Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Welcome Back to Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Okay, what's wrong with Matthews? I thought 4 days off would be long enough :ohdear:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/931355027322671106

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Riley Sheahan has scored a goal. It was an empty net goal.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

drat how is Cam Atkinson 28?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Testing important message.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

N: Habs give Coyotes their first regulation win of the season
V: This was to be expected

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
5 straight wins, 15-2-2 record, I can't believe this season so far.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nice payday for a 6th rounder. I was always jealous of Detroit's ability to find diamonds in the rough in the later rounds, yet Columbus eventually did that themselves with easily a perennial 25 goal scorer in Atkinson and a steady defensive forward good for 10 goals a year in Calvert.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He is awesome but I don't believe for a second that he will be worth that contact the whole way through. He's just too small. Someone will break him before then

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He is awesome but I don't believe for a second that he will be worth that contact the whole way through. He's just too small. Someone will break him before then

He's got almost 400 games and hasn't missed more than 4 games in his 4 full nhl seasons, I think he's got it decently figured out.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Good for cam, I was hoping the Rangers would bring him home.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Wonderllama playoff posts are coming

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EvgeniMaIkinEgo/status/931358416148279296

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

how absurd, the empty net has a better SV% how dare you slander its good name

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Smaller players are usually quite durable. Guys who are 5'8" generally aren't going to make the NHL unless their conditioning is great, and they more often have to avoid huge hits rather than absorb them.

Then again, there's Mike Cammalleri, who was healthy all but one season up to age 27, and has missed a lot of games consistently since then.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

Smaller players are usually quite durable. Guys who are 5'8" generally aren't going to make the NHL unless their conditioning is great, and they more often have to avoid huge hits rather than absorb them.

Then again, there's Mike Cammalleri, who was healthy all but one season up to age 27, and has missed a lot of games consistently since then.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
The Avs' top line had 12 points tonight.

It was a good win and this team seems fun to watch. :)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It helps to have literal tree trunks as legs.

e: Matt Murray is pretty good:

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 17, 2017

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
5'8" check
Greenwich, Connecticut check
Coincidence???

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sad that barry trotz is going to be fired because heck I still like the guy

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/status/931373247060254720

:rip:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jesus loving christ Gudas what the were you doing.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

grack posted:

Jesus loving christ Gudas what the were you doing.

For those who weren't watching, it was this:

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/931336610024747008

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

It's nice hearing names like Fraser, Smid, Stortini, Whitney and Peckham again after so long.

Did I say nice because holy poo poo I never want to think about any of those losers ever again. I think I can safely assume we finished last in the league whatever year that was.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

FBS posted:

He literally tried to decapitate him with a hockey stick?!?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys, I'm starting to think the Dallas Stars still aren't any good yet.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

romanowski posted:

I'm sad that barry trotz is going to be fired because heck I still like the guy

When every single important player (besides Holtby) is underperforming it’s probably time for the coach to go. Their record isn’t terrible but that’s just because Holtby has stolen some games.

I like the guy too but I think he’s lost the team. Getting embarrassed 6-2 by Colorado shouldn’t happen with the level of talent on the team.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps looked like dogshit. Defense was flailing all over the place and that one Kuznetsov/Oshie goal should be the rule, not the exception.

Seriously though, what are they even doing here?

https://twitter.com/Avs__Gifs/status/931353927873900545

marioinblack posted:

5 straight wins, 15-2-2 record, I can't believe this season so far.

The Tampa Bay Lightning are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Trotz is not a bad coach, he’s just one who requires a certain type of player, who plays a certain way, and he has no ability to deviate from that. The Capitals are not a “Trotz” team. Square peg, round hole. They’re absolutely not as good a team as the previous two seasons, but they still have a talented playoff caliber roster who shouldn’t be struggling like they are.

It looks like the last days of the Oates or Boudreau era out there. Confusion on the ice, poorly defined roles, suboptimal line combinations, players placed in situations where they cannot maximize their skill set and cannot succeed.

I don’t know who they’ll turn to, the available pool at the moment is not great (I wanted Laviolette back when they hired Trotz personally), but it becomes more obvious with each passing day, even as an outside observer, that the situation with Trotz is untenable.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

This_guy_scored.gif

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Caps had a lot of roster turnover and the team is worse (although still above average), they're going through a rough patch for the first time in like four years, and it would be extremely funny if they fire one of the best coaches in the league as a panic move.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
how are the oilers as bad as the oilers are?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

No depth and bad goaltending

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

bewbies posted:

Patrick Maroon is a top-5 forward on that team

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FBS posted:

Jesus christ, Gudas. Any time I get to a point where he's doing well enough that I forget that he's a huge fuckin' shithead, he does some poo poo like this again. Holy poo poo. How did he only get 5 games for this?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

one of the best coaches in the league

What makes Trotz this? (not a disingenuous question)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Jesus christ, Gudas. Any time I get to a point where he's doing well enough that I forget that he's a huge fuckin' shithead, he does some poo poo like this again. Holy poo poo. How did he only get 5 games for this?

He got 5 minutes+ejection, and the refs hosed up the handling of enforcing it. They sent him for 2 minutes for slashing, then just before the faceoff looked up at the jumbotron replay and then gave him the 5+game. I don't think the league's reviewed it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Another important message.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread