Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't know, but it's this guy:

don't dox me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

DVD and optical video discs are pretty outdated already and have only been around for about 20 years. If EBE had cloud tech, then DVDs would be outdated already.

Immersion ruinied :argh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dvds are a direct descendant of cds. the key technology in both is the laser, which was designed based on principles discovered before the first world war.

LEDs rely on similar physics, and the first LED was described in 1927.

wifi is an extension of microwave radio techniques developed in the years leading up to ww2.

"the cloud" is distributed computing, which was the default model of computing until the 1980s.

why, that thing sounds like it was written by some teenager with no understanding of historical context who didn't even do any research into the details that would make his story plausible!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Alien goon: Please tell me if EBT tried to escape as a garbage man that inspired that vehicle in Vigilante 8 2nd Offense.

Micro Penis goon: There's a documentsry about the guy wgo infamously was turned down at a sports game because of his small dick so he goes arouns the world finding ways to elongate his dick. I really dont feel like looking it upcan't post the trailer of the documentary because of how :nws: it is.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Who's been jacking off on the trees

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That's the finest ash I've ever stuck my pecker in.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wood.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

That's the finest ash I've ever stuck my pecker in.

Ooooooh, so that's what all my ex's mean when they say I have a sliver dick. That makes sense. I was worried my dick was small or something. Silly me, how would a quarter of a foot be small?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

the Jizz Tree

by Shel Silverstein? Loved that book as a kid!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Alien goon: Did your grandad's journal mention if the aliens measured temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Small dick goon: Glad you're happy with a small dick, and that your life is good (no sarcasm). I've always said "my dick ain't huge, but I'm glad its not a micro dick". But then I've pretty much got nothing else going on for me. You measure that poo poo in inches or CM?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wesleywillis posted:

Alien goon: Did your grandad's journal mention if the aliens measured temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Rankine

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

Been a while since we had some good alien fic ITT

If I could just do some unsolicited tech consulting here: all "the cloud" is is doing your computations on someone else's computer. It's actually a really simple idea and was inevitable with networks getting faster, and it would not require alien secrets.

Also if the government was keeping an alien visitor secret for decades they wouldn't just let somebody leave and make a movie about it :psyduck:
This is a rip off of the story a famous conspiracy theorist gave.

...I know that because I think the stuff conspiracy theorists come up with is fascinating fiction.

EDIT: Bill Cooper, that's the guy! I think his stuff includes a lot of pre-existing conspiracy theories and he just ties them together into one semi-coherent narrative, so idk if EBE is his invention, but regardless, 0/10 fesh, need more creativity.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

PetraCore posted:

This is a rip off of the story a famous conspiracy theorist gave.

...I know that because I think the stuff conspiracy theorists come up with is fascinating fiction.

EDIT: Bill Cooper, that's the guy! I think his stuff includes a lot of pre-existing conspiracy theories and he just ties them together into one semi-coherent narrative, so idk if EBE is his invention, but regardless, 0/10 fesh, need more creativity.

Yeah, this was all part of that Project Serpo thing from a while back.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

LingcodKilla posted:

I've always thought jizz smelled fairly of bleach.

Smells like fish to me. It's why I stay away from seafood. Also all this sweat talk reminds me of being incredibly paranoid about people getting a massive hum of cider off me the day after I wake up from my stupor, despite scrubbing myself to poo poo. Though to be honest I know that my sweat smells a peculiar way two days after drinking. Or whenever I added stock pots/cubes to meals I cooked, my sweat smells extra salty then.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

"Co-worker". Smells of cum by the end of the day. What exactly was the work?

No, my co-worker just had bad and unmanaged BO. She didn't smell like cum. I was saying Bust Rodd's friend's bleachy stink was from all his jackin'.

