Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

canyoneer posted:

lol 72 player killstreak against unupgraded mooks from a guy that spent at least $200

He's also terrible which makes it all the more obvious it's P2W. The amount of times he swings wildly and misses rebels that walk right past him and he has to dash back to hit them again or miss point blank saber throws is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Everyone playing should stop and play titanfall 2 instead. It's campaign is well designed and the gameplay features more than just shooting lasers down a hallway, and the multiplayer is balanced and fun. If your brain is broken by indoctrination you can just pretend that the game is set on the distant star wars planet and your character is called idk 'yoda 2' or w/e

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also, its worth pointing out just how bad the crates themselves are. Three different kinds of crates, with wildly different prices, the only difference is you are ~guaranteed~ a card for one of the three categories (trooper, spaceship, hero).

I opened 4 Starfighter crates. I received exactly one card that I could use with a regular starfighter. On the other hand, I have a very upgraded Deadly Fart Jar for Bossk, things for a couple other heroes included dudes I didn't unlock, and a bunch of trooper upgrades. The Starfighter crates are nearly half that of the Trooper crates. Nothing about the crate model makes sense.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Is there sufficient community still in Titanfall 2 to still be worthwhile, and is it accessible to a fresh off the boat player? Sorry to ask such a question in a thread for a completely different game.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'm over here smoking weed and playing BattlefrontII on the couch.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GoGoGadget posted:

This "hate on everything, act like everything is bad, but also act like you don't care about anything" meme is tired as hell.

Game is good. Campaign is great, the story is great. Online is fun. Grind is a bit steep.

I think the campaign is objectively not great.

- Luke mission is stupid AF in both gameplay and story terms
- Campaign, bizarrely, doesn't actually play exactly like the main mode (crouch vs. roll, lazy/bad stealth sections)
- Mostly very short corridors or room defense

The voice acting is really good, but the story itself is at best kind of half-baked and nonsenical.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also, its worth pointing out just how bad the crates themselves are. Three different kinds of crates, with wildly different prices, the only difference is you are ~guaranteed~ a card for one of the three categories (trooper, spaceship, hero).

I opened 4 Starfighter crates. I received exactly one card that I could use with a regular starfighter. On the other hand, I have a very upgraded Deadly Fart Jar for Bossk, things for a couple other heroes included dudes I didn't unlock, and a bunch of trooper upgrades. The Starfighter crates are nearly half that of the Trooper crates. Nothing about the crate model makes sense.

It honestly seems like the pro move is just open 100% starfighter crates, even if you're after trooper stuff. Because of the funny prices of crates.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just finished the last half of the campaign. Jesus that was bad. It's not just the story that's a steaming dog turd but the actual gameplay itself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Any fellow Gaming Traitors on PS4 want to join me in some pew-pew action, I'm gonna hop on for a while. PSN's zerodrone

Also I hate playing as Separatists just because they feel wonky to control even though they have the best Attack mission

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Raged posted:

Just finished the last half of the campaign. Jesus that was bad. It's not just the story that's a steaming dog turd but the actual gameplay itself.

I watched the campaign on youtube a few days ago and was just, "Did the guy writing this literally twirl his mustache the entire time?".

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, one more thing:

I want to apologize for being a smug jerk who actually defended the arcade limits as "lol how much time are you really gonna spend fighting bots"

I didn't realize it basically locks you out after 10 minutes (since most of the challenges seem to be only 2:00 each. That is some poo poo, especially since I assumed the missions were one-time rewards like the campaign. You can barely do anything at all, its stupid and unnecessary.

Chomp8645 posted:

It honestly seems like the pro move is just open 100% starfighter crates, even if you're after trooper stuff. Because of the funny prices of crates.

Thats my plan. I mean I hosed up because I own the game at all, but if I'm going to get anything out of it this is probably the best strategy.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Oh, one more thing:

I want to apologize for being a smug jerk who actually defended the arcade limits as "lol how much time are you really gonna spend fighting bots"

I didn't realize it basically locks you out after 10 minutes (since most of the challenges seem to be only 2:00 each. That is some poo poo, especially since I assumed the missions were one-time rewards like the campaign. You can barely do anything at all, its stupid and unnecessary.

Thats my plan. I mean I hosed up because I own the game at all, but if I'm going to get anything out of it this is probably the best strategy.

In a few months, arcade mode will be the only thing you will be able to play if you bought the PC version. I hope they at least flesh it out and unlock all of the maps + modes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to playing some multiplayer, it's good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wait, is there really no way to play with people on your friend list? Lmao

E: oh I got it. Not very intuitive

precision fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 18, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

People who have friends might go out and spend money on meals and drinks. EA would prefer their market audience has reduced contact with friends in order to free money up to buy more gamble boxes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DancingShade posted:

People who have friends might go out and spend money on meals and drinks. EA would prefer their market audience has reduced contact with friends in order to free money up to buy more gamble boxes.

Epic. So win. Much pog.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

disjoe posted:

:siren:I have performed further research on Star Wars pachinko.:siren:

While it appears a Star Wars pachinko game does exist, it seems horrible and unfun. Therefore I must retract my previous post.

Apologies for the confusion.

I own a Star Was Pachinko machine :911:

Here is a terrible picture of it.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

precision posted:

E: oh I got it. Not very intuitive

Yes, it is very well hidden in the top left where your avatar is

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

This game and EA are bad enough and warrant enough discussion that we don't have to resort to Game Shaming those who decided it was worth giving money over to play it.

There were a lot of perfectly reasonable, passionate, not evil people who worked hard on various well crafted aspects of the game who I'm sure will benefit from its sales.

May the Schwartz be with you.

Well said. I’m behind a little on the thread but I would like to mention I’m having a blast. If anyone on PS4 wants to goon up my username is “dustyn_echoes”, I’ll be moving early next week so I might not be on for a little while but add me and hopefully we can stormtrooper together soon!

I’ll add anyone I see while catching back up on the forums.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

:siren:Note::siren: I got the game for free.

Alright, here we go:

Single player

Fairly straightforward shooter-wise. Nothing will really challenge you, and there's nothing that mixes the formula up.

Star Wars story wise? I'm cool with it. Everyone getting all angry about how it "didn't do anything different". Wake up, this is "Star Wars" under Disney and it ain't doing anything daring until the revenue drops. In that regard, I'm guilty, because I enjoyed it as a stupid cliche Star Wars story.

Should you, as a person that passed on Star Wars Battlefront 1 buy this because it has a "single player story"?

gently caress. no.

There's not enough there and let me get into the longevity element:

The Multiplayer.

Loot box. Loot box. Loot box.

I get that it's a "thing". Personally, I prefer season passes, but it's a catch:22.

Game makes enough money on loot boxes? Weak stream of a maps or a hero BUT everyone gets them.Season Pass? Big packs of maps but not everyone gets them.

I get it, split the community: kill the game. You know what immediately killed this game for me?

Let me lay it out as a Battlefield player. I die in Battlefield 3-4, I see the gun, I know I can unlock it but it's not a thing because it's "one gun". It might not be the gun, I might have a chance, so I keep playing.

Battlefront 2? I die, I see the GODDAMN 3 cards my opponent has. Any of those 3 might have caused them to kill me. That does NOT enthuse me to play further, knowing that at this moment my progression is literally random through "loot crates".

NOTE: I am not angry about having to level up, I am angry that the leveling system is literally tied to randomization.

I uninstalled.

And I got the game for free.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 18, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Snuffman posted:

I uninstalled.

And I got the game for free.

The take home message.

Not that it will stop people from screaming "star wars" while masturbating into their branded cinema soft drink cups of course, like a Rich Evans cosplayer.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd say the story was actually way worse than Star Wars cliche. It bordered on nonsensical.

And what the gently caress is up with Luke's face?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Skoll posted:

I'd say the story was actually way worse than Star Wars cliche. It bordered on nonsensical.

And what the gently caress is up with Luke's face?

car accident

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Clawtopsy posted:

car accident

:golfclap:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Campaign chat:

IMO the campaign is decently executed mechanically. The missions are designed well enough for what is essentially an offline primer for a multiplayer game, and the action/stealth is well blended. Overall it's an improvement over the Battlefield 1 campaign. However the story is kinda rear end, and for three reasons.

1) They whole "you are the bad guy" thing is instantly betrayed. I'm talking Star Trek: Voyager levels of "gently caress the premise" here. Literally it does not go past the prologue, because that is the only mission where it is played straight. By the god drat first mission (titled Mission 1) the main character is obviously questioning the empire and priming herself for defection. And then you spend probably 2/3 of the game rebel aligned. I mean we all the knew there was obviously gonna be a defection but like they didn't even try to maintain any pretense of this person being a real imperial.

