Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Reince Penis posted:

https://twitter.com/VancouverSun/status/931370132173094917

Proud boys walk into a feminist/punk bar, one gets bottled and his shirt ripped off. They're crying victim to the media.

One of the many things I don't get about Proud Boys is how whiny they are for a bunch of unapologetic male chauvinists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPHXNhcseJs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the proud boys are so loving 2016-2017 because they're that weird combo of schlubby wannabe-tough-guy office space libertarians, nazis, washed-up rockabillies and fraudsters (also these can come in some combination).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Uranium 235 posted:

punk feminist anti-fascists kicking the poo poo out of non-cumming "western chauvinist" proud boys

i would read a book of this or watch amovie or any kind of media really

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Keep in mind, this is a "gang" whose version of the red laces is beating up an antifa, and this guy went to a bar knowing he'd get his rear end kicked and now is complaining about getting into a street fight.

My interactions with proud boys leads me believe that he didn't know he'd get his rear end beat. He thought he would go into the bar and all the betas and cucks would be intimidated by his masculine power, and he'd be served because they would be too wimpy to try and throw him out. His ideal scenario, the one he hoped would happen, involves one of the patrons trying to fight him, and then him laying them out with a single punch, at which point the bar calls the cops, and a cop shows up and says "this man was defending himself, and did nothing wrong" and then forces the bar to serve him because first amendment.

These people are loving stupid as poo poo and he did not expect to get his rear end beat.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
totally

also gavin doing looney tunes-esque screeching-to-a-halt motions like wile e. coyote as he tried to steer the proud boys away from street violence after charlottesville was something to behold. poo poo got real and his money-making opportunity [selling proud boy t-shirts and subscriptions to the West Is the Best magazine (not a slogan for the Best Western hotel chain)] was in peril.

then there was the thing where they started wearing fred perry shirts, which i understand they copied from european skinheads. like they were playing at it. i'm thinking they might've underestimated the antifas they thought were a bunch of queer catgirl pushovers when a lot of the people who make up that scene come from tough, poor, working class backgrounds.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Bushiz posted:

My interactions with proud boys leads me believe that he didn't know he'd get his rear end beat. He thought he would go into the bar and all the betas and cucks would be intimidated by his masculine power, and he'd be served because they would be too wimpy to try and throw him out. His ideal scenario, the one he hoped would happen, involves one of the patrons trying to fight him, and then him laying them out with a single punch, at which point the bar calls the cops, and a cop shows up and says "this man was defending himself, and did nothing wrong" and then forces the bar to serve him because first amendment.

These people are loving stupid as poo poo and he did not expect to get his rear end beat.

I'm going to back you up here. I read a *lot* of alt right media, and what you're describing is a good sketch of the confrontational "I'm a hero" chest beating that takes place on the internet

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Did he really go to that bar wearing a Proud Boys shirt and then go to the bathroom alone?

My fighting days are way, way behind me but that's really, really dumb as gently caress. I would never, ever have done that if I was going to a bar that I knew was hostile territory. That's how you end up knifed in the kidneys and thrown into a dumpster out back.

Pepes are dumb and suburban as all hell.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Bushiz posted:

You could power a whole city grid on their heroic delusions.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
17-year-old neo-nazi: Hello I am here and ready to ensure a future for the white race!
65-year-old punk: gently caress, this poo poo again?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Admiral Ray posted:

That Ho Over There
Twitter Nazis sure love to appropriate black slang considering how much they hate actual black people.

They also love to turn everything into Nazi slang, so Liftwaffen = Nazis trying to get into shape, and Thotwaffen = Nazi sluts (or maybe "Nazi babes" is closer because I have seen girls self-ID that way).

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Neon Noodle posted:

17-year-old neo-nazi: Hello I am here and ready to ensure a future for the white race!
65-year-old punk: gently caress, this poo poo again?

I have some punk friends aged 40-60 and that's pretty much exactly their reaction

also they're a good source for old Nazi punk dogwhistles; we had a young dude working at a popular burger bar whose kitchen nickname was "oberfuhrer"- dude had a hoodie made (with his nickname in the Diablo font, lol) and someone complained; he had a plausible deniability story ready to go, but got fired after some old punks pointed out his red laces he wears every day

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wait, are old punks cool again? Shiiiiit

*starts digging in attic for my old jacket*

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

pookel posted:

Twitter Nazis white people sure love to appropriate black slang considering how much they hate actual black people.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm thinking they might've underestimated the antifas they thought were a bunch of queer catgirl pushovers when a lot of the people who make up that scene come from tough, poor, working class backgrounds.

to be fair to the skidmark gang, most of the straight & academic left thinks this as well

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pookel posted:

Twitter Nazis sure love to appropriate black slang considering how much they hate actual black people.

i clicked on baked alaskas meltdown youtube as it was happening and he was constantly going "hey fam cool of you to check in" & "oh hows it going fam" and i noped right out again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pookel posted:

It always starts out as an ironic mockery of "urban ghetto thug" culture, but just ends up becoming 100% unironic appropriation.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
uhm, i kinda grew up there and in that environment. Not every usage of slang you have been hearing your whole life i think counts as appropriation or mockery I think, context is an actual thing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bushiz posted:

There is no first amendment in Canada

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bilirubin posted:

tell that to jordan peterson

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bilirubin posted:

There is no way any of them know that.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There is no way any of them know that.

