Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I use Safari bc the fonts still look bad in Firefox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Millstone posted:

You're holding It wrong

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Came here to say that Firefox Quantum is working great and is clearly the best browser available on windows today!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

whats wrong with a red panda tryin to suck it's own dick? :colbert:

the icon for 57 is has the saturation turned up to 11 and it looks bad

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the icon for 57 is has the saturation turned up to 11 and it looks bad

i beg you, please, stop signing

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

carry on then posted:

i beg you, please, stop signing

my shitposts go to 12

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol google maps is completely hosed. zooming basically leaves me with a black screen

wtf is this beta quality bullshit?

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

emoji posted:

I use Safari bc the fonts still look bad in Firefox.

webrender devs are reverse engineering the font rendering on each platform, so maybe try again when that's added to firefox

https://twitter.com/pcwalton/status/918991457532354560

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

lol google maps is completely hosed. zooming basically leaves me with a black screen

wtf is this beta quality bullshit?

yeah idk why but performance has been getting steadily worse in chrome too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's working okay in edge, haven't tried in chrome recently. in ff57 it's hosed though, all the ui elements render and the map images show for about half a second then go black after ever zoom step

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone one said master-beta yet

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

echinopsis posted:

has anyone one said master-beta yet

surprisingly no

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol, and youtube videos just started showing black with only the ui elements rendered and audio playing.

fix your loving rendering before you do a public release you shitwizards. goddamn, this is some microsoft tier poo poo.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the power of rust

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i'm on 57 and i have none of these problems?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what video card do you have?

this is on my workstation, so maybe it's something with the nvidia drivers

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
an ancient amd radeon 7800

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol, and youtube videos just started showing black with only the ui elements rendered and audio playing.

fix your loving rendering before you do a public release you shitwizards. goddamn, this is some microsoft tier poo poo.

works for me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it works again if i close and reopen firefox, whatever's happening is causing part of the renderer to fail until i restart ff.

so far i've had a white screen crash (all tabs just show blank white) with eight open tabs and the video/maps renderer fuckup in 36 hours. before the quantum update firefox worked just fine.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

it works again if i close and reopen firefox, whatever's happening is causing part of the renderer to fail until i restart ff.

so far i've had a white screen crash (all tabs just show blank white) with eight open tabs and the video/maps renderer fuckup in 36 hours. before the quantum update firefox worked just fine.

Sir you're loving holding it wrong. Thank you next post

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I had it crash like that once on old Firefox, haven't had it in current yet but i don't think its anything new

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i've had firefox go all-black occasionally, but this is on 52 ESR so who the gently caress knows. firefox will always be a ramshackle heap of an application.

i really need to try using vivaldi fulltime, but im lazy and frightened of change

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

when I'm playing a game and try to watch a YouTube the video is all stuttery and weird. it's annoying but google is bad

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

user error

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes in that my error is using firefox

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Millstone posted:

Sir you're loving holding it wrong. Thank you next post

extremely this

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

there's nothing wrong with firefox

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

there's nothing wrong with firefox

and there never has been

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

https://www.cdc.gov/tetanus/surveillance.html

I cant figure out how to get to individual bug reports tho so any thoughts?? thx

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/11/20/firefox-private-browsing-vs-chrome-incognito/

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i am mostly surprised and rather pleased that rust is actually coming around to doing something. i was pretty sure it'd at least never end up significant to firefox itself, and that it'd likely peter out broadly irrelevant. but i guess there is some 100 kloc of it spinning about styling pages for me, so good on them

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i am mostly surprised and rather pleased that rust is actually coming around to doing something. i was pretty sure it'd at least never end up significant to firefox itself, and that it'd likely peter out broadly irrelevant. but i guess there is some 100 kloc of it spinning about styling pages for me, so good on them

from what i understand, rust is the future

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

rust is amazing! rust feels incredible! YES YES YES YES!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2AlmwGxDRI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I am on Firefox fifty nine wrap it up failures

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

my uncle works for firefox. he showed me firefox 100. its really good and he told me a cheat code to get all the tabs but i'm not allowed to tell you what it is

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bloody posted:

I am on Firefox fifty nine wrap it up failures

But failure is already wrapped up (in the Firefox installer, because Firefox in 2017 is literally worse than Safari-on-Windows circa 2011).

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy chrome

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Schadenboner posted:

But failure is already wrapped up (in the Firefox installer, because Firefox in 2017 is literally worse than Safari-on-Windows circa 2011).

actually the firefox installer is just a downloader these days and safari on windows was unironic good

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

apparently firefox quantum doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding

not like "we've disabled it until it doesn't crash on some antique video cards" but like... it's not coded at all

quoting from way back here, but i don't think firefox ever has had any video accel support, at least in linux. maybe at one time through gstreamer...

chromium hasn't traditionally been any better in this regard, except that there is possible to patch in vaapi support in the newest versions. when you enable vaapi in linux on chrome (and enable the h264ify plugin so youtube don't try to play vp9), you barely use any cpu at all playing videos.

a shame that chrome has been so slow in supporting this, it has been working on chromeos for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sweevo posted:

my uncle works for firefox. he showed me firefox 100. its really good and he told me a cheat code to get all the tabs but i'm not allowed to tell you what it is

nice

• Locked thread