Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Rampage coming out 4/20 is really ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Codependent Poster posted:

A prequel for all the apostles before Jesus recruits them for the Apostle Initiative.

Samuel L Jackson plays Jesus. "I'm sick of all these mother fuckin' money lenders in my mother fuckin' temple!"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Samuel L Jackson plays Jesus. "I'm sick of all these mother fuckin' money lenders in my mother fuckin' temple!"

Samuel L is God

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

Samuel L is God

Just sign them all up for a movie as the exact same characters, that would be amazing

quote:

Members of this cast include Blair Underwood as Jesus, Samuel L. Jackson and Paul Adefarasin as God, Kirk Franklin as Simon Peter, Angela Bassett, Dule Hill, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Denzel Washington and Pauletta Washington in the Song of Songs, LL Cool J as Samson, Eartha Kitt as the Serpent, Bishop T.D. Jakes as Abraham, and Bishop Eddie L. Long as Joel.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

They don't want to alienate the Christian vampires demo.

Does Anne Rice still write?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Deeply religious vampires are actually a pretty common thing. There's even a Catholic vampire superhero.

The Rampage movie seems odd with mutated animals rather than humans, but maybe it's because people will be more empathetic to animals than people turning into monsters that eat people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Inescapable Duck posted:

Deeply religious vampires are actually a pretty common thing. There's even a Catholic vampire superhero.

The Rampage movie seems odd with mutated animals rather than humans, but maybe it's because people will be more empathetic to animals than people turning into monsters that eat people.

It's based on a game about mutated animals

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think the more Kaiju films the better to be honest. Even it's a loose adaptation of some old games, the more giant monster movies made, the better chances of movies with fresh takes on the genre have. You couldn't have Shin Godzilla without a bunch of other movies preceding it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

It's based on a game about mutated animals

I've played Rampage, and mea culpa, I don't remember if this is true or false, but according to other people on this forum when you die in the game you turn back into a tiny human, indicating the monsters are mutated humans. It would explain the increased anthropomorphism of the wolf and lizard character in the game compared to the movie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just sign them all up for a movie as the exact same characters, that would be amazing

All the actors who have depicted God in one movie. Sam Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Javier B, Alanis M, all of them

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

I've played Rampage, and mea culpa, I don't remember if this is true or false, but according to other people on this forum when you die in the game you turn back into a tiny human, indicating the monsters are mutated humans. It would explain the increased anthropomorphism of the wolf and lizard character in the game compared to the movie.

I was actually thinking about Primal Rage this whole time. I swore it was the same thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

All the actors who have depicted God in one movie. Sam Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Javier B, Alanis M, all of them

This, but the movie is basically 12 Angry Men mixed with No Exit

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MisterBibs posted:

A Quiet Place just got a teaser, and it seems pretty interesting.

If they go the boring-rear end "the things hunting them are just humans and humanity is the real bad guy" route, I'm gonna be pissed, though.

They look to be walking on salt, which is used traditionally to ward off various supernatural baddies.

I thought Fantastic Beasts was going to be terrible until I watched it on a plane and liked it more than any of the HP movies proper.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ya u turn into a nude person who covers their private parts & bashfully sidesteps off the screen...it's vital part of the lore.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Funny how some funny poo poo they probably programmed after hours in 1986 is now a vital part of cultural canon

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hat Thoughts posted:

Ya u turn into a nude person who covers their private parts & bashfully sidesteps off the screen...it's vital part of the lore.

The three original monsters all had little backstories: George the ape was a scientist who got mutated by experimental vitamins, Lizzie the lizard monster was a young woman who swam in a lake that had radioactive waste, Ralph the werewolf was mutated by a food additive in a hot dog.

Later games had up to 40 different monsters.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean the 'giant animals rampaging through a city' part is obviously a fine excuse to use the name. And I can see the Rock being buddies with a gorilla.

