Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

listen if I stopped reading a book every time two characters started having weird train sex I would never have finished Angelmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

loving lol

quote:

“The husband studied his wife, who was literally wringing her hands, but he spoke to the counselor. ”

Excerpt From: Daniel Suarez. “Change Agent.” iBooks.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Her very hands!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

She had one of those old hand-cranked clothes wringers and was anxiously feeding her hands through.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

She had one of those old hand-cranked clothes wringers and was anxiously feeding her hands through.

That's mangling your hands.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

there wolf posted:

That's mangling your hands.

Think how much blood she'll wring out of them.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
umm the fetish thread is ----> that way

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Please, if every thread isn't your fetish thread then you're not trying hard enough.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
See now I'm just remembering the romance novel I read a while back where a very normal sex scene suddenly escalated into the characters licking each others' sweaty, hairy armpits, lovingly described.

Sometimes you get the author's fetishes working their way into the text, and then sometimes you wonder if the author is aware that they have a fetish at all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cptn_dr posted:

Say what you will about Homestuck, it's very much an experience that wouldn't work as solely a physical medium.

He says, as they prepare to do a print run of the whole comic.

I'm reminded of Kidd Radd, a pretty fun webcomic that's hard to read in its original form nowadays because of relying so heavily on Flash.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

A Pinball Wizard posted:

umm the fetish thread is ----> that way

Talking about bad books is my fetish though.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'm reminded of Kidd Radd, a pretty fun webcomic that's hard to read in its original form nowadays because of relying so heavily on Flash.
It's HTML5 (!) now. You'd have to dig up whatever's left of the old site in the Wayback to even try to read it in Flash.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Nov 17, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Brass Key posted:

See now I'm just remembering the romance novel I read a while back where a very normal sex scene suddenly escalated into the characters licking each others' sweaty, hairy armpits, lovingly described.

Sometimes you get the author's fetishes working their way into the text, and then sometimes you wonder if the author is aware that they have a fetish at all.

What are you talking about, weirdo? You've never eaten pit?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reminded me of my favourite Finnish* euphemism: iso kainalo (big armpit).

*) Could exist in other languages as well, I'm not an arse-euphemism expert.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Autonomous by Annalee Newitz

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ew

i think i prefer the armpit fetish

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

grittyreboot posted:

It may seem pretty vanilla, but this is why you avoid anything tagged "sapiosexual."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Brass Key posted:

Reminds me of the Sound! Euphonium novels, where there’s an open debate over whether the author intended them to be so incredibly gay, or whether she just thought that was how high-school friendships between girls typically went.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PYF terrible book: the main character started foot-loving his business partner's sister and now I guess I have nothing to read on the way home today.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

PYF terrible book: the main character started foot-loving his business partner's sister and now I guess I have nothing to read on the way home today.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I remember really liking that series when I was younger, and I almost picked them up to reread recently. Glad I didn’t.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

:agreed:

there wolf posted:

It may seem pretty vanilla, but this is why you avoid anything tagged "sapiosexual."

i did a double-take that this was apparently written by a woman

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

divabot posted:

:agreed:

i did a double-take that this was apparently written by a woman

Uh, women are just as capable of having weird sexual fetishes as men.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmbo

all things considered, "women dont have hosed up sexual fantasiees" is probably the most benign sexism ive seen in some time. feels like the innocent 90s

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, but this particular fetish seems unusually... self-congratulatory for the man, if you catch my drift. Like an author writing a book about a beautiful teenage girl hopelessly attracted to short, fat, middle-aged English literature professors. That's definitely someone’s kink, but you wouldn’t expect it to be the woman’s.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, but this particular fetish seems unusually... self-congratulatory for the man, if you catch my drift. Like an author writing a book about a beautiful teenage girl hopelessly attracted to short, fat, middle-aged English literature professors. That's definitely someone’s kink, but you wouldn’t expect it to be the woman’s.

i wouldnt be so sure

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I prefer "She could taste a nuanced ethical understanding of the patent system all over his body." (Including his armpits, I assume.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Having read Annalee Newitz' reviews, it fits very very well.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

I wouldn't really expect sex written by a man to describe the man much at all, even in super flattering terms. Sapiosexual stuff is functionally no different from describing the physical attributes of someone; it's just the author thinking "I'm into brains more than flat abs" and then describing smartness in the same way someone else would describe the abs because that's the formula.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

there wolf posted:

I wouldn't really expect sex written by a man to describe the man much at all, even in super flattering terms. Sapiosexual stuff is functionally no different from describing the physical attributes of someone; it's just the author thinking "I'm into brains more than flat abs" and then describing smartness in the same way someone else would describe the abs because that's the formula.

Find & replace, romance novel 101.

For awhile I toyed with a novelty gift company that would make little 50 page romance booklets with you and your SO's (or whomever's) name of choice, occupations, etc. Essentially a more robust version of the books for kids with their name in it.

Costs were too high for what we expected to be an acceptable purchase price, and that was with going bottom barrel overseas printing.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PJOmega posted:

Find & replace, romance novel 101.

For awhile I toyed with a novelty gift company that would make little 50 page romance booklets with you and your SO's (or whomever's) name of choice, occupations, etc. Essentially a more robust version of the books for kids with their name in it.

Costs were too high for what we expected to be an acceptable purchase price, and that was with going bottom barrel overseas printing.

I swear that concept exist already in some form... maybe that was back when publishing had bigger returns, though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

short run printings often had cheap intro offers back when they first showed up. they still do but it doesnt feel like theyre on the same level.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

there wolf posted:

I swear that concept exist already in some form... maybe that was back when publishing had bigger returns, though.

It's definitely not a new thing, but since it seems to have died pre-internet it's mostly clippings and adverts. The issue is that there's simply no economy of scale and everything has to be printed to order.

One of the old adverts that I dug up was from the late 80s and was "only" $39.99. In the late 80s.

Still, I have the templates and it's a nice wedding/anniversary gift to make keepsake boxes with fake tawdry romance cover lids.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbf you can get paperbacks or even hardcovers printed & bound down to like 10 copies but it doesnt get near economical until you get into 50 or 100+ runs, and thats assuming you sell them at like 10 bucks a pop

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

tbf you can get paperbacks or even hardcovers printed & bound down to like 10 copies but it doesnt get near economical until you get into 50 or 100+ runs, and thats assuming you sell them at like 10 bucks a pop

Yeah. Did small crafted ones for awhile but the demand was never there. Anyway, tangent aside, back to real bad books.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

There's now a part where a military robot let's his human partner ride him as they blow up a house in a shooting range.

The robot describes the man pressing his raging erection into his back.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

There's now a part where a military robot let's his human partner ride him as they blow up a house in a shooting range.

The robot describes the man pressing his raging erection into his back.

Now is he getting a boner because of the destruction or the robot?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Slime posted:

Now is he getting a boner because of the destruction or the robot?

It seems so far that he might be developing sexual feelings for the non anthropomorphic kill bot, but yes the destruction really excited him.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
boners caused by adrenaline are a thing that happens. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

grittyreboot posted:

It seems so far that he might be developing sexual feelings for the non anthropomorphic kill bot, but yes the destruction really excited him.

I posted about how dumb this book is earlier in this thread, but the dude's attracted to the robot but won't admit it because he's "not a human being", so the robot swaps to feminine pronouns so they can gently caress and it won't be gay. :cripes: