Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
sighs as he crosses another goon off his live list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have that extremely excellent Dia in both EN and JP. You may live.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Page 420 and just a single Anzu nestled amongst all that death-encouraging.

Man I don't understand the internet anymore.

Also "Cuteness in Question"? It's like whoever named that skill didn't even look at the card.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I can't react to numbers other than 315, 346, 765, 876 and 961.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am glad Umi's birthday made it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Those are words polsy.

Even if I had to look up oneit's fine, we can pretend 876 doesn't exist, like everyone else does

The only number I really believe in is 250, the number of dissappointment

So instead of worrying about numbers, worry about Anya, who got stuck.

http://twitter.com/arayada_mengo/status/931148405425897472
http://twitter.com/arayada_mengo/status/931150032824180736

e. Oh hey, they're changing stamina in deresute so you can now just use items to increase your stamina to 2x max, as of 12 Dec. I guess that's nice, but it kinda makes those 1-day stamina drinks a mostly useless restriction, since you can just use it right away.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 17, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Even if I had to look up oneit's fine, we can pretend 876 doesn't exist, like everyone else does

I was just playing it today, as everyone should. Ai's not leaving without her pizza.

Zenostein posted:

e. Oh hey, they're changing stamina in deresute so you can now just use items to increase your stamina to 2x max, as of 12 Dec. I guess that's nice, but it kinda makes those 1-day stamina drinks a mostly useless restriction, since you can just use it right away.

Huh, yeah, that's kind of weird

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Does DS do the imas thing where you have 3 seconds to pick an answer? The only reason those don't ruin me in theatre days is because of the percentages except for matsuri, I made her run away by saying something about marshmallows :(

Also they're rejiggering stuff about stamina items, but I didn't actually read that, because reading long texts in google translate is hell, doubly so on a phone. all the max stamina stuff now just does 100. Congrats, your stamina MAX drinks will be less good in a month. I guess they noticed all the hoarding. Didn't say anything about the 24 drinks, so who knows.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should put the percentages in stella stage. or put it in english

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I played a bit of the translated SP, and three seconds is not really long enough to read the options in english. Although part of that is trying to figure out what the difference is between "Hello" and "Hello!," and which is better. It just gets worse with something more complicated than choosing the right "good morning."

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Does DS do the imas thing where you have 3 seconds to pick an answer? The only reason those don't ruin me in theatre days is because of the percentages except for matsuri, I made her run away by saying something about marshmallows :(

Also they're rejiggering stuff about stamina items, but I didn't actually read that, because reading long texts in google translate is hell, doubly so on a phone. all the max stamina stuff now just does 100. Congrats, your stamina MAX drinks will be less good in a month. I guess they noticed all the hoarding. Didn't say anything about the 24 drinks, so who knows.

There's some occasional touchscreen stuff that's on a timer but mostly you have forever to pick an answer, not sure if that's a concession to the DS font size.

Honestly, I never would have used my stamina MAX drinks anyway so it's for the best. I'll probably never use them even after the change (my max is 83 righit now in any case)

Zenostein posted:

I played a bit of the translated SP, and three seconds is not really long enough to read the options in english. Although part of that is trying to figure out what the difference is between "Hello" and "Hello!," and which is better. It just gets worse with something more complicated than choosing the right "good morning."

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should put the percentages in stella stage. or put it in english

Luckily there's a solution if you don't know Japanese, you can just learn Korean in time for the simultaneous release.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That's some expression, Ai.

Maybe the bottom one? That seems the least loud.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

:sigh:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Survey: what (if any) is the minimum someone has to spend (cash), before getting a good draw does not deserve death?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm gonna say... whatever it costs to get the basic ten-pull, ×3. So I think that puts it at around $100 for most of these games, less if you're taking advantage of the weak yen.

And of course, guaranteed pulls don't deserve death, unless there's some randomness as to which giga rare you get, in which case if you pull the one I want, death.

Actually, if anyone pulls poked Dia or devil Nico before I do, DEATH, regardless of how much they spend.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, I was thinking maybe somewhere in the area of $100 but I hadn't thought as far as what that would actually get you. 3x10 doesn't sound like a lot when you put it that way but there's some implied free pulls you already used I guess.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
while we're on the subject: in SIF, you can spend 5 blue tickets for a pull with an 20% to be a UR, or you can spend 25 of them for a guaranteed UR. Zep has contended that pulling for the latter does not deserve death, but getting a UR in 5 of the former does. Thoughts?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anyone luckier than I must die

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the die meme is old and busted nad overused and deserves to die but enough about myself

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

while we're on the subject: in SIF, you can spend 5 blue tickets for a pull with an 20% to be a UR, or you can spend 25 of them for a guaranteed UR. Zep has contended that pulling for the latter does not deserve death, but getting a UR in 5 of the former does. Thoughts?

