Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

How frequently do you think Bernie looks at the mirror and says:

"I would have won."

None because Bernie isn't petty like most of his fanbase :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He doesn't appear to groom himself so I don't think he owns any mirrors

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I dunno, I feel like he would make the joke every now and then.

It's like Obama saying "Thanks Obama".

EDIT

paul_soccer10 posted:

This is probably the case.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

How frequently do you think Bernie looks at the mirror and says:

"I would have won."

He's too loving classy for that poo poo. He needs to start grooming someone now. He had his chance and he would've won, but the "good guys" made sure that didn't happen. I'm thinking about joining the DSA instead of bitching to an internet forum. At least I can say I did something. Occupy Wall Street landed me in jail (I beat the charges), and I swore off activism because that poo poo was so loving disorganized.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Dubplate Fire posted:

He's too loving classy for that poo poo. He needs to start grooming someone now. He had his chance and he would've won, but the "good guys" made sure that didn't happen. I'm thinking about joining the DSA instead of bitching to an internet forum. At least I can say I did something. Occupy Wall Street landed me in jail (I beat the charges), and I swore off activism because that poo poo was so loving disorganized.

It's a comedy forum. To make awful jokes on.

I was too much of a wimp to actually partake in Occupy outside of random supply help.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

Mirrors are a useless trapping of the bourgeoisie

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

It's a comedy forum. To make awful jokes on.

I was too much of a wimp to actually partake in Occupy outside of random supply help.

Yeah, I've been laughing at the democrats since the campaign started, I'm just starting to feel guilty about it.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Dubplate Fire posted:

Yeah, I've been laughing at the democrats since the campaign started, I'm just starting to feel guilty about it.

Por que no los dos?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhY9Zxv1-oo

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Por que no los dos?

Why not both? I don't speak Spanish but I think that's what you're saying. I've been laughing at the Republicans too. I've been laughing the whole drat time, while I watch people get hostile towards each other. It's not funny to me anymore.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Dubplate Fire posted:

Honestly I thought if Trump was president people would wake the gently caress up. Nope, things just look even worse now, everyone is distracted by the news. Facebook is the worst, thanks for giving me all the news that you think I want to see. You know NASA just released some dope rear end photos of Mars, the other day. It's not a red wasteland, it looks cool as poo poo, multicolored formations and all this wild poo poo. Maybe I missed it but my friend had to show me this poo poo. It never showed up in my feed, and the mainstream media only wants to cover Trump. He's a loving retard we get it. We have all this access to knowledge and we know even less now. That would've been some front page poo poo back in the day. Now its a footnote, and everyone is gonna die thinking Mars is a red wasteland, because the news had to make up some fake poo poo about a koi pond or some poo poo. It's just ridiculous at this point and anyone who doesn't see it I feel sorry for.

You can't just drop this in here without a link, come on.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

nasa.gov

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
lol just lol at the av change

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Trump winning wasn't supposed to be a "wake up call". It was supposed to weaken corporatist dems. This has more or less worked. Rank is broken, they're doubling down, and generally in denial about what their constituents want. This allows groups like the DSA to pick and prod at their seats. It's not exactly going ideally as there is a certain kind of dem who is dedicated to the center right faux libertarian stance they currently have, theyre stupid as poo poo and an obstruction at this point.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Tonetta posted:

Wow who did you piss off

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Skypie posted:

Wow who did you piss off

a trump voter

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Tonetta posted:

a trump voter

That's a shame. Your Samus av was cool as hell

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tonetta posted:

You need to try harder and really get under someone's skin to get a nice free fascist avatar like mine. They're all the rage.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

I dunno, I feel like he would make the joke every now and then.

https://vine.co/v/OPq02dpidBM

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Skypie posted:

That's a shame. Your Samus av was cool as hell

it'll be back eventually, someone always brings it back

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

You, an imbecile: hurr its bad to cut taxes because the rich already have too much money duurr
Me:
https://twitter.com/clusterstock/status/931581856017010688

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

new phone who dis posted:

Find me a story about someone setting themselves on fire in front of a public hospital and burning to death because they couldn't work them in for 3 months even though they had coverage. I'll wait.

My grandpa almost bled to death (he left a few pints on the floor) waiting about 6 or 8 hours in a hospital while having insurance coverage that ultimately did cover his stay.

He also got kicked out of the hospital a day after he was well enough to leave the ICU.

The system works and nothing needs to change. :angel:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maya Fey posted:

You, an imbecile: hurr its bad to cut taxes because the rich already have too much money duurr
Me:
https://twitter.com/clusterstock/status/931581856017010688

There it is. Literally nobody can afford to live in NYC.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DancingShade posted:

You need to try harder and really get under someone's skin to get a nice free fascist avatar like mine. They're all the rage.

someone went looking for and gave me a picture of someone eating poo poo as an av once

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dubplate Fire posted:

He's doing what Biden is, so we know he's running. With Biden running too, they can't play the old card.

Which is really a good thing because even though Bernie would be a one term president, probably, the dems are utterly spineless enough that a lot of them would shot to the left knowing it would get them elected.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A lot of dems stand to lose hard on Bernie's anti corruption lean. He would probably be blocking silicon valley mergers and generally going after pay 4 play poo poo as well. Many democrats would rather lose than hold office while bound to bernie.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

someone went looking for and gave me a picture of someone eating poo poo as an av once

I feel like knowing that they had to hunt that down and pay money for you to have it makes it a win for you.

Though maybe they had a whole folder of poo poo eaters on their HDD. You never know.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

There it is. Literally nobody can afford to live in NYC.

I, too find that $190 million a year is necessary, I think to myself as I post to Somethingawful.com from my $7,000 sofa in Midtown NYC.
*farts, but richly*

Tonetta posted:

a trump voter

"But Trump voters aren't petty or passive aggressive, they're alpha pack and will just truth bomb you until see the error of your ways or swear to Satan/Communism Satan. :sad: "

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xSVzdUNqo

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Mistle posted:

I, too find that $190 million a year is necessary, I think to myself as I post to Somethingawful.com from my $7,000 sofa in Midtown NYC.
*farts, but richly*

"But Trump voters aren't petty or passive aggressive, they're alpha pack and will just truth bomb you until see the error of your ways or swear to Satan/Communism Satan. :sad: "

mods, please change my username to "Farts But Richly"

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

I like how baffled those guys were at the idea that the job market is shot, or that people haven't seen a real wage increase in forever :laffo:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

basic hitler posted:

A lot of dems stand to lose hard on Bernie's anti corruption lean. He would probably be blocking silicon valley mergers and generally going after pay 4 play poo poo as well. Many democrats would rather lose than hold office while bound to bernie.

Keep going, I’m almost there

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Marxalot posted:

I like how baffled those guys were at the idea that the job market is shot, or that people haven't seen a real wage increase in forever :laffo:

I'm the bald guy doing the double take.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

Keep going, I’m almost there

Bernie's presidency is truly and honestly a paradise tragically and forever out of reach.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bernie Sanders, when the walls fell. His eyes open.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder if there is even a single member of congress who would risk angering their owners to support any bill a sanders presidency would write?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

COMRADES posted:

Bernie Sanders, when the walls fell. His eyes open.

:eyepop: I hope thats a reference to the LF homework thread

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i wonder if there is even a single member of congress who would risk angering their owners to support any bill a sanders presidency would write?
Maybe a Senator or two, or some Reps who got elected as flukes and know it's their only shot at the big time.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Marxalot posted:

My grandpa almost bled to death (he left a few pints on the floor) waiting about 6 or 8 hours in a hospital while having insurance coverage that ultimately did cover his stay.

He also got kicked out of the hospital a day after he was well enough to leave the ICU.

The system works and nothing needs to change. :angel:
Here's a 90s commercial I remember seeing in my youth about medical staff waiting with bated breath for a discover credit card transaction to be accepted before administering life saving aid in the emergency room.
https://adland.tv/commercials/discover-card-emergency-room-2001-030-usa

I would link a youtube version of it except that it looks like someone has taken down any version of the commercial that was previously on youtube.

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 13:45 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Dubplate Fire posted:

This is from a few pages ago, but the argument that it's our job to pay for the rest of the world's socialized healthcare is the loving dumbest poo poo I've ever heard. I've heard this poo poo from conservatives my whole life and it's the dumbest loving argument. The notion is so loving ridiculous to the core that it's impossible to argue with since it's not based on any logic at all. gently caress the insurance companies, gently caress the pharmaceutical companies, gently caress the stupid universities, gently caress the doctors for buying into this poo poo, and frankly gently caress anyone who isn't for universal healthcare. I'm stuck at my stupid loving job because I have decent health insurance. I consider myself lucky. Why are we relying on our employers to provide basic poo poo when there is a surplus of labor? This model loving sucks, capitalism is not working anymore, and Democrats are a joke. Sorry for not lolling.
I've heard this argument unironically from a few people and it is absolutely absurd that anyone could push this argument as a justification for why americans have the highest consumer drug and medical prices in the entire world, including much higher than neighboring Canada.

• Locked thread