Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I'm not sure I want to know what SBaHJ bbq sauce tastes like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

I can't help but feel like this might be a middle finger directed specifically at the people who didn't like kc green's SBAHJ comics in Paradox Space

I'm against KC Green's involvement with this book because every second he spends on it is a second he isn't working on "He is A Good Boy", and is thus a second wasted: http://hiagb.com/1

"Back" is also good: http://backcomic.com/1

KC Green is just good in general, really.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

For the record, a number of people are unhappy that dril's true name/identity has been unveiled to the world so I'm glad we can count on Homestuck fans to be terrible even after the comic is done.

EDIT: now apparently I'm hearing the guy they found isn't dril after all but I don't really care enough to look into this. It's actually more 50% not wanting to ruin the magic, 50% "wow I don't care"

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 17, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man with the inclusion of VAUALBLE CHOUPONS i cant afford not to buy this opulent peace of poo poo!!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ArfJason posted:

proof that the first sbahj book cant be topped is that they reused the really long bookmark joke

(but if the book really is angled weirdly then that's pretty good)

my favorite goof from the original SBAHJ book was that you could pay like $10 for Hussie's signature, or $50 for Dave's

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I love the Dark Coupon that makes your order cost more

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

my favorite goof from the original SBAHJ book was that you could pay like $10 for Hussie's signature, or $50 for Dave's

Mine is Sweet Bro and Helpful Jeff (or the unnecessarily long bookmark)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The holographic stairs bookmark was mine. I used it everywhere until I left it on a deployment. I'd probably buy another book to get another.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i would love to hear the conversations between the printer and Topatoco

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Color Printer posted:

For the record, a number of people are unhappy that dril's true name/identity has been unveiled to the world so I'm glad we can count on Homestuck fans to be terrible even after the comic is done.

EDIT: now apparently I'm hearing the guy they found isn't dril after all but I don't really care enough to look into this. It's actually more 50% not wanting to ruin the magic, 50% "wow I don't care"

Who the gently caress is dril and why should I give a poo poo about him or his secret identity in the first place

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dril is the foremost public intellectual of our time

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
He's the guy behind that "'I'm not owned! I'm not owned!' i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob" tweet that gets screencapped all the time

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Plom Bar posted:

He's the guy behind that "'I'm not owned! I'm not owned!' i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob" tweet that gets screencapped all the time

My favorite is http://twitter.com/dril/status/205052027259195393

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
http://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?lang=en

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Looking at that kickstarter i just realized the SBAHJ comic about putting the spoon away was loving retroactive-foreshadowing John's Arms appearing out of nowhere everywhere

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
and then John flipped the universe turn-ways

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Homestuck is still worthless loving trash but dril being paid is always good and sbahj is still good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as a dog returns to its vomit, so a homestuck reader posts in this thread

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I dunno, I think I might be done. The value of mspa in general was never the properties, it was Hussie's unique writing and humor, and in sbahj in particular his very ideosyncratic bad art. This looks like another project where he is hiring someone else to imitate of him, which just isn't appealing. I want to see Hussie do Hussie, not cohen, not kc and not even dril.
On the other hand, if the latest sbahj update was by Hussie then he may have lost his touch anyway.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

He will always be The Big Man, sorry opinions

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

As soon as dril has an authour, his posts stop being communal pieces of found art that everyone gets to own. This is why people are hostile to the "discovery" that he is a human being who may sometimes do things to get paid, or collaborate with other writers/artists, or have a regular human name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

As soon as dril has an authour, his posts stop being communal pieces of found art that everyone gets to own. This is why people are hostile to the "discovery" that he is a human being who may sometimes do things to get paid, or collaborate with other writers/artists, or have a regular human name.

That's a lot of baggage to lay at the foot of a funny twitter man

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

well, dril is a more accomplished writer than cohen. he had a whole slew of funny and timeless tweets, as opposed to cohen who was one of the many many twittermen mad about turmp

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Supercar Gautier posted:

Everyone doesn't get to own dril's tweets. Dril made those.

They're his tweets.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Everyone doesn't get to own dril's tweets. Dril made those.

They're his tweets.

