Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Never be alone with any women you don't call "mother"

It's a little kinky, but I can make that work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Boon posted:

Nuns are kick rear end people generally and if you get a chance to just talk with them, do it.

No their kind beat me with rulers.

Actually yeah some ones are cool. There's one that has the wrong opinion on atomz but she apparently showed that our nuclear sec is a joke by breaking into some site.

"Sister I broken into the facility."
"Excellent Sister Snake age hasn't slowed you down one bit."

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I once saw a group of like six nuns in a car, all eating bananas. For some reason it was the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen, but I don't think the other people on the bus appreciated my giggle fit

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

RasperFat posted:

No joke, isn’t he partially responsible for things flaring up over there? Did his attitude coming in towards peace talks and the implications of having the super rich son-in-law of POTUS, who doesn’t appear to give a poo poo about human rights, embolden this sort of thing?

Partially responsible for is probably taking things too far. Briefly the Sauds are concerned about what they see as an Iranian encirclement with Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Bahrain, and Qatar which you could slot simplistically into the long history of Persian/Arabian Geopolitical animosity. The personal relationship with the orb-wielding Sauds is probably partially responsible but it's an embrace of the Saud vision of a unipolar Middle East that is aimed not just at quashing Iranian influence/ambitions but relegating the other states to a subordinate status. I don't doubt Kushner agrees with the course of events but I'm not sure how much responsibility he has as the Saud push and the American conservative foreign policy agreement are both much larger forces.

As for the specific I/P stuff, I won't address it, but Israel is clearly supportive of a more aggressive Saud stance on Iran, but Kushner isn't really responsible for the US stance there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So my local have-to-deal-with-him-every-day Trumpist has one weird obsession, which is African wildlife and lions in particular. I'm wondering whether all this "let's legalize trophy hunting of endangered African species" thing will filter through to him somehow, or if all it'll do is make him say "Eh, gently caress 'em, I never liked lions anyhow".

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Data Graham posted:

So my local have-to-deal-with-him-every-day Trumpist has one weird obsession, which is African wildlife and lions in particular. I'm wondering whether all this "let's legalize trophy hunting of endangered African species" thing will filter through to him somehow, or if all it'll do is make him say "Eh, gently caress 'em, I never liked lions anyhow".

They long for the days of a conquered Africa and enslaved black folks. hth

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

'I never thought they actually WOULD shoot leopards' sobs man who voted for the Leopard Shooting Party.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Koalas March posted:

They long for the days of a conquered Africa and enslaved black folks. hth

This and he also probably thinks that if he were an animal he'd totally be a lion because they're king of beasts and he would totally be king of beasts in the animal kingdom lol.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
All this stuff about wild game hunting is really just code for " we wanna kill animals that are endangered because their tusks / skin is very valuable and would look great on the floor of my smoking room"

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

All this stuff about wild game hunting is really just code for " we wanna kill animals that are endangered because their tusks / skin is very valuable and would look great on the floor of my smoking room"

Yep. Going there and hunting the wildlife is also very expensive as well. It's a class signifier.

If these people could pay an exorbitant amount to hunt a human, they'd do it if it made them look cool and good.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Crow Jane posted:

I once saw a group of like six nuns in a car, all eating bananas. For some reason it was the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen, but I don't think the other people on the bus appreciated my giggle fit

My favorite religious person experience was seeing a bunch of Buddhist monks splashing each other with water from a fountain. These super serious looking people were just having so much fun!

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
its great to see DJT fighting for the rights of average, every-day americans

i mean where would america be without ivory statues or lionskin rugs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I get the argument that killing the alpha in a lion pride if it no longer can breed actually helps the species repopulate since then a virile lion takes over, but I severely doubt any of their sincerity. Me

The only person who should be allowed to do that should be someone who loving hates doing it, not someone paying for the privelige.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I get the argument that killing the alpha in a lion pride if it no longer can breed actually helps the species repopulate since then a virile lion takes over, but I severely doubt any of their sincerity. Me

The only person who should be allowed to do that should be someone who loving hates doing it, not someone paying for the privelige.

Bernie sighed as he unsheathed his katana.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
If you read the description of these big game hunting expeditions, it's the best insight into the idea of achievement that the filth reach have. Locals get paid to track, locate, bait and contain the animal, locals drive filth rich scumbag to the section of the enclosed resort where the animal is, load and prepare the weapons, and scumbag just points and shoot. Locals then field dress and remove trophies from animal. Rich scumbag then takes all the credit and brags to his social circle about his accomplishment.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

joepinetree posted:

If you read the description of these big game hunting expeditions, it's the best insight into the idea of achievement that the filth reach have. Locals get paid to track, locate, bait and contain the animal, locals drive filth rich scumbag to the section of the enclosed resort where the animal is, load and prepare the weapons, and scumbag just points and shoot. Locals then field dress and remove trophies from animal. Rich scumbag then takes all the credit and brags to his social circle about his accomplishment.

Not all too different from how rich scumbags ascend Everest.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

paperwind posted:

Not all too different from how rich scumbags ascend Everest.

