Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

The VA for Bulma died due to apparent illness.

yeah, aortic dissection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Holy poo poo that is terrifying. Your aorta just tears.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm like actively mad that all i heard about Citrus for the past year was how horrible and melodramatic it is and it's actually really good and sweet. it's a drama manga but events never spiral out of control; the arcs are all short and controlled and girls who are antagonistic today are friends tomorrow. the main character Yuzu is gung ho about her feelings and comes off as a really likeable protagonist as she tries her best to foster a warm and communicative relationship with Mei, an introverted girl who tries to be emotionally distant but gets pulled in all the time. usually in soapy stuff i see the leads always sabotaging their own relationship with hesitation/inaction but these two actually try their best and show how much they care about each other even in tumultuous moments. i don't think the stepsisters premise is a big hang-up when the main girls didn't grow up together, they meet as strangers. yeah Yuzu is often saying stuff like "I have to be a good older sister!" but it comes off to me as playing on the yuri 'sisters' trope and not an incestual undertone.

it also really didnt help that everyone who does read or like it apologetically calls it trashy or schlock. it's cool to like things, really! i havent caught up fully but I'm liking Citrus a lot so far. it owns hard and i hope the anime does too. i'm posting this here in the hopes that people will check it out and enjoy the cute gyaru lead and her antics.

lowkey a haruyuzu fan by the way. they're seriously the cutest

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

reminds me of a boring show from seasons past...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Hello! My name is saburouta. Thank you for buying "citrus" Volume 6!

It's written on the cover's paper flap but, I have an announcement to make to everyone........ That is, Yuzu and Mei are getting mar...mar—mar—have an anime in the works!! Haaaa..... Oh no.... It seems like Yuzu and Mei will be moving and kissing. Oh no! (trembling) This is all thanks to everyone who supported us! Thank you so much~

Because Yuzu and Mei have met and reached the hands of many people, Yuzu and the others will continue to walk forward as they cry and smile. There's no other happiness. (cry) It's been a long journey but, I would be so happy if you continue to watch over these two as they continue running. And then also..... to their happy future.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Citrus just got kind of boring, though I agree on Haru getting Yuzu, and Mei should end up with the girl with the strong eyebrows. I think she also had drill hair?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Blatant E.T. ripoff. Disgusting.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

The VA for Bulma died due to apparent illness.

rip to the real madoka

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Hinamatsuri is ins anely good, spring season can't come fast enough

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

nice

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lmao just now noticing that the moon is a roe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Is Just Because ep 7 delayed? It should have been out 24 hours ago and haven't seen trace of it yet.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nielsm posted:

Is Just Because ep 7 delayed? It should have been out 24 hours ago and haven't seen trace of it yet.

It's skipping this week. We don't know if it was planned or not.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

iospace posted:

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.
Turns out it's just a recap of the first series though, so don't bother if you remember it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sindai posted:

Turns out it's just a recap of the first series though, so don't bother if you remember it.

Alright, and nothing new at the end like they tend to do?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nielsm posted:

Yep. This bodes well.

(I still quite like the show even in spite of the declining production values.)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

maybe I'm just not noticing as much but I thought the last few episodes were fine

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Honestly taking a week off sounds like a good idea, I hope they can get their ducks in a row, I've heard really good things about Just Because and wanna check it out now.

I've honestly fallen off watching a lot of stuff this season, but really more so because I'm busy rather than actually losing interest in anything. Instead I've been watching Mononoke for the first time and One Piece episodes for arcs I've read for some reason. I've been trying to watch the first season of Blood Blockade Battlefront cause people I know were excited about the second season but man I dunno, three episodes in and I'm just not invested in these characters or what they're doing in the slightest

I'm glad to hear good things about Citrus! some of my friends were really excited for it, and outside of them I had heard nothing really great about it. i will watch it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

an actual dog posted:

maybe I'm just not noticing as much but I thought the last few episodes were fine

It's not completely terrible, but it's definitely noticeable, particularly if you compare versus the first episode. Hands and faces are sometimes wonky, walking animation is worse, and it seemed like there were cuts were Eita was gaining and losing weight.

I hope the delays help too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Space Flower posted:

i'm like actively mad that all i heard about Citrus for the past year was how horrible and melodramatic it is and it's actually really good and sweet. it's a drama manga but events never spiral out of control; the arcs are all short and controlled and girls who are antagonistic today are friends tomorrow. the main character Yuzu is gung ho about her feelings and comes off as a really likeable protagonist as she tries her best to foster a warm and communicative relationship with Mei, an introverted girl who tries to be emotionally distant but gets pulled in all the time. usually in soapy stuff i see the leads always sabotaging their own relationship with hesitation/inaction but these two actually try their best and show how much they care about each other even in tumultuous moments. i don't think the stepsisters premise is a big hang-up when the main girls didn't grow up together, they meet as strangers. yeah Yuzu is often saying stuff like "I have to be a good older sister!" but it comes off to me as playing on the yuri 'sisters' trope and not an incestual undertone.

it also really didnt help that everyone who does read or like it apologetically calls it trashy or schlock. it's cool to like things, really! i havent caught up fully but I'm liking Citrus a lot so far. it owns hard and i hope the anime does too. i'm posting this here in the hopes that people will check it out and enjoy the cute gyaru lead and her antics.

lowkey a haruyuzu fan by the way. they're seriously the cutest

There's good and cute stuff in it for sure, but it's definitely trashy, and it's definitely melodramatic. Now that you mention is, it is kind of nice that the drama isn't entirely self-inflicted, but it's real lame that (as of where I left off) a new character is introduced every few chapters who's determined to break our couple up and lies/cheats/steals to make it happen. It got boring fast, and is a large part of why I haven't read a new chapter in months. As to trashy... well, you call Mei an introverted girl, but she's also OK with hot makeouts with her "sister." And the "playing on the yuri 'sisters' trope" is itself trashy.

It's hardly the worst offender for melodrama or trashiness, and heck, I flipped open the first volume I had next to my desk to confirm my memory of the makeouts, so I obviously liked it enough to throw down money for it, but I totally get why it has the reputation it does.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
your enthusiasm makes me want to catch up

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/931644208536047617

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Gonna throw this out there: Yu Yu Hakusho is the best work Togashi has done.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I've been curious about YYH for a while, so I'll probably take this chance to check it out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kytrarewn posted:

I've been curious about YYH for a while, so I'll probably take this chance to check it out.

Yeah same.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I checked, and the cutoff for the first batch is literally 2 episodes into the Dark Tournament. I'm not complaining, I'm honestly impressed with whoever made that call because it's a real good way to get people hyped for the next part. (And YYH is old enough that fansubs won't be as readily available as the new season hotness.)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

Naw that's HxH's Chimera Ant Arc. Nothing in Shounen has topped that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Grouchio posted:

Naw that's HxH's Chimera Ant Arc. Nothing in Shounen has topped that.
Let me be more clear about what I was trying to say.

Hunter x Hunter is garbage compared to Yu Yu Hakusho and people should feel bad about feeling otherwise.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The chimera ant arc is painfully overlong

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Cake Attack posted:

The chimera ant arc is painfully overlong

Agreed.

I liked the rest of HxH, in particular the Greed Island and Hunter Exam arcs, but aside from a few scenes (admittedly excellent ones) near the end of Chimera Ants, I spent a lot of time waiting for something cool to happen.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nate RFB posted:

Agreed.

In other news, Black Clover's dub is gonna air on Toonami starting December 2. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-17/toonami-to-air-black-clover-anime-starting-december-2/.124186

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Level E

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i tried to watch yu yu hakusho and thought it was kinda dull, while hxh owns

note: i did not get to any dark tournaments, only old lady tournaments and whatever you'd call the castle assault thing after that

this is the truth though

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
YYH's tournament is to me the standard from which I've come to judge any shounen tournament arc, and IMO nothing has ever measured up.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just went through the announced lineup for winter and how did no one comment on a Junji Ito anthology by DEEN?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ninjewtsu posted:

i tried to watch yu yu hakusho and thought it was kinda dull, while hxh owns

note: i did not get to any dark tournaments, only old lady tournaments and whatever you'd call the castle assault thing after that

this is the truth though
The early arcs of yyh are fairly dull/cliche by todays standards, yeah, and slow to start off (the manga is even slower, spending longer at the beginning with episodic tales of ghost boy). Most people's fond memories of yyh seem to cone from the Dark Tournament and Chapter Black arcs, yeah.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ViggyNash posted:

I just went through the announced lineup for winter and how did no one comment on a Junji Ito anthology by DEEN?

A bunch of us mentioned it earlier than that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Oh, guess I missed it.

It might be bad but at the very least I am super intrigued. Lets see if they find an interesting way to animate his style.

• Locked thread