I agree, I'm being critical of the people who don't want to see or credit him as a person. I am saying it is bad to treat his work as communal found art.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the barcode scanning as a bag of doritos will never stop being funny to me

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

i would love to hear the conversations between the printer and Topatoco

Seriously. I wonder how many times they had to explain that it looking like poo poo was the point.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

I dunno, I think I might be done. The value of mspa in general was never the properties, it was Hussie's unique writing and humor, and in sbahj in particular his very ideosyncratic bad art. This looks like another project where he is hiring someone else to imitate of him, which just isn't appealing. I want to see Hussie do Hussie, not cohen, not kc and not even dril.
On the other hand, if the latest sbahj update was by Hussie then he may have lost his touch anyway.

yeah the new sbahj felt a little uninspired, and it's kinda sad that he has to get assistance from a decently funny tweetman and a fairly unfunny comicman (Casey "The Punchline Is A Wacky Face" Green).... i guess hussie is just too busy writing the mothafucking epic contination of Hive's Wap.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sharrrk posted:

the barcode scanning as a bag of doritos will never stop being funny to me

Oh my god

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Andrew posted:

The way I see it is, you don't just get any clown off the street to write for characters with the complexity and emotional depth that these ones have. You bring out the big guns. This is a man who knows his way around a huge rear end.

Adventure Update on MSPA, on sbahj & dril

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

I can't help but feel like this might be a middle finger directed specifically at the people who didn't like kc green's SBAHJ comics in Paradox Space
He did sbahj stuff before Paradox Space.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm just now playing Hiveswap due to steam sale.
It's okay so far, except when I remember comparable parts in Homestuck. But for an adventure game, it's actually really cute and charming. I'm just annoyed, though, that I just clicked on some stuff in Xefros's hive. Apparently all Indigo bloods are strong and polite like Equius, all dark red bloods have connections to the dead like Aradia? Really? This seems like Star Wars expanded universe logic, but maybe this was in the comic too, it's been a while.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm just now playing Hiveswap due to steam sale.
It's okay so far, except when I remember comparable parts in Homestuck. But for an adventure game, it's actually really cute and charming. I'm just annoyed, though, that I just clicked on some stuff in Xefros's hive. Apparently all Indigo bloods are strong and polite like Equius, all dark red bloods have connections to the dead like Aradia? Really? This seems like Star Wars expanded universe logic, but maybe this was in the comic too, it's been a while.

I think the comic did eventually start implying stuff like this, yeah. Especially with each blood colour employing a specific power.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
from what I remember the comic just says that the lower castes are more likely to manifest psychic powers

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

from what I remember the comic just says that the lower castes are more likely to manifest psychic powers

This

The unique characteristics of the cast were meant to be just that.

But of course extended universe poo poo ruins everything

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It's part of why I'm not a fan of the overdesigned nature of the characters. I always thought the trolls all dressed in a fairly uniform fashion was because that was the norm for their society, and the higher you got the more varied the clothes (Caste, wealth, status... Feferi/Eridan) or you had to take a specific interest in it (Kanaya). It gave it a much better dystopic feel for a society that was driven by galactic conquest with all adults banished and children raised by barely-sentient animals. These guys feel like their appearance was designed first and everything else is an afterthought.

I think the only way I would like all these WACKY NEW TROLLS~~~~

is if they all died pointlessly in the first two minutes of the game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wanted to make a point about how the main 12 were supposed to be weirdo misfits (as both karkat and vriska say at one point) but im not really sure if its pertinent

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the new trolls are all just background NPCs in an adventure game, they can be overdesigned and wacky and 2-dimensional because they'll have like 2 lines of dialogue each, if they have any at all

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ArfJason posted:

I wanted to make a point about how the main 12 were supposed to be weirdo misfits (as both karkat and vriska say at one point) but im not really sure if its pertinent

yeah this is true. i do definitely recall Equius being described as "kind of a freak" at one point for his strength, and Vriska is definitely not supposed to have mind-control powers as a cerulean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
basically the take-away i always got from Alternia "world building" was that it was all dependent on what Hussie thought was funniest at the time and should ultimately default to them being gray, horned humans with stupid overcomplicated names for everything

e. that being said i do love that one exchange between Jade and Kanaya where Jade is like, "so you're weird bug aliens, huh" and Kanaya replies "And You Are Upright Livestock."

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 24, 2017