Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Even despite the bugs, the comedy of it all is that there is no content to go with those bugs.

They’re not looking at 100’s of hours of gameplay and complex systems and a complex game.

They’re looking at a game with about 2-3 hours of content before you need to find enjoyment somehow in a “sandbox” with no gameplay loop.

The amount of bugs vs the content present is hugely off base. Nobody cares though because questioning why CIG has made virtually no progress isn’t a topic for discussion.

Instead of talking about what they’re developing and working on, and the loving game, it’s a week long of DLC sales. For Pete’s sake guys, wake the gently caress up.

This is one of those things people need to try and pull themselves away for a moment to understand the full hilarity.

Backers are looking forward to 3.0. 3.0 release. 3.0 3.0 3.0 3.0.

All of these bugs and all of this time and all of this money. Five years and one hundred and seventy million dollars to create not even the game. Not even a fraction of the game. Not even a beta concept of the game. Not even a working alpha of the game. But they are struggling with the core foundational technology of their engine and are mired in years of delays and thousands of bugs while trying to even begin testing if 5% of their features can even exist in the first place.

Backers are so deep they are down to considering any progress or anything they can call progress at all a victory no matter how small. They have completely lost any and all perspective on the situation.

We tend to forget ourselves sometimes when we mock things like the ship sales for so long. Like the land claiming ship. It cost $850. eight hundred and fifty dollars.

Eight hundred and fifty dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rantista
Oct 20, 2017
CIG's marketing department isn't bad, I bought the Concierge VIP card on 25th and got it delivered this week! Now if the devs could do the same :-)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rantista posted:

CIG's marketing department isn't bad, I bought the Concierge VIP card on 25th and got it delivered this week! Now if the devs could do the same :-)

25th of... October 2015?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Blue On Blue posted:

25th of... October 2015?

Any more and things would begin to get stale.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this is good for st

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic posted:

Even despite the bugs, the comedy of it all is that there is no content to go with those bugs.

They’re not looking at 100’s of hours of gameplay and complex systems and a complex game.

They’re looking at a game with about 2-3 hours of content before you need to find enjoyment somehow in a “sandbox” with no gameplay loop.

The amount of bugs vs the content present is hugely off base. Nobody cares though because questioning why CIG has made virtually no progress isn’t a topic for discussion.

Instead of talking about what they’re developing and working on, and the loving game, it’s a week long of DLC sales. For Pete’s sake guys, wake the gently caress up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

👌👈🙄

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

To r/starcitizen mod Jumbify

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Been going through some old files.

https://i.imgur.com/YgCx9Rs.mp4

classic.

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 18, 2017

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Mirificus posted:

To r/starcitizen mod Jumbify

You would think that with all of the open salt from backers lately they would bring up that concept to boycott ship sales until they get 3.0.

You know the one from a year ago.

And how they are still waiting on 3.0.

And how they are going through an eight day sale soon.

And how they will have a holiday sale after that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/931291032272195586

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Been going through some old files.

classic.

You know that feeling when you say something super stupid and realize how badly you stuck your foot in your mouth?

This is that exact feeling in gif form, you can feel it through the screen

Do you think Sandi is like that 24/7 or just on camera trying to make a scene?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CCP launched SantaBall on steam recently:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/601770/Sparc/

just kidding it looks more accessible and fun than santaball

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.
I wasn't aware until earlier tonight that CIG tweets were absent from my feed. I posted this reply a few days ago.

CIG disliked my name suggestions so much, they blocked me.

Edit: Maybe they were offended I didn't use an umlaut: RiÏfund.

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 18, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Abuminable posted:

I wasn't aware until earlier tonight that CIG tweets were absent from my feed. I posted this reply a few days ago.

CIG disliked my name suggestions so much, they blocked me.

It's because you didn't translate it into totally-not-racist-space-chinese-turtlemans first.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Shouldn't that be 'AM'? :confused:

(I know, nitpicking, but little things like that irritate me)

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Raskolnikov posted:

It's because you didn't translate it into totally-not-racist-space-chinese-turtlemans first.

