Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Benne posted:

Guys let's just ignore Allen struggling to move the ball against the mighty gauntlet of Mountain West defenses, he'll be great at the NFL level because uhhhh tools

Lol goons thought Goff sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

To be fair we still aren't sure if Sean McVay is just a body being prepared to receive belicheks spirit in the middle of some seasons long dark ceremony.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

warcrimes posted:

Everyone did, are you kidding me?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

warcrimes posted:

Having one of the worst rookie seasons of all time will do that to a guy's rep

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

Yes, just goons

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

We all knew Jeff Fisher was a bad coach, but we all underestimated just how bad

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

WHOOPS posted:

Everyone did, are you kidding me?

Yeah, no, not everyone :agesilaus:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my grampa said just like how inanimate objects know enough never to change of their own will, constantly revising your opinions using new information is for The dumb rear end.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

We all knew Jeff Fisher was a bad coach, but we all underestimated just how bad

In hindsight imagine how good Vince Young could have been!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

algebra testes posted:

In hindsight imagine how good Vince Young could have been!

I don't honestly believe he would have been all that good, but the man won rookie of the year while being coached by Jeff Fisher. For all we know he might have been the next Steve Young.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Grittybeard posted:

I don't honestly believe he would have been all that good, but the man won rookie of the year while being coached by Jeff Fisher. For all we know he might have been the next Steve Young.

I just Googled vince Youngs rookie season and he completed like 50% of his passes and threw more ints than TDs. That must have been a rough year for rookies

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

warcrimes posted:

Knee jerk lovely goons thought he was a bad prospect. I also thought he played bad, but not that he was a bad prospect.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Doltos posted:

Knee jerk lovely goons thought he was a bad prospect. I also thought he played bad, but not that he was a bad prospect.

I stayed hopeful about Goff turning things around after last year solely because I was really enamored with him as a prospect and didn't want to be wrong about that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zerilan posted:

I stayed hopeful about Goff turning things around after last year solely because I was really enamored with him as a prospect and didn't want to be wrong about that.

Yeah that's why I'm usually super forgiving of guys that other people think suck, just because I regarded them highly coming out of college. Inversely, it's why I think a lot of guys that people think are good actually suck cus they sucked in college and I'm just waiting for them to fizzle (COME ON KEANU NEAL, YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T THIS GOOD)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

warcrimes posted:

I don't think ANYONE expected Goff to have the level of success that he's had so far this year. He's going to be tested in Minnesota this week, though. That defense is no bullshit.

I still think the Rams win by 10.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

People in general try to judge QBs way too quickly. Three or four good games in their first season and they’re gonna be a top 10 QB. That many bad games and they’re a bust.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Benne posted:

Having one of the worst rookie seasons of all time will do that to a guy's rep

Jeff. Fisher.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I just Googled vince Youngs rookie season and he completed like 50% of his passes and threw more ints than TDs. That must have been a rough year for rookies

I think that was when TOTAL COMBINED YARDS!!! Became a thing to hype up Reggie Bush more.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Vince young had that win streak to close the season that's why he won roty

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

YOLOsubmarine posted:

People in general try to judge QBs way too quickly. Three or four good games in their first season and they’re gonna be a top 10 QB. That many bad games and they’re a bust.

This is completely true with the caveat that I knew Mark Sanchez sucked before he ever took the field.

People also judge WRs and CBs way too fast. They're the hardest positions to play outside of QB and it takes years for a either position to develop or become consistent.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Is Bradley Chubb as good of a prospect as he appears to be? It seems like the Colts have a legitimate shot to get him, and it sure would be nice to have a top-level pass rusher again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It wasn't even Jeff Fisher, look at all his offensive coordinators over the years

2012: Brian Schottenheimer
2013: Brian Schottenheimer
2014: Brian Schottenheimer
2015: Frank Cignetti(Fired Midseason), Rob Boras
2016: Rob Boras

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

It wasn't even Jeff Fisher, look at all his offensive coordinators over the years

2012: Brian Schottenheimer
2013: Brian Schottenheimer
2014: Brian Schottenheimer
2015: Frank Cignetti(Fired Midseason), Rob Boras
2016: Rob Boras

AFAIK, Jeff Fisher was in charge of those hires.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ShakeZula posted:

Is Bradley Chubb as good of a prospect as he appears to be? It seems like the Colts have a legitimate shot to get him, and it sure would be nice to have a top-level pass rusher again

He's all shoulder dips and run byes right now. He's just a massive dude that literally gets held on every single play so far this year because smaller o-line can't deal with him. I think he's a plodder and lacks the speed to get to a QB within the 2.7s that's common in the NFL now. Hell some QBs are even getting rid of it before 2.4s now and that means Chubb will probably need some good DBs on his team for coverage sacks.