Unrelated, dollars to donuts EBE fesher is a Last Podcast On the Left fan. The topic of the last two episodes was the grandfather of the modern alien/conspiracy theory and author of Behold, a Pale Horse, Bill Cooper, and went into detail about his reports of interactions with an alien called EBE who was picked up at Roswell. It's a good listen if you need background noise for a few hours.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The secret Santa goon wrote back

quote:

The glitterbomb derail is exactly why I wanted to go with the Tyler Perry dvds. Also because I'm too afraid my skin will mix with the glitter and be used as dna evidence.

Also yes I am going to use honey on the inside of the tyler perry dvd cases. I hate reddit that much.

I still don't know what your question was

Another followup from earlier:

quote:

Hi,

I'm brewery goon with a drinking problem. So, as it turns out, yeah, I do drink less now. Likw, once a week, and only a couple beers. I don't know why. Making beer hasn't turned my stomach off it, no less than cleaning it up. I get a free six pack a week, but I haven't used them. I guess, goon success story? (Til I fall off the wagon I guess).

You should probably give those six-packs away, but I'm glad you're doing ok!

Those were both pretty short and I do have a puppetmaster reply in the queue (verified with the plaintext of the hash) so here it is:

quote:

Let me be clear: I do not create probes, just magnify them. I monitor problematic individuals, and along with my posse who report as if an occult hand had taken control of their mouse pointer, generate probes. (Mods tend to at least 6er something on the edge with a few reports)

Now the shitposter has a sixer, and things roll from there. Eventually they catch a few days or a week and "try to behave" - then you subtly troll them til they have a meltdown.

So do not worry Theophany - if you don't post bad you have nothing to hide.

I'm not surprised that loquacius (if that is your real name) wanted to mansplain to me how that stylometry paper Roger's wife wrote works. News flash: there's a huge difference between enough certainty for a court and enough certainty for these dead gay forums :)

That all being said, I tire of this. I, the real puppetmaster am declaring a total shutdown on Puppetmaster confessions until we can get a handle on the situation.

Please send in more confessions about random mental health poo poo, loving your therapists,or in "half coke half diet"'s case, loving the poor.

I'm gonna go eat some yogurt.

It is my real name, actually, and I am just super convinced that you could totally do this if you wanted but you don't want to

I'm a programmer, buddy. I know you can't just point researcher code at forums.somethingawful.com and say "get cracking." You have to first translate the pseudocode into a real language and then either teach it to crawl the forums and parse the HTML itself, or put the entire contents of the forums into a database that your translated pseudocode can read. And nobody wants to do that much work, and then probably find that the results are inconclusive in the end, just because some anonymous other person said the word "puppetmaster" in defiance of your clear forums copyright.

Frankly I don't think you have the chops :smugbert:

I actually want him to try to do all of this stuff because it would be entertaining

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Puppetmaster feshes are lame and boring.
I wanna see some nutjob claim supremacy over, say, a failing Macy’s or something.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

OutOfPrint posted:

Unrelated, dollars to donuts EBE fesher is a Last Podcast On the Left fan. The topic of the last two episodes was the grandfather of the modern alien/conspiracy theory and author of Behold, a Pale Horse, Bill Cooper, and went into detail about his reports of interactions with an alien called EBE who was picked up at Roswell. It's a good listen if you need background noise for a few hours.

I read Behold a Pale Horse twenty years ago. The author is a complete wingnut, yet he got a surprising number of facts right (for example, he predicted a huge increase in 'random' mass shootings).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I swear I didn't intend to reignite this derail with that.

You would say that, puppet master.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sorry I’ll stop sending them in

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

VanSandman posted:

Puppetmaster feshes are lame and boring.
I wanna see some nutjob claim supremacy over, say, a failing Macy’s or something.

I killed Sears in Canada. Because I once said "Sears kinda sucks these days". A bunch of people heard me and welp.......

