Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Good to see ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I still like this one.

Also that.

Also when the story exp was insane.

Also how excited I was about Blade and then how horrifically disappointed I was right after.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Degs posted:

Also when the story exp was insane.

I'm so used to being able to level to 60 in 20 minutes of boost time, it's crazy how slow leveling was at launch. I just found the screenshot of my first hitting 60 with Wolverine and it was dated August 29, 2013. So that's like two full months after launch, right?

Edit: someone earlier in the thread asked for photos from boon parties, right?

davebo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 18, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Cams and ICR were cool.

I never cosmiced

Shoutouts to soothing vapors from 2005 Trad Games

:respek:

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Someone post the insane lore on cyclops signature move or whatever

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Gibbering Madness posted:

you mean, the multi-paragraph, screen long tooltip?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I just heard the news and I'm sad! I played this game obsessively for a long time and enjoyed playing and chatting with the great group of goons. I also ended up spending way too much money on it. I don't think I've played since Brevick was still in charge, but I was MusketThumb, and I fondly remember ICR's relentless encouragement to cosmic.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

davebo posted:

I'm so used to being able to level to 60 in 20 minutes of boost time, it's crazy how slow leveling was at launch. I just found the screenshot of my first hitting 60 with Wolverine and it was dated August 29, 2013. So that's like two full months after launch, right?

That reminds me of spending 14 hours straight playing Psylocke on her release to be the first to get her to purple prestige for what might have been ICR's first contest. I wanted that sweet, sweet Tyr rune to craft my first Bowazon for Human Torch. She was so bad I vowed to never play her again and didn't until I decided to cosmic everyone.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Lozareth posted:

That reminds me of spending 14 hours straight playing Psylocke on her release to be the first to get her to purple prestige for what might have been ICR's first contest. I wanted that sweet, sweet Tyr rune to craft my first Bowazon for Human Torch. She was so bad I vowed to never play her again and didn't until I decided to cosmic everyone.

I think it was a race to red on her release prior to box prestiging being a thing. I got to blue and decided to go to bed, by the time I woke up everyone else had quit or finished. Think the first race was ICR vs davebo in a tiny wolferine challenge.

It was also during the days of future past 'event' that was basically sentinels randomly appearing. Often moonwalking into the screen by flying backwards.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Ok I finally have time to do my Marvel Heroes Walk of Shame:

Money spent: around $650
Time spent: 1245 hrs on Steam + a few before steam
Leftover G: 2095
Heroes cosmiced: 3 (never cosmic)

Memorable Memories:
- Fiskmas. Christmas 2014(?) I grinded so much that I dreamt of shattering glass those nights.
- the first tournament where I set the record highest TTK time with Deadpool
- boon parties
- the time when Collosus' dash or headbutt was broken and we headbutted Surtur with ten Collosii (?)

Early screenshot from 2013:

Early game interface when we didn't have all that fancy poo poo yet

Boon party including ICR with a white name

Here is a early game levelling guide that I saved somewhere:

quote:

From lv1 to lv8 just run the Cargo Freighter over and over.

From lv8 to lv12 run Hand Tower

From lv12 to lv14 run Fisk Tower

From lv14 to lv17 run Train Yard

From lv17 to lv20 run whatever that Magneto instance was called

Then just do Latveria, beat Doom, and make your way through the Green terminals(this is when pubbies will not be carrying you anymore and you should join the Mumble), moving up to the next one whenever it makes sense to do so. Once you hit lv27-30ish, do the Madripoor Challenge 1 so you can unlock Limbo, and then just run Limbo over and over until you stop getting XP from it.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Steam Stats
Hours: 3775 (doesn't include TC time)
Money: $1909 - this is excluding the original founders pack and all future packs that weren't purchased through steam.

Photo dump time!

Comixfan doesn't know acronyms

Best Wasp (Blood/Bloodchronism = captainhankpym)

Top Tier Pedoing

Long Hair Don't Care

Cides though...

Then, there is that time I got Disagrees removed from the O.

Then (check the Agree)

My general opinion

Peak Doomsaw

MiketheHoly

Twas a race!

End with surfer bros

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

FranktheBank posted:

Steam Stats
Money: $1909 - this is excluding the original founders pack and all future packs that weren't purchased through steam.

