Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm amazed that Motherfucker can't even follow his own advice about not obsessing over other posters.

For content,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I loving draw the line at busty Clevin.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He's not that busty

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hey, if Incubus can do it...

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Clevin is my waifu

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please, do not sexualise clevin

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A confident and powerful Clevin is a greater transgression than a busty Clevin, IMO.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Post 6 Billion Clevin Edits.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Can y'all make a thread for BotL's forced meme so it can stop cluttering up a thread about a good webcomic

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
"forced meme"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

flatluigi posted:

Can y'all make a thread for BotL's forced meme so it can stop cluttering up a thread about a good webcomic

Can y'all stop bitching about good content?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes its good but it is extremely forced

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Like a fart

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I dislike the obnoxious poster and their stupid edits, but I've also resigned myself to the fact that they are going to remain in this thread, in the fashion that one resigns oneself to a mildly irritating but incurable chronic condition such as seasonal allergies.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

woah clevvy

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Motherfucker posted:

The problem with BotL is that he hates good things and likes bad things. His wires are crossed though so he only posts in threads about stuff he hates, you can never be sure if his shitpostingg is just for laughs or an unironic attempt to denigrate the subject matter that only comes off as funny.

The trick is to just accept the shitposts in a vacuum and try not to think too had about the bad stuff liker brain behind it all.

counterpoint: he hates patrick rothfuss' wet fart of a writing career, which is an objectively good opinion

also clevin edits are amazing, it's 2017 it's time to embrace absurdity

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

help the bad man's one joke a month is cluttering up this thread and making it impossible to get to the hot whoa allie content I come here for

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

help the bad man's one joke a month is cluttering up this thread and making it impossible to get to the hot whoa allie content I come here for

His jokes are ruining this very serious comic about a fanfic writing midget named Coca-Cola!!!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I don't understand Clevin or know where it comes from so it's not particularly funny to me. I liked Bravest despite these bizarre posts, then he came by and poo poo up the Cucumber Quest thread so I guess I don't like him anymore.

Anyway I like Kill Six Billion Demons a lot, I'm excited to see Mottom crash her palace into Mammon's.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malpais Legate posted:

I don't understand Clevin or know where it comes from so it's not particularly funny to me. I liked Bravest despite these bizarre posts, then he came by and poo poo up the Cucumber Quest thread so I guess I don't like him anymore.

Anyway I like Kill Six Billion Demons a lot, I'm excited to see Mottom crash her palace into Mammon's.

Clevin is a transgender character from a bad webcomic I don't read and there's really no joke to BotL's edits other than that

Either way it's not the edits that bug me it's the bizarre train of people praising them afterwards which isn't solved by just tossing BotL onto my ignore list & I'd really love the thread to stay readable given how much worldbuilding stuff I miss on my own yknow?

I think there's a thread for the bad webcomic still, just go dump the edits in there instead if you gotta keep making them

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Clevin isn't trans.

Edit:

Also lol at the idea of people praising something they like being bizarre. One day you'll understand our hoo-man ee-moe-sions, but today is not that day.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

Clevin is a transgender character from a bad webcomic I don't read and there's really no joke to BotL's edits other than that

Oh my god :lol:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Who What Now posted:

Also lol at the idea of people praising something they like being bizarre. One day you'll understand our hoo-man ee-moe-sions, but today is not that day.

It's bizarre that people still get a kick out of the one-note joke that is BotL, I mean.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

flatluigi posted:

you're thinking of Monster Pop, not Strong Female Protagonist

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

flatluigi posted:

It's bizarre that people still get a kick out of the one-note joke that is BotL, I mean.

What's it like, being so confused by the concept of humor? Are your alien overlords growing concerned about your inability to blend into normal society?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
cucumber queef

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i do not feel strongly either way about the clevins and by doing so have achieved serenity

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

i do not feel strongly either way about the clevins and by doing so have achieved serenity

is this the true meaning of royalty

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Either way it's not the edits that bug me it's the bizarre train of people praising them afterwards which isn't solved by just tossing BotL onto my ignore list & I'd really love the thread to stay readable given how much worldbuilding stuff I miss on my own yknow?

I think there's a thread for the bad webcomic still, just go dump the edits in there instead if you gotta keep making them

lmao

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Clevin edits are funny but they legitimately are a forced meme and you were making them way before they were actually funny (because you started making them back when clevin was just 'kinda dumb' instead of 'the hilarious epitome of everything that's wrong with that comic.')

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

reignonyourparade posted:

you were making them way before they were actually funny (because you started making them back when clevin was just 'kinda dumb' instead of 'the hilarious epitome of everything that's wrong with that comic.')

lol

Just imagine how long flatluigi must have thought that Clevin edits were transphobic.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
double post

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I think they're funny

Plus this thread has like 50 posts a week even with the Clevin edits, it's not like we're talking about tracking a D&D politics thread here

Maybe I read too much of the bad webcomics thread over the years and I got too used to this stuff

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

what thread am i reading

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

reignonyourparade posted:

back when clevin was just 'kinda dumb'

A time that never existed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

AriadneThread posted:

what thread am i reading

Horny Cio Debate and Discussion

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i can't stop laughing at the double-whammy of trans clevin and the weird comicky people complaining about "forced memes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Things that are bad: BotL's posts

Things that are worse: People complaining about BotL's posts

The absolute worst (including me): complaining about people complaining about BotL's posts.