Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DaveKap posted:

Is there a group of 3 here who can mostly guarantee a win as long as their 4th isn't a suicidal mess? I heard today that ebay actually has a bunch of folks selling guaranteed flawless Trials and I have to believe there are 3 players here who can claim the same.

Paging dr. pooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Also I didn't even realize there were 2 rewards for flawless. I thought it was just the added social space.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

f#a# posted:

Have you played Crucible? He's the announcer. You know, the "they can't kill you if they're dead" guy.

And duh he's the best announcer what is wrong with you khy
Finally hearing "Who ever said Warlocks were bad with guns!?... Okay, it was me." was what sold me on him.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

Paging dr. pooom

Yeah but he isn’t on PC. I haven’t found a group of solid pvp goons yet, at least that care about Destiny pvp. There’s only one other PC goon that has gone flawless afaik.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

cvnvcnv posted:

Ughhhh Test Your Might is the worrrrrst I gotta run a Slim Jim over the buttons all super fast to get it done but all mine are unwrapped because I be eating them bitch so my controller is just caked in sticky stinky spicy meat juice in addition to Slim Juice sauce smdh

SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
destiny 1 step forward, destiny 2 steps backwards

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah but he isn’t on PC. I haven’t found a group of solid pvp goons yet, at least that care about Destiny pvp. There’s only one other PC goon that has gone flawless afaik.

Are you gonna come back to ps4?

Also lol your pc elo vs your console elo

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Minrad posted:

Lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Minrad posted:

:eyepop:

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Minrad posted:

This should be the thread title.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Once per character

Well crap. Hope they don't change the vendor loot once the new season rolls out, still need 2 pieces.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Does anyone have any tips on getting airborne kills? I'm on the MIDA quest.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jump up and and down and spray, if you're a warlock go solar top tree.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Does anyone have any tips on getting airborne kills? I'm on the MIDA quest.

You can stand on a rock or any elevanted surface and it counts as "airborne".

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I just bunny hopped around a bit, didn't even use warlock float... put 2 bullets into a body and then the third do a little hop

e: Anyone else get stuck on Finalizing when D2 tries to update? I've been able to get around it in the past but this morning nothing is working, any advice? Already tried deleting tools and cache, and closing/reopening battlenet, and jumping into OW and exiting...

black.lion fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 18, 2017

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

DaveKap posted:

Get a 10-kill streak or #1 for a winning match and you'll turn around on this. Shaxx losing his poo poo is one of the best parts of the game.

"Tell them to line up faster!" "You take them like they grow from trees!"

Shaxx is the best.

Also, people in here talking about going Trials flawless, and here I am looking for people to even play trials with to get one win, because those weapons look awesome.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

black.lion posted:

I just bunny hopped around a bit, didn't even use warlock float... put 2 bullets into a body and then the third do a little hop

e: Anyone else get stuck on Finalizing when D2 tries to update? I've been able to get around it in the past but this morning nothing is working, any advice? Already tried deleting tools and cache, and closing/reopening battlenet, and jumping into OW and exiting...

i had this yesterday and had to reboot to fix it

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Reboot did not work for me :( I'm just gonna let it sit on finalizing for awhile I guess

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

My best is 7-1 and destiny lfg is super inconsistent in group quality, hit me up if you're gonna do some more trials

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you’re going to try lfg, it’s imperative that you vet people via destinytracker. I wouldn’t be having nearly as much luck if I just rolled with the first group that sent me an invite. I usually post my trials kd and ask that the group be in the same neighborhood, and if they aren’t then I’ll just ignore the invite (sometimes if you delete it they’ll just keep sending it over and over again).

el B posted:

Are you gonna come back to ps4?

Also lol your pc elo vs your console elo

I know, right?! I was falling pretty hard into old, bad habits playing on PS4 and I decided to make a conscious effort to get my poo poo together with the clean slate. Turns out getting We Ran Out Of Medals is fairly easy to achieve when you aren’t feeding the other team kills.

btw I’m still raiding on PS4 and I’d be down to do some trials if you guys are still running and ever have a spot. :wink:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I actually really enjoy Trials and Destiny PVP, but the issue with any goon PvP is that we have people who are good players who want to succeed but are maybe new to concepts like Teamshooting because they don’t know how bungle works.