How do you see how much money you spent on it? I'm finally ready to look into that abyss

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Gibbering Madness posted:

this is that time, and i am that man

i'm going to miss this dumb lovely game

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Tunklord Supreme posted:

this is that time, and i am that man

i'm going to miss this dumb lovely game

Ryolnir may have been incompetent, lazy, and hilariously fat, but one thing I will say about him is goddamn did he love this game

Vakal
May 11, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

Steam Stats

And here I felt bad for spending $10 for the Beta Ray Bill skin.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Soothing Vapors posted:

How do you see how much money you spent on it? I'm finally ready to look into that abyss
On Steam you go to your Badges page and choose "How do I earn card drops?" for the game in question.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
This thanksgiving I will be thankful for nut facts, right clicking all night long surfer while watching mash, gifting goons, frank letting me leech xdef achievements from him, cosmic today, and long vagines.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

On Steam you go to your Badges page and choose "How do I earn card drops?" for the game in question.

I wish I hadn't asked

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

2500 hours played in Steam, played a bit on the Gaz launcher before that though.

$2,007 spent.

Fondest memory was getting gkicked by ICR because I killed MODOK in a terminal.

edit: Only yellowed once, Cyclops, regret it to this day.

Namaer fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 18, 2017

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

I wish i had not done that.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

6,372 hours played
$6,151.46 spent

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
3426 hours 1606 dollars. The sad part is i know i was already a couple hundred bucks in before it was even on Steam.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Oh god, I already have $480 spent in Elder Scrolls: Legends which I started around June.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

When looking at that steam money spent thing, don't forget that it doesn't count any Advance Pack purchases from the MH website

You're all bigger whales than you think

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember when... I think it was Frank? Pissed off Comixfan by beating him to making a Costume Suggestions Thread? :allears:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Sound the whale horn :gaz:

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Remember when... I think it was Frank? Pissed off Comixfan by beating him to making a Costume Suggestions Thread? :allears:

That was probably one of my favorite oforums moments.

gonna miss these guyss

godface zillah fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 18, 2017

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

My god he was so pissed. The best part is how he casually tried to act like the thread Frank made was the copy and his was the real one even though his was obviously made after. Until the mods shut it down.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Namaer posted:

2500 hours played in Steam, played a bit on the Gaz launcher before that though.

$2,007 spent.

Lozareth posted:

6,372 hours played
$6,151.46 spent

malhavok posted:

3426 hours 1606 dollars. The sad part is i know i was already a couple hundred bucks in before it was even on Steam.
yeah this is the content i've craved

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Join the discord!!!!!

But I get kicked every time I close it. How am I supposed to offer my services as dead superhero game grief counselor like this?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lozareth posted:

6,372 hours played
$6,151.46 spent

Alright I'm less sad than Loz, that's some small comfort

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cuchulain posted:

But I get kicked every time I close it. How am I supposed to offer my services as dead superhero game grief counselor like this?

COME ON. YAASSSSS

godface zillah posted:

That was probably one of my favorite oforums moments.

gonna miss these guyss

Yes this is what I’ll miss.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kelp Plankton posted:

When looking at that steam money spent thing, don't forget that it doesn't count any Advance Pack purchases from the MH website

You're all bigger whales than you think
Mine says I only spent $95.55 because I hid all my expenses in Advance Packs :coal:

Although that reminds me, shout out to Kakarot (rip) who, when I started playing this game, sent me the secret url for buying the advance pack with free Ghost Rider after Gaz had taken it off the store.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
2452 hours and 172€. No regrets.

Sad to see this game go, even if the development of actual playable content had hit a wall for the longest time. All of the other goddamn arpg's are fantasy and most of them aggressively mediocre. MH was far from perfect, but at least it had character and not just characters.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lozareth posted:

6,372 hours played
$6,151.46 spent

Less than a dollar an hour for purestrain Gaz enjoyment. Not a bad deal IMO

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

2648 hours
$699.80

worth it

what game are we playing next

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

frank if it means anything i'm sorry every game you play is in a constant death spiral

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lozareth posted:

6,372 hours played
$6,151.46 spent

Jesus. What was there even in this game that you could spend that amount it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cosmics