I don't have time to grind for the knowledge to translate it. I'm waiting on the P2W upgrade to translate it for me.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/markov_bitcoin/status/931658220057317382

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blue On Blue posted:

You know that feeling when you say something super stupid and realize how badly you stuck your foot in your mouth?

This is that exact feeling in gif form, you can feel it through the screen

Do you think Sandi is like that 24/7 or just on camera trying to make a scene?

Hi. I'm the VP of marketing for a 100 million dollar international corporation with hundreds of employees and multiple locations. This is a planned, and edited, video presentation we put on multiple times a week. Don't I look super professional? I've been the most professional since I was a little girl.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Too bad that gremlich bitch blocked me.

Say what you want about big Ben. I've given him an unbelievable amount of poo poo since this thing started and he still responds to me and hasn't blocked me.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Blue On Blue posted:

is everyone at CIG a lead something or other?
Probably, yes; a few might be tin.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Hi. I'm the VP of marketing for a 100 million dollar international corporation with hundreds of employees and multiple locations. This is a planned, and edited, video presentation we put on multiple times a week. Don't I look super professional? I've been the most professional since I was a little girl.

I'm the sweat pants and top that are just thrown on after rolling out of bed @ 3pm, high as a kite and ready to loving MURDER SOME TIM TAMS

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

spacetoaster posted:

If I wear the big old "I'm so loving high" glasses, no one will know I'm so loving high

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

That's all accurate, and also about 1% of what's wrong. The other 99% of the problem is Chris Roberts, "Director", thinks games are movies and he simulates what your perspective is by basically taping a camera to your forehead. Every headbob, every time he takes control of the camera, every immersion animation is a one-way trip to vomitsville.

The first, second, and third rule of VR game development is "never take visual control away from the headset." The only, ONLY time the headset view should move is if the player's head moves. The moment you break that rule, you've just failed to make a VR game.

Chris "Hollywood Director" Roberts will never give camera control away - you might miss his autistic definition of "immersion". His marriage works because he's glued to the back of the camera and Sandi is glued to the front. Neither should be anywhere near one.

:thurman:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

It's like misspelling
Cogito Ergo Sum
Or like insisting
Pluto's a planet with a moon
Or arguing
That a point isn't moot
And who would have thought it's TheGremlich

r/ds has a funny way...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Raskolnikov posted:

CCP launched SantaBall on steam recently:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/601770/Sparc/

just kidding it looks more accessible and fun than santaball

Santaball is already out and it's v good

CCP made 3d Pong in VR but it also looks fun

https://i.imgur.com/mnYeQ8B.gifv

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dogeh posted:

Any more and things would begin to get stale.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

That's all accurate, and also about 1% of what's wrong. The other 99% of the problem is Chris Roberts, "Director", thinks games are movies and he simulates what your perspective is by basically taping a camera to your forehead. Every headbob, every time he takes control of the camera, every immersion animation is a one-way trip to vomitsville.

The first, second, and third rule of VR game development is "never take visual control away from the headset." The only, ONLY time the headset view should move is if the player's head moves. The moment you break that rule, you've just failed to make a VR game.

Chris "Hollywood Director" Roberts will never give camera control away - you might miss his autistic definition of "immersion". His marriage works because he's glued to the back of the camera and Sandi is glued to the front. Neither should be anywhere near one.

:sbahj:

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

That guy's brain is so loving broken he's making me reconsider my major. Psychotherapists are gonna make a loving killing off these idiots when Star Citizen inevitably lets them down.

See the problem with that is that they have to realise that they have a problem................