His best asset is that he's never tired. I see him plod down the field over and over and over again. Never faster, never slower. It's why he was able to beat McGlinchey and Hyatt a bunch this year. They were technically sound and better than him but he just kept pulling up tackles and even got a sack on McGlinchey. I'm just not sure where you put him at the next level.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ShakeZula posted:

He looks really good and has a hell of a personality. I don't think he's a Von Miller-like talent, but definitely a top 10 guy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/932018393456300032

I'm ... not convinced Darnold is an upgrade on Bort.

Not that it matters since the Jags (probably) won't be drafting top-10 for once.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/932018393456300032

I'm ... not convinced Darnold is an upgrade on Bort.

Not that it matters since the Jags (probably) won't be drafting top-10 for once.

:yaycloud:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

A very jags thing to not have a top 5 pick when there's a good qb on the board.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

No Butt Stuff posted:

49ers will have a top three pick, and probably be perfectly willing to trade back.

Just an idea.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Browns tho...

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Doltos posted:

The Browns tho...

With how badly the Texans are doing, the Browns will get 2 top 15 picks. It seems strange that they will foul that up.
The Browns have a special talent.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Coldforge posted:

49ers will have a top three pick, and probably be perfectly willing to trade back.

Just an idea.

The Jets are gonna trade it all to pick Baker Mayfield, calling it now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So Doltos, any opinion on the DBs this year?

I feel like Imam Marshall is so overated, I just haven't been impressed with him, Jack Jones seems like a stud

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Glumslinger posted:

So Doltos, any opinion on the DBs this year?

I feel like Imam Marshall is so overated, I just haven't been impressed with him, Jack Jones seems like a stud

Kinda weak this year for CBs at the top since there hasn't been a premier guy yet. Denzel Ward was getting talked up as a top guy but he might have to switch to free safety. He's a sticky coverage guy but doesn't really ball hawk as well as he could. Also considering how much Urban Meyer coaches that up means its a bit concerning that he's only ever gotten one pick. Tarvarus McFadden might switch to strong safety too. Colorados been torched by every half decent offense this year and Isaiah Oliver is part of that problem. He has great athleticism though. Quenton Meeks is creeping up the board. He's turning into an all around shut down corner at the collegiate level but there might be questions about his speed downfield. Jaire Alexander lost this season to injury but he was an all around machine for Louisville last year.
Imam Marshall is freefalling down boards after starting off the season with McFadden as top 25 prospects. Falk and Rosen both picked him apart and he gave up like 200 something yards to Jordan Lasley. Joshua Jackson is the premier ballhawk after moving to the right side. Picked off Barrett three times. Might be the first off the board if he tests well.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
How’s the WR group look next year between mid 1st to mid 2nd? Bad as they need defense Dez isn’t elite anymore and Butler and Terrence are bad, Dallas may need to upgrade there.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Based off my no-good opinion, Oklahoma State's James Washington is exactly the type of player Dallas needs. He would be a homerun in the second.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doltos posted:

Just Curious, how did you feel about Kizer?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Tom Sellout posted:

Based off my no-good opinion, Oklahoma State's James Washington is exactly the type of player Dallas needs. He would be a homerun in the second.

but is his mother a prostitute?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flikken posted:

Just Curious, how did you feel about Kizer?

Here is last years thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797562

quote:

QBs:

I don't really like Kizer that much. Runs a lot and has a long delivery but not a very powerful throw. Very accurate though and can throw on the run. Reminds me of Geno or Tannehill.

Kaaya's cool. He goes through reads and is asked to take passes out of pro sets even though he does a lot in shotgun. Rushes passes a lot and will throw before pressure gets there. Decent pocket presence though.

Trubisky's throw is kinda long but he's able to bomb it. Looks good squaring his shoulders before throwing. Underrated runner too.

Watson reminds me a lot of Mariota. Really bad thrower. Wildly inaccurate. Spread 'em out shotgun type that likes to hit slant and comeback routes. There was a time when that type of QB would suck in the NFL but now Dak exists so, whatever.

Mahomes is another spread shotgun QB that has a hell of an arm. Makes really wild, stupid throws that always seem to work out. I'm talking hop passes and falling forward bombs. Has absolutely zero pocket presence and runs at the first sign of pressure. I think I'm reusing Manziel evaluations but I really like watching Mahomes so whatever.

Chad Kelly was the top dog going in but is playing himself out of the first day. Looks the part and throws a really nice ball but makes a ton of really boneheaded mistakes. Shotgun only QB with questionable ability to throw under pressure. Also might get himself hurt one day with how he runs the ball.

My intriguing prospect of the year is actually a QB and his name is Brady Gustafson. Shotgun only giant of a QB for Montana that's built like a twig and throws incredible passes. Has a tough time when the pocket collapses and likes to step up into pressure. Still though, he throws NFL caliber passes all over the field. Should be fun to watch him if he gets combine invites.

Overall I'd say this class doesn't have a clear #1 yet but looks pretty deep. Next year has lamar fuckin jackson tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao loving Brady Gustafson

• Locked thread