It’s he difference between being good enough to make call-outs vs good enough to respond to call outs

Also shout out to the Race War Raid yesterday, normally I’d be pissed off that we lost about 90 minutes to Discord loving up and multiple CTD bugs but you were all chill and funny and offensive in the gooniest ways so I was happy to spend time doing it.

It was like being at a bar that was also an alien firing range, just shooting the poo poo and getting silly

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I don't know how you could go back to PS4, it felt awful for me when I raided with my irl workmates last week. It's like going to a five-star restuarant and then eating surströmming out of an old woman's fanny.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yes it helps a lot to not play videogames like a broke brain tryhard

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I don't know how you could go back to PS4, it felt awful for me when I raided with my irl workmates last week. It's like going to a five-star restuarant and then eating surströmming out of an old woman's fanny.

The load times...and 72fov...ughhhh

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's like eating surströmming out of an old woman's fanny.

New thread title material right there

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's like eating surströmming out of an old woman's Purse of Osiris.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Bust Rodd posted:

I actually really enjoy Trials and Destiny PVP, but the issue with any goon PvP is that we have people who are good players who want to succeed but are maybe new to concepts like Teamshooting because they don’t know how bungle works.

It’s he difference between being good enough to make call-outs vs good enough to respond to call outs

Also shout out to the Race War Raid yesterday, normally I’d be pissed off that we lost about 90 minutes to Discord loving up and multiple CTD bugs but you were all chill and funny and offensive in the gooniest ways so I was happy to spend time doing it.

It was like being at a bar that was also an alien firing range, just shooting the poo poo and getting silly

oh you tryna start a race war??? CHOOSE SIDES

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Glans Dillzig posted:

oh you tryna start a race war??? CHOOSE SIDES

Obviously the exos and awoken are inferior. Mere pretenders trying to masquerade as human in a sad attempt to give their meaningless afterlives some validation.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Skoll posted:

Does it count like this for Dawnblade kills on the top skill tree because that would be pretty dang sweet

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Skoll posted:

Or you could just jump and shoot people. Idk how people have issues with it, it's super easy.

Also Exos are the superior race and

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SpookyLizard posted:

Or you could just jump and shoot people. Idk how people have issues with it, it's super easy.

Also Exos are the superior race and

Dude was asking for tips on how to do it, that translate to cheese it since some people don't want to hit the space bar.

also exos are spare parts and that's about it.

Kessel posted:

Does it count like this for Dawnblade kills on the top skill tree because that would be pretty dang sweet

No idea.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

btw I’m still raiding on PS4 and I’d be down to do some trials if you guys are still running and ever have a spot. :wink:

Good.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Hell, I feel the slog when I come back from Overwatch, or Titanfall 2, so I totally get not wanting to go back to console.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Skoll posted:

Dude was asking for tips on how to do it, that translate to cheese it since some people don't want to hit the space bar.

also exos are spare parts and that's about it.

No idea.

Here's my protip for the mida quest: jump

us superior exos have figured it out without cheating

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, is there any specific Discords/clans that would be able to help someone through Trials? Picking up groups on LFG tends to get me stomped and my current clan hates/sucks at PVP.

Serin#1793

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 18, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Anyone need the Nightfall still? Fadam#1505 if you do, room for one more.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

go solar top tree.

you should be rocking a sunshot at all times anyway :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
or warding coil

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sunshot is seriously loving awesome and I use it all the time in PvE. The explosion destroys weak enemies in one hit, so you can take out a whole truckload of thralls or w/e in one shot. Combine with the bottom Titan striker tree and skullfort, you can run at a group, blow them all the gently caress up with your sunshot, then punch the last survivor or two (if any)for a K/O that reloads your magazine and heals you so you can do it all over again. :discourse:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Finished the campaign as as Hunter, felt pretty good to basically instantly get to 270 afterward. Class seems kind of eh, though.

Time to go through as a Titan I guess! (Void Lock best of the six subclasses I've played so far)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
They need to get some Flash Gordon movie quotes for Shaxx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4nS9IbT-uk&t=28s

• Locked thread