Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gum posted:

Richard Leonard (Left-wing, pro-corbyn) has been voted leader of Scottish Labour replacing a centrist who resigned in order to appear of the reality show "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!"

kill all centrists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The second Anglo-Irish war ends unceremoniously when the UK realizes that they've austered the Royal Navy so hard they can't find a gunboat to spare.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Squizzle posted:

why do all tories look like a plastic bag full of buttermilk left in the sun

theyre british?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

theyre british?

cara de avril lavigne

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
britain should be quarantined

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

britain should be quarantined
s'what my people voted for

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

so what is british law and custom like, wrt threats against people in govt

ive held off on probing a couple of times here because idk what the island of brexit toys allows/accepts

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Squizzle posted:

ive held off on probing a couple of times here because idk what the island of brexit toys allows/accepts

A Goon got a visit from the bizies for joking he was gonna lob a water balloon off David "I actually hosed a pig's head" Cameron in D&D.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

Same as it is regarding any other human here.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

is there for these purposes a distinction between direct threats like claiming you will water balloon someone, and more indirect things like saying how much better you feel the world would be if someone were dead

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Same as it is regarding any other human here.

so its ok unless theyre rich???

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Byolante posted:

Brexit isn't inherently bad because getting the gently caress away from Merkle and Macron's Titanic is important but having the tories disembark everyone onto the Charybdis was dumb as poo poo

we'd be fine in the eu because we aren't on the euro, which is what destroyed (was used to destroy) greece &c

if it went tits up we'd just be in the same state we are now

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Squizzle posted:

imagine being this much of a pussy loving lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Also mushrooms but not the exciting kind

Mushrooms are good though :confused:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bump_fn posted:

imagine being this much of a pussy loving lmao

agreed

justprobe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its me im squiggle im a fugin baby who's scared of good posting so i probe shitposting in the main shitposting thread in the shitposting forum

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

is there for these purposes a distinction between direct threats like claiming you will water balloon someone, and more indirect things like saying how much better you feel the world would be if someone were dead

Short answer - a direct threat against a person that the subject of the threat knows about and that a reasonable person would believe was a threat against their person has been prosecuted successfully in the past (both as sending a menacing communication under the Communications Act 2003 and as GBH). That the subject doesn't know about - well, maaaaybe it could be done as a menacing communication, or possibly under other laws if the threats include actual plans to carry them out.

The indirect thing - well if you're a king with forthright opinions about turbulent priests it's absolutely fine. For us peasants then again it's the reasonable person test. If I as an ordinary person say "Hey it'd be hilarious if Tony Blair got eaten by wolves" then that's fine. If I say it while training wolves to attack people with insincere smiles and Googling directions to his house it can be used in evidence when I get arrested trying to get a Transit full of wolves past the security at his house.

(I am very much not a lawyer and there's a chance I've got it wrong, I'm just going on things that I know have been prosecuted)

Also loving :laffo: at how far that particular part of goonlore has drifted in 5 years.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bump_fn posted:

its me im squiggle im a fugin baby who's scared of good posting so i probe shitposting in the main shitposting thread in the shitposting forum

its like looking into a mirror

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Short answer - a direct threat against a person that the subject of the threat knows about and that a reasonable person would believe was a threat against their person has been prosecuted successfully in the past (both as sending a menacing communication under the Communications Act 2003 and as GBH). That the subject doesn't know about - well, maaaaybe it could be done as a menacing communication, or possibly under other laws if the threats include actual plans to carry them out.

The indirect thing - well if you're a king with forthright opinions about turbulent priests it's absolutely fine. For us peasants then again it's the reasonable person test. If I as an ordinary person say "Hey it'd be hilarious if Tony Blair got eaten by wolves" then that's fine. If I say it while training wolves to attack people with insincere smiles and Googling directions to his house it can be used in evidence when I get arrested trying to get a Transit full of wolves past the security at his house.

(I am very much not a lawyer and there's a chance I've got it wrong, I'm just going on things that I know have been prosecuted)

Also loving :laffo: at how far that particular part of goonlore has drifted in 5 years.

ok so my lawyer, goddamnedtwisto, says its ok to make spooky statements about davis "dave" d. david and itwont get lowtax nicked by the bobbies of mi5 council, that is it is in legal terms "a barristers trunk call" and you can carry on

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Squizzle posted:

its like looking into a mirror

This has been a long time coming.

Your posting has been getting increasingly poor in recent months. Your hometown-boosting, rural-antagonizing, generally ornery style has degraded; now, you are a poo poo-spraying death cultist who derails threads with any Pittsburgh-related content to the point that at least three special rules relating to Pittsburgh discussion had to be created to manage it, plus a Pittsburgh-talk sequestration thread.

As I said, this has been a long time coming; but, I think in respect of your long history of adequate-to-decent posting, you were allowed to coast. You've coasted far enough.