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

that star wars game is the best since super empire, and that's saying something

also I platinumed assassins creed origins and that was a loving long rear end game around 80 hours or so and I'm still high as balls from the surgery this week so back to video games I guess

in star citizen news,

wow... all of this is wrong.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/931684830751813633

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

I would pay to not watch Bored. I can tolerate brief viewings of anybody from WTFO to Moon Shiner to AstroPub -- anybody but Bored.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Jesus patch the 25 december confirmed.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That's one way to tell these broken people that Santa is not real.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Wuxi posted:

Did I miss something, because I'm pretty sure Hannibal never sacked Rome, or even tried to.

Lots of people sacked Rome, but not Hannibal. He's thinking of the VanduulVandals probably.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Bumbler posted:

The other VR issue they would have to tackle is how to handle FPS combat. It's unlikely they would add motion controller support just due to the immense amount of work involved with that. Every interactable object would need to be redesigned to activate based on the player interacting with it using the VR controller. You can't even carry a box properly right now, so carrying a box using VR motion controls seems like a long shot, not to mention all the animation issues and balance issues like VR players shooting around walls and other quirks. That leaves you with gamepad controls and aiming with your face, like a mobile VR game.

They'd also have to throw away large portions of their animation system.

Arms cannot be precanned, they must be IK'ed to the controller, as must all over the upper torso, which needs to follow the neck position as defined by the headset.
Crouching is not so bad, you can use the existing animation, but the position through the anim much be controlled by the height of the headset at all times, and it still needs to be ik'd anyway.

The absolute killer, is body rotation and walking, which, without a full walking rig, is currently not solvable, not even with a full on CAVE like system.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Yeah, an imaginary beared bloke is going to deliver your imaginary game patch of a game that's mostly about having to use your imagination. :thumbsup:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

My wife and I had a conversation about the TNG holodecks in terms that they must squeegee them down like hourly and they probably smell like bleach.

Sure, you can _assume_ that people are going to play a light-hearted RPG about Robin of Sherwood, but it's more likely....

I think it's mentioned a couple of times in the show that the ship cleans itself, so it might be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

3p9xd1nlnisvzjwzrrqnoypzrus/rgs2l6oovmpahtgspi68f0gb5p5dhouxu4rxwaugisoyh8cso61rrd/ftjnmstmzkojzhgfjp9gc2fqxsl/dluvh9mifkvoicjmiflbiq+fnpauvfmj4tlnf/jjtarlaxlrspkh8qvm8honhzfdt4zoctv6zj9f4xfg64bsnwlv+7abx67ue+fu031uzyzh
hxxh0bgk9omsv6yiizuwv+c7o71c1uwkxgh/wmyqwf1ghlfravloim2rzxuufzlwedjztqn/wav1f1l9xsprcdk9u0rwdaqusphc6nwh1tblm6zt18ghlrl5fvya8glad68emsb6uc3fr3yjpnkbuulzju/iemku+kpikeodlmgewg2gniqjjdblfzza17hydnt79znye3nmef+kucl
ekeb+c9tufmg7ft9mo6flzfimavjowtxn4ymbbbiudnoomvkl4x846rsuqofj9zuj92hgrhxhgpjelinzkyqewg4z08znogmanybsegrmsztj/hc8dz2cljjlo/1sdecooopkifkribms8/znqgumhlkmss+78q2gqpfsakyyxpyvkqc8ncw2zpxfd1lsehr7zi3xenm2ta+tphhdh
khesmoo1aqtl7iwqjjnjgtlhlomnap92+p63xm9q2psgj+gpezryz6hdzig3mnp2ejzeioodtjsuxhpkt2/z8mbmartnuzmykjgftdoquvztxoaepx4tm3hwpknwpyaxdmdi4fj/nvfbl2fwrrqdw5ndiwl/a4ss1n+fagirwnprj7mapfgrb584gadoopkt1hi8xgew2s8mn8few
d80maidiy/vhhwssof30ci6jb2qutsmchf/lgc1harf/klbex0qc5uv2b/6vrnttp7adjknwkcdekdj7cubgp/af4y=

This looks a lot like a distress signal to me. Do you need our help to get out of the game, commando?