At least on Everest there's a much higher chance of them loving up, panicking, and becoming a new landmark in the death zone.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Discendo Vox posted:

Can anyone tell me how to identify the amount of activity a twitter account has over time? I'm looking for a way to diagnose bots I see in discourse there.

Try https://botometer.iuni.iu.edu/#!/ because it's basically multiple-academic-papers complicated at this point

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Big game hunting is basically colonialism fantasy camp

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

joepinetree posted:

All to hearken back to the days of colonialism where these stuffy white guys go to Africa to bring back some sort of trophy to act like they aren't limp wrist-ed rich kids. Its never not hilarious how people who never have to work in their whole lives try to pretend to be and look like anyone that actually needed to hunt to survive.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And that was in an era when having big game trophies was seen as admirable by your peers. I'd like (I'd like) to think that in this day and age all it'd get you is a lot of dirty looks and ostracism from the high rollers and A-listers you hope to rub shoulders with. I mean do they think supermodels will get all moist when they see an elephant tusk on their dinner table or a lion head on the wall? Are there really that many of the monocle-and-pith-helmet set still kicking around to impress with that sort of poo poo? I've been in some pretty well appointed mansions in the NYC area and seen what their inhabitants fill them with, and it's like multi-hundred-thousand-dollar paintings and antique original Steinway pianos and things, not relics of the loving reign of Leopold II.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

And that was in an era when having big game trophies was seen as admirable by your peers. I'd like (I'd like) to think that in this day and age all it'd get you is a lot of dirty looks and ostracism from the high rollers and A-listers you hope to rub shoulders with. I mean do they think supermodels will get all moist when they see an elephant tusk on their dinner table or a lion head on the wall? Are there really that many of the monocle-and-pith-helmet set still kicking around to impress with that sort of poo poo? I've been in some pretty well appointed mansions in the NYC area and seen what their inhabitants fill them with, and it's like multi-hundred-thousand-dollar paintings and antique original Steinway pianos and things, not relics of the loving reign of Leopold II.

It's one-ups-manship. It's not about signaling to the larger community. These guys have another guy in their life they want to show they're better than. Often times it's their dad.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I mean, I still see people wearing fur coats from time to time, and they almost seem like they want people to give them poo poo for it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My mother in law loving loved fur coats. She was comfortably Midwestern middle class and they made her feel like royalty.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Data Graham posted:

nah it's mostly dipshits doing it to signal their faux masculinity. it's just as transparent to the upper crust as seeing a guy driving a lifted truck is to you. there also are genuine big game trophy hunters but they mostly go into the mountains of montana or remote canada to do it. basically when you see a picture of them with their kill you can judge them by how haggard they look. is the guy normally clean shaven but in the picture looks like he's spent two weeks trudging through remote mountains? or does he have a bit of extra stubble wearing clothes that are still clean?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Big game hunters should get the choice between a boar spear with those cross bars or bolt action rifle with like one round and a bayonet.
Sometimes you get the lion and sometimes the lion gets you.

Edit: Helicopter hunts are allowed but you are only given a knife and you must leap from the helicopter onto your target.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 18, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I have infinite respect for big-game bow hunters. It's insane how difficult that is.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
All hunting is dumb

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

UmOk posted:

All hunting is dumb

Culling deer is excellent. They're giant, tasty rats.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mustached Demon posted:

Hell yes, kill more woods rats with guns, so they don't kill themselves with cars.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Mustached Demon posted:

Then why don't we just put out giant rat traps instead?
:smug:

[edit] Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Deer don't eat cheese.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It’s my understanding that by having some rich rear end in a top hat pay an exorbitant fee to hunt down an animal that was likely going to be put down anyway (sick, killed a human, etc), the local communities are able to fully fund massive wildlife preserves and anti-poaching efforts.

If that’s not actually the case then please let me know, but otherwise tricking some tiny-dicked rear end in a top hat into preserving wildlife seems like a good thing.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nosfereefer posted:

Then why don't we just put out giant rat traps instead? :smug:

We do, they're called roads and highways

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

"Culling" is only "necessary" because we killed off all the natural predators. This was also dumb.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I'm perfectly fine with deer and other traditional hunting, as it's pretty well regulated and managed in a sustainable way. Hunters are generally more progressive than they realize when it comes to land conservation, and it can be an effective inroad in trying to unplug them from the Fox News cult.

Mocking rich people safaris and lauding the "honor" of marching into the woods at 5 a.m. in the snow and just chillin' with a muzzle loader is surprisingly effective.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Hell yes, kill more woods rats with guns, so they don't kill themselves with cars.

Dogs get hit by cars all the time. Why do we allow this to happen? We need big strong Hunter man to start culling the dogs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Killing deer is a valuable public service

And feral hogs, I guess

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

feral hogs are the republicans of the animal world

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

feral hogs are the republicans of the animal world

They're much smarter, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Killing deer is a valuable public service

And feral hogs, I guess

Is 'feral hogs' like a millennial term 'wicked cool'? Because I'm gonna start using it that way.

• Locked thread