2) The father/daughter relationship between Iden and the Admiral is completely wasted and pointless. There is not even one single interaction between the two characters in the whole game where it is relevant. It would not have affected anything in the slightest if the admiral was just Iden's mentor, or hell even some guy she didn't know very well but respected on a professional level. I'm honestly at a loss as to why they wrote the two of them as being parent and child, because they do absolutely nothing with it.

3) Every Imperial in the game other than our Main Cast Defectors is a Bioware Villain. They kick puppies and laugh about it. There in no logic in anything they do, and they cannot accomplish anything ever if Iden doesn't help them do it. Operation Cinder itself is so stupid and so forced that it's almost cringe worthy to watch unfold. It removes any dramatic tension to the plot and torpedoes any idea of there being an internal conflict in Iden, or in fact any character, about which side is good and which is bad.

Honestly I think every side character/plot in the game is better than the main one. Lando and Shriv are quality comic relief, Han's interaction with Maz are entertaining, and the finale with Ren and [redacted] is kind of interesting. Even Luke and the one Imp agent is halfway ok even the though the bug enemies make for lovely gameplay. The main plot though? Pure shlock.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 18, 2017

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
There's just gotta be some cut missions though right?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ShineDog posted:

There's just gotta be some cut missions though right?

Doubtful. The story is extremely shallow and lazy. The only "cut" content is what they're gonna release after TLJ since it ends on a cliffhanger. There's a dumb allusion to a major character, but is almost 100% misdirection because there is no way they're going to have a film character related to people you only see for two hours in a video game.

E:

Billy Dee Williams just seems flat. He NEVER changes his tone. On one hand you can write that off as Lando's never say die, always confident personality and attitude. More likely though that Billy Dee was just phoning it in for some of that sweet, sweet Star Wars money and to find relevancy 30 years after ESB.

Shriv is literally the only good thing about the story campaign. At all. Other than that, Chomp pretty much hits it on the head. He forgot to mention the magical disappearing X-Wing ladders, and why someone would land a loving X-Wing to take AT-ATs on, on foot.

Edit 2:

The more I roll over what I just witnessed in my head, the more insulted I feel that EA/DICE thought any of this was ok or passes muster.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 18, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Make sure you play the campaign in first person. It's way more fun. And to be fair, some of the levels are fun spectacle, just quite shallow. Imperial Kissboy is a cool dude too.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
do loot boxes count as cut content

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Oh, one more thing:

I refunded my copy so I can't double check, but I thought it was only 100 credits per mission. At 24 missions, unless you're repeating them (why would you do this?), you're literally out a single crate. Actually not even that because you'll go the first 4-5 without hitting the cap.

Edit: To be clear I'm not saying it's a good thing, just that the reward is so minuscule in the first place that it only exists to piss you off for being a stupid design decision, and the amount you forfeit is basically pointless anyways.

nessin fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 18, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k

NSFW I guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to find a game, any game, and literally nothing is firing on the release weekend. Whatever the numbers are, they are definitely not good.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I've not had any issues yet. What system?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
On PS4.

After cycling through modes trying to find one that wouldn't dump me in a room with "Waiting for 18 more players" for 5+ minutes, I got into a Strike game. Where I was ruthlessly brutalized by clone troopers with triple epic star cards while my team seemed to be comprised of only level 0s or 1s. After the game ended in defeat, I quit.

And I've been staring at a black screen with the music playing for about 7 minutes now. Looks like I've encountered my first bug.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Cinnamon Bear posted:

This is the worst part of the system. I played assault all day yesterday and I got a bunch of worthless officer cards.

The progression system is just bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cinnamon Bear posted:

On PS4.

After cycling through modes trying to find one that wouldn't dump me in a room with "Waiting for 18 more players" for 5+ minutes, I got into a Strike game. Where I was ruthlessly brutalized by clone troopers with triple epic star cards while my team seemed to be comprised of only level 0s or 1s. After the game ended in defeat, I quit.

And I've been staring at a black screen with the music playing for about 7 minutes now. Looks like I've encountered my first bug.

Yeah the "waiting for players" thing is a bug. I haven't had any issues finding games in the past several hours at all but when that happens I've had to quit out and back in.

Thanks Space Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

daslog posted:

This is the worst part of the system. I played assault all day yesterday and I got a bunch of worthless officer cards.

The progression system is just bad.

You can look back at ME3 MP's endless but ultimately fine crate system and chart the course of some EA exec crunching numbers and concluding, "ah yes but if we could only compartmentalize every single aspect of gameplay into lootboxes we would see a 13.76% increase in microtransactions this fiscal quarter" with each new game.