Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm up to 785 moons or so. At this point I'm just using a guide to find the rest so I can 100% the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i spent all day yesterday playing skyrim on the switch at work

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I've got my son a Switch and the new Mario game for xmas, which is also his birthday - he will be 8 and loves all things Nintendo / fun times in general.
I am going to get Mario Kart and the Rabbids thingy, I think Zelda won't be for him so am I missing anything else that is essential? Christmas is depending on you goons.

Does he like Minecraft?

Because Minecraft.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I started using a guide at around 800 moons and I'm glad I did because a lot of these I don't think I'd ever have found. Dan Ryckert claming he 100% the game after a few days is some bullshit.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What's good about it -- I'm at about 730 moons now -- but what's cool is that the game is basically in a state where I can load it up, run around and maybe collect a moon I've overlooked (gotta find all those seeds for the potted plants) and then just roam around a Kingdom or two. Hell that's basically what I do now -- I tend to hang out in the Seaside Kingdom the most because it has the most chill.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

I started using a guide at around 800 moons and I'm glad I did because a lot of these I don't think I'd ever have found. Dan Ryckert claming he 100% the game after a few days is some bullshit.

Run the bowser kingdom cloud level a few times and you have enough for like 10 toad hints

A guide is just better but still doable. Also he 100%'d it before release iirc

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m kicking myself over the darker side of the moon but I totally love that this game has a level for those that thought this game would be too easy. It’s just doable enough that I keep coming back and dying over little mistakes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frankston posted:

Nah, it’s totally possible if he had a Amiibo to send out and scout moons for him. I’ve done that on a few levels because it seemed slightly less like giving up than looking up their locations online.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rolo posted:

I’m kicking myself over the darker side of the moon but I totally love that this game has a level for those that thought this game would be too easy. It’s just doable enough that I keep coming back and dying over little mistakes.

If you ever get too frustrated do the frog glitch and swim to the end

djkillingspree
Apr 2, 2001
make a hole with a gun perpendicular

Takoluka posted:

Did you even *try* to play Snipperclips with your ex?

there is definitely an overwhelming sexual energy to snipperclips

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Got my Splatoon Switch and transferred my profile over, but it took a bit more effort than I realized. The process asks you to keep both Switches plugged into the AC adapter throughout, but you can get by using just one and plugging it in whenever the transfer won't let you go further without it.

More than that, though, I realized that my phone's USB adapter with A-to-C cable doesn't pass the Switch's adapter check. I'm not sure what it's checking, but it's probably the total output of the adapter; thinking back, my phone charger will just barely charge the Switch while I'm playing a more graphically intensive game like Zelda.

I should know more about USB-C chargers since I have a Google Pixel, but what's a good third-party charger that'll keep up with the Switch? Preferably one that'll take a separate cable, since I'd also like to get a cable with an angled plug that can rest under the Switch while it's propped up on the Splatoon carrying case.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Loads of people I know who are playing odyssey kind of feel like they’re done around 600 moons.

I think that’s the point where you stop finding moons by just running around and finding new places and when you have to do the “walk over to this totally innocent looking area and jump up to this one little square with no warning and ground pound and you’ll get a moon, have fun figuring out the other 4 moons you’re missing here”

Still love this game but I'm definitely feeling the Breath of the Wild Shrine thing where I wish there were fewer total moons and more of the remaining ones involved longer challenges. I'm kind of over finding a new corner of a level and finding two moons under breakable boxes and a third from talking to an NPC.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Ostentatious posted:

i spent all day yesterday playing skyrim on the switch at work

that's awesome!

many moons (heh thats a mario reference for ya) ago, I used to work as a contractor for cisco doing some boring overnight monitoring

i may or may not have sunk 100 hours into a fully modded New Vegas on company hardware during that time

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

404notfound posted:

Got my Splatoon Switch

Congrats on the getting the best looking one. I dread my awesome watermelon joy things breaking before they’re easily available in the US.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rolo posted:

Congrats on the getting the best looking one. I dread my awesome watermelon joy things breaking before they’re easily available in the US.

My launch left blue joycon is feeling kind of worn and as far as I can tell you still can't buy an individual left blue one.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I am somewhere between 650-700 moons now and my determination to 100% it is the only thing keeping me from buying Skyrim before xmas. Its weird how the post game levels aren't linear in difficulty by level progression. I have been skipping around, Cap then Moon then Wooded then Sand, and it seems that each level I play has harder challenges than the last. Maybe I just start the new level late at night and am just tired and sloppy, or I am following a predictable pattern based on the "found in art" puzzles has you skip around. I don't know.

I think I will clear all of these levels now and then go do Dark and Darker sides of the moon. Unless there is a reason to do those first?

Tender Bender posted:

My launch left blue joycon is feeling kind of worn and as far as I can tell you still can't buy an individual left blue one.

Ya, I have noticed that my ZL on my red joycon isn't always being recognized. Not sure if it is getting worn or if my timing is just that far off, but for the last few days when I try to ZL+Y in Odyssey to do that dive, he ends up just tossing the hat like I just hit Y. Should swap my joy cons to see if it is just me or that particular joycon, again, it may just be me being tired and sloppy since i have been working 12 hour days and playing late at night to wind down a bit.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 18, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

nerd_of_prey posted:

For the guy that asked the wired controllers are like pro controllers but with no motion controls or rumble. They are made by hori, licenced by Nintendo I think

Yep this is the one I got, they also have no NFC for Amiibo so if you're using those maybe don't bother. I also hadn't noticed until you mentioned it that it had no rumble though. There seems to be a lot of officially branded stuff made by Hori from what I've seen.

