Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

mandatory lesbian posted:

whats a cwc, cis-white canadian is all i can think of but i have a feeling thats not what you mean

uh oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
is chris chan filtered or something

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

whats a cwc, cis-white canadian is all i can think of but i have a feeling thats not what you mean

Turn back now

This is your last chance before you are consumed by the abyss

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dias posted:

is chris chan filtered or something

oh is that what they meant? sorry i forgot it was still 2008

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

It's from a Canadian news reporter talking about a politician "calling him a cuck on twitter" which in 2016 was so hilariously bizarre to hear on tv but now is depressingly common.

Goose ascended to his final form when he convinced himself he has 150 iq and should be a billionaire some day. He's a cwc you don't have to feel bad about making fun of, but drat does he know a lot about goldeneye
Yea, I get the reference, the video was his sub alert. Its just that its not funny, and if it is funny, just do it, don't make it some stupid dare. Its like his brain thought it was funny but somehow knew it was dumb and bad at the same time.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

eSporks posted:

Yea, I get the reference, the video was his sub alert. Its juts that its not funny, and if it is funny, just do it, don't make it some stupid dare. Its like his brain thought it was funny but somehow knew it was dumb and bad at the same time.

he calls people cucks on twitter all the time anyway

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Chinese-white Canadian? Is he mixed race? I'm curious too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
chris-chan, the mentally ill sonichu woman

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

he calls people cucks on twitter all the time anyway

so his donation goals are meaningless then?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

As an American cityslicker there's something very adorable to me about a Canadian guy's attempts to be as edgy as possible and the worst horrors he's come up with to commits against his victims tweeting cuck, supporting Donald Trump and being straight edge...No one is spared his wrath...:ohdear:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

beep by grandpa posted:

As an American cityslicker there's something very adorable to me about a Canadian guy's attempts to be as edgy as possible and the worst horrors he's come up with to commits against his victims tweeting cuck, supporting Donald Trump and being straight edge...No one is spared his wrath...:ohdear:

He really really hates trans people if that helps you.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The edge is so strong!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I miss when being edgy meant being a brooding lame teen with just a tinge of pent-up aggressiveness and not spouting horrendous rhetoric about The Gays And The Colored, just like I miss when trolling meant making other people look stupid instead of being stupid yourself and somehow being convinced that people are angry of you because they don't get it instead of it being just because you're obnoxious as gently caress (not you beep, just in case this gets misinterpreted).

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yea since when did being "edgy" mean disliking minorities

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
It used to be more common to dislike minorities, so now that it's less accepted, it became edgy to do.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Violently Car posted:

It used to be more common to dislike minorities, so now that it's less accepted, it became edgy to do.

Goddamn, you're not even wrong, edgy teens used to be all about tits, blood and sticking it to the establishment (especially organized religion), now that we talk more about sexuality, violence on the media has been normalized and most people don't give a gently caress if you don't go to the church every Sunday, they're actually becoming conservative assholes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think society's a lot better than it's ever been, you just can't take the nonsense seriously...I just see it as a big retarded internet arms race, for the most part, really

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Edgy internet teens totally were all about racism and other biogtry back in the day and yall are lucky if you never had to run into that, I guess.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

I think society's a lot better than it's ever been

:chaostrump:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I used to think all these assholes on IRC (I'm old) were being Ironic about being racists sexist assholes (Isn't it so funny someone actually thought this? lolololol)...

Turns out I was only about half right.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

I think society's a lot better than it's ever been, you just can't take the nonsense seriously...I just see it as a big retarded internet arms race, for the most part, really

Your president is Donald Trump because of that arms race and you just had literal Nazis marching around because of it too, mine has just taken off half of workers' rights in a year, Congress passed a law allowing the psychological treatment of homossexuality and now they're about to make ANY sort of abortion illegal. There's an even worse type than Trump too making good leeway on preliminary polls for next year.

The Internet is real, this ain't 2001, everyone's in it. poo poo ain't apocalyptic but the whole detached "it's just joke" thing doesn't work anymore because we're actively walking back a lot of the progress we did make due to that bullshit. Not sayin' you should care or that you're part of the problem, but that's a fact. Anyway, this ain't the place to discuss that, it invariably ends badly and I'm too bored to take a sixer right now soooo...vote for Half 2018.

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

no

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Your president is Donald Trump because of that arms race and you just had literal Nazis marching around because of it too, mine has just taken off half of workers' rights in a year, Congress passed a law allowing the psychological treatment of homossexuality and now they're about to make ANY sort of abortion illegal. There's an even worse type than Trump too making good leeway on preliminary polls for next year.

The Internet is real, this ain't 2001, everyone's in it. poo poo ain't apocalyptic but the whole detached "it's just joke" thing doesn't work anymore because we're actively walking back a lot of the progress we did make due to that bullshit. Not sayin' you should care or that you're part of the problem, but that's a fact. Anyway, this ain't the place to discuss that, it invariably ends badly and I'm too bored to take a sixer right now soooo...vote for Half 2018.

