Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

BTW i just received a mail from my brother-in-law who works at Nintendo and he told me that there actually is a Dawn Lycanroc and to get it you need to evolve your Rockruff at EXACTLY 6:66 AM

He also sent me this as evidence:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Currently in Ultra Sun, went in with only plans to use event rockruff. Made friends with cutiefly, litten, and zorua along the way! Wondering who I'm gonna add later on.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pentaro posted:

BTW i just received a mail from my brother-in-law who works at Nintendo and he told me that there actually is a Dawn Lycanroc and to get it you need to evolve your Rockruff at EXACTLY 6:66 AM

He also sent me this as evidence:

that's not evidence that's your brother in law's fursona

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Who do I need to write at Game Freak for red hair to finally be a hair color next Pokemon game.

I’m not even asking for the whole rainbow of hair colors, although they also would fit Pokemon just fine see: the three blue haired protagonists, just red. Which is a hair color people actually have.

(The ultimate dream would be to have full on character creation at the start of the game where you can chose starting hair color and eye color and maybe even hair style independent of gender and skin color choice, but that won’t happen.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ken Sugimori should do a fakemon and post it anonymously somewhere as a "leak"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
where can I grab a Pichu early again? Need to start training for my tubby lil Alolan surfer rat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sexpig by night posted:

where can I grab a Pichu early again? Need to start training for my tubby lil Alolan surfer rat

The right half of route one. The pokedex will show you which patches of grass once you've seen it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cheetah7071 posted:

Ken Sugimori should do a fakemon and post it anonymously somewhere as a "leak"

he already did

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kurieg posted:

Disney bitchsmacked EA and they've disabled lootboxes until they come up with a solution that Disney approves of.
This isn't really relevant to this thread, but: they didn't, they just got rid of being able to buy them with money (for now). It still takes like 40~ hours of gameplay to unlock a single character. :downs:

sexpig by night posted:

Route 1 - apparently it's not in town anymore.

less laughter posted:

he already did

fantastic :allears:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Blaziken386 posted:

This isn't really relevant to this thread, but: they didn't, they just got rid of being able to buy them with money (for now). It still takes like 40~ hours of gameplay to unlock a single character. :downs:

Yeah, but it takes 40 hours for everyone.

End result is that EA is now heavily incentivized to find a solution to the problem because even the people who were willing to shell out money for Vader are going to be unhappy about this.

Also maybe they'll finally learn to not put things that affect gameplay inside of gatcha?

Probably not, but we can hope.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

he already did

so this is that pokemon fusion that everyone was talking about

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Blaziken386 posted:

Route 1 - apparently it's not in town anymore.

As someoe who has had a grudging desire/hate relationship with EA for too long, it's nice to see them getting bitchslapped around for being assholes. Especially since Battlefront cuts a bit close to the one love of mine they control: Battlefield.

And yeah, I was surprised when I just tripped over a Pichu before I'd even gotten to do the big battle against Hau. And then as soon as I ran back to the house to heal I tripped over another.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just must have bad luck, I've been combing Route 1 and just got bugs and birds and Donald Trumps...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It took me ages to find a Pichu and then slightly less ages to find a female Pichu.

But don’t talk to me about finding Grimer, which took me an actual hour followed by me finding like ten of them.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

QUICK, WHAT DO I NAME MY (female) ROWLET

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Olivia Queen

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Blaziken386 posted:

Borb. Do it, touch the Borb. Pet the Borb. Accept the Borb into your life.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Blaziken386 posted:

Dianna.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Alkydere posted:

As someoe who has had a grudging desire/hate relationship with EA for too long, it's nice to see them getting bitchslapped around for being assholes. Especially since Battlefront cuts a bit close to the one love of mine they control: Battlefield.

And yeah, I was surprised when I just tripped over a Pichu before I'd even gotten to do the big battle against Hau. And then as soon as I ran back to the house to heal I tripped over another.

It's just temporary to mitigate bad press this close to the release of The Last Jedi

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just name it robin hoot like everyone else

robin is gender neutral

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kurieg posted:

I have some spares from when I bred one up for my US run. I could trade it to you later after work.

I appreciate it, but, I want the actual fossil, not just a Tyrunt (It's weird and I can't fully explain why, I just do). Plus, I don't have my copy of the game yet.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I named the Rowlet in US “James”, after my Rowlet from Moon, “Mr.Bond”

Likes his bowtie scratched.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

WHAT THE gently caress

Okay so can you trade mega stones? Because I'm going to need to get a friend to help me trade over my specially bred mons and I might as well send over the mega stone for mawile.

EDIT: Nevermind, got the answer. Fortunately I've got a friend who'll probably help me. It's really frustrating though.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 17, 2017

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I named my Rowlet “Lehua” which the Internet (always a reliable source) tells me is a unisex Hawaiian name that means “ohia flowers”.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

JK Rowlet

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

My current Ultra Sun team:

- Killer Queen (Torracat, Male)
- Fiona (Butterfree, Female)
- Mawjorie (Gumshoos, Female)
- Joule (Pichu, Male)
- Luru (Rockruff, Female)

Killer Queen, uh, got named by a friend who won a contest where I asked people to share a funny picture.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blaziken386 posted:

Purdue

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife asked me to ask you guys if the ultra games are worth 40bux

If you've played Sun/Moon, is there enough extra content in the new thing to justify spending additional money on it or would you get a roughly comparable experience just playing Sun/Moon again?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

If you've played Sun/Moon, is there enough extra content in the new thing to justify spending additional money on it or would you get a roughly comparable experience just playing Sun/Moon again?

If you're on the edge, probably not. It's still basically the same game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hopeandjoy posted:

I named my Rowlet “Lehua” which the Internet (always a reliable source) tells me is a unisex Hawaiian name that means “ohia flowers”.

the internet is right but why ohia flowers because rowlett is not a hummingbird

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

Extra content, not really. Until endgame it seems to be the exact same experience with some tweaks like the weird researchers showing up and Lillie being less of a crybaby and more a realistic 'uh I don't...do...trainer stuff and I'm kinda scared that I was thrust into this poo poo suddenly' companion. It's a smoother experience, you get your starter near right away and there's less faffing around early game it feels like, but it's still Sun and Moon.

Is it a good quality update that makes the base game better and fun additions like, say, being able to grab an inkay at the starting area thanks to the new pokemon added and nicer graphics? Yea.

It's a very solid Emerald style update, if you're not super horny for more Alola yea wait for the sale that's almost certain to hit around Christmas, but if you dug S/M and want more in a more polished experience it's absolutely worth 40 dollarydoos.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Urgh. The spooky 'investigating power levels' people's music hurts my ears. Whoever thought it was a good idea to include that high pitch whining is a butt.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

the_steve posted:

I appreciate it, but, I want the actual fossil, not just a Tyrunt (It's weird and I can't fully explain why, I just do). Plus, I don't have my copy of the game yet.

well, by that same token. I have my tyrunt already (just need to get it onto my game) so I don't really have a need for the fossil?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

loving that USUM continues the tradition of having pokemon you actually want to catch only having a 5% appearance rate. dang pichus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blaziken386 posted:

loving that USUM continues the tradition of having pokemon you actually want to catch only having a 5% appearance rate. dang pichus.

I caught a male and just GTS'd it for a female, I still am gonna have a bitch of a time going for a Grimer...

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
How's the trainer battles? Is there more than Sun/Moon or more challenging? Is there more replayable trainer battles? Are there better places to do Level grinding?

Basically, is training pokes for Online/Battle Tree battles better in USUM than SM? (God getting mons to lvl 100 to use a bottle cap was not fun back then)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

My favorite place in any gen to grind up to 100 is still Battle Chateau. Issue writs of challenge up to however high the pokemon you're training can handle, issue a silver writ of invitation so you're literally never waiting for people to show up, stock up on healing supplies, and just rampage.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All Rowletts should be named Rowdy Rowlett Piper

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or Rowsdower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012