Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Chris Hero: Cool and good wrestler
Scott Steiner: Roided up douchebag.

Really makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think the derision for Hero's weight comes from the fact that he makes no attempt to hide it whatsoever. Kevin Owens also has a chubby dad bod, but he hides it fairly well with the loose-fitting shirts and gym shorts, rarely drawing attention to it while being pushed as a main eventer. Other fat guys just get "fat guy" as the gimmick and that's that.

Meanwhile, Kassius Ohno is out there in loving skin-tight jerseys and tiny trunks and looking like a giant adult baby ... while still trying to be a serious wrestler, which creates one hell of a tonal dissonance. I mean, it's great and all, because we love Hero for having no shame and letting it all hang out. But in a WWE environment, it's not hard to see why that's holding him back.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 17, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No that's stupid. Wwe putting him in the jersey was a dumb idea. In PWG he was letting it all hang out and he was loving great. Hero is legit one of the absolute best wrestlers in that whole company.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

No that's stupid. Wwe putting him in the jersey was a dumb idea. In PWG he was letting it all hang out and he was loving great. Hero is legit one of the absolute best wrestlers in that whole company.

I thought the jersey was his idea?

Anyway, of course I'm not disputing his talent -- everybody knows he's loving awesome, that's why there were initial rumors they wanted to bring him back as a trainer. I'm just saying there are very obvious (kinda dumb but still obvious) reasons why he's not getting a big push.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It's not that he's not getting huge pushes it's that he hasn't had a singles match on a takeover once until this Saturday. That's loving crazy to me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

It's not that he's not getting huge pushes it's that he hasn't had a singles match on a takeover once until this Saturday. That's loving crazy to me.

I know :sigh:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like I'm fine with hero being a enhancement guy. That was pretty much his role in PWG. If they wanted a new dude to get over they would have Hero wrestle them. That's pretty much how speedball became a PWG main eventer in like 2 shows.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

Like I'm fine with hero being a enhancement guy. That was pretty much his role in PWG. If they wanted a new dude to get over they would have Hero wrestle them. That's pretty much how speedball became a PWG main eventer in like 2 shows.

It seemed like they were heading this route when he feuded with Itami, who badly needed a signature win after turning heel. But then he beat Itami in the blowoff and both guys disappeared from TV so :shrug:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Ohhhhh no no no no

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I really doubt WWE are the ones who decided to dress him like that. It's probably the worst possible way he could be dressed though

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I really doubt WWE are the ones who decided to dress him like that. It's probably the worst possible way he could be dressed though

Why would you doubt that wwe would make a bad decision?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Why would you doubt that wwe would make a bad decision?

I don't have an answer for that. Have this instead

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm actually just confused how Hero can weigh so much but still have the cardio of an olympic athlete.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

You can have decent/good cardio and still look like a garbage bag.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

They had Nia Jax debut in gear that made her look like she'd been vacuum packed into a Victorian-era hot air balloon.

WWE can't dress big people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

They had Nia Jax debut in gear that made her look like she'd been vacuum packed into a Victorian-era hot air balloon.

WWE can't dress big people.

Look at Abbey Laith too.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I don't think anyone's saying he should turn into Rick Rude but at least don't dress like the fat kid in gym class who hasn't bought a new shirt since before puberty

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jinder mahal is a no talent piece of poo poo

gold sexy boy was a good poster, i will mis him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not good to be fat.

It's okay if you want to be fat, but it's not good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VJeff posted:

Chris Hero: Cool and good wrestler
Scott Steiner: Roided up douchebag.

Really makes you think.

IDGI both these guys are cool and good.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Andrast posted:

He's fat

He isn't nearly fat enough and therefore deserves ridicule.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine thinking Scott Steiner wasn't badass. Smh at this forum.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Imagine thinking Scott Steiner wasn't badass. Smh at this forum.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

As long as he's healthy and happy, I wish Hero well. It'll be a shame if he never gets a WWE RAW or SDL run, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leisurely jog maybe.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RealFoxy posted:

I'm actually just confused how Hero can weigh so much but still have the cardio of an olympic athlete.

You can have good cardio, it’s just that your joints will deteriorate even faster if you’re not working a Kane style

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Anyway

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Smh at this forum’s fat shaming

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I bet half the people making fun of Hero would look worse in the same ring gear

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This is a good excuse to point out the Kings of Wrestling Super High Five is the best movie in the business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gN-77xrKWw (start 24 seconds in or so)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hero's problem/appeal is totally that he looks like a guy who put on weight and didn't buy new clothes because he doesn't want to admit to himself he's fat now.

That and we remember and were used to him being not fat so you're always going to notice a guy who put on weight more than a guy who was just fat when you met him.

Basically he's Fat Mac.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh hey 30 posts in the spoiler thread, wonder what's going on this weekend...

Goddammit, it's not a spoiler that Ohno is fat!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, he IS wearing a shirt. Its 2017. We can't just assume all adults posses object permanence anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I mean yeah it would be all baggy and like reach my knees.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Yep which is exactly why I don’t wear it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I like Chris hero specifically because he looks like the taller, fatter older brother I never had thank you very much

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The shirt is bad because it hides too much of His beautiful form

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He's got that thing going on like when a fat kid wears a shirt into the pool and it looks 10x worse than if he just didn't wear one and call attention to himself with it

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I like that in WWE 2K18 you can clearly see his gut beneath his jersey when he's on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm interested in a big belley