https://twitter.com/Tweetforreasons/status/930920050256687104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Firstly, I would like to state that I am not an audiophile.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Take a look at the last reply in the chain.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Scathach posted:

I'm very confused as to how vulgarity harms children in any way. It's not like they're never going to say "gently caress" and honestly if they're old enough to read it they probably already have a definition from their friends' older siblings.

I swear I once saw a study that concluded that naughty words don't actually cause any harm to anybody's perfect little angels but I should be doing homework and not looking for that paper.

*fires up Google*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Data Graham posted:

Firstly, I would like to state that I am not an audiophile.

But officer, wooden knobs. WOODEN KNOBS!! Can any man truly say they're in control when presented with wooden knobs?!?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616

This from Mr. "Grab them by the pussy" himself.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

This dude went on a rant about how this is all just one big witch hunt and we need to shut up about it.

What kind of brokebrain moron says "there is nothing wrong with sexual harassment"??

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
A sexual harasser.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hyperhazard posted:

A sexual harasser.

A sexual harasseur.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/931363210028036096

Read the chain for more info if you need caught up at all.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ira/status/931189240657952768

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ularg posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/931363210028036096

Read the chain for more info if you need caught up at all.

Ironic twitter username/post combo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/garbage/status/931391894227009538

:popeye:

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Does anyone have that one friend on social media who just posts the worst inspirational quotes and poo poo but you keep them on your friends list because you know them and know they had a hard life so they get a pass? Or is that just me?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Untrustable posted:

Does anyone have that one friend on social media who just posts the worst inspirational quotes and poo poo but you keep them on your friends list because you know them and know they had a hard life so they get a pass? Or is that just me?

I think we all have that person, just like we have the person that we're waiting for the inevitable fiery crash of everything around them so that we can revel in it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Untrustable posted:

You know you can unfollow them without unfriending them?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Tiggum posted:

You know you can unfollow them without unfriending them?

Yeah but I don't want to do that. I worked with the lady for years and she had some pretty rough poo poo in her life and I like everything she posts even though it's dumb because drat she needs some positivity in her life.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I’m FB friends with a high school friend’s mom who went through a divorce and is very religious and posts inspirational Jesus stuff and Minions memes a lot. She recently posted photos of herself having lost over 200 lbs and looking much happier since I saw her 10 years ago, and the joy I felt was worth the stupid memes. :unsmith:

For content:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/931357870024687616

Megera has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Nov 17, 2017

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Untrustable posted:

Yeah but I don't want to do that. I worked with the lady for years and she had some pretty rough poo poo in her life and I like everything she posts even though it's dumb because drat she needs some positivity in her life.

That's nice of you, warms my heart.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

loving christ

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's bizarre, if you go to the "Al Franken" trending topic on Twitter, it's entirely comprised of Democrats saying he should resign and Republicans saying that Democrats aren't saying he should resign.

Hey just throwing it out there that there are in fact people out there defending Frankin talking about various ways on how what he did doesn't actually count and like, even if they are twitter randos who don't actually mean anything, ignoring that they exist is kinda hosed

I've just seen that tweet a lot today and I'm sick and tired of it and people acting like there's no problem at all

E: I also get that a good 90% of the people talking about it are acting in very bad faith, but man, just outright dismissal probably isn't the best idea

Saagonsa has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Nov 17, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They sold it to get drug money. At least, that's how it works in Bike Theft City, where I live.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah and the drugs made them happy, QED. (I mean, why else would you take drugs.)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
And in reply to that, the true IOSM

https://twitter.com/Dianesiz/status/931457357653176320

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It's always conservatives who have to make absolutely goddamn everything about how lazy/entitled/stupid these imaginary liberal strawmen are.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

From dipshit's Twitter posted:

incredible Triangle player for the death metal band OCTAGON 🤘🤘

This guy is telling other people to get jobs? :lol:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Scathach posted:

I'm very confused as to how vulgarity harms children in any way. It's not like they're never going to say "gently caress" and honestly if they're old enough to read it they probably already have a definition from their friends' older siblings.

In the third grade all the other kids were accusing each other of saying the "F word" and I didn't know what it was so I asked my mom, and she was so flustered she wrote it down, and then I read it, sorta confused about what was the big deal, so she whispered it into my ear like it was this huge secret, then told me that it stood for "Fornication Under Consent of the King" which confused me even more.

So I guess replace 'harm' with 'confuse' and vulgarity for sure has an effect on children.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ralph Crammed In posted:

In the third grade all the other kids were accusing each other of saying the "F word" and I didn't know what it was so I asked my mom, and she was so flustered she wrote it down, and then I read it, sorta confused about what was the big deal, so she whispered it into my ear like it was this huge secret, then told me that it stood for "Fornication Under Consent of the King" which confused me even more.

So I guess replace 'harm' with 'confuse' and vulgarity for sure has an effect on children.

If the king is fine with your fornication why is it a rude word? The king told you it was ok!

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Your mom was wrong. It's a backronym. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gently caress#False_etymologies

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

This dude went on a rant about how this is all just one big witch hunt and we need to shut up about it.

What kind of brokebrain moron says "there is nothing wrong with sexual harassment"??

The big implication here is that all forms of harassment are fine

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I enjoy the "when did we as a society become so loving pathetic we can't handle harrassment"?

The first time. The first time someone harassed someone. "Handling" harrassment is either giving in or fighting back, and usually only the former is a possibility.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Untrustable posted:

I have a few people in my friends list I feel exactly that way about. 1/20 of their posts are ones I want to offer support or congratulations on, and it’s worth wading through the rest to get there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Subjunctive posted:

I have a few people in my friends list I feel exactly that way about. 1/20 of their posts are ones I want to offer support or congratulations on, and it’s worth wading through the rest to get there.

Same. I'm not a big facebook comment/like person, but I like seeing those people's regular posts and knowing that they're ok and doing well, and the iNsPiRaTiOnAl poo poo stays or goes with those regular posts.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Zipperelli. posted:

This guy is telling other people to get jobs? :lol:

Incredible and triangle player should never be used in the same sentence.

Along with metal band.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Field Mousepad posted:

Incredible and triangle player should never be used in the same sentence.

Along with metal band.

At long last Jethro Tull has found validation.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Untrustable posted:

I used to do that to a few people because they were former co-workers of mine and they had a really rough time. One got into bodybuilding, losing 100 pounds in the process and she keeps me encouraged to go to the gym all the time. Actually lost 70 pounds thanks to her motivation stuff.

The other 2 just got into MLM because they kept getting fired from call centers so it went from inspirational quotes to "join my team" memes every day with videos and pictures using their overpriced bullshit products.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It's always conservatives who have to make absolutely goddamn everything about how lazy/entitled/stupid these imaginary liberal strawmen are.

This can apply to any conservative in any country. In Sweden at least 5 tweets would follow that first with “its them gosgdern Syrians and their terroristcult at work!” I’ve seen this as explanations for random blackouts, delayed trains, police officers getting bad food during duty (literally a news story in Sweden today), etc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Crap UK viral "brand" UNILAD has been booted off Facebook. Someone said they reported a thread about that dead rapper as the comments were toxic, and it looks like they killed the whole account. Not a single thing of value was lost, but I bet the people who run it are fuming as it had 34 million likes. Ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Ularg posted:

Hey a notifi... wait what?

Does that mean my report did it, or is it just a reply to literally everyone that ever reported him?
This can mean literally anything. I've seen "they violated the rules" reply to my reports, "thank you for reporting", in some cases both, (the latter following the former) and I've still never seen an account that would be suspended even if they said it violated something.