Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers, same question. I'm available tomorrow night and some of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LanceKing2200 posted:

canyoneer did you get my steam friend request? We gotta duke it out.

I'll go check. Sorry, life has been weird for me recently

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Some Numbers, same question. I'm available tomorrow night and some of the day.

I just confirmed you. I work tomorrow night, but I'm available on Friday and Saturday morning.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Apparently a friend of mine ran this in a game last night and crushed a Scum Nym list:

quote:

- RAC w/ Kylo, Gunner, Systems Officer, Title
- Tomax Bren (TIE Bomber) w/ Extra Mun, Harpoon Missile, Harpoon Missile, Seismic Charges, Crack Shot (which Tomax gets to flip back up every turn), Guidance Chips

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Funzo posted:

Apparently a friend of mine ran this in a game last night and crushed a Scum Nym list:

How does that Tomax not just get annihilated in the first pass, a blinded pilot on the first two turns can only do so much!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

How does that Tomax not just get annihilated in the first pass, a blinded pilot on the first two turns can only do so much!

If it was a two-ship list on the other side of the table, only one ship would be shooting back. Tomax can take 2-3 good shots even without LWF.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I cannot see how 6 hull behind 2 agility ever gets to fire 4 harpoon missiles in a game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I ran the ordinance Cracken, Nym and Wedge list last night and even though I was dead tired from work and forgetting half of what the list could do it still kicked rear end. Very glad I dropped Rey for FCS on the Scurrg.

Can't believe I never flew Wedge before this. When he starts clicking it's pretty mean.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Raged posted:

I ran the ordinance Cracken, Nym and Wedge list last night and even though I was dead tired from work and forgetting half of what the list could do it still kicked rear end. Very glad I dropped Rey for FCS on the Scurrg.

Can't believe I never flew Wedge before this. When he starts clicking it's pretty mean.

I ran it last night as well in my Vassal league match. I won, but it was really close. By swapping Rey for FCS, you're giving up a fully modified Harpoon on the first engagement, but I guess TL + Chips is fine (or you just save it for a couple rounds)?

I like the list, but I worry that my local meta with so many Shadowcasters running Counter Measures and Glitterstim would shrug off most of that damage and then start tossing around stress and tractor beams.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I cannot see how 6 hull behind 2 agility ever gets to fire 4 harpoon missiles in a game.

Oh lol I totally missed the 2x harpoon missiles

Yeah save that 4 points for something else lol

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh lol I totally missed the 2x harpoon missiles

Yeah save that 4 points for something else lol

Yah like a danged EPT on RAC

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Whats the best bumpmaster for little points as possible to get the bid ? Trying a thweek asajji and bump list. Usually i play the bumpmaster with two aces and fairly loaded: stay on target, pursuit laser, feedback array, intelligence agent

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Thundercracker posted:

Whats the best bumpmaster for little points as possible to get the bid ? Trying a thweek asajji and bump list. Usually i play the bumpmaster with two aces and fairly loaded: stay on target, pursuit laser, feedback array, intelligence agent

Cheapest?

0-pt EPT
Intel Agent
Feedback -or- APL

Honestly it's the intel agent that makes the whole thing work. Also, Stay on Target isn't really all that necessary, and the stress actually makes it harder to stay in front of them. Try Intimidation on your loaded bumpmaster

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I Bumped my way to beating Admiral Joeslop's double Firesprays, 100-33.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I Bumped my way to beating Admiral Joeslop's double Firesprays, 100-33.

In my defense, my game crashed halfway through and we lost everything. In my humble opinion, however, I saw the way the game was going and conceded anyway.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I've already given up on making Thweek work, for 3 points less than Fenn Rau he just can't do the heavy lifting or facetank damage, and, as you only typically want one flanker, Rau is your man.

For fun wing though he's my go-to with intensity guri.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

I've already given up on making Thweek work, for 3 points less than Fenn Rau he just can't do the heavy lifting or facetank damage, and, as you only typically want one flanker, Rau is your man.

For fun wing though he's my go-to with intensity guri.

Intense Guri is legit good tbh. Thweek just doesn't get the mods.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Looks like the first Jankmaster 5000 Tourney/League is complete.

ConfusedUs is the champion!
The Strangler and Deathrain Aces got more playtime than any other lists!

My game against Acebucket13 was really close. The MoV was 100-36, but frankly it came down to a 1hp backdraft + palp shuttle vs Vader and Deathrain. I felt like giving up at one point, and so Acebucket said the same thing. It was really tight.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What do I win?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

ConfusedUs posted:

Looks like the first Jankmaster 5000 Tourney/League is complete.

ConfusedUs is the champion!
The Strangler and Deathrain Aces got more playtime than any other lists!

My game against Acebucket13 was really close. The MoV was 100-36, but frankly it came down to a 1hp backdraft + palp shuttle vs Vader and Deathrain. I felt like giving up at one point, and so Acebucket said the same thing. It was really tight.

Yeah, after the Inquisitor got plastered I thought I wasn't going to stand a chance, but man I got lucky on some of those manuevers and bomb rolls. Deathrain is definitely a ton of fun to play.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ran Wedge,Nym and Craken again today. Felt a bit bad when I took a fully health tanky Norra out in the first turn of combat then Lowie a turn later. That extra facedown damage when the harpoon condition goes off is a real kick in the balls when someone thinks their ship lived with one health. FCS on Nym has really paid off in spades for keeping the damage up against wookie ships.