The games have a pretty cartoonishly macabre style of humour similar to GTA, where you score points and/or regain health from eating innocent bystanders (and their food) and actively seek to cause as much destruction as possible, maybe coincidentally fighting aliens/an evil corporation in the process. So a more faithful adaptation probably wouldn't be a great idea.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm never getting my Carmageddon movie, am I?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Len posted:

Samuel L is God

Same thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
In the latest "TV series based on movies" news, classic Reitman/Murray/Ramis comedy Stripes is being developed by Reitman and the Whitest Kids U Know crew for CBS.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/stripes-series-cbs-1202617011/

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beachcomber posted:

I'm never getting my Carmageddon movie, am I?

Fury Road?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i will say that the entire trend of cinematic universes is retroactively justified if Rampage being successful means I get 2 see The Rock take on Sinistar.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

precision posted:

The Biblical Cinematic Universe

This will happen.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

lelandjs posted:

Fury Road?

Fury road is good, but there's no pedestrians and no points.

Death race 2000 was close, but it's not urban enough.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Rock is gonna ride that giant ape, right?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hat Thoughts posted:

Would probably be a bit of a weird ending to the movie if it ended with the de-monsterized people getting labeled as sex offenders, so I can see why they just made them big animals.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just hope that they don't make a new tie-in game for Rapage, re-release the arcade classic on all systems :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beachcomber posted:

They look to be walking on salt, which is used traditionally to ward off various supernatural baddies.

I think it's sand to dampen their foodsteps in the woods outside. The hallway floor has painted spots probably cause the floorboards creak & the painted spots are safe to walk on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I just hope that they don't make a new tie-in game for Rapage, re-release the arcade classic on all systems :colbert:

Studios and developers haven't made real tie-in games for years now probably since they're not very economical anymore. Most of the time they're simple free mobile games. Sometimes you get a game like EA Battlefront 2 but it was developed as a separate product and any connection to The Last Jedi is not really emphasized.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The MSJ posted:

Studios and developers haven't made real tie-in games for years now probably since they're not very economical anymore. Most of the time they're simple free mobile games. Sometimes you get a game like EA Battlefront 2 but it was developed as a separate product and any connection to The Last Jedi is not really emphasized.

I just want Rampage on my PS4 in all it's 8 bit glory

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I heard that, of all things, the tie in game for The Mummy
2017 (The Mummy Demastered) was pretty decent, mostly because the development just went "Hey you guys liked Metroid, right? Here's another one only with one or two characters from our lovely movie!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 17, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

There was a free Android/iPhone tie-in game for Gods Of Egypt. It played like an extremely low-rent God Of War game.

Apparently the Mummy Demastered game is basically a tie-in in name only and contains almost no traces of the movie outside of a few likenesses - excluding Tom Cruise, because of mysterious [scientologist] reasons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I just want Rampage on my PS4 in all it's 8 bit glory

I thought for sure it was already on there, but I guess not. I'm certain WB will get it ported over when the movie is closer to release.

There's a surprising amount of arcade games on PS4.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
And then there's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows: Smash And Dash game ....

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtlesmovie.com/_apps/smash-and-dash/uk/

H'okayyyyyyyyyyyy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

wow that's less fun than the built-in dinosaur jump game that Chrome gives you to play when there's no internet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I remember in the early part of the 00's a lot of the tie in games ended up just being games that were independently in production that the studios would just throw money at to make into a tie-in.

I miss those days.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

well why not posted:

wow that's less fun than the built-in dinosaur jump game that Chrome gives you to play when there's no internet.

If you're familiar with Muscle March it's slightly more fun but only for the "Holy poo poo, did they just not tell the studio that they made a cheap rip off of a weird Japanese bodybuilder butt wiggle game???" factor

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The MSJ posted:

The Mummy Demastered rules and its a tie in game for the tom cruise movie

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

got any sevens posted:

Does Anne Rice still write?

You bet your rear end she does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

well why not posted:

Rampage coming out 4/20 is really ideal

Super troopers 2 is releasing the same day and it's going to be devouring the stoner comedy crowd.

• Locked thread