Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m weirdly unexpected news James Franco is developing a Multiple Man movie with Fox

http://deadline.com/2017/11/james-franco-multiple-man-simon-kinberg-wonder-woman-allan-heinberg-fox-marvel-hero-1202209591/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He'd make a good Jamie. I'm down for this happening.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like Matthew Vaughan is set to direct it.

Weird that they’re doing this and not just X-factor.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I'm interested, but this has the same lingering question as any other solo x-man film: "Is there enough material to make a 90 minute movie out of Multiple Man?"

As far as existing stories, I'm going to say no. But, making a movie about a guy who can split into independent sentient clones whenever he gets hit could be a lot of fun. Would not surprise me if the villain of such a story was a clone who never got reabsorbed from an earlier split. They basically did this on a previous season of Flash, and that show is great if only for embracing the stupidity of comic book stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to guess you're not a writer if you can't figure out how to make a 90-minute movie out of "detective who can generate clones of himself at will"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just dub over Multiplicity. Franco's an arty guy. He'd be into it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dacap posted:

It could be like the miniseries and lead into the x-factor movie.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

CzarChasm posted:

I'm interested, but this has the same lingering question as any other solo x-man film: "Is there enough material to make a 90 minute movie out of Multiple Man?"

As far as existing stories, I'm going to say no. But, making a movie about a guy who can split into independent sentient clones whenever he gets hit could be a lot of fun. Would not surprise me if the villain of such a story was a clone who never got reabsorbed from an earlier split. They basically did this on a previous season of Flash, and that show is great if only for embracing the stupidity of comic book stuff.

I’m guessing you haven’t actually read any PAD X-factor with Madrox in it.

They HAVE to do this as detective noir... Franco is the perfect Madrox as detective.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Isn't there a story where Madrox has a son but it turns out to be a clone or something?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Isn't there a story where Madrox has a son but it turns out to be a clone or something?

The story revealed the baby was a dupe and he absorbed it as the father was also a dupe.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yup.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Factor_Vol_3_39

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One James Franco is already too many.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CzarChasm posted:

I hope the rock you live under gets Orphan Black someday.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

One James Franco is already too many.

Not if you watch The Deuce.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Even the Madrox 4 issue mini could be punched up to a light feature length genre film like ant man or the like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arist posted:

Not if you watch The Deuce.

Buddy I've seen that deucebag in plenty of stuff.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Based upon the Deuce and other things he’s been in, while I think he’s make a decent Jamie, he could’ve been a PERFECT smarmy, douchey Quicksilver from PAD’s run, IMO. Evan Peters is already pretty great though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ojjeorago posted:

I hope the rock you live under gets Orphan Black someday.

I'm watching that show now (only just finished the first season), and that doesn't seem to apply. Those clones all split off while young and lived their whole lives in different situations. Maddox's power splits them off as clones in body and mind as he generates them. The closest thing for Maddox is the one clone that splits off and lives his life as a pastor.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dacap posted:

A Madrox solo movie leading into an X-Factor movie. :unsmigghh:

I would totally be down for an adaptation of the PAD/Raimondi Madrox mini-series. It's got a great hook, and a noir-ish superhero film would be great to see.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dacap posted:

I’m weirdly unexpected news James Franco is developing a Multiple Man movie with Fox

You ARE really unexpected news.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Endless Mike posted:

I'm going to guess you're not a writer if you can't figure out how to make a 90-minute movie out of "detective who can generate clones of himself at will"

All I know offhand, is that he shouldn’t use his powers during the entire climax of the movie, just long enough for the audience to not be immediately thinking of it, and then get killed by the villain only to reveal that it was a clone.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/931325744667680768

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:negative:

For context, that screencap is from the scene where Clark asks Bruce "Tell me something, do you bleed?!" after being revived by a mother box.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:v:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 17, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh. Oh.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
His nose has a butt.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I could go on forever...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda wanna watch Justice League now.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Real talk, movie was not as bad as I was expecting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Loser_Rex posted:

Real talk, movie was not as bad as I was expecting.

Was the above CG on Cavill's face more or less noticeable in motion to you? A lot of people on twitter seem to be saying it's not that bad.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

This film is gonna be great :)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
RT's aggregation of Justice League reviews went up on the site.

37% :bravo:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I would like a DC movie where the bad guy wasnt a hulking uncanny valley with too many close ups

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

poly and open-minded posted:

I would like a DC movie where the bad guy wasnt a hulking uncanny valley with too many close ups

How about a British guy with a mustache?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

teagone posted:

Was the above CG on Cavill's face more or less noticeable in motion to you? A lot of people on twitter seem to be saying it's not that bad.

I saw it. It's real bad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Remember that awesome Justice League story with Steppenwolf as the villain?

They should have used Starro.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I saw it. It's real bad.

Yeah, I honestly thought it was a joke when blogs started to pick up that Henry couldn't shave his stache for the reshoots lol. Only until the press junkets started and Henry confirmed that he had to wax his mustache up above his lip and had motion capture dots on his face I was all like oh noooooo...

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Jamesman posted:

RT's aggregation of Justice League reviews went up on the site.

37% :bravo:

That's lower than I would have thought. There were a sizeable amount of positive reviews early on.

But hey, better than Academy Award winning Suicide Squad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I love how for all the whinging about Disney paying off critics or them being biased against them, the only real clear conflict of interest regarding reviews is Warner Bros., who freaking owns RT, stringing along the reveal of the review average in order to keep it from interfering with the movie's opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Open Marriage Night posted:

Remember that awesome Justice League story with Steppenwolf as the villain?

They should have used Starro.

I still voted for Paula Dean as Granny Goodness.

• Locked thread