Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
"G-Reco's designs wouldn't work" is a hell of a take in a series where Cybuster exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I also am anxious for the next SRW but I also wouldn’t mind another Super Heroes Generation or Lost Heroes. Especially if they get translated.

I was really hoping City Shrouded in Shadow would be solid but reviews seem pretty mediocre.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Give me a Kaiju SRW.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MechaX posted:

I have played a fair amount of SRW over the years, and I honestly cannot remember this being nearly as prevalent as it is in Moon Dwellers, like ever. At least in some of the other titles, "Reduce unit to [x] without killing it" is reserved to boss/boss-ish units where you can kind of just ballpark big attacks and be fine due to massive HP pools. But grunt units? Nah, keep that poo poo to Kira Yamato (which is funny because the last time I remember having to use Mercy was on some SR Point back in Z1 in which Kira's assistance was greatly appreciated).

In OGG, you had to reduce four regular-rear end Bartolls to under 10% HP to save the pilots inside. Basically it was a job for Ryoto and Rishu. I mean, Sean knows Mercy, but in a game where Mercy only works if your skill stat outranks the enemy's skill stat, there is no world in which Lefina can benefit from Mercy against a Bartoll that uses Latune's stats.

If we're on the topic of pet peeves, though... When I played Moon Dwellers, I was appalled at that one GC upgrade stage where you had to protect the jets from suiciding into the boss. "This is the worst it's ever been!", I thought to myself.

Then over the course of playing 2nd OG again I realized that I'd just blocked out my memories of MP Huckebein Mk. IIs suiciding on those plant things in stage 18.

Then I remembered the similar stage in OG2... :argh:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Gimmie a not so super robot wars with smaller units and power armors. Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost in the shell, Dominion Tank Police... Sgt Frog? I'm sure they could cook up something considering the Super Heroine Chronicle exists.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

Gimmie a not so super robot wars with smaller units and power armors. Bubblegum Crisis, Ghost in the shell, Dominion Tank Police... Sgt Frog? I'm sure they could cook up something considering the Super Heroine Chronicle exists.

Play Super Robot Wars Neo. It has a bunch of super tiny robots including Iron Leaguer where every single unit is literally child-sized.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Voltron would be cool.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hokuto posted:

In OGG, you had to reduce four regular-rear end Bartolls to under 10% HP to save the pilots inside. Basically it was a job for Ryoto and Rishu. I mean, Sean knows Mercy, but in a game where Mercy only works if your skill stat outranks the enemy's skill stat, there is no world in which Lefina can benefit from Mercy against a Bartoll that uses Latune's stats.

If we're on the topic of pet peeves, though... When I played Moon Dwellers, I was appalled at that one GC upgrade stage where you had to protect the jets from suiciding into the boss. "This is the worst it's ever been!", I thought to myself.

Then over the course of playing 2nd OG again I realized that I'd just blocked out my memories of MP Huckebein Mk. IIs suiciding on those plant things in stage 18.

Then I remembered the similar stage in OG2... :argh:

I figured out the trick to that stage 18! You pair up RIshu + Raul, use Raul's Confuse twin command and then split up and do whatever. It only took me 4 playthrough to understand the trick and not just think that SR point is RNG bullshit. I'm good and smart. At least the MD npcs take a few turns to decide they're gonna die and defend/dodge though until turn 3 I think.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

New Voltron would be cool.

They even have a ship and multiple, distinct attacks for the lions when not combined, that would be pretty amazing.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
100 Foot Robot Golf. Not even joking, I want a game where about a half dozen of your world-saving heroes are rich, out-of-touch thrillseekers with no sense of scale.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
A Super Robot Wars where all the characters are robots or androids and they just fight it out themselves without any big suits. Astro Boy would be the Mazinger stand-in.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Rom Stol would still fit in that SRW. I'm okay with this.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So long as I got KOS-MOS, T-Elos, and maybe even Emeralda if they can wrangle it. Oh and it'd be nice to maybe have MMX in there too.

Actually poo poo I'm just starting to describe PXZ.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Super Posthumanism Wars

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Getsuya posted:

Super Posthumanism Wars
Wasn't that literally the end of Z3-2?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I just want Patlabor to get a chance in an actually worthwhile game. Is that too much to ask? :eng99:

Oh, and Vandread and MKR and GO WITH ME EXKAISER.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

I just want Patlabor to get a chance in an actually worthwhile game. Is that too much to ask? :eng99:

Oh, and Vandread and MKR and GO WITH ME EXKAISER.