I think I do not want to live in zep's weird idol dictatorship

Also, the UR rate is regularly 1%, the blue ticket's 1 in 5. That's not even in the same ballpark.

Doublealso: "Love Live! Sunshine!! Aqours Club Activity LIVE & FAN MEETING Trip to Asia — Landing action Yeah!! —"
what the gently caress

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Do all the rival cards do that AP/DP switching thing? It's really annoying.

Luckily since they're giving away a ton of fan letters and stuff I can make Shiho beat the hell out of whoever every 5th turn.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If you've obtained five blue tickets from five really poor rolls and pull a UR, maybe it doesn't deserve a die.

If you get your 5th ticket from a good pull and then pull a UR you deserve whatever bullying you get.

merwu
Oct 23, 2017

Say it to my face, ~motherfucker~
Honestly I’ve gotten a UR from just 5 blue tickets so often that I feel like it’s easier just to do that than to wait to save up 25 but idk

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Do all the rival cards do that AP/DP switching thing? It's really annoying.

Luckily since they're giving away a ton of fan letters and stuff I can make Shiho beat the hell out of whoever every 5th turn.

Yeah. They just do that in half the events to make life harder for you encourage you to develop a DP team because otherwise there's not really any point.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Yeah. They just do that in half the events to make life harder for you encourage you to develop a DP team because otherwise there's not really any point.

If only I had cards that upped DP instead of just attack…

Ah well, it's not like in mobamas where I have plenty of SRs, so there's no way to make those battles go any faster anyway.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Vitamean posted:

If you've obtained five blue tickets from five really poor rolls and pull a UR, maybe it doesn't deserve a die.

If you get your 5th ticket from a good pull and then pull a UR you deserve whatever bullying you get.

no, I mean 5x5 blue ticket pulls

I recall a time when I did that and got4 SRs, a UR, and a "die," but someone (chubbs?) did the 25-blue-tix pull and got a pass

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

If only I had cards that upped DP instead of just attack…

Ah well, it's not like in mobamas where I have plenty of SRs, so there's no way to make those battles go any faster anyway.

Yeah, regular card skills generally lean towards AP up so it's a problem. Luckily I have a couple of SRs with secondary DP up skills so I can just duplicate those onto one of my good cards and have them help out more.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hi I'm copying and pasting my thoughts on the Aqours tour.

quote:

The corners were.
1) Every member showed a clip of their favorite scene.
2) Majority vote (audience and Aqours are given 2 options, and change their glowsticks to the color they want to vote for)
3) A session where the Aqours talk about a topic in a few of the messages gathered before the event
I got spoiled on some S2 stuff cause of 1.
Clips chosen by each were as follows.
Mari: The SHINY dish at the beach house.
Yohane: The childhood scene of her and Maru, and then the two of them + Chika re-enacted the scene with Anju trying to pull of Chika's blank stair from the clip
Riko: Riko pretending to be a kaiju???? From S2. They re-enacted this too, with Anju once again trying to pull off Chika's "Uh...." look.
Chika: Her monologue in S1 E6, after (?) the song.
Ruby: The onsen scene where Ruby is sitting under the water fall-like contraption.
You: The scene from S2 where Dia calls her Yo-chan. They re-enacted this too, complete with Yoshiko's VA standing in the background like she was in the scene. The other members provided the BGM that plays when You lets go of the balloons.
Kanan: The haunted house scene or whatever where she's pretending not to be scared. They re-enacted this scene too, with Maru's VA playing the part of the pillar / wall that Kanan leaned on.
Dia: Ruby welcoming Dia to Aqours. Didn't re-enact after the clip, but as the clip was playing Ruby's VA did the motions by handing Dia her towel.

quote:

Hanamaru: The scene from S1 E13 where the 1st years talk to each other before the live and Yoshiko hugs Ruby and Hanamaru.
The majority vote was loving hilarious.
First vote was would you rather have a photo collection of a) the VAs sleeping faces or b) the VAs winking.
First option won but they showcased both, with Hanamaru's VA holding the camera and getting close-ups of everyone.
I don't remember the order of the other options, but there was also.
Would you rather see a) a hug from the front or b) a hug from behind?
All the Aqours chose a) except Dia, who chose b).
So Kanan's VA hugged everyone, but when it was Dia's turn.
She turned her back to Kanan.
So she could get a backhug.
And then the last person to get a hug was You.
And she kept hugging You.
And the other girls complained.
And then there was the next album cover will a) be drawn by Rikako or b) no pictures, just text and numbers.
Sorta obvious.
What everyone voted.

quote:

But all the Aqours members drew a concept art.
For the album.
Rikako's won.
Obviously.
Ruby'a VA.
Was the main MC / host.
Of the event.
Since she's the one representing Korea.
So she was the one who talked the most and sat in the middle.
Also Yohane's schtick of correcting everyone who says Yoshiko never gets old.
Because.
One of the cast referred to her as Yoshiko.
Er, Yoshiko-chan.
So she said, Yohane!~
And then the interpreter.
Translating, said Yoshiko-chan.
So she looked at the interpreter.
And said it again.
It was hilarious.

quote:

Man it was so good.
The interpreter was the same one who was at Rippi's live.
I suppose it makes sense, since Rippi's birthday fan meet
Was also by Amuse Korea.
They had 3 interpreters during the corners, 1 person for 3 members each.
But she was the main interpreter.
It's pretty hard for them, cause a good number of audience members.
Knew enough Japanese to understand and react.
So they cheer.
Before the interpreters can speak.
Sometimes.
I wasn't very impressed with her during Rippi's fan meet.
But she did a lot better this time around.
Also I wasn't able to buy anything.
Apparently people were gathered at the venue since dawn.
And everything got sold out be noon.
From what I'm reading.

quote:

Also fun thing.
We did the wave thing.
During Happy Party Train and Aquarium.
Anyways, as I was standing in line, some fans were giving out pamphlets.
Lemme take a picture.

quote:

So they could roll up the pamphlets and wave those instead.
Yes.
Plus the pamphlets have instructions in both Korean + Japanese.
As well as how arrows pointing how the wave should go, and which part of the arena should be doing the wave.
Apparently this is the first successful case of the single-line wave in HPT?
Er, the Kanan Rail?
It was a neat thing.
Planned by the community.
Most everyone had glowsticks though.
Obviously.
Also the last song played was also decided by glowstick vote.
There were 4 options.
And you had to use your glowstick.
To choose the song you wanted.
The cast also incorporated basic Korean phrases.
Which was really nice.
Everyone loved that stuff obviously.
It was just a really good thing.
I was really pissed yesterday cause of work but this really cheered me up.

quote:

All the VIP and Arena seats were taken (obviously).
There was a total of 3078 seats, but not all of them were filled, the ones in the far back were pretty blank.
VIP: 308
Arena: 560
R: 1,242
S: 968
Most of the R were fool, don't think there were too many S seats.
Taken.
*full
*full,

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Hate-Senpai posted:

Hi I'm copying and pasting my thoughts on the Aqours tour.

Thanks for this! I went too, but I don't speak any Japanese and my Korean is trash so I couldn't follow a lot of the talky bits. Did you go to the afternoon or evening show? I was wondering if they read different messages for the 3rd corner (the only message I understood from the evening show was a request to play the당연하지 game).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

astr0man posted:

Thanks for this! I went too, but I don't speak any Japanese and my Korean is trash so I couldn't follow a lot of the talky bits. Did you go to the afternoon or evening show? I was wondering if they read different messages for the 3rd corner (the only message I understood from the evening show was a request to play the당연하지 game).

I went to the second one at 7 pm.

They did, uh, the 당연하지 game, asking about what food they liked, and I can't remember if they did any more messages, I remember it being pretty short.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right, I should talk about that too.

당연하지 is an affirmation, means something along the lines of "Of course!"

I've never heard of the game before but apparently it is a thing that people in Korea know about???

Basically someone asks you questions or tells you something and you have to say 당연하지 in response. Sorta like a game of chicken I guess? I dunno.

It was Ruby's VA against everyone else from Aqours.

What I remember.

Mari: Will you marry me?
Rikako or Dia?: You didn't brush your teeth yesterday.
Kanan: You're cute!
Hanamaru: You're the cutest in the entire world, no, the entire universe!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It's a pretty common game on korean variety tv shows.

e: vvv :v:

astr0man fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 18, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't watch white people TV.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

you'll watch the trashy korean variety shows and learn to enjoy them

happened to me in the military anyway

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aiai also wore a hanbok that a fan gave to her.

It's the one Ruby wears.

https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/status/931890856583340033

astr0man posted:

Oh also they apparently did different stuff, I checked this wiki and the scenes that each member chose was different.

https://namu.wiki/w/Aqours%20%E3%82...%EC%97%B0#s-6.2

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A post of the items given to her.

http://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=sunshine&no=1470073

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aiai also drew on the Ruby cutout.

https://twitter.com/ANIPLUS_SHOP/status/931898819146432512

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shuka even talked about the pamphlet on Twitter / her blog.

https://twitter.com/Saito_Shuka/status/932158215587950593
https://ameblo.jp/shuka-saito/entry-12329702678.html

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The person who planned the pamphlet stuff thanked everyone on Twitter.

That name sure is something.

https://twitter.com/MakeYosoroad/status/932170785388511233

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The one and only thing people seem to be complaining about is the quality of the tour glowsticks.

Though people have been experimenting and doing stuff like this...

http://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=sunshine&no=1477816