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

I killed Sears in Canada. Because I once said "Sears kinda sucks these days". A bunch of people heard me and welp.......

there's a kmart near me people refuse to park in front of for some reason

it's next to a grocery store that has 2 entrances, and people will not park one row left of the left entrace... they'd rather circle the other half of the lot then park at the rear end end :shrug:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
maybe it has a hobo corpse

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I think smelly confessor is lying. I’m not claiming the confession is stdh.txt, I’m saying she’s deluded or lying about her personal hygiene. Specifically, showering every other day. Assuming she’s washing her whole body with soap every other day, and not just wetting her feet and calling it a shower, there’s no way she could stink enough to be sent home multiple times from a job that doesn’t put her in contact with other humans.

Body fluids, body functions, and body odors are a bit of a taboo in western society. Telling someone they stink can very quickly backfire and most people are loathe to do it even when it is blatant. Even when the entire office talks about it and agrees unanimously behind the stinker’s back, people will still try to shove the responsibility of breaking the news to the offending worker onto others. “You’ve known her longer than I have, I think she would take it better coming from you.”

To be told you stink, you have to really, really stink. Showering every other day just doesn’t cut it. Even adding the day-old poo poo smell to the day-old sweat smell, you would at most get people avoiding you. You could get ostracized, certainly, but people will make excuses for not having lunch with you, they won’t have your manager send you home.

Confessor, you are depressed. You have let yourself go. You are no longer taking care of your body and you haven’t for some time. Seek help.

I had this farmhand named Dave who never brushed his teeth and smelled like someone ate nothing but bad sauerkraut, poo poo their pants and then set their loving diaper on fire. When I work around animal poo poo and piss all day and the first thing I notice is this guy's stench, that was pretty bad. He was living in a 38' trailer on the property that had been hooked up with a nice hot water heater and a flush toilet - actually, it was quite nice inside and out. What I didn't know was that he was a diabetic. He never washed his clothes and he slammed down about 18-30 beers a day. He never had any energy and 4 times I had to have the medics come out and give him glucose for his low blood sugar. He passed out one time using a power augur to dig new fence posts.

I'd had enough of him - the fucker would buy DVD's by the crate load from Amazon and smell instead of washing his loving clothes. When I got the bill from the medics the last time, I told him, if you don't manage your diabetes properly, and I find you in a coma AGAIN, I'll just pick you up and drag your rear end off the property and call 911. That didn't happen - because I said it in anger. I did everything I could for this guy, but he'd never shower or clean himself off. After I poo poo-canned him, and he only worked for me for about 4 months, the trailer he moved into was pretty trashed. The toilet had a layer of gray scum the likes I'd never seen.

My new hire slept in my guest bedroom until the trailer was decontaminated.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Police Automaton posted:

maybe it has a hobo corpse

Kmart is the hobo corpse

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

I tire of this

I can't help but read this post in Lego Batman's voice.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
This guy gets it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

maskenfreiheit posted:

"The cloud" is just client server, which is how computing was done back in the days of mainframes and predates the timeline in this fesh. Good thing I knew this obscure technical fact or we'd have fallen for this incredibly convincing confession

Literally 'Someone's PC', Pokemon was trying to teach us this.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I've met aliens before and they don't know poo poo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Please stay away from the F1 thread, puppet master. Our posts are lovely beyond belief and we're all susceptible to meltdowns. :ohdear:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theophany posted:

Please stay away from the F1 thread, puppet master. Our posts are lovely beyond belief and we're all susceptible to meltdowns. :ohdear:

I implore you, puppet master goon, to enter their domain and speak to the much higher level of skill it takes to drive NASCAR than F1.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I challenge the puppetmaster goon to get me banned. Shouldn't be too hard.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
jizz smells like bananas and/or banana bread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm tired of going out of my way to find an empty bathroom stall at work. We have limited stall space, and I work in a large office with a guy that'll just sit there in the stall minimum 6x a day not taking a poo poo for 20-30 minutes at a time. He'll tear pieces and pieces of toilet paper, attempt to wipe, and then flush. Rinse and repeat over and over again.