Please hold off on re-registering until you can demonstrate some self-control about all of these: mentioning Pittsburgh; lusting for rural and/or Republican death; escalating disagreements with other posters into angry pissing matches.

I, for one, will happily welcome you back at that point.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bump_fn posted:

This has been a long time coming.

Your posting has been getting increasingly poor in recent months. Your hometown-boosting, rural-antagonizing, generally ornery style has degraded; now, you are a poo poo-spraying death cultist who derails threads with any Pittsburgh-related content to the point that at least three special rules relating to Pittsburgh discussion had to be created to manage it, plus a Pittsburgh-talk sequestration thread.

As I said, this has been a long time coming; but, I think in respect of your long history of adequate-to-decent posting, you were allowed to coast. You've coasted far enough.

Please hold off on re-registering until you can demonstrate some self-control about all of these: mentioning Pittsburgh; lusting for rural and/or Republican death; escalating disagreements with other posters into angry pissing matches.

I, for one, will happily welcome you back at that point.

i did welcome him back

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Squizzle posted:

i did welcome him back

free tori

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Gum posted:

Richard Leonard (Left-wing, pro-corbyn) has been voted leader of Scottish Labour replacing a centrist who resigned in order to appear of the reality show "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bump_fn posted:

free tori

eeehh

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

bump_fn posted:

free tori

with purchase of equal or greater value

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Fallen Hamprince posted:

most irish live in dublin

this is very obviously wrong so i didn't read the rest lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

SteelMentor posted:

A Goon got a visit from the bizies for joking he was gonna lob a water balloon off David "I actually hosed a pig's head" Cameron in D&D.

I feel like it is very important and vital to all concerned to clarify that it was actually joking he was going to lob a water balloon onto the flaming torch for the 2012 olympic relay.

because holy poo poo did plod take the smooth running of the sports entertainment show very seriously

(please do note this story gets brought up again in d&d every year or so and each time the thread comes to a different consensus about what actually happened. this is how we spend our time in debate and discussion because it is a welcome respite from arguing with pissflaps. thank you.)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bryter posted:

this is very obviously wrong so i didn't read the rest lol

ok it's a little less than half in the greater dublin area but the border with NI is still not very heavily populated

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Fallen Hamprince posted:

ok it's a little less than half in the greater dublin area but the border with NI is still not very heavily populated

It's less than a third

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Bryter posted:

It's less than a third

40%, unless you're counting northern irish as well

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

bad shitposts are still bad posts dude

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Yinlock posted:

bad shitposts are still bad posts dude

tori posts are extremely good tho

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the transportation part isn't so bad because most irish live in dublin; the biggest consequence will be making it take a bit longer to get to and from Donegal from the capital. the real disaster is that the northern irish economy is heavily dependent on the rest of Ireland. DUP doesnt want a border with GB but their voters still get hosed if the economy collapses so they're stuck.

this is extremely important because the DUP supplies the votes keeping May's government (barely) afloat. in the likely event of a hard border either between Ireland and NI or between NI and GB, the DUP will be forced with an impossible choice:

a)agree, loving over the northern irish economy either moderately (border with GB) or severely (border with Ireland) and massively pissing off either their unionist base (GB) or the catholics (Ireland) possibly causing the good friday deal to collapse.

b) disagree, meaning either the no deal apocalypse and a hard border with Ireland anyway, or May dissolving Parliament and probably losing to corbyn, meaning the DUP just handed the PMship to an IRA sympathiser.

in the aftermath of b), labour gets to deal with trying to piece back together the exploded tory brexit deal months or even weeks before the March 29th 2019 deal-or-no-deal deadline, quite possibly the worst possible outcome for them politically

The eu has actually said that if a Labour government comes to power before the deadline then they wo ukd be willing to extend the deadline so Labour can reasonably assess and fix the shitmess the Tories have made so far, fwiw

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

bump_fn posted:

tori posts are extremely good tho

:wrong:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
if scotland leaves it'll be wangland lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

The eu has actually said that if a Labour government comes to power before the deadline then they wo ukd be willing to extend the deadline so Labour can reasonably assess and fix the shitmess the Tories have made so far, fwiw

:laffo: this might as well be an ultimatum to the british public: "vote jezza or your nation explodes"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i’m sure the british electorate will do the right thing here, and pick the stalinist mao worshipper who is backed by the unelected obtrusive european bureaucrats who are seeking to destroy british values with cultural refugee quotas

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i’m sure the british electorate will do the right thing here, and pick the stalinist mao worshipper who is backed by the unelected obtrusive european bureaucrats who are seeking to destroy british values with cultural refugee quotas

didn't t read

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

they did elect corbyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

maskenfreiheit posted:

if scotland leaves it'll be wangland lol

Scottish people are too easily frightened to leave.