Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Google just constantly has a traffic update in my notification tray and it's always "it bad". Thanks Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

solution: drink at home, alone

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Powaqoatse posted:

solution: drink at home, alone

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Face-ID thing is so loving stupid.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

:smug:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ate all the Oreos posted:

i wasn't even thinking third party apps i was thinking google/apple reselling the data that they collect but ok

yeah i figure something like this goes on too, i can pretend like I'm making a difference though :(

websites and advertising libraries too

some mobile ad networks harvest your location every time they try to show you an ad

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good god that this poo poo is still happening
https://twitter.com/supercroup/status/931014185873326080

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Tried making an account on gmarket this week (massive korean online retailer owned by ebay)

Upon completion I'm redirected to a blank page, although I receive a confirmation email.

Pop open the inspector and notice some javascript trying to redirect me to a URL like 'do_register.asp?username=xxx&password=yyy' except my randomly generated password happened to have an apostrophe in it which broke it :downs:

I guess the only purpose of that is to show you a confirmation page, because my account was registered just fine... But why... And come to think of it I would get blank pages upon registering on a lot of websites...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

cis autodrag posted:

Google just constantly has a traffic update in my notification tray and it's always "it bad". Thanks Google.

Long press the notification, disable "traffic" and other various other obnoxious Now notifications (looking at you, Clickbait News)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

they call it the one plus one because when you see it you turn two degrees and walk away

Two radians

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

in honor of the original joke, how about "two pi radians"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when you see it you turn 360 radians and fall down

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

when you see it you turn 360 radians and fall down

i'm gonna keep running this dumbass joke into the ground for decades to come, long after nobody but me and my wife get it, and she's just going to look at me with a grim face and shake her head slowly

it's gonna be great

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i'm gonna keep running this dumbass joke into the ground for decades to come, long after nobody but me and my wife get it, and she's just going to look at me with a grim face and shake her head slowly

it's gonna be great

she'll shake her head 360 degrees and laugh away

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i discovered this while coming up with and using scripts to input new info on a 1600+ youtube videos :)

youtube needs some obvious anti-spam measures so you can't overflow an account with videos. there's no limit mentioned on their page for uploads per day, but we found it is 100. editing information about each video has something strange about it though. i'm not really sure why it works this way, but they don't want you to edit information (titles, description, etc) on too many videos in a row in a certain time span. i first found out about this when i ran a script to edit info on 200 videos. i found that every 75th video it failed, so i added a pause of about a minute on the 74th before continuing, which worked for the next batch that day. the next day, that number changed to 70. the day after that it changed to 59. youtube changes the number of videos you can edit info on in a certain time span, per day

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Face-ID thing is so loving stupid.

it is, i bet they added his face id just to get a bunch of views that it didn't work though

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

a forums/email/ticket interface where when you make a post, it takes you to an identical page with an identical edit box, and you have to enter the exact same thing again. cause you might make an error!

also the text boxes are not labelled

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fisting by many posted:

Tried making an account on gmarket this week (massive korean online retailer owned by ebay)

Upon completion I'm redirected to a blank page, although I receive a confirmation email.

Pop open the inspector and notice some javascript trying to redirect me to a URL like 'do_register.asp?username=xxx&password=yyy' except my randomly generated password happened to have an apostrophe in it which broke it :downs:

I guess the only purpose of that is to show you a confirmation page, because my account was registered just fine... But why... And come to think of it I would get blank pages upon registering on a lot of websites...

i sadly learned a long time ago to default-untick the addition of special characters from keepass' password generator because it breaks things too often

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

i sadly learned a long time ago to default-untick the addition of special characters from keepass' password generator because it breaks things too often

Alpha-numeric including capitals/lowercase is plenty of key space for a 20+ character password, so it's not that big a deal except for the reminder of the obvious case of the website doing dumbshit with your password.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

NFX posted:

a forums/email/ticket interface where when you make a post, it takes you to an identical page with an identical edit box, and you have to enter the exact same thing again. cause you might make an error!

also the text boxes are not labelled
dont forget to disable copy/paste

in their defense i bet the text boxes have html5 placeholder= attributes that gave the text fields names when empty

who am i kidding no its probably weird IE6-friendly onload / onkeypress js that does the placeholder text

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
https://regmedia.co.uk/2017/11/16/whyiwalkedfrom3k.pdf

lol DJI.. security by intimidation

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fins posted:

lol DJI.. security

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

On a similar lol worthy note, I passed the CEH today. Complete joke test, but access to more DoD figgies.

The IT-Cert industrial complex is a secfuck

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 17, 2017

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i have to take sec+ for my new role but the company is paying for the test and materials

:shrug:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i discovered this while coming up with and using scripts to input new info on a 1600+ youtube videos :)

youtube needs some obvious anti-spam measures so you can't overflow an account with videos. there's no limit mentioned on their page for uploads per day, but we found it is 100. editing information about each video has something strange about it though. i'm not really sure why it works this way, but they don't want you to edit information (titles, description, etc) on too many videos in a row in a certain time span. i first found out about this when i ran a script to edit info on 200 videos. i found that every 75th video it failed, so i added a pause of about a minute on the 74th before continuing, which worked for the next batch that day. the next day, that number changed to 70. the day after that it changed to 59. youtube changes the number of videos you can edit info on in a certain time span, per day

probably an anti-spam measure too, to stop people constantly chasing popular search terms

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

goddamnedtwisto posted:

probably an anti-spam measure too, to stop people constantly chasing popular search terms

what is there to chase? just add "elsa spider-man joker hulk videos for children 😂😂😂" to every video you post

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Wheany posted:

what is there to chase? just add "elsa spider-man joker hulk videos for children 😂😂😂" to every video you post

this article covers some of the weirdness that is alogritmically generated kids content.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

maaaaaaybe wheany was referring to that very thing? idk lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fins posted:

this article covers some of the weirdness that is alogritmically generated kids content.

:thejoke:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lol whatever autodialer has been calling me with a bunch of faked caller ID's must have hit a null in the database because i just got a call that said it was from '10000000000' :allears:

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

fins posted:

I'm surprised disney isn't more ruthless about taking these channels down. some of the stuff in the article was already DMCA'd but a lot still remains with copyright'd characters.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol whatever autodialer has been calling me with a bunch of faked caller ID's must have hit a null in the database because i just got a call that said it was from '10000000000' :allears:

I've been getting those 5x a day for months now. gently caress you Elizabeth from Vacation Rewards Center

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I've been getting those 5x a day for months now. gently caress you Elizabeth from Vacation Rewards Center

HOOOOOOOOOONK

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKIGN

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i just never actually pick up unless i recognize the number, cuz if you pick up (even to hang up immediately) it shows them that there's a person there and they just double down on everything.

if it's actually real and important they can leave a message (which the bots never, ever do)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

b0red posted:

I'm surprised disney isn't more ruthless about taking these channels down. some of the stuff in the article was already DMCA'd but a lot still remains with copyright'd characters.

they are, but a ton of them are tiny little channels that are hard to find, using knockoff models and music so it won't be immediately caught by automated scanning.

and it's not like you can just preemptively block everything that says "spiderman" or "mickey mouse" or whatever in the titles, because a lot of that is going to be "legit" content of someone playing a licensed game or w/e

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

flakeloaf posted:

HOOOOOOOOOONK

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKIGN

Autohonked again.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

i just never actually pick up unless i recognize the number, cuz if you pick up (even to hang up immediately) it shows them that there's a person there and they just double down on everything.

if it's actually real and important they can leave a message (which the bots never, ever do)

if you click the wheel on your watch it shuts off the ringer and the call eventually goes to voicemail

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

My irritation is the call forwarding to my laptop thing only gives me the option to decline or answer, not mute. And the ring through mutes whatever music I was listening to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i'd finally stopped getting these calls but i am job hunting and picked up one from my area code and started getting them again. they usually call for a couple weeks then it dies off after a couple weeks of sending everything to voicemail

• Locked thread