Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who gets the second AFC wild card?
This poll is closed.
Buffalo Taylors 38 24.20%
Oakland Carrs 59 37.58%
Miami Cutlers 9 5.73%
Baltimore Flaccos 31 19.75%
New York McCowns 20 12.74%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

axeil posted:

"Whoever wins, we lose"

Kaep eating popcorn on the sidelines just enjoying the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

iospace posted:

Who wins:

Current Packers vs Current Cowboys.

this doesn't seem very tough?

Current Cowboys. Packers don't have the defense to make the Cowboys' backup LT pay for being bad, and Dak is way better than Hundley.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there's so much good in this article, i recommend everyone read it and find your favorite part

quote:

Kraft had called Goodell in the summer and, referring to the Elliott case, told the commissioner, "My guy got four games for footballs and there's still nothing on this?"

e: might change my favorite part to

quote:

The owners, though, have considered other successors. A confidant of one owner reached out to gauge whether Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, would be interested in running the NFL, to which Silver immediately said no.

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 17, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
*after 5 minutes of laughter and trying to regain his breath, he immediately said no

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

quote:

A day after Outside the Lines reported that, in an owners-only meeting in New York, Texans owner Bob McNair said, "We can't have the inmates running the prison," McNair released a statement insisting that he was referring to league executives as inmates, not the players, drawing skepticism.

I missed this the first time :lol:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

Fitz signed his 1 year extension with the cardinals, $11M.

Needs 141 catches to be #2 all-time.

Let's take a second to appreciate that a tight end is #2 all time in receptions and Fitzgerald would have to be pretty damned good to catch him if he only plays this year and next.

Ok now we can go back to saying Larry Fitzgerald is amazing.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

quote:

Jones took over a meeting about Goodell's contract, irritating his colleagues by calling himself, more than once, the "ranking owner" and adding, "I'm going to be a pain in the rear end" to committee members.

nothing but gems in that article

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/931567763805442048

I am shocked

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Well I never!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
He was just reaching for her crabs!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

“I started driving, and right away, Jameis behaved poorly” by shouting, in part, homophobic slurs at pedestrians

At what point in your life did shouting at people walking while you were driving stop being fun to do?

I feel like it was 17 at most for my group of friends.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Did he grope her with his throwing arm? He could have just been reaching for the ceiling light

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

At what point in your life did shouting at people walking while you were driving stop being fun to do?

Sober, 17. Drunk, 22.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

One time my friends and I yelled something out the car window at a couple walking on the sidewalk because they were barefoot and the lady was crushing cicada shells under her feet (this was back in ~02 when the Cicada swarm hit DC) and it was gross. The guy took a pistol out and left 2 bullet holes in my trunk and I've been pretty quiet driving since then

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fitzpatrick will never not start, it's unreal.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

fsif posted:

Fitzpatrick will never not start, it's unreal.

Did you not know he went to Harvard?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/931576442466504705

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Welp, I look forward to seeing Jameis' DUI photo.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He's in the same club as that that crazy racist lady that said stuff about muslim cabbies on twitter

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SHOAH NUFF posted:

One time my friends and I yelled something out the car window at a couple walking on the sidewalk because they were barefoot and the lady was crushing cicada shells under her feet (this was back in ~02 when the Cicada swarm hit DC) and it was gross. The guy took a pistol out and left 2 bullet holes in my trunk and I've been pretty quiet driving since then

holy poo poo

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

Fitz signed his 1 year extension with the cardinals, $11M.

Needs 141 catches to be #2 all-time.

Needs 869 yards to be #2 all-time.

Needs 8 games to be #2 consecutive games with a catch.

I'm glad Fitz is staying. :allears:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Coldforge posted:

Did you not know he went to Harvard?

Can't wait till he's working for the Browns.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/17/ha-ha-clinton-dix-says-martellus-bennett-quit-on-team-he-let-us-down/

quote:

“At the end of the day you have to think of it as a business. Me, personally? I thought he quit on us,” Clinton-Dix said Thursday, according to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal. “I don’t fault him, but I did think he quit on us. He let us down — as a teammate. For a guy that came in, of his caliber, his leadership quote-unquote, I expected more from him. I held him to a higher standard, me personally. But he handled it the way he wanted to handle it.”

