Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I already had a Surfing Pikachu from some-rear end-where, so I'm gonna bring in one of those. Also, a Glaceon (pre-evolved) and a Porygon-Z. The other three, I'll catch along the way. I will bench my starter and not reuse anything I have used in any prior game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also, I've seen a few posts about it but I'm still interested in everybody's planned teams, if they don't plan to switch as they do. So far I definitely want to use-

Incineroar (Gotta have a starter- Actually I would rather use Alolan Marowak but the Shadow Bone issue prevents it. Might swap to Salazzle.)
Lycanroc (Wanna use Dusk-boy)
Tsareena (She's rad, and I didn't use her last time.)
Kommo-o (See above.)
Araquanid (Rad bug,)
Mudsdale (Rad horse.)

All physical attackers... Well, Kommo-o can do both, I guess.
I'm gonna be using:
Decidueye (because I chose Popplio last time)
Toxapex (it's an adorable little corsola-muncher)
Palossand (Why not, sand castles are cool)
Raichu-A (loving adorable flying pancake)
Salazzle (still debating this, not entirely sure if I want it)
Lycanrock Dusk (only because I heard that you can breed the Own Tempo ability down from the gift one, so it's actually nicknameable and able to be given egg moves :3:)

I used Araquanid and Mudsdale on my team last time, and I definitely recommend them. (Make sure you get stamina on Mudsdale, it's the far superior ability.)

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Might make an interesting team.

E: Fixed

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 17, 2017

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pentaro posted:

Carbink!
Is Carbink actually good for anything other than being adorable and sparkly?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dehry posted:

Might make an interesting team.

E: Fixed

Briavary is miserable to use in game since it evolves so late and Rufflet's base stats really don't cut it past level 30 or so.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

PetraCore posted:

Is Carbink actually good for anything other than being adorable and sparkly?

It tricks you into thinking it'll evolve into Diancie

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It tricks you into thinking it'll evolve into Diancie
Honestly it'd be hilarious if Carbink could evolve into Diancie at the same rate or lower than they could be shiny, but it's a friendship based evolution with no outward indicators of if a Carbink is special that way or not, so you have to mass breed them and then grind up the friendship over, and over, and over...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Trade thread is pretty dead.

Anyone have a Drought Vulpix they can trade me?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Honestly it'd be hilarious if Carbink could evolve into Diancie at the same rate or lower than they could be shiny, but it's a friendship based evolution with no outward indicators of if a Carbink is special that way or not, so you have to mass breed them and then grind up the friendship over, and over, and over...
That would be the worst and also best thing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

PetraCore posted:

And you have to figure out the exact correct moment to hold the 3DS upside down, for maximum :twisted:.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

That would be the worst and also best thing
I mean it'd be pretty nonviable to grind for a Diancie that way but just the very slim chance of getting a Diancie if you carry around a Carbink for long enough...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

I don't right now, but I should be able to make one. IIRC, breeding a HA Alolan vulpix with a regular one has a chance of making a HA regular one.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

I don't right now, but I should be able to make one. IIRC, breeding a HA Alolan vulpix with a regular one has a chance of making a HA regular one.
I thought you needed a hold item or something to get an alolan form pokemon to produce the regular form?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AlternateNu posted:

I have several, what version do you need it on?

FC: 2234-7230-6265

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 17, 2017

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

PetraCore posted:

I thought you needed a hold item or something to get an alolan form pokemon to produce the regular form?
You do! The hold item is just an everstone, though.
That being said, since Kurieg has volunteered, I'll not bother.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

VERY suspicious that there are fewer than 24 hours remaining on my bank pass

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I've got Ultra Sun pre-ordered but I didn't pick express shipping. I guess I'll probably get it monday? Not too long a wait.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kurieg posted:

I have several, what version do you need it on?

FC: 2234-7230-6265

SM

FC:5472-7681-7269

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Reminder:

Second Chance Ash Hat Pikachu Serial code:
PIKACHUM20

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll ask just in case (Minor Pokemon acquisition spoiler)

Is it possible to get multiple Poipole in one game, or do I have to do multiple runs to fulfill a living dex?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

SM

FC:5472-7681-7269

I'm on now, vulpix in hand/box.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

LanceKing2200 posted:

Pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll ask just in case (Minor Pokemon acquisition spoiler)

Is it possible to get multiple Poipole in one game, or do I have to do multiple runs to fulfill a living dex?

One. It's a gift.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kurieg posted:

I'm on now, vulpix in hand/box.

nevermind

Edit: Kurieg is a good and cool goon.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 17, 2017

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Dehry posted:

One. It's a gift.

Deeeeeelightful. On a related note what's the best team I can trade myself to do a speedrun?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

LanceKing2200 posted:

Deeeeeelightful. On a related note what's the best team I can trade myself to do a speedrun?

Start the game, send your starter and maybe another 'mon or two to the other game. Go to end game areas or otherwise power level them as high as you want. Trade em back, as I understand it, they're still that games Pokemon so they'll obey you.

That's the only thing that occurs to me

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

nevermind

Edit: Kurieg is a good and cool goon.

Yeah sorry for the delay, i forgot that going to festival plaza doesn't actually put you online.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how far do you have to get in omega ruby and X before you can use the pokemon bank. i'm gonna port all my mons forward to gen 7 but I want to plop them in gen 6 first to get a complete pokedex on fresh saves

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

how far do you have to get in omega ruby and X before you can use the pokemon bank. i'm gonna port all my mons forward to gen 7 but I want to plop them in gen 6 first to get a complete pokedex on fresh saves

Far enough to catch your own 'mons.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man bring back the 3d effect...........

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

The gamestop I am going to is giving it out at 9:00 here (pacific time), glad I didn’t just show up in the middle of the night. Its been awhile since ive gone to a launch event...

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

man bring back the 3d effect...........

I think the fine print on US/UM says there's 3d

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3D is only in Poke-finder

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
So are US/UM like BW2 In that you want to continue with the same version for you he Pokémon and legendaries you wouldn't have gotten in the first game or should I switch version for that?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can anyone trade me a snorunt... thought i had a living dex and now i think my snorunt disappeared

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ohtsam posted:

So are US/UM like BW2 In that you want to continue with the same version for you he Pokémon and legendaries you wouldn't have gotten in the first game or should I switch version for that?
It's not a sequel, pick the opposite version if you want to get the opposite box legend.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how come i cant put my rayquazas or groudons into X

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

how come i cant put my rayquazas or groudons into X

Did you transfer them to a gen VII game or do they have ORAS exclusive moves?

If Groudon knows Precipice blades for instance you need it to forget it to go to X

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ughhhhhhhh I dunno maybe

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Oh hey, Tentacool finally gets some...love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEv8i5gLUz0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

game's out in the US eshop now. have fun yall :wooper:

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 17, 2017