Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PureRok posted:

You can do Multiverse with AI? How did I not see this (and why didn't the mandatory multiverse tutorial mention it)?

When you select your loadout on the character select screen, just pick one of the AI ones. That's all you gotta do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They’ve got events for movie Aquaman, Superman, and Batman up along with the pre-existing Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg ones now. Next 70 hours. Get that Momoa armor, but not that beard or hair :smith:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Are there pics of the Supes/Bats/Aquaman sets up somewhere? The Cyborg set being the gun and nothing else was pretty lame

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Ahh, Supes is a weird janky S, it's not that great. The set is the regime set, I'm not sure if any of these sets weren't already in the game.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Give me more grodd shaders

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Oberst posted:

Give me more grodd shaders

Is there one to make him look like the Ultra-Humanite?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Missed opportunity, there

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Why do my AI characters wreck face in the multiverse, but act completely stupid in AI Battle? It's like the game just removes all of their AI and gives them stupid pills. Like, they're losing fights against enemies 10 levels lower than them, and whiff their attacks all the time and jump around like idiots when they behave perfectly fine in multiverse. I even made sure to adjust their AI manually, so I know it's not because of the default settings.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

as far as "GaaS" goes this is probably one of the better ones since you get good DLC and a rotating roster of multiverse stuff to do all the time and pretty much all of it is however much you want it to be. Letting you Tamagotchi your own AI pets as well is a cool thing, too.

It took me two weeks after launch to realize it was there. Best feature in the game by far.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I wish they'd kept the spider jump scare but used the turkey model for this event

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm not seeing any PC Guilds set up yet. Anyone down for making one?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is on sale for $20 on PSN right now, the story mode and Multiverse alone are worth that much so I grabbed it finally.

Man, it takes a lot of getting used to coming off MKXL. I keep holding R2 to block and pressing back-4 to do sweeps.

Am I crazy or is it a lot more finicky to do meter burns in this vs mkx

precision fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 24, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

precision posted:

This is on sale for $20 on PSN right now, the story mode and Multiverse alone are worth that much so I grabbed it finally.

Man, it takes a lot of getting used to coming off MKXL. I keep holding R2 to block and pressing back-4 to do sweeps.

Am I crazy or is it a lot more finicky to do meter burns in this vs mkx

I don't really know about mkx, didn't play it, but I found I was messing up meter burn / combos because it was actually 'easier' than I thought. Like you don't need to time it, just mash it out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so far Aquaman and Harley are the best characters lmao

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

My skills have atrophied badly, because instead of just playing I am leveling them on AI mode while I do something else on my computer. 30-combo 30-counter Cheetah is loving terrifying, by the way.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

wait til you play as big boy Bane

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's the current PS4 guild to join?

e: I have found that Supergirl even with no equipment is awesome for clowning on people online. She rules.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sorry for the double post but I'm struggling to find a good comprehensive guide on youtube or otherwise for the mechanics that aren't explained very well in tutorials - basically everything involving Meter Burn, like i theoretically know HOW to do air dodge and whatnot but the tutorial doesn't do a good job of showing you how thing like that work when you're getting mercilessly owned by 25 hit combos, especially since the system is extremely different to MKXL

the game also doesn't do a good job of telling you what the special attacks actually do, some of them seem to do literally nothing :confused:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

precision posted:

I hated the tentacle MB nerf since that killed all my Aquaman combos to the point where I cant use him in competitive mode. :( Also no Momoa hair and beard to go with the Justice League Armor. Also the coloring of the armor sucks and you cant get a chainmail shirt as gear.

Aquaman is a lot of wasted potential.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

precision posted:

sorry for the double post but I'm struggling to find a good comprehensive guide on youtube or otherwise for the mechanics that aren't explained very well in tutorials - basically everything involving Meter Burn, like i theoretically know HOW to do air dodge and whatnot but the tutorial doesn't do a good job of showing you how thing like that work when you're getting mercilessly owned by 25 hit combos, especially since the system is extremely different to MKXL

the game also doesn't do a good job of telling you what the special attacks actually do, some of them seem to do literally nothing :confused:

The ones that do nothing are probably counters or command grabs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

You might want to check out the character-specific tutorials to find out more about those. Usually if a move doesn't appear to do anything it's a stance/setup for a set of mix-up moves (Harley's Tantrum Stance) or it's a parry of some sort, the character tutorials usually show those off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MrJacobs posted:

The ones that do nothing are probably counters or command grabs.

"Play Doctor" is so loving finicky to actually land that it may as well not exist.

On the plus side, my Harley now looks like Cassie Cage.

e: is the currency used for unlocking skins only used for that? I'm afraid to spend any of it.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

precision posted:

"Play Doctor" is so loving finicky to actually land that it may as well not exist.

e: is the currency used for unlocking skins only used for that? I'm afraid to spend any of it.

It's used for that, reskinning gear, and upgrading your dudes to level 20 once you've gotten that far with one. That's all the uses I've found for it, there might be more.

You can get all the common skins from mother boxes, btw. Not sure about the other ones. I'll probably spend the ones I've got saved on the John Stewart reskin that makes GL into an actually interesting character.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

precision posted:

are you having problems landing it or getting the motion down? You can combo into it via juggles like a wallbounce launcher (back+3) jump 2, then press 1 and cancel into play doctor for an annoying Damage Over Time combo finish.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

Meter Burn doesn't have to be as precise as the game makes it out to be, even if certain moves say things like "press MB just before this" or "Press it just as XYZ occurs" because for the most part, if you just press it once or twice during the move, it'll happen. Air dodging falls into this category because I kind of hammer the button as I'm falling from a juggle while pressing Away, and that works. That almost costs meter. What does need precision is how the dodgeroll goes; you need to time the MB button press with the end of your dash in a way that you need to practice at.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I stopped jumping and suddenly my win rate is like 100x what it was before

you'd think I'd have known that from the thousands of hours of MK2 i played

Murderion posted:

It's used for that, reskinning gear, and upgrading your dudes to level 20

explain?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can use the crystals to bring a character directly from level 1 to 20. This is the worst use for them btw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can use the crystals to bring a character directly from level 1 to 20. This is the worst use for them btw

i dunno i feel like skipping the grind is better than a skin

is there a guide for doing the metaverse with AI guys? the game seems to not want me to even know it's an option

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You only get a limited number of source crystals from playing, to get more you have to pay real money. Source crystals are the only way to unlock the premium skins without paying for them. Using them on something that would happen if you play the game regardless is suboptimal.

To use an AI in the multiverse, you need to go to the costume select for the character you want to fight with, and select an AI loadout. You can equip specific gear on them and even alter their AI tendencies in the customization screen from the main menu.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
What is causing this health bar melt in the Thanksgiving Bizarro event? I'm letting the AI handle it and it's still pretty frustrating :argh:

Edit:

oh it's gravy from the mashed potatoes

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 26, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Gravy puddles, I think.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Finished Black Adams legendary gear and I'm, well, done. Just loving done. Anyone want to be an officer in Goon Squad so I don't have to log in every day to check applications?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Finally got the game and I sent a request to join Goon Lantern Corps

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Grem posted:

Finished Black Adams legendary gear and I'm, well, done. Just loving done.

you and me both.

I think I'll play Horizon: Zero Dawn instead for a while

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how the gently caress are you guys getting legendary gear!? it seems inhuman(e)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Just picked up this game because of the Black Friday sale. Sent a request to Dark Empire, plz accept me (I sent it in saying I am Blackbelt Bobman, forgetting that my username has been different for a while)

Story mode was great fun, gonna build up some dudes and equip some sick gear

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

how the gently caress are you guys getting legendary gear!? it seems inhuman(e)

The hardest looking ones aren't so bad, ending matches in combos or special moves. Just play a lot. What takes the longest on all of them is doing the 3 million damage, and that's just a matter of doing endless multiverse whenever you can.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dumb question: what poo poo in this game will you never get tired of? Like, there's only so long I can tolerate some dialogue, but Joker's "BANG" flag through the head will never get old. Same with Green Arrow dancing after he wins a clash. "Aphrodite forbids you," however, grates.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Seriously I am never clear on exactly what Aphrodite is forbidding and why her authority extends to this situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hup posted:

Dumb question: what poo poo in this game will you never get tired of? Like, there's only so long I can tolerate some dialogue, but Joker's "BANG" flag through the head will never get old. Same with Green Arrow dancing after he wins a clash. "Aphrodite forbids you," however, grates.

Wonder Woman insulting the opponent with lasso MB never gets old in IJ1 or 2. Best combo ender in the game. Also crouching boxing glove arrow to the balls is great. Also Superman having a literal "superman punch".

• Locked thread