Many in the Packers locker room have criticized Bennett for his handling of the situation, especially once he blasted the team and accused team physician Patrick McKenzie of persuading him to play through an injury in a series of profanity-laced Instagram posts.

Receiver Jordy Nelson recently called Bennett’s story “nonsense.” Left tackle David Bakhtiari had more colorful language, calling it “crap.”

quote:

Perhaps the biggest believer in the potential good that could come out of the Bennett saga is veteran outside linebacker Clay Matthews. Having grown up in an NFL family, Matthews was mindful of how he presented his opinion – “Not that particular situation, but in general,” Matthews said, smirking as he prefaced his statement – but made it very clear that a player quitting on the other guys in the locker room is a major no-no in team sports.

“I think it definitely has the power to galvanize a locker room. Because it shows you – especially going through difficult times – it shows you who’s in and who isn’t,” Matthews said. “We’ll obviously discover that more and more as the season goes on dealing with our starting quarterback being hurt and having a few losses. But you’re absolutely right: It brings guys together, like a refocus. It lets you know, ‘All right, get rid of the dead weight, and let’s focus on our locker room.’

“My dad, when we were growing up, he said whatever you choose to pursue in life, you see it through. I remember when I went to USC and my first training camp, I was this walk-on and had zero friends, and I came home and said, ‘I don’t want to be there anymore.’ And he said, ‘No, you signed up for this, you see it through.’

“Like when a guy’s injured, you know when guys are out there and they’re hurting and they’re not 100 percent but they’re giving it up for the guy next to them, they feel a certain sense of accountability. You love to see guys who really want to battle and fight and see it through.”

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Awwww Jameis Winston and Laura Loomer have something in common :angel:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Jerry Jones and Goodell could both take each other down that would be great please.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Jerry-Roger murder-suicide would be the most optimal outcome imho.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised it took this long for that to come out. Normally when someone famous gets banned from Uber it gets released.

He's a piece of poo poo and I'm not at all surprised it happened. I thought he'd maybe he'd fixed himself but welp

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Turns out not having to face any consequences for your actions doesn't lend itself to making much needed life changes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It's really funny how the Bucs got NONE of what they expected out of Jameis. His character problems and immaturity are still there, he hasn't been a transcendent talent despite having a bunch of great pieces around him and the bucs haven't sniffed the playoffs since he arrived. Everyone that thought they should have gone in another direction has basically been vindicated.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 17, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

incoming DUI.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where is the DUI thing coming from?

e: oh because he can't use Uber?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Where is the DUI thing coming from?

He can't use uber when he's drunk now so he'll drive himself.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am glad we chose boring Marcus and not crazy idiot Jameis

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I am glad we chose boring Marcus and not crazy idiot Jameis

Tampa made that choice for you. Now if they'd gone the other way, who knows.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Winston statement:

quote:

A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her. The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account.

I am supportive of the national movement to raise awareness and develop better responses to the concerns of parties who find themselves in these types of situations, but this accusation is false. While I am certain that I did not make any inappropriate contact, I don’t want to engage in a battle with the driver and I regret if my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable in any way.

So uh, is he claiming he was in the back seat while one of his friends molested her?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Always have a friend take the fall.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Lmao at the idea of CIRCLING THE WAGONS when you’re still starting Brett Hundley

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FizFashizzle posted:

Always have a friend take the fall.

ah yes the Patrick kane and ray Lewis defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/17/ben-mcadoo-giants-coach-locker-room

This article about McAdoo is reminding me so much about the stuff that was coming out about Jim Tomsula a couple years ago

quote:

He exists in a space between instances of actual cutting-edge coaching and the gaffes he makes in the public eye, the latter of which will almost always receive more attention. And yet, many coaches, players and agents who have worked with McAdoo describe a lovable, self-deprecating mensch, the kind of guy who still checks his kids’ math homework at the end of every work day—a good man getting eaten alive in the Big City.

quote:

From the outside looking in, that pivot seems to be something McAdoo is still working on. One former Giants player remembers an introductory meeting with McAdoo in New York where the coach just stared at him for what felt like minutes, before getting into the task at hand—an attempt, possibly, at intimidation, that was ultimately joked about. At the start of the 2017 season, McAdoo presented players with the story of an aging circus lion that, after a change of diet and vitamin regimen, became known for his reproductive vigor. McAdoo’s use of the tale as a presumed motivational ploy generated some bemused laughs.

• Locked thread