Vandread would be pretty cool.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Patlabor and J-Decker in the same SRW game. It'll be great.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Patlabor and J-Decker in the same SRW game. It'll be great.

I like the way you think.

And, actually, give me a way to cross over the Vandread and Cross Ange plotlines.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

*Bangs fork and knife into table* I WANT ESCAFLOWNE! I WANT ESCAFLOWNE!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

sword quick slash 1500
sword heavy slash 3000
sword really heavy slash!! 5000

The enemy units can have more variety though.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Escaflowne, MKR and Gundam Wing. Super Bishounen Wars.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

sword quick slash 1500
sword heavy slash 3000
sword really heavy slash!! 5000

The enemy units can have more variety though.

You joke but in Compact 3 Escaflowne has exactly 2 attacks for the entire game. It goes up to three if you count the one attack it has in dragon form.

That game was the most :effort: SRW I ever played.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have some series with the smaller/less interesting robots present but like they are just doing heavy lifting tasks and whatnot onboard the main spaceship. Moving boxes of Mazinger parts around, etc.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I want an SRW where like the Gundam villains drop a colony and everything goes to hell and then everyone sits back, goes 'Oh crap that was really bad, humanity really needs to just rebuild and stop fighting' and then the rest is a simulation game where you use the robots to help with reconstruction and supply projects and the goal is to get human society back on its feet. At the end the good and bad guys all get together in a new, green Earth and share glasses of juice as they watch the sunset.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Wasn't that the plot of SRWV?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That's pretty much why Jerid and Yazan join you, yeah.

My wishlist for Super Robot Wars is: yes please.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just want another SRW. :smith:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Honestly, I'd like some more villains as secret characters, but villains they rarely or never make secrets, like Cima, who has never been one. Apart from that, I just want a SRW with series I like.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
If Iczer-1 works, they should do something like Guyver next.

I mean, Gigantic is pretty much a mech, it counts.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If Iczer and Cyborg Guy Shishioh can work then Guyver with Gigantic form as a will powerup would be rad. Let us use Rom Stoll on foot too. Something like the VOTOMs stage in Z2 where you can only bring medium units, but S or SS only with a game with enough of them would be rad. Chirico on foot with his magnum, Suzaku spinning and all the various other real good fight boys having a tiny man Fire Emblem time. Promote Ryoma from Soccer Boy to Getter Warrior.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

EthanSteele posted:

all the various other real good fight boys having a tiny man Fire Emblem time. Promote Ryoma from Soccer Boy to Getter Warrior.

I lost it at this, this is perfect

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want R-Type to make it in, because I think the BYDO would make a really good HOLY poo poo-level threat.

Yamato got in, it's possible!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want R-Type to make it in, because I think the BYDO would make a really good HOLY poo poo-level threat.

Only if there's a bad end where Kamille runs into Nomemayer and gets turned into Bydo System Zeta.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Inferno-sama posted:

Honestly, I'd like some more villains as secret characters, but villains they rarely or never make secrets, like Cima, who has never been one. Apart from that, I just want a SRW with series I like.

Along these lines, I'd like more quasi-originals or what TV tropes calls "Ascended Extras." Getter Queen or Relena Peacecraft as a ship captain.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

BYDO is pretty much the ELS done right in a sense. Thinking about it, has the BYDO even been completely defeated in the R-Type series?

Every time they try some "OPERATION FINAL ATTACK" kind of plan, the BYDO come back and things manage to get even worse.

If not... put it in SRW so it'll be a first!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MechaX posted:

BYDO is pretty much the ELS done right in a sense. Thinking about it, has the BYDO even been completely defeated in the R-Type series?

Yes, in (appropriately enough) R-Type Final, although there is some ambiguity from on how the multiple endings relate to one another.

It's also unclear how the strategy games relate to the STGs. They may have separate continuities.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 17, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Operation: Bitter Chocolate got fan translated. I still haven't finished the first game though, they are pretty hard.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Yes, in (appropriately enough) R-Type Final, although there is some ambiguity from on how the multiple endings relate to one another.

It's also unclear how the strategy games relate to the STGs. They may have separate continuities.

Yeah, I was not sure how Final factored in because I always thought the PSP games were in the same continuity (and good God do things get worse in those games), and.. well, one of the Final endings pulls some time Loop shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
2nd OG stream getting started shortly!

Edit: Stream done, the war on Christmas is over and Christmas is dead

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 19, 2017

• Locked thread