True.

lol though at them walking into that bar like that, and double lol and the disdainful, who gives a poo poo about them attitude of the staff member interviewed.

Similar would happen to them at my local, which heavily skews towards old punks and current antifa

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

sneakyfrog posted:

uhm, i kinda grew up there and in that environment. Not every usage of slang you have been hearing your whole life i think counts as appropriation or mockery I think, context is an actual thing.
You grew up among Twitter Nazis?

They also love "ironic" usage of Yiddish, stereotypically Jewish names, and Holocaust references. Getting banned or suspended from Twitter is being "gassed" or "shoah'd."

https://twitter.com/Wholesome_White/status/931019228618006528
https://twitter.com/GrnEyeBuzzard/status/931571094548631554
https://twitter.com/spiceweasel21/status/931373216269942784
https://twitter.com/KawaiiKamikaze/status/930994285994037249
https://twitter.com/Mat_Offender2/status/929064458118467588
https://twitter.com/Rw_LOVE_Squad/status/928768880847106048

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I meant I grew up in the "urban ghetto" and was like the token white guy. I suppose i could have said that better. Yeah not excusing actual nazis for using terms they shouldnt be.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/931565151576317952

quote:

Twitter isn't taking action immediately. Rather, it's given users until December 18, 2017 when it will then begin enforcing the rule. The month-long wait is due to regulations in the European Union that require companies to inform users of a new policy change 30 days prior to enforcement.

The Dec. 18 deadline also applies to using "hateful images or symbols" in profile images or profile headers. Twitter will also monitor for hate speech in usernames, display names, and profile bios.

This new rule closes a loophole that Twitter's critics had long pointed out: That known white supremacists and others affiliated with hate groups could still use the platform to send a sanitized version of their message and use their followers to bolster their overall profile.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

This will be used against weird twitter, not nazi twitter, imo.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

five bucks says that we see more people with hammers and sickles and black power fists in their avis and headers get banned than nazis

Bilirubin posted:

True.

lol though at them walking into that bar like that, and double lol and the disdainful, who gives a poo poo about them attitude of the staff member interviewed.

Similar would happen to them at my local, which heavily skews towards old punks and current antifa

I used to be a bouncer at a punk bar and the worst part of my job was stopping the bartenders from gutting any skinheads that came in.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Reince Penis posted:

https://twitter.com/VancouverSun/status/931370132173094917

Proud boys walk into a feminist/punk bar, one gets bottled and his shirt ripped off. They're crying victim to the media.

One of the many things I don't get about Proud Boys is how whiny they are for a bunch of unapologetic male chauvinists.
my fav bit is how this stupid loving townie "fearing a concussion" made the more than 2 hour journey home on the bus before going to hospital presumably because he was afraid to use the much better hospital we have downtown

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Huh.

In one way I'm glad, in another that's creepy as heck.

Bushiz posted:

I used to be a bouncer at a punk bar and the worst part of my job was stopping the bartenders from gutting any skinheads that came in.

Sharps are good dudes. But the rest you could've ground to hamburger and it would've been a net-gain for humanity.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

First they came for the frog emoji

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Wait weev is same person as the twitter guy?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bushiz posted:

five bucks says that we see more people with hammers and sickles and black power fists in their avis and headers get banned than nazis

Five bucks says the actual Nazis start sporting "ironic" hammer and sickles, black power fists, and Stars of David to get around this rule.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

I meant I grew up in the "urban ghetto" and was like the token white guy. I suppose i could have said that better. Yeah not excusing actual nazis for using terms they shouldnt be.

the context here is the only places they see or hear any of it is in rap or on the internet.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i'm thinking they might've underestimated the antifas they thought were a bunch of queer catgirl pushovers when a lot of the people who make up that scene come from tough, poor, working class backgrounds.

honestly, a non-trivial number of "queer catgirl pushovers" also grew up poor, have working class jobs/families, and learned how to fight because chuds have been loving with them their entire lives.

the stereotype of the sheltered internet activist applies to a much larger percentage of the alt-right than to the people they make fun of, like half of those dudes are exactly like paul joseph watson and are basically white-collar whites who never leave their houses after dark

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

wizard on a water slide posted:

ike half of those dudes are exactly like paul joseph watson and are basically white-collar whites who never leave their houses after dark

Virgin-proudboys-beating-in-chad.gif

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Zeroisanumber posted:

Huh.

In one way I'm glad, in another that's creepy as heck.

Sharps are good dudes. But the rest you could've ground to hamburger and it would've been a net-gain for humanity.

Tell that to the gay guy that was murdered by two SHARPs. Good folks among trads and sharps both, but bad apples too. At least nazi 'skins' are still in the minority in western countries.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/hopenothate/status/931162431564517377

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"We like to drink and fight! We won't apologize for Creating The Modern World!"
*gets in fight*
"CALL THE POLICE! IVE BEEN ASSAULTED"
*fucks off to suburbs in terror*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/sadbukharin/status/931535857173098496

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

THC posted:

"We like to drink and fight! We won't apologize for Creating The Modern World!"
*gets in fight*
"CALL THE POLICE! IVE BEEN ASSAULTED"
*fucks off to suburbs in terror*

y'all can hang up on this fifth-dimensional chess thing. never forget that a fascist cannot know if his enemy is stronger or weaker than him, because he has to truly believe it's both at once in order to function as he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!