Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My favorite store griefing is still aggroing the gun shop clerk. Best is just riding your bicycle through the front door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

When you're in the barber shop interacting with its "store", you and the hairstylist are god-moded, so I like to go get a haircut if I see a war zone in the city. Some people will waste thousands in explosives trying to kill me and get very mad about it. It's sort of reverse-griefing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can use the batmobile boost as a car launcher on ramps.

You can get a mini drat near into the middle of the airport from the ramps in the parking lot. It's incredibly powerful.

The boost also refills so quickly that even supercars feel slow now.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hugh Malone posted:

Ok, you gotta use the thermal helmet for it to work thru stuff

https://youtu.be/tWA5ny2WqEY

Nah, I've done it with the thermal scope on the heavy sniper. It even shot through a wall not 5 yards in front of me to hit a dude on his yacht doing defense. It's not 100% though, it's fairly spotty.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vehicle boost doesn't launch other vehicles anymore but there are still godmode idiots with explosive bullets everywhere.

gently caress this stupid game.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I never see hackers on the PS4.

If you're playing GTAV on PC I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a hacker aint one.

Just play RP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

If you're playing GTAV on PC I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a hacker aint one.

Just play RP

I bet 98 of those problems is that the game tops out at $300k an hour and all the good stuff is $3 million

The 99th is 22 frames per second.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
problem 97: spending millions of dollars on a piece of poo poo that can only shoot 8 rockets.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

problem 97: spending millions of dollars on a piece of poo poo that can only shoot 8 rockets.

problem 96: spending $3m on a biker business only to have the payout cut
Problem 95: cannot connect to GTA online, returning you to GTA V
Problem 94: stuck in the cloud
Problem 93: 13 year old noticed i had a female character, asked to see my boobs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I roleplay as a translucent ghost who follows people around and smashes their car when they get out of it

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

a bone to pick posted:

I've seen cars in a race magically auto-correct whenever they go off the road, really feels like a hacker unless it's super-lag :iiam:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

I bet 98 of those problems is that the game tops out at $300k an hour and all the good stuff is $3 million

Yeah there's no way to get $$$ on console

But yeah, problem 99. Struggle is real

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I guess the boost launch still works, just doesn't work for everybody all the time. It's super fucky. I went nuts on a whole session this morning for nothing. Oops :shrug:

https://streamable.com/evacb
https://streamable.com/vlqbz

This works with any ramp in the game. One of the dudes doing it couldn't launch anybody, another one couldn't be launched, it's weird as all hell.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://i.imgur.com/s2y0is8.mp4

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Powershift posted:

Problem 93: 13 year old noticed i had a female character, asked to see my boobs.

That's how I got my yacht, modders see a woman player character running around and here comes the money bags :haw:

I wish I could sell it

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My female character is rank 550 now so they just assume I'm the modder >.>

I was complaining about the Bunker sale with Merryweather attacking the drops before, but it turns out you can tow the flak trailer with that thing. It one-shots the enemy Insurgents. It's amazing.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

FuturePastNow posted:

I know that feel :smith:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FuturePastNow posted:

I was complaining about the Bunker sale with Merryweather attacking the drops before, but it turns out you can tow the flak trailer with that thing. It one-shots the enemy Insurgents. It's amazing.

Yup! Can vouch for the one-shot... I had a buddy on the trailer for that sale. I left him at the drop to go kill a straggler, and when I returned he thought I was an enemy insurgent.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh, cool! They've added the dogfight mode I've always wanted!

Unfortunately, Rockstar being Rockstar, the winning strategy is to turn around the fastest on the carrier and nail your opponent before he can take off.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Ugh, I can't sell cars that are currently on promo? Trying to get rid of my FMJ, I get an error about price data. Which I suppose is related to it being 25% off?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yep, got to wait until the sale on it ends.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Months ago I thought my weaponized Tampa was lost. Yesterday I see a post to ensure no personal vehicle is out, then request a personal vehicle from the MOC menu.