How do I know this? Because if you try and time your own shits not to be in there with his dude, you will not succeed. He is in there constantly. We know you don't do enough work to justify being here for 8 hours a day, so be an adult and pretend to do work at your desk like everyone else. We all slack off, you just look like the office dolt who has to poo poo constantly and it's weird.

Like is it IBS/Crohns? I don't know enough about these conditions, but if it is and you're still spending as much time as you do on the porcelain throne, maybe fix your diet or go see a doctor or something.

Also what is it with old guys and flushing after every time they pinch one out? Quit wasting loving water, We all know you're here to drop stinkbombs. Last time I checked this area has water shortages, so do your part to help the environment.

This sounds like a problem for the boss honestly

You don't have to have an awkward conversation with this guy but somebody probably should. That's part of the burden of authority. Have the boss do it.

Anyway, been a while since we had a gloryhole fesh

quote:

My confession is that depending on how you define virginity, I lost mine in a Sears bathroom.

I was reading about how Sears might close and it made me sad.

This was a while back. I was 16 or 17 IIRC. Cruel.com had some site that linked to some site that linked to cruisingforsex.com a (very NSFW) site that lists of places men "cruise" for sex in "tearooms"[1]. There were two locations at my local mall, one of which was a barely used Sears bathroom.

When I went, at first I thought there was no way it was a tearoom but it turns out every single stall was occupied by men who were there for the same reason. Eventually I worked up the courage and after the appropriate signals were exchanged, I knelt under the divider and had my dick sucked.

(Most locations don't have a literal glory hole)

Later on in college I'd often visit the campus gloryhole, which sadly was removed during a remodel after graduation.

It took a while to reconcile these behaviors with my feeling otherwise, well, straight. Eventually I decided I was bisexual, probably a 2 on the kinsey scale. Or maybe I just like getting my dick sucked and am not that choosy.

It makes me sad these locations are dying out. Using an app to search for sex is very different. There are still adult video stores (the video booths? Guys suck dick in them) Part of the appeal was the ease. Oh I'm going over to Sam Goody to get the new NIN CD... and I got my dick sucked on the way to the car.

When I've dated women I never used the glory hole on campus, but if I'd wanted to it would have been pretty foolproof. Many of the guys who sucked dick there were very "fratty" and honestly, it was a bit of a turn on that these super hunky Abercrombie types were hanging out sucking my cock in a basement bathroom while their GFs presumably idled somewhere wondering why their bf is like, alwayssss lateee

Anyways, let's get some good sex confessions going people, this emo stank bullshit is getting stale

come see the softer side

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

jizz smells like bananas and/or banana bread

You've got... diabetes.

Aww, is someone not feeling well?

Your illness is very important to us.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Sometimes I'll go do a fake poo poo in the bathroom for 20 minutes or so when I need time to think. Our bathroom was completely closed off stalls and sometimes the noise of my officemates typing and talking gets to me and I need to go in there and concentrate. I'm working though, not just wasting time.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sometimes when I have to poo poo in the office and someone sits in a stall and then just starts a whole symphony of butt trumpeting I have to stifle my laughs sometimes it's so much I start crying.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Sometimes when I have to poo poo in the office and someone sits in a stall and then just starts a whole symphony of butt trumpeting I have to stifle my laughs sometimes it's so much I start crying.

Ali Wong has a bit about how she can't take people seriously at work when they try to challenge or reprimand her on something if she has previously heard them having severe intestinal distress in the ladies' room

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Yup. That’s why we all cry in the bathroom at work. Definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I work in a building with three floors. The first floor has one sink, one urinal and one toilet. Right above it the 2nd floor has two sinks, one urinal and one toilet. Third floor same space has one sink, one urinal, two toilets.

Since it’s a IT building most of the fatties avoid the third floor so I always go them first to get a toilet.