I don't think we disagree with too much here, honestly and thanks for the civil reply. My thoughts are that general internet shittery is still very much disconnected from the real world and I think it's a waste of time to try to compile lists of who's bad and who's good as many waste their precious time doing (*not* saying you do this, just an example of responses I see to edgelords). I genuinely do not think the ratio of bad people to google people is in some sort of decay as many seem to be afraid of- which is kinda where my entire point is coming from. To me those elements are always going to be there, always. But I think a lot of this is cyclical and sadly rests on what's trendy and what's not trendy (people are attracted to both). I would promise you almost anything this pendulum is going to swing the opposite direction in the next few years when everyone inevitably gets tired of the constant hysteria and this bubble we're in finally loving bursts up here. This isn't something big I meant to get into to hash out with our fists out on the internet streets but it def was on me to expand a little bit on what I meant by a post I wrote standing on a packed train while I had signal for 2 minutes over the bridge :v:

We've just been talking specifically about the mental condition of rwhitegoose this whole time right?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LTTP Rando just had a double keylock softlock in PoD and the race had to be killed & rescheduled due to an impossible seed :laugh:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

beep by grandpa posted:

LTTP Rando just had a double keylock softlock in PoD and the race had to be killed & rescheduled due to an impossible seed :laugh:

Those have gotten super rare but they're fun when they crop up.

My favorite was one from a few months ago that softlocked when a progression item was locked in spike cave and the runners had no invincibility items or bottles and not enough health to survive the trek.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
It'd be so good if the agdq seed was an impossible seed. so so good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

It'd be so good if the agdq seed was an impossible seed. so so good

Would it tho. Would the quick thrills of a trainwreck run be worth the angry posts on reddit or people bitching about rando runs here?

of course it would what the gently caress am i sayin

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
aren't they on version 27 now? haven't they figured out how to not make an impossible seed?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Suspicious Dish posted:

aren't they on version 27 now? haven't they figured out how to not make an impossible seed?

They're incredibly rare. Usually what happens is a seed generates an edge case that's never been encountered before and they then update the logic to exclude it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dias posted:

Would it tho. Would the quick thrills of a trainwreck run be worth the angry posts on reddit or people bitching about rando runs here?

of course it would what the gently caress am i sayin

Whenever people complain about not liking a run in the GDQ threads it usually leads to some derail about something else entirely that turns out to be silly and worth it. I'm okay with that.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

beep by grandpa posted:

Zore posted:

Those have gotten super rare but they're fun when they crop up.

My favorite was one from a few months ago that softlocked when a progression item was locked in spike cave and the runners had no invincibility items or bottles and not enough health to survive the trek.

Please yes I want to see both of these. Names? Are the recordings even kept?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Suspicious Dish posted:

It was a known edge case of the updated logic where the bow happens to be in the backside of Palace of Darkness and you could by chance keylock yourself out of there. It just happened they both did the same unlucky route.

People wanted to go ahead with v27 anyway so they announced in advance that if a race just so happens to get this particular softlock, it would be rescheduled. I just don't think they expected it to actually happen.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

maou shoujo posted:

Please yes I want to see both of these. Names? Are the recordings even kept?

Twitch records everything: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202151024

Note that: The players key locked themselves, different routing within PoD would have prevented this. They also could have done the hammer jump to unlock themselves, but that's a sequence break that the randomizer logic doesn't require.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

Note that: The players key locked themselves, different routing within PoD would have prevented this. They also could have done the hammer jump to unlock themselves, but that's a sequence break that the randomizer logic doesn't require.

This is hilarious. Even better that Alucard was calling it, I'll be honest, I'll watch any Alucard or PhantomRyu commented match and there's been some interesting matches I've just turned off because the commentary is poor.

I wish the Super Metroid commentators were better, it's interesting but it's hard to get as excited about it as you can with LTTP.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

EoRaptor posted:

I think that my favorite part is that you can see someone in chat call it roughly 30 minutes before it's confirmed. Incredibly entertaining to watch

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Soup du Jour posted:

I think that my favorite part is that you can see someone in chat call it roughly 30 minutes before it's confirmed. Incredibly entertaining to watch

That's more 'a stopped clock is right twice a day' type poo poo. Randomizer chat loves to guess at the worst possible situations all the time. There was no way to know the bow was inside the PoD maze until other places had been checked if you wweren't looking at the spoiler logs.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

That's more 'a stopped clock is right twice a day' type poo poo. Randomizer chat love to guess at the worst possible situations all the time. There was no way to know the bow was inside the PoD maze until other places had been checked if you wweren't looking at the spoiler logs.

I'm really curious what the mathematically worst/trolliest seed would end up being. Has anyone done any analysis on the probability of certain kinds of seeds (i.e. pedestal required, aga required, etc.)

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

axeil posted:

I'm really curious what the mathematically worst/trolliest seed would end up being. Has anyone done any analysis on the probability of certain kinds of seeds (i.e. pedestal required, aga required, etc.)

this one had to be close.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/184822731?t=05h02m19s

(the famed chex vs loogaroo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Boogalo posted:

this one had to be close.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/184822731?t=05h02m19s

(the famed chex vs loogaroo)

Was this the one where they both did a blind pedestal pull and the pedestal turned out to be...nothing and the seed required you to double dip in turtle rock?

• Locked thread