Quick question: When being hit by an auto blaster does reinforce still negates one damage?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Raged posted:

Ran Wedge,Nym and Craken again today. Felt a bit bad when I took a fully health tanky Norra out in the first turn of combat then Lowie a turn later. That extra facedown damage when the harpoon condition goes off is a real kick in the balls when someone thinks their ship lived with one health. FCS on Nym has really paid off in spades for keeping the damage up against wookie ships.

Quick question: When being hit by an auto blaster does reinforce still negates one damage?

Reinforce just adds an additional evade result so no, autoblaster will cut right through it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
What's bullshit is reinforce will work against bullseye arc.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

What's bullshit is reinforce will work against bullseye arc.

Really starting to think that reinforce should not have been put in the game. 4 wookie gunships are the most OP list out there right now.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Nah, it's 3 wookie gunships. Brunas (I think, one of the krayts anyway) went undefeated at Mandalore prelims with it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Nah, it's 3 wookie gunships. Brunas (I think, one of the krayts anyway) went undefeated at Mandalore prelims with it.

My god..... how the hell do you beat that?

Lowhhrick (28)
Predator (3)
C-3PO (3)
Tactician (2)

Wookiee Liberator (26)
Expertise (4)
Tactician (2)

Wookiee Liberator (26)
Expertise (4)
Tactician (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Guessing the best bet would be to try to alpha Lowie with harpoons/w chips. Only thing that that could possibly have half a chance to do the needed damage.

Raged fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 19, 2017

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dice mods shut down (Omega Leader), Crack Shot, Juke, I’ll Show You the Dark Side, bumping, and probably some others. They’re really action-dependent too, so packing some stress-causers should have a decent effect.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Icon Of Sin posted:

Dice mods shut down (Omega Leader), Crack Shot, Juke, I’ll Show You the Dark Side, bumping, and probably some others. They’re really action-dependent too, so packing some stress-causers should have a decent effect.

Crackshot is one time use. ISYTDS will only work on one at a time. Most of the times you are going to be taking stress every shot. Sure all that may help slowly wear down one ship, but three of them yikes.

3 K fighters with harpoons and scav crane are looking more and more tempting just for the chance to have the firepower to take out multiple ships. For Lowe to do his thing the other ships need to keep at range 1 of him.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Anyone here played the Rush Hour TIE Bomber swarm (5x scimtars w/ tactician + 2x ops spec) and can comment on how it goes?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

My god..... how the hell do you beat that?

Bumpmaster with ion projectors haha

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Bumpmaster with ion projectors haha

Actually the Imp Ion Murder Machine list would do the trick. Would possibly be the funniest win ever.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Actually the Imp Ion Murder Machine list would do the trick. Would possibly be the funniest win ever.

I unironically love that list. It's loving hilarious to just ion someone's entire list, then k-turn behind it, and ion them forever.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Ion is great. Ion doesn't show up in a lot of lists, so some players you encounter are completely unprepared for it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I really wish people would put what the list is instead of just assuming everyone knows what they're talking about.

What is Ion Murder Machine?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

I really wish people would put what the list is instead of just assuming everyone knows what they're talking about.

What is Ion Murder Machine?

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Ion Cannon (3)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Ion Cannon (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/D (0)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Ion Cannon (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/D (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Okay, yeah, that looks fun.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I was a personal fan of the Mara Jade version that also dumps stress on them to deny them actions, but it's a lot more fragile.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202709478

Here's a masterclass on how a heavily loaded lone wolf Asajj nearly solo'd an entire list. Great game at the Mandalore Open finals

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202709478

Here's a masterclass on how a heavily loaded lone wolf Asajj nearly solo'd an entire list. Great game at the Mandalore Open finals

Interesting that she has a second glitterstim not the scavenger crane.

I hate Assaj. Three of top 4 lists had Assaj, the other was three wookies.

Edit: what's the best resource for getting up to speed with vassal, from basically nothing. Or is TTS better these days?

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

hoiyes posted:

Interesting that she has a second glitterstim not the scavenger crane.

I hate Assaj. Three of top 4 lists had Assaj, the other was three wookies.

Edit: what's the best resource for getting up to speed with vassal, from basically nothing. Or is TTS better these days?

Dunno about Vassal, but TTS is really good these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuiU9upfdA
That video is the developer walking through the steps of getting started in the game. There have been a few updates since then:
1. at 4:29 when he has you right click on the notecard to paste in text, it's now a text box instead. You manipulate the new textbox by hitting F8 to select the text tool, and then editing the text box pasting in your list, and then hit F1 to use the normal selection tool to click away and click the spawn it button.

2. At 6:40 when he has you delete the note, that's also not needed anymore.

3. At about 13:28 when he flips the dials and has extra actions available, those are all now visible from default and you don't need to hit teh A button to get there. You can do boosts and barrel rolls from there, just mouse over the button and it will tell you what it is.

4. At 22:00 he goes over bombs. It's actually a lot simpler now, and there's a special little token for each bomb using ship to use.

5. All the stuff past 25 minutes or so gets into manual commands. I have rarely used them, and just look them up when I need to.

I would just love to pair the Asajj/latts build with Miranda or Dash.

• Locked thread