I'm up to around 415 in Odyssey and just finished the Dark Side. I'm probably going to end up finishing the second loop of kingdoms to get up to 500 and at least see Darker Side before tapping out. It's either that or it'll just get dropped when Xenoblade comes out.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
If Nintendo gets around to another iteration of the Switch hardware at some point, I hope they make the whole thing just slightly thicker. It would make the joycons more comfortable and I bet they could make then more durable.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

If you ever get too frustrated do the frog glitch and swim to the end

I might just do that and then it can just be an optional challenge. Needing to do it feels like something that would sour me on the game. Of course the only time I actually tried it I hosed the literal first jump. As in like the one with the dang glitch frog.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mario Rabbids DLC will introduce a new Hero + World when it releases next year.

That game has no goddamn right being so good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

unimportantguy posted:

If Nintendo gets around to another iteration of the Switch hardware at some point, I hope they make the whole thing just slightly thicker. It would make the joycons more comfortable and I bet they could make then more durable.

I hope they make the whole thing see through purple.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I wish Skyrim was gonna be a Black Friday sale game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Mario Rabbids DLC will introduce a new Hero + World when it releases next year.

That game has no goddamn right being so good.

Ill get the goty edition i guess

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Is that what the dudes picking up women in the Switch ads are using is Old Mario

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Skyrim Special Edition went from $60 to $40 in only about a month after it was released. We'll see what happens with the Switch version.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Still love this game but I'm definitely feeling the Breath of the Wild Shrine thing where I wish there were fewer total moons and more of the remaining ones involved longer challenges. I'm kind of over finding a new corner of a level and finding two moons under breakable boxes and a third from talking to an NPC.

I'm tentatively walking back this statement as I just spent a while in the Wooded Kingdom and found a bunch of moons like this, at the end of lengthy climbing/jumping paths. Although I did just find a platform room (Invisible Road) that seems literally identical to one that's on the Dark Side which is strange.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

New Nintendo Switch™ coming March 2018!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

I'm tentatively walking back this statement as I just spent a while in the Wooded Kingdom and found a bunch of moons like this, at the end of lengthy climbing/jumping paths. Although I did just find a platform room (Invisible Road) that seems literally identical to one that's on the Dark Side which is strange.

Several darkside rooms are just hatless rooms from other worlds. The bullet bill one is fiendishly hard sans hat but trivial with it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

New Nintendo Switch™ coming March 2018!!

*mashes pre-order button*

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Infinitum posted:

Does he like Minecraft?

Because Minecraft.

This. My brother has been introducing his six year old to Seven Days to Die, Minecraft, and Don't Starve.
And if a six year old likes Zelda, an eight year old will for sure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Real hurthling! posted:

Several darkside rooms are just hatless rooms from other worlds. The bullet bill one is fiendishly hard sans hat but trivial with it

The invisible path one is nightmarish without the hat too.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh, duh, I'd forgotten I didn't have the hat the first time I did it. That explains why it seemed so much easier the second time around :v:

I haven't found the Dark Side bullet bill room but if it's the one I'm thinking of I already want to kill myself.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can’t cant wait for the first “no hat 100%” speed run

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I doubt it'd get 100%. Even tool-assisted, small-only runs of SMW can only get 96/115 exits.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can you even beat the story without possession? Even if you don't count bosses.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

e: wrong thread

But hey here's some news about a new rhythm game coming to Switch next year: Musynx

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RatHat posted:

Can you even beat the story without possession? Even if you don't count bosses.

A no capture run (currently) has 15 required captures. Mostly in Bowser's Kingdom.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

e: wrong thread

But hey here's some news about a new rhythm game coming to Switch next year: Musynx

Got excited for rhythm game. Excitement lessened slightly when I saw it was not Hatsune Miku. Switch needs a Miku.

And an Animal Crossing.
And VC.
And the standalone pink and green joycons at MSRP in the US.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fun Times! posted:

Sorry if I missed a bunch of posts, but how is Skryim in handheld mode? Is the UI readable and distant enemies easy enough to target with magic and arrows? Also, is the game any more or less buggy than an unmodded PC Special Edition?

It's been six years since I've played it, but Skyrim is a different beast on a console. I turned the motion controls off after attempting them for 30 seconds, but that's 30 seconds more than I usually give motion controls. I haven't had trouble reading things or seeing far off dudes, and I am yet again playing a sneaky bowman. Actually to keep it fresh I still use the bow at melee range, which gets a bit frantic.

Joystick is inferior to mouse but in a way that I think will extend my enjoyment of the game. I'm looting way less than I recall and actually staying on the paths since it's a bit harder to forcibly jump up every mountain.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I can't figure out how to open the map other than opening a specific quest. Also not sure how to Sprint

I think the B button by default brings up the in-game menu, which includes Map. But you should swap it for the X button, jump.

L is sprint. But you should swap that with A activate/take: it's much easier to harvest resources if you don't have to take your right thumb off the joystick. And I don't tend to do all that much sprinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can you use gyro aiming in Skyrim? That alone would make it the best version.

• Locked thread