Yay my Tampa is back :)

Nay it's made of paper and keeps blowing up if I look at it wrong :(

Nay it costs me $20k in insurance when it blows up why do I even have this :geno:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Capn Beeb posted:

Nay it costs me $20k in insurance when it blows up why do I even have this :geno:

I don't understand why they had to do this for all the new vehicles. It makes me not want to drive mine out of fear I'll destroy it and it prevents me from shooting at other people's vehicles, so dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The only thing keeping oppressors and armored vehicles even remotely balanced is that you can blow them up at will.

I can't imagine how much the game would suck if you had to pay $20k to destroy an oppressor that can be called in within a few seconds of being blown up repeatedly.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oppressors do the same thing though, I have to pay $20k all the time to get oppressors to gently caress off.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

The only thing keeping oppressors and armored vehicles even remotely balanced is that you can blow them up at will.

I can't imagine how much the game would suck if you had to pay $20k to destroy an oppressor that can be called in within a few seconds of being blown up repeatedly.

On non-PC platforms, you do have to pay

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Locobono posted:

On non-PC platforms, you do have to pay

That suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

My effort strategy for oppressors is to get in the MOC rig and goad them into attacking. A single oppressor doesn't carry enough missiles to destroy it, and if they gently caress up once you can run them over and keep running them over wherever they spawn. If they climb onto something just back towards them and shoot them.

Eventually they go passive and run and get a hydra, every drat time. Then a couple pops with the heavy sniper rifle and you get called a hacker and they leave.

My non effort is just blow them up with the batmobile until they call me a hacker and leave. the missiles in the batmobile are so good you can just launch yourself off whatever and start flipping, and as soon as your seeing reticle disappears fire, and it usually gets them.

I think i found the ultimate dick move:

During that source mission all the other exits are blocked, and the building is almost like a maze so it's easy to get lost in it.

Other dumb stuff

Stuck as all hell:

How the gently caress does it find these bodies of water to destroy $20k in?

The movie crossover we all want to see:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Getting vehicles stuck? I'm good at it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Every time they give me the propeller-on-the-back plane. Every drat time.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If I could make one little change to this stupid loving game I would get rid of all those stupid little loving trees that look like bushes.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I would remove the adamantium volleyball nets

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

a bone to pick posted:

If I could make one little change to this stupid loving game I would get rid of all those stupid little loving trees that look like bushes.

git gud scrub

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

My effort strategy for oppressors is to get in the MOC

MOC is the best combat vehicle in the game bar none. Kill em' once and you're gonna go 10 and 0 unless they passive.

So last night Tesla unveiled their new Roadster. I couldn't help thinking the Cyclone release date and styling were related. Think Musk gave Rockstar forewarning?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah, Musk reached out to the Housers to personally hand deliver a gold leaf-pressed greeting card powered by one of his batteries that sings happy birthday new roadster with a paper pop-out design schematic of the single best kept secret in the world.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah, Musk reached out to the Housers to personally hand deliver a gold leaf-pressed greeting card powered by one of his batteries that sings happy birthday new roadster with a paper pop-out design schematic of the single best kept secret in the world.

You're no fun. Remember the Naboo fighter in Rogue Squadron?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Forget the Tesla Roadster, I want the Tesla Semi for the MOC.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Two questions:

Is there still an active goon presence on the PS4?

Is it futile to even play these days if I stopped playing right before heists finally came out?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That new Coil Whatsit worth anything? I read it understeers a lot but accelerates like hell.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Locobono posted:

MOC is the best combat vehicle in the game bar none. Kill em' once and you're gonna go 10 and 0 unless they passive.

Can't they just shoot you through the window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Can't they just shoot you through the window?

if you point the window at them. If you back up to them, you can still poink them in the head with the heavy revolver and they can't do poo poo but die a lot while throwing thousnds of dollars in ammo at you, or blow themselves up a bunch trying to kill you with rockets.

It's fast, too, so you can usually run over their oppressor right after they respawn it.

Locobono posted:

So last night Tesla unveiled their new Roadster. I couldn't help thinking the Cyclone release date and styling were related. Think Musk gave Rockstar forewarning?

The cyclone is pretty much 100% Rimac concept one. I doubt tesla would want anything to do with their competitor's product.

Combat Pretzel posted:

That new Coil Whatsit worth anything? I read it understeers a lot but accelerates like hell.

It's good for zipping around the city, but it's top speed suuuuuuuuucks

• Locked thread